Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Lolita Society.

Back to Guilds

Tags: gothic lolita, japanese fashion, lolita 

Reply The Lolita Society.
What did you buy? thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

annai

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:18 pm
boconnotto
I just received the Montreal boots that I ordered from Ling Lam. ^^
[Actually, they arrived on Tuesdayish, but I only just got to open them today since I was out of town.]

Here they are:

User Image
Silly Posing
Silly Posing 2

There was a bit of an odd discoloration on the boots at the tongue, which came from the grommets. They're a bit rusty and left little red marks on the laces and shoe. It's no problem, though. They wiped right off without a mark and I'm going to seal the grommets later with a bit of clear coat to stop them from doing it again.

The boots are terribly comfy to walk and stand in [though I've only been in and out of them for maybe a half hour and a tour of my house] and very soft to the touch. I was surprised by this since the auctions make them look fairly stiff.

So cute! I was thinking of getting these boots in black as soon as my other ones arrived! How long did it take for yours to arrive?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:09 pm
I think I ordered them on July 31st, they were shipped on the 5th or 6th and they arrived on the 14th. So all in all, a two-week turn around from order to arrival. (:

I only got to open them today because I had them sent to the house I have up at school, rather than the house my parents own.

boconnotto

MinaMouse

Magnetic Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:20 pm
Such cute shoes! I want rocking horse shoes but only one pair. Would it be smarter to get them in black or white? I want to be more sweet/classic lolita...User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:34 pm
Depends on what colors you're going to wear? Sweet doesn't always mean white.
And I'd advise against getting rocking horse style boots. The shoes are fine, and in the photos I've seen the boots are cute sometimes, but generally they do strange things to the shape of your ankle. It's not terribly elegant and the leather puckers such that they look swollen. o_O;

boconnotto

Cryrin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:57 pm
For sweet lolita, white would generally be the most suitable, I would think. But it's not always the case.
...As for classical, it would really depend on what colors you prefer as to what color shoes you ought to wear. Though I personally don't care for rocking horse shoes as much with classical lolita as I do with other styles.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:10 pm
boconnotto
I think I ordered them on July 31st, they were shipped on the 5th or 6th and they arrived on the 14th. So all in all, a two-week turn around from order to arrival. (:

I only got to open them today because I had them sent to the house I have up at school, rather than the house my parents own.

2 weeks! It's been a month since mine were shipped out! I'm soo writing a complaint to Ling Lam right now!

@Mina: For me since I do different styles I bought an all white pair for sweet: a black and white pair for Gusso, and I want to get an all black one for Kuro. It really all depends on your style really  

annai

MinaMouse

Magnetic Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:24 pm
I think I'll go with white RHS and white boots (those boconotto got are so cute, I might have to get me some) and those white/pink mary janes would be good. I might get an extra pair of white mary janes that I can airbrush lilac/purple, because I think purple looks really good on me so I'm going to make myself a nice lavender/lilac dress.

Psst, does anyone think there's a business in airbrushed loli stuff? I'm really skilled with an airbrush and it would be nice if I could make a little pocket money selling casual-loli stuff with stuff lightly airbrushed on. (I'll upload a picture of wings I did on the back of a shirt some time... plain white shirt, but the wings are nice)User Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:38 pm
annai
boconnotto

2 weeks! It's been a month since mine were shipped out! I'm soo writing a complaint to Ling Lam right now!

@Mina: For me since I do different styles I bought an all white pair for sweet: a black and white pair for Gusso, and I want to get an all black one for Kuro. It really all depends on your style really

You're the second person to say that. =/
I wonder if they just had mine on hand at the time that I ordered?

I'm not sure. I kept in contact with her through the whole process, so maybe she remembered me better. I e-mailed her with questions about the boots before ordering, made sure to e-mail her after I had paid asking about tracking, e-mailed her again when they had gotten to the house to let her know that the feedback would be delayed, and then sent a thank you after I'd opened and reviewed them. o_o;;

I'm ... kind of crazy when it comes to correspondence.

boconnotto

alicedoll

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:51 am
User Image
User Image
Baby fukubukuro

User Image
Angelic Pretty

User Image
Baby

my newest shipment:
User Image
20lbs

User Image
AP accessories

User Image
AP skirt

User Image
Baby blouse

User Image
AP headbow

User Image
Cornet blouse

User Image
Baby OP

User Image
a+Lidel bloomers

User Image
a+Lidel jsk

User Image
Baby zip up

User Image
Beth blouse

User Image
Baby blouse

User Image
Baby cutsew

User Image
Imai Kira stationary and Baby postcard

User Image
Jane Marple pannier

User Image
Jane Marple socks

User Image
AP socks & headbow

User Image
Baby shoes

User Image
AP shoes

User Image
Baby OP

User Image
Beth zip up

User Image
Emily Temple Cute blouse

User Image
Emily Temple Cute blouse

User Image
AP cutsew  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:54 am
I am still amazed by the twenty pound package.
How long did it take to amass that before it was shipped?

boconnotto

alicedoll

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:54 am
i bet the post office thinks i'm crazy

around 1 1/2 months i think?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:23 pm
alicedoll
i bet the post office thinks i'm crazy

around 1 1/2 months i think?

0_o

I love the strawberry Angelic Pretty skirt!

Miss Nicolette Strange

boconnotto

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:27 pm
Probably so, but oh well. The post office workers themselves are pretty nuts.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:55 pm
I envy your things Alice xd ! I want your shoes! You always find the nicest things! I ordered my BTSSb LP too late but I guess that makes up for my AP LP. Lol my postlady asks me everyday what I had bought when she brings me packages from my recent spree XD.  

annai

xxxdeletemexxx

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:35 pm
Savings + school shopping = splurge

Meta
User Image
BABY
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
Ling Lam
User Image  
The Lolita Society.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games