Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Back to Guilds

Reply The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition
The Hangout....where sanity is overrated. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

T H I N N

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:21 am
So GASOC ...

I've been neglecting this place out of sheer laziness, and this makes me feel like a silly head ... or an old man with Alzheimer's, I can never remember which.

Things have been really crazy this semester as far as administration is concerned. Nasty letters sent concerning foreign teachers, a personal attack against me, moldy bookcases and falling apart beds. At least the students are great and I've discovered what I want to shoot for, for my next job.

Ashram is going to try to get into the manga or anime publishing field! I've already sent my resume to VIZ for an Editor position and I'm waiting to see if Digital Manga Publishing has any openings. I'd like to get in with Del Rey, but they don't seem to be looking for anyone for their MANGA department. (so I may try applying for another MadHouse position and work towards the MANGA department)

While AD is posting the anime she's viewing for this new season, let me throw a few out there:

Tengan Toppa Gurren-Lagann - It's GAINEX showing once again why they are GAINEX. Although the reason behind that statement is a mystery to me, this show has the making of a truly fun, intriguing mecha story about a young boy who lived underground (THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS THE SURFACE!!!11) and worked as a driller. He finds a strange face (which ends up being a very tiny mecha) and, along with his "Big Bro" Kamina, actions are set in motion to propel both him and Kamina out of their underground safety zone and onto the surface with the aid of the ... rather sexy and "bouncy" Yoko.

Lucky Star - It's a sugar overdose that's not unlike Azumanga Daioh. It's just four high school girls talking about ... stuff.

Hayate no Gotoku! - I haven't watched this one yet, but the concept is ... BATTLE BUTLER!! xd  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:05 pm
Seth - Wow. Old Gaia. Yeah, I do remember. I might have to migrate.

Shiro - Tch. Fran is no San Andreas ho.

Gaia Drama?

Ashram - Silly old man!!

What's this about personal attacks and moldy bookcases? Those are not things I would usually put in the same sentence.

Manga, huh? That certainly would be interesting. Let us know if you get any calls back!

Regarding Lucky Star: I watched the first fifteen minutes of the first episode and had to stop. At first I thought there was some grand scheme, or at least some underlying innuendos that I was missing, but after a while it became apparent that there simply wasn't a plot or purpose. And my head hurt.  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

Shiro Nishida

Tipsy Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:15 am
AD :: well, surely not, but she can be my playboy bunny any time. xd (though I'll most likely end with a few broken ribs and sch x__o; )

yes. Gaia Drama.

in fact, the new site is gaiadrama.net

you have to login or make an account in order to read up on all the s**t that's currently flying in the exchange and such =/ (and a few drama from R&C too ninja )

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:43 am
AD >> Yeah, there was no rhyme or reason to Lucky Star, but I still found it entertaining. (especially the last part of the episode that had what was called, "Lucky Channel")

The personal attack came by way of e-mail. I did not attend a teaching meeting (forgot ... and this was the first time BTW) which, technically, I wasn't required to be at anyway ... and I got an e-mail from one of the FLD's lackies that said the FLD had decided if foreign teachers did not attend these teaching meetings, they would be docked some of their pay. (in truthfulness, the e-mail said "I" so it was, from the way I see it, directed at me) I come to find out that I'm the only one who got this e-mail, which is kind of strange, considering these kind of decisions should apply to all teachers. (and it does ... for the Chinese ones) I brought this up with my Chinese friend, who happens to be the Dean of the FLD, and he wanted to know who sent me the e-mail. Slightly confusing and alarming, don't you think? I haven't done anything with this yet, as I've been left alone lately.

The apartment I live in now had a build up of mold that was growing in the bookcase and on the curtain holders. When I first saw it, I thought it was just dust. Come to find out it wasn't. OH BOY!!  

T H I N N

axel

Angelic Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:37 pm
6o_o wow. all these outside sites dedicated to gaia.
i daresay if they ever wanted to take over the world, they could easily do it. gonk

aydee: i'm interested to see how the rest of the anime will pan out also. whee
and yeah, i'm guessing that's what happened...there were over 40 artists participating if i remember correctly. x_x ah well.

shiro: i loled at the FFXII. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:07 am
Shiro - Fran would put an arrow right in the offending part of your body.

Wow. That's like those magazines that are dedicated to what happens on soap operas.

Ashram - I didn't even make it that far into Lucky Star. Halfway through, I thought, "Damn it! I listen to this s**t all day at the office." (So what do you use to clean...? Really? Because I've found that... What are you ordering for lunch? etc, etc) I have to admit that the opening song is hilarious, though.

axel - Every time I happen upon a fellow Gaian, I just kind of shrink back, then run away. Especially if I hear the word "Chatterbox."

Death Note is now more like a fanfiction sequel. Like the original story was supposed to end with good triumphing, but some Light fangirls got their hands on the storyboard and changed things, then dragged DN into fandom madness. Yaoi undertones? Yep. Five-year jump to a hotter Light? Yeah. Men dressed in feathers? Absolutely.  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

Shiro Nishida

Tipsy Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:25 pm
AD :: you mean she'll shoot my middle finger? surprised but I can't help it if some jackass annoys me, I just flick 'em off instinctively without regard to anything. I've even flicked my mom off once. (that I can recall. sweatdrop )

Soap operas are overrated. (I know, I'm a Latino. Latinos are notoriously known for three things: Our sexy bodies, our scandalous sexist ways, and our soap operas. xd ) But yeah, that's how they roll.

