Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fix Offers On Gaia!

Back to Guilds

This guild was created to help Gaians speak up about the offers. 

Reply Safer Offers
Official Code of Conduct (CoC) Revised Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should we adopt a CoC?
  Yes
  No
View Results

la dentelle
Vice Captain

Feline Demigod

23,725 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:14 pm
IceColdHaterade
Holy crap. Lots to catch up on, I see. I'm stoned, so bear with me as I address what appears to be the chief concerns.

I'd like to state first and foremost that, as the title of the tread already states, this is just a suggested Code of Conduct. We obviously can not force anyone to adhere to it nor will we ever "hate" upon anyone out of those standards as long as we can maintain a mature, realistic, proactive atmosphere.

Once again, just a set of suggested guidelines - all kind of common sense and nettiquette (sp?) stuff - so that as a Guild we don't end up with troll posts, inappropriate topics, and people here for the wrong reasons altogether.

Ultimately the more organized we are, the better our chances of getting our voices heard.

tl;dr- Act how you want but be mature respectful folk. It's really just common sense among anyone who realizes that acting like enraged toddlers won't get anyone anywhere.

Moving on to the need for spokespeople: True, maybe not a necessity. But that's only if you're thinking inside the box.

The key here is organization. It shows real maturity and dedication, for whatever reason, to seeing that Gaia hears it's users and gets their head in the game.

With a concentrated effort, not even too strenuous of one, Gaia staffers will eventually take the time to address us as a guild and, ultimately, hear us out. The more "with-it" we seem as a group, the more likely it is that the aforementioned will happen sooner rather than later.

The reasons I proposed we elect a few members to represent us in this fashion are numerous. But in a nut-shell:
arrow - As I beat this dead horse - organization. Believe it or not people do take something more seriously this way.
arrow Let's face it, not every member is suited for the task.
arrow Having more than one offers different perspectives on the subject and makes us appear more learned.
arrow More than one also guarantees that during peak hours and some time in between there will always be someone online.
arrow Solidarity. If I have to explain this...

And if, for whatever reason, the concept doesn't take too well with members, oh well. At least we could say we tried our best to get our voices heard in a professional manner.

It's true. I for one am on at odd hours, usually around noon my time, and then again around 6 or so, both times for several hours, when most people don't seem to be available.
Maybe you could present this list in a nutshell to the guild at large, so we can get more of an opinion on it. If most people are okay with it, then we should start soon, because the faster we act, the more we can get done.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:32 am
I've already posed the idea... hence the huge announcement toward the top of the main forum.

The problem here is that I accepted the guild join invitation, took a look around at how chaotic it was at the time (good job straightening that out tho), and realized that unless we start to take ourselves seriously... nobody else will either.

I've already received accolades from our Captain for the CoC and my ability to "organize" things, but it's not anything I can do alone. And until we really start moving as a cohesive unit... we're just "pissing in the wind."  

The One Called Sketch
Vice Captain

la dentelle
Vice Captain

Feline Demigod

23,725 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:55 am
IceColdHaterade
I've already posed the idea... hence the huge announcement toward the top of the main forum.

The problem here is that I accepted the guild join invitation, took a look around at how chaotic it was at the time (good job straightening that out tho), and realized that unless we start to take ourselves seriously... nobody else will either.

I've already received accolades from our Captain for the CoC and my ability to "organize" things, but it's not anything I can do alone. And until we really start moving as a cohesive unit... we're just "pissing in the wind."

Unfortunately, you're right.
We aren't organized.
As soon as the council/spokespeople/organizers are selected, we need to get moving.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:42 am
la dentelle
IceColdHaterade

We aren't organized.
As soon as the council/spokespeople/organizers are selected, we need to get moving.

User Image

Fortunately, Sexual Couture has kinda charged me with just that. It's simply a matter of putting word out as quick as we get new members. I'm approving at least 10 an hour. By the end of the day I project we'll have over 1000 members.

