Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Back to Guilds

Reply The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition
The Hangout....where sanity is overrated. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Radicaldreams89

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:06 pm
@all retired artists from gaia: wow i cant believe there were really so many bad experiences.... o_O to keep you away from drawing....

and i went and watched HP today... a lot more than usually was cut off and i cant wait for the book! the wait is killing meeee!

(btw im bored, can tell?)

fangirls in general scare me ;_; i mean, im a fangirl too, but i know/admit when the weaknesses of the characters/games/anime/whatever i fangirl about gee! internet is serious business to a lot of people seem to be XD  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:34 pm
AyDee~ ;___; That's a lot of hearts for little ole me~ <3333333

I've just gotten to be something of a hermit/lurker so much lately that I just don't post anywhere. Elitism up the a** fo' sure~

D; How've you been though? ^^

Magician :: Hurr~ I went to the midnight premiere like a complete nerd...but my sister and I always go so it's like...tradition now.

x: It was disappointing to the point that I wanted to jump up and scream profanities as the credits were rolling.

Note about fangirl/fanbois/fanbases:: It's kind of humorous. I stay away from things that have like...HUGE fanbases. They scare me. e__e; Naruto and Bleach and....well I don't know what else.

=D Fangirl about things from a safe distance kthx. I'm half afraid to get mauled by fangirls everytime I start making Naruto references all wrong in public. Some girl actually pulled my hair and told me how to pronounce the names in the "proper dubbed way".

It was funny.

INTERNETZ...SERIOUS EFFIN BUSINESS.

jenna_chan2

Memai-kins

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:53 pm

Shiro >> Wow... that's just... *shudder*

Jenna >> *kidnaps and demands ransom* Geh, fangirls are the scary kind of homosapiens that should be tranquilised upon sight XD;

AyDee>> Bah, someone didn't believe how terrible my art was back then. Even after posting that up, they were like, "HOSHIT THAT WAS A LOT BETTER THAN I COULD DOOO!!!" TT 3TT;; Gah, fans... you think they would agree with you for once xp

Magician >> Well, it's not that I had bad experiences with art shops and auctions here on Gaia, most of the customers I've ever dealt with were very patient and understanding. Generally good people. But you know, you get older and you're out of high school, life suddenly gets too busy for you. I'm more comfortable with IRL commissions, it's a lot more worthwhile. Since I'm dealing with actual money, I can't play around XD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:38 pm
Ok not going to reply now.

Sad new time, for some reason my mp3 players little thumb stick has gone poop and will no longer reverse songs. And as AD knows the back function is very much need to navigate through the file system. So now I'm going to try and preform a bit of maintenance to try and fix it because I lack a warranty to cover it. So it's either try and fix it or have an mp3 player that only work at 1/2 functionality.

So if my next post is just a bunch of swearing then my fixing went wrong.

later heart

*edit* After a careful look I can't get to the part I need with out taking it all apart. And at the moment I don't have the cash to replace it if I screw it up. So for a while it's going to be one big playlist for me and one way scrolling. I hate when things just break for no reason.  

Saisei Hoshi
Crew

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:57 pm
Wandering_Magician (henceforth, WM) - I don't think it was bad experiences, per se. I think a lot of us ran out of time to draw. Graduating from high school/graduating from college/going out into the "real world"/whatever.

jenna - You deserve every one of 'em. heart

It's not like you to resort to lurking. o.O What drove you into hiding?

I've been good, thanks! How are youz?

Memai - Fans are like bobble-heads. They're good for the ego, lousy for everything else.

Akahoshi - GOOOOONNNNKKK. gonk I think I'm the only one here who can properly sympathize, so please know that you have my sincerest condolences. I'd read on audiophile.net that the joystick has trouble sometimes. In my highly un-technical opinion, I think it's because dirt and grime build up on the inside after time and cause the joystick to stop responding in one direction or another. I hope yours starts working again soon.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:07 pm
WM: Everyone else has it pretty much right. Doing commissions on gaia is really fun, but when you realize that gold will not fix your car or buy you food, you have to rethink your priorities.
I still like lining my virtual pockets with useless things though, so if a good deal comes up I wouldn't pass it up if I had time. xD

OhEmGee, I saw Harry Potter too. whee I wasn't disappointed (although I would have liked maybe a massage or some free drinks for a bloody 9$ ticket), but I was surprised with a few bits. I can't wait for the book either. whee

jenna: Crimony, I would have busted heads if someone pulled my hair. gonk you poor thing.
ANIMU IS SRS BSNS

hoshi: Argh, good luck with your player. gonk heart
Electronics are convinced that our lives are not nearly stressful enough.  

axel

Angelic Hunter

Nyome

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:17 pm
@Axel---- Missouri....*runs to consult her Map of the US* u__u;; I really am bad at geography. I never thought of Missouri as unsafe though.

