Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Back to Guilds

Reply The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition
The Hangout....where sanity is overrated. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shiro Nishida

Tipsy Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:13 pm
Koji :: for your information this would be the SECOND member of GASOC I have met IRL. the world didnt end during the first, and I do believe the world didn't certainly end while meeting this other girl.

:'D

AD :: Your idiot beacon is quite powerful i reckon. sure you weren't anywhere near the baltimore area tho? if not then thank god; the idiot masses were in full swing there. x__x;

Tell your Cowon S9 to eat my shorts. BET IT CAN'T EVEN DO THAT, HUH?! >8D ..... wait....wtf am I saying? orz

Actually, so you and Koji know, I met with none other than Songjewel! :'D As for the fanboying, I did during the first day, then by the second her boyfriend was present, so I couldn't fanboy her as much. ;__; then again I met a ******** of artists well known as R&C oldbies, so that was fun. Still it was weird getting discounts JUST BECAUSE I knew these people from like five years ago 8(

also, I MUST DECLARE THIS OFFICIAL GASOC REQUIREMENT IF WE EVER GET TO MEET UP AT SOME UNDISCLOSED LOCATION:

we're all gonna go to a bar, and do a drink and draw. no questions asked. no one can back out. period.

yes.

DRINK....AND....DRAW. it was ******** amazing doing it with other people for lulz in baltimore, so we gotta do that. no srsly. WE HAVE TO! D:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:53 pm
So does anyone else around here watch True Blood, or is it just me? (It's just me, isn't it?)

Shiro - SJ?! How is she? I'm jealous as all hell.

I'm trying to picture a group of GASOCians sitting down at a bar and getting out sketchpads without feeling insane.  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

Shiro Nishida

Tipsy Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:21 pm
Sorry, my watchlist for programs is backlogged at the moment. 8( I'll probably pick it up later ;__;

Also, Yes! SJ! She's gooooood. :3 no, really. she is. think of me meeting her as payback for the earlier Cowon s9 thing User Image

DO NOT IMAGINE ANY FURTHER, MY DEAR! :'D here's photographic evidence of such mayhem did actually happen in the streets of Baltimore, around 12 am, and after.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/nmsfr/Otakon/DSC01401.jpg
part of Aborted Creativity Studios' crew Richard, Phil and Eli (from left to right)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/nmsfr/Otakon/100_0035.jpg
Ryuuhou and me. :'D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/nmsfr/Otakon/DSC01400.jpg
from right to left: james, fev, theresa, paul, grace. and yes, that is a collared dove, commiting suicide in front of us. 'Twas a part in the drawing process.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/nmsfr/Otakon/DSC01403.jpg
part of the previously mentioned people ... and the first-ever allowed picture of Shiro drawing something other than those ridiculous things back at our old GASOC xmas charity thing we had in 2004 :'D (it's actually shiro's hand drawing something there. the theme's secret ingredient was "crabs" >>; )

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/nmsfr/Otakon/DSC01405.jpg
Phil and Richard drawing something else since they finished before anyone else. also the backdrop is of the BCC @ Night. <3

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/nmsfr/Otakon/DSC01404.jpg
Kevin from Aborted Creativity Studios sketching his little heart out to finish in time the last topic we were allowed before the bar closed on us.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/nmsfr/Otakon/100_0036.jpg
Group Grand Finale picture. Also this one happened when the bar in front of the BCC closed down shop for the night. The poor owner of the bar had to take this picture seven different times: one for each person who brought a camera then. XD

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/nmsfr/Otakon/DSC01408.jpg
Last pic of the Bar we were in as it was closing.

also, yes, I called you my dear. I expect there to be some blood loss (namely mine) in the near future. T____T

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:43 pm
Shiro~ Lol, Ryuu doesn't count, he's your brother. xD Baltimore looked like a grand adventure. :0

AD~ Lmao! Radcliffe only got worse as the movies went on. In Order of the Phoenix he looked like stranger danger sitting in that playground. :u

Wow, I can't believe I didn't pick up on that resemblance earlier. o.o;
So far that's all I can see myself doing in Fragile, and I can't wait! :'D Fetch quests for small glimmers of affection? I'm there. The gameplay I've seen is making me worry, though. ><

So, I actually got the nerve to reopen one of my old art shops. Gaia's constant feed of cash shop items (and my lack of money to buy them) is forcing me. D: I think I finally picked up on the patience and perseverance thing so I hope to stick to it. :9  

Chibi Koji

Shiro Nishida

Tipsy Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:36 pm
Chibi Koji
Shiro~ Lol, Ryuu doesn't count, he's your brother. xD Baltimore looked like a grand adventure. :0

So, I actually got the nerve to reopen one of my old art shops. Gaia's constant feed of cash shop items (and my lack of money to buy them) is forcing me. D: I think I finally picked up on the patience and perseverance thing so I hope to stick to it. :9

lmao i already told you, i met songjewel. ryuuhou was with me along for the ride :'D

Baltimore was an adventure. wrong hotels, hotel freezing a bunch of my money, the hotel being over 10 miles away from the BCC, the drama @ the AA & Dealer's room, the drama over the Live Auction, the awesomeness of the events, the long-a** lines, there only being one bathroom in the AA for males with only one working toilet available, the taxicab rides late at night, the light rail trips across the countryside early in the day and late in the evening, the damn long airplane ride to and from Puerto Rico in a non-stop flight... and beyond any of that, both good and bad, the -best- thing about it all was meeting the tons of people we did. In some cases simply talking to them, in others, just hanging around their table, and even drinking and sharing ideas and views on things that interest us.

yeah, it was awesome. perhaps it's sad due to some f these people not returning next year to Otakon due to the drama these past two Otakons, but then again there's more venues (not just baltimore) to have a good time @ a con. :'D

Also, link us to that shop kthnx XD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:27 pm
heart I loves you guys. Shiro and Ryuu bought my shirts. smile I gave them the GASOC discount. We reminisced about when I was at Forestry camp and all you guys were sending me letters.