For now, let's just let more applicants post in the appropriate thread and we'll really get going with this thing by Monday.  

The One Called Sketch
Vice Captain

la dentelle
Vice Captain

Feline Demigod

23,725 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:21 am
IceColdHaterade
la dentelle
IceColdHaterade

We aren't organized.

User Image

Fortunately, Sexual Couture has kinda charged me with just that. It's simply a matter of putting word out as quick as we get new members. I'm approving at least 10 an hour. By the end of the day I project we'll have over 1000 members.

For now, let's just let more applicants post in the appropriate thread and we'll really get going with this thing by Monday.

We're going to have HOW MANY members?
eek

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:37 am
la dentelle

eek
User Image

I'm pleased to announce that by the end of the weekend, if not by the end of the day, we'll be able to boast around 1000 members strong (including Captain and Crew), and the petition signature count grows by nearly hundreds every day.

This is only the beginning, friends. Only the beginning.  

The One Called Sketch
Vice Captain

la dentelle
Vice Captain

Feline Demigod

23,725 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:47 am
IceColdHaterade
la dentelle

eek
User Image

I'm pleased to announce that by the end of the weekend, if not by the end of the day, we'll be able to boast around 1000 members strong (including Captain and Crew), and the petition signature count grows by nearly hundreds every day.

That is quite cool.
I'm doing some math, and if there are a thousand members, and 10 mods/spokespeople, that's about a 20 to 1 ratio.
That needs to be kept in mind when deciding on numbers of organizers/the like.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:10 am
la dentelle
IceColdHaterade
la dentelle

eek
User Image

That is quite cool.
I'm doing some math, and if there are a thousand members, and 10 mods/spokespeople, that's about a 20 to 1 ratio.

User Image

Ah. Good call. I did overlook that, and I'm glad you lit that fire under my a** just now.

But we really aren't getting that many applications for those positions yet, and alot of the members we have probably won't be SUPER active right away. So we should be fine for the time being.

Definitely something I'll be thinking about in the very near future though.  

The One Called Sketch
Vice Captain

la dentelle
Vice Captain

Feline Demigod

23,725 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:19 am
IceColdHaterade
la dentelle
IceColdHaterade
la dentelle

eek
User Image

That is quite cool.

User Image

Ah. Good call. I did overlook that, and I'm glad you lit that fire under my a** just now.

But we really aren't getting that many applications for those positions yet, and alot of the members we have probably won't be SUPER active right away. So we should be fine for the time being.

Definitely something I'll be thinking about in the very near future though.

True. A lot of the members have zero posts, so no one knows anything about them.(by the way, when I searched this, I also discovered that I have the second most posts, who knew?) You might want to check how many non-spam-like posts everyone has.
The current number of applicants/crew should be decent ratio to the number of active members.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:24 pm
OMG so much to catch up on @_@  

Wings-of-Ash
Crew

alethea_angel

Luxurious Nymph

32,840 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:48 pm
I know! I should stop sleeping if I want to keep up with all this. sweatdrop

Or maybe I'll just keep reading and not replying to more than three topics. XD 'Cause I've got other things I need to keep on top of too.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:51 pm
alethea_angel

Or maybe I'll just keep reading and not replying to more than three topics. XD 'Cause I've got other things I need to keep on top of too.

Lol. Very true  

Wings-of-Ash
Crew

The One Called Sketch
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:18 am
Wings-of-Ash
alethea_angel

Lol. Very true

Don't worry, comrades!

I've taken the liberty of adding a "Newsletter" to the main forum for that very reason.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:49 am
IceColdHaterade
Wings-of-Ash
alethea_angel

Lol. Very true

Don't worry, comrades!

I've taken the liberty of adding a "Newsletter" to the main forum for that very reason.

And I've somehow taken it upon myself to keep the numbers of members and signatures up to date.

User Image

la dentelle
Vice Captain

Feline Demigod

23,725 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Hero 100

Wings-of-Ash
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:32 pm
Sweet 8D