Welcome to Gaia! ::

Savage Arts

Back to Guilds

Guild RPGs, Contests, World Conquest, Random Silliness 

Tags: world domination, games, comics, arts, random 

Reply Savage Arts Main Hall
General Discussion Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 760 761 762 763 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ayaji
Crew

Invisible Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:19 am
A sinus infection that makes you swell up? Weird...
I used to be so allergic to mosquitoes that if one bit my cheek my eye would swell shut, so I used to run around unable to see anything half the summer. Luckily I developed an imunity of something, since mosquitoe bites don't swell up nearly half as bad anymore. I still hate mostquitoes though domokun  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:49 am
I loath them, in my family i tend to be the 'sweet meat' i always get bitten more then anyone else in my family ._.

man they should go after my dad, curse all the pepperes he eats.  

clubanimon
Crew

Miko-dono

Dapper Gaian

3,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 1:24 pm
clubanimon
I loath them, in my family i tend to be the 'sweet meat' i always get bitten more then anyone else in my family ._.

man they should go after my dad, curse all the pepperes he eats.

Depending on your diet, the mosquitos will either eat you alive or leave you alone. I recommend you eat lots of citrus fruits, since mosquitos don't like it. Also, it's a good idea to rub orange peel over your skin before you go outside, it's a great repellent and it makes you smell good and the essential oil in the peel is good for your skin. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 1:26 pm
Ayaji
A sinus infection that makes you swell up? Weird...
I used to be so allergic to mosquitoes that if one bit my cheek my eye would swell shut, so I used to run around unable to see anything half the summer. Luckily I developed an imunity of something, since mosquitoe bites don't swell up nearly half as bad anymore. I still hate mostquitoes though domokun

*nods* Yup, I was swollen like a frightened blowfish. But only on the left side of my face - Kazu can attest to that. I really don't know why it did that, cause I've had at least 1 sinus infection each year for at least 9 years and this has never happened before. rolleyes Go figure.  

Miko-dono

Dapper Gaian

3,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Sensei Grae

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:29 pm
Ayaji
I'm going to have to re-read the books (and finish the cycle this time, since I never read book five or six) I watched the trailer and didn't recognise any of the characters but the one I think is Ged (aka Sparrowhawk)

i love the books. theyve been my favorites since high school. she came out with some new ones that center around ged's adopted daughter. i hope miyazaki jr will do a good job with the anime - after watching the trailer, i cant follow much either - but the farthest shore is more about the young king than of ged. ged is an old man by this third story.

here's the summary (from the back of the book):

arren, prince of enland. ged, archmage of roke.
the young prince brought harsh news. there was no longer true magic in enlad - the mages had forgotten their spells. the springs of wizardry were running dry...with arren, ged set out to meet the unknown dangers, to confront his own past, and to test the ancient prophecies...ged took with him on his journey all the hopes of Earthsea, moving now into doom or into a new age...

they cant do any worse than the sci-fi mini series that tried to merge wizard of earthsea and tomb of atuan into a single story. it was pretty lamerz.

oh, i also hate how people are translating the title of miyazaki jr's upcoming anime - they're trying to do it literal: war record of ged. its the same japanese word as 'record of lodoss war' but i think a better english title, one that fits the story better, would be 'deed of ged'  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 1:44 pm
Yeah, I remembered that the book was more about Arren then Ged, although for some reason I remembered his name as Aaron...
It has been quite a while though^^'
I'm figuring Ged is the old guy with the staff and scar

As for the sci-fi movie...it was ok, but it would have been better off as being called something else since it was so different. It annoys me when they do that to books stare  

Ayaji
Crew

Invisible Sex Symbol

1337one

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 1:00 pm
still don't know what books your talking about  
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 6:03 pm
hey.
you know what's good?

DR TRAN  

Radjulon
Crew

Maeth
Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 1:09 am
OH GOD...
Dr. Tran...  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:22 am
I heart Dr. Tran.

I can't post a link though cause it's FAR above PG13

.....you can always go to youtube.com to find it though...  

Radjulon
Crew

Maeth
Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:35 am
For those who don't know it's not in a visual sense mature, just language.  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:47 am
I have no idea about the last two book/shows people have been talking about sweatdrop

Oh well ^^;

So how about that weather latey? It finnaly feels like spring heading tp summer around here.  

clubanimon
Crew

Sensei Grae

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 1:13 pm
maeth mentioned to me this weekend some of you play Exalted. a friend of mine wants to start a campaign on-line using chat rooms, dice rollers, maybe even skype or some other audio conference room. if anyone is interested send me a message.  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:37 pm
I like my exalted character so much I am going to draw a comic about him^^  

Ayaji
Crew

Invisible Sex Symbol

1337one

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:51 pm
I know this is a little off the subject but i haven't seen or talk to my girlfriend in 2 or 3 days and its

D R I V N G

M E

C R A ZY

just thought you might want to know and boss i won't be able to get on gaia for a couple of days k thanks and bye  
Savage Arts Main Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 760 761 762 763 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games