Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Back to Guilds

Reply The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition
The Hangout....where sanity is overrated. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:56 am
Which do you want, a critique or a go/don't go? There's a difference of about 500 words.

Watched Quantum of Solace the other day. Eeennggh.  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:39 pm
I completely forgot the difference. Go or no go? sweatdrop heart  

Ryuuhou

Ruthless Visionary

11,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200

jenna_chan2

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:01 am

8D HI MY NAME IS JENNA AND I EXIST KIND OF SORT OF BUT NOT REALLY.

OTL School kicked my a** last semester, but I have a hefty amount of artwork to show for it. I managed to make all A's in my five classes...so I don't know how THAT worked. Should be set to graduate next spring~ >w< Art show in the fall and painting is my last art course before student teaching. o__o I'm oddly nervous.

I think Hancock was the last movie I saw in theatres. x: -lame- I spent literally...all my time in the printmaking studio.

Starting work on my final batch of work so I can have it squared away for my show...and I start up my summer semester June 8th...shoot me in the face please.

; ; Hope everyone is doing well~ <33

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:42 pm
Re: Up. Go see it. It's harmless.

jenna heart ! - Hi! Glad to hear you're moving along with school! Will you be teaching art, then, or...? I'm confused, which isn't unusual.

You have to take pictures of your show for us. Absolutely, positively.  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

Noriko M. Chijinu

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:29 pm
Up was adorable, but I had a little trouble getting out of the theater since the ending did not feel like an ending so I thought there would be something at the end.

I used up my last free pass to the movies watching up. I'll start saving up to go see angels and demons.

Aydee- It's true, even though my GPA took a plunge, I am willing to take the hit right now. I can always make up for it later.

JENJEN<333  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:39 pm

AyDee :: <3 Yep~ Slowly but surely. And I'll be teaching art o: HIDE THE CHILDREN JENNA WILL EAT THEM. Or just teach them to think outside the box. I'm pondering a double major of art ed/art history though o: Could be cause for the confusion~ <333 Hope everything's been going okay for you as well!

Art show will definitely be a picture taking bit. My prints have actually gotten a lot of recognition and I've improved with the technique and my art like...by bounds. It's ridiculous.

Example ::

I had a zinc plate that was 11x15 and I had to make a print.

http://jenn-ally.deviantart.com/art/Breaking-BAT-111707282 <-- Ouuu Ahhh.

BUT THEN....our next assignment was to take that plate...and alter it somehow. We had to take something out and add something else in.

http://jenn-ally.deviantart.com/art/Breaking-Inside-Fin-117829072 <-- So that happened.

If nothing else, I've found my medium XD; I spent up to thirty hours in the printshop weekly. Go figure, it was my job. -shot-

Nori^3~ <333333333333 !!!

jenna_chan2

jenna_chan2

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:36 pm

This is also incredibly random, but I feel the need to babble about it somewhere. I'm going through reference sheets for Hetalia because a friend of mine kind of hinted at wanting to cosplay it...so I was looking for references for Hungary. In my searches...I find this. Okay~ It's a cute uniform.

. . .

Well wait a second.

About two years ago...I'd drawn this. . .

Can I file design theft on Hetalia?

XD

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:58 pm
NMC - The ending covered most of the points, but yeah, it could have used a bit of follow-up on a few things.

jenna - Nifty. What age group?

Zinc plates? Damn, I didn't even consider that as a possible medium. It does look spiffy, though.

Those uniforms bear a striking resemblance. School uniforms all sort of look the same to me, though, being the public school brat that I was.  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

Chibi Koji

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:26 pm
I very much enjoyed Up. Although the beginning was really emotional for a childrens movie. D: But who didn't think Doug was adorable?? :'D Up is a go.

AD~ Still haven't gone to see Star Trek or Angels and Demons. The night I did go to the movies majority overruled, and we say Obsessed with Beyonce. I'm not sure how much more I need to say. xD

Jenna~ Hey! :0 Zinc plates?? Sweeet. Thats some hardcore arts. And I thought I was cool because I finally figured out proportions. >o>;;  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:43 pm
Koji - How did you allow yourself to be dragged to Obsessed? There should have been kicking and screaming involved. Maybe biting.  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

jenna_chan2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:55 pm

Hurr~ I died for a while again x__X;

I'm aiming for high school. I'll take pretty much anything but I like for there to be a focus and not so much crafty crap like macaroni necklaces.

And yep! I've done zinc and copper plates. Mostly zinc plates because the acid eats into it better~ Coppers really good for mezzotints *___*

Koji :: Heyoo~ <3 XD Proportions are my weakness 8D They still fail in my art and totally don't exist. My professor gets onto me for drawing super elongated figures even though it's my style and I'm allowed to do so. D; You're totally awesome though <3 But we already knew that.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:22 am
AD~ Honestly, I was lured in with free snacks, for I had none of my own. Twizzlers are a powerful thing. x:
And Obsessed was pretty ew. I probably saw the worst lingerie getup ever, but the unnecessary fighting scene at the end ended up being totally necessary. (What?)

Jenna2??~ Lol, although I learned them, I dont really apply them very well. 8D I still adore big heads and long legs, so everything looks like a Bratz doll. But atleast they don't look trashy! Thats the goal. xD <33
Aww, how can you not like macaroni art? This tempts me. >>  

Chibi Koji

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:55 pm
jenna - Macaroni necklaces. xd

Koji - Ah, I see. Sugary goods are pretty tempting.

So...the unnecessary fighting was necessary?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:58 am
Very. D: Up until then it was just a sexless Fatal Attraction ripoff. At the end there's a moment when the cops are on their way and a normal person would run to safety and wait. But instead Beyonce's Tribal Mode kicks in and the pantsless fighting scene ensues. Then I felt it earned my $6.50. 3nodding  

Chibi Koji

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:14 pm
Not that this affects anyone, but I've disabled join requests. I wouldn't even know what to do with new members.

Koji - I actually just raised an eyebrow over that. Kudos.

In other news, I saw Celtic Woman on Saturday! They're...um...not really my expected style of music, but I always appreciate expertise in any area. And damn, they're experts.  
The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games