Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Back to Guilds

Reply The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition
The Hangout....where sanity is overrated. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chibi Koji

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:33 am
Lang~ That photo deserves an applause. So sneaky. xD

Aw shucks, thanks. I try. :'D Your 'fit is lookin' mighty fine, too. cool

I didn't nearly have the defence* to watch it at first. I was too long exposed to magical girl anime to remember what violence was like without shiney transformation scenes. D8

AD~ I got over boobs after the first 7 minutes of the show. xD I think it just helped reduce the doujins that would eventually come, you know? They don't leave much to the imagination in this one.
Nooo, I was sad when that happened. ): Torso nubs are not cool. Neither is puppy beatings. X_x

Higurashi with a fever must have been amazing. :0 Did you ever go for the second season?

In Giselle's defense: Again, Chipmunk friends to middle-aged men? I give her props for getting up on that billboard and not dying 5 minutes earlier. xD

* Ever looked at a word and thought "Hey, that doesn't look right..."? Well I do that about twice a week, and the more I stare at the word "defence" the more I decide to give up English entirely. I swore it was with an 's', and it turns out both words are correct. Dumb British/Americans and their one letter differences.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:16 pm
Koji - Yeah, there wasn't much left to the imagination. It was almost frightening how little impact anything seemed to have by the end. Not to mention the fact that the constant violence wears you down. When that one scientist exploded...man, I just laughed way too hard. Of course, Claymore helped prepare me for such things.

I watched the first dozen episodes of Higurashi, then went straight to the end. When I figured out that the only person who'd be going crazy anymore was Takano, I lost interest. No more Rena with a cleaver? Forget it.

Depending on where you live, defense/defence can be spelled incorrectly. Same with the whole "punctuation inside/outside quotations" debate.

EDITZ: Has anyone else seen Horton Hears a Who? Katie, the furry bowling ball with a head full of nothing, is my new favorite CG creature. Oh. My. God. Eat rainbows and poop butterflies!  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

Ryuuhou

Ruthless Visionary

11,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:46 pm
Thanks for the wishes smile
Now onto the next event, my graduation in May eek OMG Finally!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:46 am
AD~ Ack, I know. Total eye-roller when Mariko blew up that lady. xd I didn't expect her torso to still be up and about, though. D: Ooh, I hadn't seen Claymore, I was pumped up on magic and wishes from Shugo Chara. It's still somewhat gripping to see pink hair do so much damage. xD Do you suggest Claymore? Gundm 00 got boring. ):

...whaa? O.o I haven't seen the movie, but that clip was...scary. xD I'm glad she merged into the bush, she had too many teeth for a ball of fluff.

Ryuu~ Woo woo, go Javi go! :'D Got any special celebration plans? :9

I finally found the use for this item. Oh hoho. 8D  

Chibi Koji

Alucard_

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:02 am
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

It's 6 in the morning. Why am I awake?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:48 pm
Koji - Yeah. I was surprised to see her breathing so hard. That must be difficult without lungs.

Claymore was excellent, but it has no cuteness, no magic and no schoolgirls. However, it does have badass chix with swords, relatively stupid monsters, and plenty of sadism. It's definitely one of my favorites.

Excellent cosplay, btw. I wanted to be Lucy-in-horribly-ugly-elf-hat, but Gaia has no appropriate yellow skirts. It's amazing how Nyuu can make an outfit look terrible, but once she starts killing people, it looks half-decent.

Alucard - Hi! And...why are you awake? And what country are you in? You seem to be on CDT, so are you back stateside?  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

Alucard_

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:41 am
AyDee> Unfortunately I was never not stateside, just really busy with various things ranging from unbelievably sucky to unbelievably cool. I was awake because I apparently have this horrible avoidance of sleep that I really need to get over. Anyway, I missed you guys terribly and decided to vent my frustration as proof that I am still alive, and hopefully start coming back here or talking to you guys through other means.

Incidentally, a few of my friends were watching Claymore a few months ago but I wasn't sure whether I wanted in on it. You recommend it then?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:16 am
Alucard - Ah. Everyone seems to be traveling lately, and I seem to have extended that expectation to you as well. My friend's always jetting around and ragging on me for staying home, so I assume whenever someone's up early and complaining about it, it's because of jet lag. sweatdrop My brain works sometimes, I swear.

Anyway, hiyo, welcome back to GASOC!

I heartily enjoyed Claymore, but I can definitely see some people not liking it. The animation is good, and while the storyline isn't exactly original, it's not terrible. Sadism runs rampant, from monsters torturing people to people torturing each other to situations like "Let's play a game. First I'll slice your legs off, then I'm going to kill your friend unless you manage to reattach your limbs and stop me in time." It's really not for the faint of heart or faint of stomach. So, yeah, I recommend it with only mild reservations.  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

jenna_chan2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:35 pm
MUST REMEMBER POSTING IN GASOC MOAR

. . . -clears throat-

<3333333333

; ; I hope everyone's doing relatively well~

UH....I had absolutely no fun this week x__x That's for sure. But I get to sue my school! 8D; Fweee~

Elfen Lied was a complete mind screw. Complete with all positions x__x; I need to watch that when I'm not drunk and maybe I'll understand it. XD

Uh...pie.

Since I have nothing better to say unless people want details of my trip to the ER and my Irish Drawing professor freaking out. XD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:02 pm
AyDee - I have no idea, I think my avatar changed its clothes. sweatdrop

Also, lol "Chobits with gore" I have never thought of Elfen Lied this way. I'm so glad you said that.

