Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Back to Guilds

Reply The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition
The Hangout....where sanity is overrated. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:31 am
All right, I think a month of silence is long enough. Hi, how are the lurkers, etc.?

Is anyone going to see/has seen Star Trek? I wasn't going to, but the 95% rating at Rotten Tomatoes is nudging me pretty hard toward the theater.  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:51 pm
lurker biggrin

I lost my job, looking for another one but things don't look good.

I'm going to watch star trek biggrin Syler is in there! heart

Is rotten tomatoes worth checking out for thumbs up?  

Ryuuhou

Ruthless Visionary

11,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 8:09 am
Lurker!

Sorry to hear about your job. I think a lot of people are in the same boat. Keep at it!

My friend and I saw Angels and Demons last night (her choice -- but really, I was pretty entertained), and Star Trek is up next. I'm almost excited.

Rotten Tomatoes is good for telling you the quality of a film, not whether you'll enjoy it.  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:19 pm
GASOC lurker 4ever xd

I'm going out tonight to watch Angels & Demons, I can't wait. I'm strangely excited about Star Trek too! It's like all of a sudden I am into watching movies. I really don't get it, but it feels nice.

Any other movies (or books) you think I should take a look at? I have a lot of free time now, so I want to make the best out of it.  

Ryuuhou

Ruthless Visionary

11,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:42 pm
Hm. I don't know anything about the movies that are out now, but I recommend Let the Right One In on DVD. (Download external subtitles for it, though; the provided ones are crap.)

You don't want my list of recommended books. It's a) too long; and b) too subjective.  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:01 am
OHAI

Okay, so, I have actual reasons for not even lurking. No, really, they're valid excuses.

First, I have a boyfriend. YAAAAAY. Free time taken. heart

Add to that, my laptop crashed. Couldn't even turn it on. After lots and lots of fiddling, I managed to reinstall windows. Lost everything as I had to reformat, too, but the laptop was working. And then I kept getting the BSD. And then the laptop decides to inform me the hard drive is failing. Um...what?

Turns out the fan doesn't always work like it's supposed to and then the laptop overheats and the hard drive fails.

So I call the warranty. They laughed. What warranty? "It expired last week."

I laughed. They laughed.

No, seriously, the laptop's less than a year old. Warranty.

Lol. No, seriously, it expired last week.

But I bought an extended warranty and that doesn't start until June!

Lapse in warranty. Nothing we can do. Lol you have a nice day now kthanxbai.

Yeah.

So I bought a new hard drive and voided my eventual warranty. surprised And then it was a long, slow process of downloading drivers and all that fun crap.

Star Trek was awesome.

If I could recommend any book to read it would be Patrick Rothfuss, "Name of the Wind". Read it. Now. Your life will never be the same. eek  

QAtheTenkou

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:54 pm
Boyfriends tend to do that. whee

WTF about your laptop, though. How could there be a lapse between one warranty and the other?  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:09 am
'allo~ I hoped some of ya'll will be online this summer. ><

So I finally finished all my transfer credits! No more busy classes for me. And just as Im on the verge of my one true free summer, I find out I need knee surgery and will be down for almost two months. There goes that. :u
Atleast I'll have the internet. 8D I'll finally have time to do important things like update my Devart and make myspace layouts. Oh joy. xD

So whats the final verdict on Star Trek? o: I'm tempted to see it, but not convinced.  

Chibi Koji

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:06 pm
Ick, surgery. Two months is a long time to sit around on your a**. Stock up on PS2 games.

I saw Star Trek tonight and I both liked and disliked it. There were scenes they could have cut, comedic timing that should have been timed, music that should have been composed by anyone else, minutes upon minutes that should have been nothing but Simon Pegg being awesome, and dialogue I would have beaten the s**t out of with a red pen.

But, AD standards aside, it was decent. I had a hard time predicting more than a few obvious tropes.  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:23 am
Star Trek had me giggling, and I quite mean it, giggling like a 17year old wearing pink poodle skirts, it was atrocious. I loved it. I admit I am not an avid fan nor did I really watch much of the series. Tbh I only have watched if added up a total of maybe 20 episodes and a movie, but that was enough. All the references I understood were there and I can easily say I understood a lot of it. The director wanted more AWESOME than actual cannon, and I think that is what made it a good movie.

Oh, hey, what the hell long paragraph.

In any case, an update on me would be that I (baaarely) passed my Calc 3 class and that means I am officially a Junior. Haha. And by Junior I mean I still have 5ish years left in school...

So how is everyone? :D/  

Noriko M. Chijinu

Dapper Lunatic

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:38 pm
NMC! It's amazing what a little prodding will do for lurkers.

Congrats on getting through Calc 3. Passing is passing, no matter how close it was.  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:01 pm
Recommended books were put in a shopping list biggrin

Congrats on passing courses guys, I'm just so glad I'm over all that xd

Did anyone see Sunshine Cleaning? I'm about to book a friend's night out for it and wondered if it's worth. Doesn't really look that interesting.

*prod prod* biggrin  

Ryuuhou

Ruthless Visionary

11,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:33 pm
Home on a Saturday night, woo.

I'm going to see Up on Friday. Andrew Stanton wasn't involved, so I'm a touch skeptical but still hoping for the best.

No one asked for music recommendations, but I've been obsessed with the OST for Angels & Demons for the past week. Hans Zimmer <3.

Ryuu - I haven't heard anything about Sunshine Cleaning. Can't help you there.  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:04 pm
I'm getting the OST, I saw the movie and it was, interestingly exciting.

If you get to see Up before I do biggrin I demand a critique biggrin just say go or not go smile  

Ryuuhou

Ruthless Visionary

11,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games