Well, our island may be small, but it's not terribly safe either. I think they just want to spare some gas money. I saw my first gas station in NYC after what, 3 months there? and the price was like $4+

No mace. : ( I don't know any self-defense stuff either. My defense is just that I never go anywhere alone. I /wanted/ mace, but there was nowhere to get it.

Those old people can be scary sometimes. o_o;

@Memai---- Ah, I see. @ x@; I think it's actually because her name was already taken before she joined Gaia. I dunno, but I searched for her DA name because I thought that's what she was under, and it seemed like it was already taken by someone else. But I could be wrong XD Ah well, it's her life. I saw her shop half full of supporters and half of haters, so that's for her to deal with. The discussion about these kind of artists did strike me to make this though:

User Image

Aww, I wish I had a raft. Instead I have 3 umbrellas, a poncho, and rain boots. Haha, businessmen in rafts. xDD good mental image.

@Shiro----Get better soon! <3

@Jenna---- Hi~ :3

@AD---- ninja no comment.

You don't have any preference towards any other part of the world/US? XD I rather like California and NY. Colorado is gorgeous too. I hear most of them are blizzard-free too. Familiar is nice but boring after awhile ( at least to me I guess ). It's healthy to scare the living daylights out of you sometimes! :3

Did they? I didn't look too closely. I think she's pretty cute though. I love a lot of the characters in Claymore. I'm a total sucker for Teresa and Miria and Galatea and...okay, all of them. He does a really good job with getting you to like/hate his characters.

Fans are useful for spotting out art theft too. I'm so grateful for that~ I'm far too lazy and inactive to find any myself.

@Magician---- It's not necessarily bad experiences. Rather, a lot of us have stopped because of the opposite reason- good experiences that build up a nice reputation that lets us be able to transition into RL commissions.

So er, basically what everyone else has said. : x

I've been doing RL commissions for awhile, but I guess I still haven't gotten into the mindset that "OMG THESE ARE ACTUALLY IMPORTANT, DO THEM OKAY?". I still put them off and treat them like I would Gaian commissions, which I guess is bad. XD I don't know why they still put up with me (I've made people wait 1year+  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:39 pm
Ok reply time.

Jenna - Welcome back youz. heart

Nyome - I thought the tattoos layered to but I think they may have been glitchie. Because even now my red one switches to black every now and then.

Those song made me giggle, and I want me some humble pie, not to eat but as a pet. (It's so cute) whee heart

AD - I'm just trying to keep up with your sexiness. wink

As far as the mp3 player goes it may be dirt or it may be that the little pad the is above the button moved. Because it still clicks when I push it, it just refuses to do what it is suppose to do. I'm looking to is if there is an external remote for it, if I can't find one it's going to be deep tinkering time.

Claymore wise as far as side characters go, even if shes not really a side one Teresa number one in my book. The special side story they just released sealed it for me. And also Deneve because I want to see what her and those two swords are capable of.

axel - Thanks. I pretty much live in a electronic stress filled area, I have daily problem with my electronic products. Mainly just my PCs, but they get fixed in 10 to 20 minutes, it's all the little stuff that end up making me crazy.

WM - Art in the sense of drawing for me is gone, lack of time killed it. I still do art related things such as sewing and also coloring (pc only). For me drawing was always just a hobby and well hobbies come and go. No bad experiences just time.

Memai-luv - I'd give you a comment on on DA but I don't have an account nor want one. But I'm stalking yours, so I'll post a comment here because I can. Your picture "Sex Curls Rock n Roll", while it does look like it would fit as an album cover, to me it would make a better tattoo. Sine it's got an old school tat vibe but with just hint of new. But that's just me and I tend to look at everything by how it would look as a tattoo, since I'm a little ink crazy. Either way much love and praise to your arts. heart  

Saisei Hoshi
Crew

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:36 pm
If I failed to mention it before, I saw Ratatouille last weekend and can't believe how ridiculous it was. A rat that wants to be a chef? Okay. Failure of a dishboy who helps the rat achieve his dream? Sure. Expecting anyone at all to believe that the rat is capable of cooking without first attempting to prove that the rat is an intelligent, sentient being? *headdesk* Vital point here! VITAL POINT!