Koji - Oh yeah, it was a very stealth mission. I wish the photo accurately illustrated the physical distance between me and Haruhi, though... She's actually like 5'10''.

Thank you, my sparkling friend. cool

Haha magical girl anime violence is in a league of its own, I give you that.

PS! AGREED on Gundam 00!
My friend and I are watching in hopes that Tieria reveals to the crew that he is actually female.

Alucard - Holy crap, you're alive. And waking up at disgusting hours of the morning... wtf, man?

Also, I second AyDee's recommendations of Claymore to you guys.

If you're looking for an anime that doesn't require much thought and has plenty of giant swords and half-demon girls that would otherwise be physically incapable of weilding said giant swords, this is the anime for you.

As an added bonus, the main character is an absolute trooper with no regard for her personal safety. It provides several moments of hilarity.

@ Alucard, if you liked Hellsing, you'll like Claymore for sure.

Jenna - HEY! :O You do need to post in GASOC moar. (I'm not one to talk, though... lol )  

Sir Langley
Vice Captain

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:15 pm
OK, so, the movie Fido is actually entertaining. Not recommended for those who dislike zombies and humor.

jennaluff! - Hey! heart How've you been? Aside from suing your school...? What's that about? And the ER? Come on, out with it.

Lang - Ears/horns/?. Frequent wardrobe malfunctions. Enormous eyes, and the use of one nonsensical word as an all-purpose phrase (nyuu = chi). How is Elfen Lied NOT Chobits with gore?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:13 pm
AyDee - Fido was actually decent?
A friend suggested that movie to me, but I'm always skeptical about watching movies they recommend.

I feel better about watching things if they're recommended by someone with a working brain.

Maybe I'll check it out after all.

See, my problem is that I've never made it through Chobits.
More like I watched the first episode and felt like I might cry. So I stopped before the world came to that end.  

Sir Langley
Vice Captain

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:10 pm
Lang - I enjoyed it. I won't say it's for everyone, but I've always been disgusted by the '50s as an era, and tossing zombies into it for the sake of social awkwardness is just what it needed. The parts that dragged, dragged pretty badly, but it ended well enough. If you look too closely, there's a bit of "what is human, anyway?" philosophy going on, but that's easy to ignore.

Meh. I guess I can't explain why I like it. It's short, anyway. How's that for incentive?

Oh, I never made it through Chobits, per se, but my library had a few copies of the manga. I read the first volume and the last. I can't imagine anything of importance happened in between.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:27 pm
Lang> Miss me? wink And I wasn't waking up at disgusting hours, I was going to sleep at disgusting hours. I would never wake up at 6.

AyDee> I'll have to check it out sometime soon then. First I need to finish watching this crazy thing called Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann so I can understand the constant references made by a few of my friends. I was also recommended Darker than Black and Baccano, anyone seen either one of those?  

Alucard_

jenna_chan2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:12 pm
Abandoned Dreams
jennaluff! - Hey! heart How've you been? Aside from suing your school...? What's that about? And the ER? Come on, out with it.

I've been okies~ Keeping myself busy and in one piece ; ;

In the hallways in the main art building, they have these display boxes. They aren't like...huge, but they're kinda deep. Someone set up the boxes and whatever, but moved one of the displays out of the hall. They made one mistake and left the support bars up. There are like...three of them at about knee level, little L-bar type deals that are screwed into the brick with some other gizmo attached to make them super boxes or whatever.

8D Just before my life drawing class (from 530-815...Yeah..shoot me in the face), I was walking down that hall, skipped two steps, stopped, turned just fast enough to turn towards the wall and impale my knee with one of these supports. They aren't very big and I didn't even notice it until I looked down and realized my brand new, never worn before jeans were torn. I was pissed...and then I saw the blood and decided I should probably put a bandaid on that so I could sit through class.

So I got someone to unlock the office (since it closes at five...bastards) and get the first aid kit. So I had this box under my arm, bloody towels in one hand and I slump onto this couch just by my professors office. I go through about three of those little alcohol wipe...things and the bleeding won't quit, so I give it a look and realize 'well, holy hell, I can see cartilage. That's probably not good'. A couple classmates were telling me to go to the hospital and whatever, but I just said no...until my professor came out of her office, told us to go along to class, so I started to get up and go, but instead I just looked at her.

XD Finally she noticed my bloody jeans and the gaping wound in my knee, so she started to panic. Funny little Irish woman spazzing at the sight of blood. My friend was going to take me, but then my professor changed her mind and demanded I let her take me. Unfortuantely for everyone else, they still had class. The woman took me on every backroad possible and I was freaking out about bleeding in her car and kept apologizing until she yelled at me ._.;

All my family was out of town too XD So I had no one else to call~ It was funny to hear them freak out. I only cried when I had to tell my mom that I ripped a brand new pair of jeans and I didn't know where the hospital bill was going. The rest of the time, I didn't cry...scream...nothing. Though it took them two and a half hours in the ER to fecking give me six stitches and no painkillers. x: Bastards.

8D But I'm good now~ Just stitched up and fitting for a bridesmaid dress on Thursday XD; I'll just have another battle scar to scare the creepy guys off~

In other random news :: Soul Eater is actually a pretty funny anime. I was highly amused at how often the guy comments on the main girls flat chest 8D;

The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games