Sorry to disappoint you but DN will go on a downhill barrage of episodes until it's very end. :C

Axel :: that I did too. rofl and to think I found out about this artist while browsing through Wikipedia's "Cthulhu" section. Ah~ Lovecraftian hilarity at it's peak whee

-edit-

oh, and before I forget: HAPPY GET "HIGH" DAY! rofl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:17 pm
Shiro - Yeah, sure. That. I don't flick off coworkers anymore. I throw staplers at their heads. (I always miss, thereby avoiding lawsuits.)

I like watching soap operas in Spanish because I have no idea what's going on. All the women run around in skimpy dresses and high heels, screaming at each other or slapping each other, and the men just kind of stand around and look handsome while the women are busy screaming and slapping. Lots of good stuff.

So I've heard. It's such a pity, but oh well.

Happy 4/20!

Anime update:

Claymore - Buh, so predictable. But still pretty.

Bokurano - PLOTWIST?! Have to keep watching now.  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

axel

Angelic Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:31 pm
Gaia Cinemas? gonk
like we need something else to bog the servers down.

aydee: aha! i also hate those yaoi undertones.
and i wish i would be able to ingest such obscene amounts of chocolate and stay that skinny, as well. redface  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:42 pm
Happy Belated 3rd Birthday, GASOC!

Sorry I'm late. sweatdrop I'd launch into a speech, but am much too lazy. Suffice to say I still can't believe that GASOC has lasted this long and how grateful I am to have met all of you. And so on. heart

axel - There are times and places for yaoi. DN is not one of them.

Maybe if ALL you ate was sweets? ...maybe?

Regarding Gaia Cinema: OK, that actually sounds like it has potential to me, but only if it ever gets to the point of having user-determined content. (ie, never)  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

Shiro Nishida

Tipsy Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:56 am
Happy Belated 3 years, GASOC! gonk heart

AD :: damn. I'll miss that finger then! .__.;

and I don't flick off co-workers at all. They make asses out of themselves without any help from me, so I just point and laugh instead. xd

Spanish soap operas are directed at targeted male audiences for their females getting involved in catfights, but more and more females watch them instead for the blatant sexist issues it brings, the degradation of poor classes there, and how females usually kill other characters, but get away with it until the end, in which they either get caught for another thing and they reveal the other crime, or they die altogether.

the funny thing is, most of them is the same re-telling of the same story over and over again. A few can be considered gems, such as the "original" Venezuelan story called "Betty la fea" which spawned a sequel, an even funnier remake called "La fea más bella", and the actual nbc program Americans know as "Ugly Betty". 3nodding

pity is the right word to use for that. :C

oh, and the bokurano thing was plainly pointed out in the anidb.info review even before I watched the first episode. xd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:31 am
3rd GASOC Birthday GET!!!!

AD>> The opening song of Lucky Star makes me smile a rather ... frighteningly blissful smile. I would suggest at least skipping to the end of the 1st episode to take a look at the Lucky Channel segment. You might find it amusing at least. 3nodding

axel>> Gaia Cinemas makes me screw my head into a "WTF are you doing?" position.

Spanish Soaps>> I always found the random man dressed as a bumble bee hilarious.

ASHRAM HAD A DEMO LESSON AT A PRIVATE SCHOOL TODAY!!!
It went much better than I thought. They should be sending me their offer in the next couple of days. :3  

T H I N N

Nyome

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:10 am
YAYYY, 3 YEARS! <3
*hasn't had the chance to really catch up yet* @___@;

Gaia Cinema totally took me by surprise. I thought we would've run into all sorts of copyright issues, but I guess they're public domain? I actually remember seeing that turtle... disaster drill..whatever video in my history class. We did think it was funny at the time, but it also occured to us that we undergo fire, hurricane, and tornado drills like they're nothing. Floods are just "slight inconveniences".

I love the Dating Do's and Don'ts. :'D

Finals are coming up next week. I've been eaten up by NYC, seriously. I've been slightly more paranoid after what went on in VT and whatnot. Really, how 'bout that racism, folks? : |

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:48 pm
Shiro - Huh. I didn't know that Ugly Betty was based off of something else. Doesn't really matter, though, since I don't even like the show...

It's a good thing I don't do research on anime. I like to be surprised.

Ashram - Oh, all right. I'll try to give it another shot.

And congrats on your demo lesson! Best of luck with their response!

Nyome - Gaia Cinema would be sweet if they'd let us all watch anime together. "Dude! Looka my head 'splode!" "What you say?" "Biatchzorz! LOL emo!"

Don't stress too much over finals. I know you tend to do that, but you shouldn't. You'll do great. And as far as the VT thing goes: always know where your exits are and have an escape plan. That's all you can do, really. Just know how to handle yourself in the situation and you'll come out OK. (AD leads a very, very paranoid life)  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

Chibi Koji

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:38 pm
I think the cinema is the coolest thing Gaia's ever done. gonk *Retro movie junkie.*

Happy even more belated 3rd GASOC birthday! >> And I'll say something more meaningful when there isn't a chihuahua running around the house.  
The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games