Nyome - Well, I wouldn't mind living in New Mexico, Oregon or California. For various, totally unrelated reasons. Tornado alley= right out.

Riful's face is longer and less child-like in the anime. I preferred her in the manga.

I'm actually constantly surprised by how in-depth Claymore is considering it's meant to be a shounen anime. I've no doubt it's aimed towards young men, considering how frequently the female characters lose their tops (Big monster? I'd better make sure I rip my shirt for that one...), but I'm still enjoying it. Oh, but Raki makes my eyes twitch on occasion.

Ah, good point. Fans are excellent scouts.

Akahoshi - I checked newegg, and they're not offering the X5 anymore. gonk They do, however, have this. heart

Teresa kicks so much a**. I was rather pissed by how she died. Even I want Priscilla's head.

Irene! How could I have forgotten her? She's...old-school badass, I guess. Dignified and whatnot. And OMFGherehavemyarm. o.O heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:22 am

AyDee >> Still, it's nice to have a couple around when you think you're the worst artist to have ever been spawned Xp

Aww, I wanted to go see Ratatouille! My girly-isms will certainly not stop me from seeing tiny, furry animals that talk * @w@ *

Hoshi-kins >> Ahh, tattoos *w*; I'd never get one IRL, because I'm too fickle to have a permanent one (I'm ALWAYS changing my wardrobe, so having something permanent on me is a bit of a nightmare XD). Aww, but thanks all the same X3 That was one of the few pics that came out wonderfully without me thinking too hard on it heart

Nyo >> AHHH! *grabs pie and keeps somewhere pie-friendly* • w • ISSOCUTE! XD *saves*

Eh, businessmen in rafts, the rare Malaysian species XDD You see them all the time once the rainy season hits. Banging on their laptops and fancy Blackberries telling their wives they'll be home 'late' Xp

Memai-kins

Nyome

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:57 pm
@Hoshi--- Glitches? That sucks. And we thought Gaia had finally done something cool. : (

I'm glad you liked the songs! Those kids are crazy talented. Each of them plays at least 3 instruments, they sing, act, and dance so well. They didn't even take a break throughout the whole show. > <

Humble pie hasn't made it into the local petshops yet, but I'll go talk to them. wink

@AD---Tornadoes are good for you! They instill a sense of mortality in you.

I just checked the episode again, and you're right. She doesn't look nearly as cute. : /

I was thinking about checking out the creator's other works, but they didn't seem quite as appealing.

@Memai--- XDD it's supposed to make people want to eat it!

That's so funny and sad at the same time. I can just imagine a businessman yelling on his blackberry "I'm floating past the supermarket now! Do you want me to pick up some eggs? what? WELL TOO LATE I'M BEING SWEPT AWAY"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:29 pm
Ok, it's late which explains why I got the idea to see what my little bikini looks like from behind. And now I'm giggling because I've got quiet the booty, I never noticed it before, but now the only thing in my head is the song "Babies got back". So now me and my little head kitty and showing off our a**ets. (had to do the pun)

Ok enough of that, I'll reply tomorrow after the giggling about pixel butt stops.  

Saisei Hoshi
Crew

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:49 pm
Too tired to post but must share latest example of human idiocy.

Customers seek treatment in the strangest places...

Hoshi is teh SEXXORZ kthxbai. *thud*  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:19 pm
You know, I was originally planning to be more active in my guilds but it seems life is against me. DD:

Though for the moment... I'm back. So HIII!  

Find_The_XdOGx

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:35 pm
Must share hilariously awesome news that made me proud to be a Gaian (though not because I agree with the admins).

Someone at Gaia posted a link to a leak of the new HP book. Scholastic found out and demanded that it be removed and subpoenaed Gaia for the user's information. Gaia complied. The user was banned for 14 days (roflcopter). Gaia is mentioned by Time.com, among others.

http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/article/0,28804,1637886_1637891_1644751,00.html

I don't know why this makes me laugh so hard. HP was leaked...not on Facebook, not on MySpace, not on a thousand other well-known sites, but on good ol' Gaia, where n00bz think they're safe from the wrath of Rowling's guard dogs. Heh. n00bz.

Oh, and HI, SETH!  
The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games