I've gotta get in on this drink and draw thing. Any of you guys live near Southern NY? wink  

Songjewel

Chibi Koji

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:17 pm
Shiro~ Transportation and money drama are a key part of the con experience. xd Eesh, and unfortunately so is public bathroom drama. (I avoid this completely by holding my bladder for 20 hours at a time.) It sounds like an awesome time though. x) If you ever venture to a Cali con, hit me up. ;D

I'll post a link once I actually finish setting it up. xD; I've been doing art trades and freebies to get Gaia examples, and making the banners is a complete chore. -m-;; Btw, did you draw that lil guy in your sig? o.o It's so crisp and cute~ >o<

Songjewel~ So totally jealous! You sold shirts at Otakon? o.o I'm getting antsy for a big con, I had to miss them on account of my knee. :c

TECH QUESTION (Kinda...)
So I just got my friend to build me a brand new computer. I was in desperate need, on account of mine is a Costco stock 2003 clunker. (It can't even play Maplestory correctly anymore. It hurts.)
Now I have a decision to make. I forgot to add in a copy of Vista to the budget and the parts are here with no operating system. My friend, being the sav he is, has a not so legit copy of it he can give me for free. I told him I'd feel better paying for one, but he tells me Windows7 is coming out mid October, and just wait till then.

Would it be wise to run with the booty copy of Vista and then buy Windows7 when it comes out? Or should I just get a Vista basic until then? I'm paying a good chunk for this computer and I don't want to do anything risky to my new baby. *m*  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:43 pm
Eeeeew Twilight tattoos. I don't know if I want to see how bad they are.

Shiro> I really want to go to Otakon next year. Was at a music convention in Orlando that weekend. Ended up talking to an Otakon staffer for a while at the airport on the way home, was amusing. We should totally have an east-coast GASOC meetup.

Koji> From my googling, the only problem I hear with the Windows 7 beta is IE8, but you should be using Firefox anyway. I've never had a bootleg OS mess up my computer any worse than any normal OS, and a lot of that was my own fault anyway. It's a new computer, worst that can happen is that you reinstall it and have to back up what, a few days worth of data at worst?

As a result of that googling, am now watching videos about Microsoft Surface, and simultaneously hoping it'll be that cool in reality but dreading the day where I have to side with one OS or the other, cause I'm betting that wonderful Bluetooth "put random s**t near me" functionality won't work for iPods.

Screw touchscreens anyway, I'm waiting for the MacBook Wheel xd  

Alucard_

Chibi Koji

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:43 pm
Alucard~ Lol, IE. After I discovered the wonders of Firefox I never went back. The only thing IE ever did for me was give me spyware cooties like a dirty prostitute. D:
From what I've seen Windows7 doesn't look bad. And I guess you're right, all of my files are on an external drive anyways. :9 Until it comes out though, I'll settle for bootleg Vista. Thnks for the link, btw. x)

Microsoft Surface looks like some Jetson's s**t. o_o It'll be all the rage amongst upper class doosh bags everywhere! I talked about it to a friend and we can't wait till some celeb puts their camera on the wrong coffee table and exposes all of their nudies. xd
Dude, what the hell is the Wheel? You can't take away all the buttons on a laptop. It took the guy 45 MINUTES to write a one paragraph email. xDD Forget touch-anythings, I'll stay old skewl with my mass of buttons. cool  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:38 pm
I'm never having children. Ever.

My ten year old cousin is more of a handful than a newborn I swear to all that is cheesy and holy. Like Swiss. That's a good one.

Luckily, I'm taking her home to Ohio this weekend.

I need to remember to babble in here plzkthx.

jenna_chan2

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:17 pm
Oh, hey. Guild.

Shiro - Why is it that every fan gathering looks like every other fan gathering? Aside from the lack of storm trooper gear, I mean.

Koji - Stranger Danger Potter...god, I'm so pestering my HP-obsessed friend with that one.

Also... Art...shop?

Also^2, I have no Windows hacking advice. I've been using the same copy of XP Media Center Edition for years now.

SJ - I remember forestry camp! Rather, I remember YOU going, and the rest of us wondering what forestry camp was, exactly.

Alucard - Twilight tattoos are sort of like guys falling off skateboards onto handrails. On the one hand, it's painful, but on the other, you can't stop laughing.

jenna heart ! - Re: the children thing -- amen.

Ohio. Engh. Don't let it steal your ambition.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:07 am
User Image

Found this on the forum page. Uhh, who? xD

Jenna!~ How horrible could a 10 year old be? xD That's the age when they're still cute, but just independent enough to not need you to actually watch them. To my experience anyways. :9 *Worst babysitter ever.*

AD~ Yeah, I figure that was the reason for most of my Gaia existence, so why not have a whack at it again? :0
If I could walk, this totally wouldn't be happening. >>  

Chibi Koji

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:45 pm
Koji - n00b spam. I took care of it.

Oh, that's right. How's your gimp...ism... coming along?  
The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games