Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Back to Guilds

Reply The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition
The Hangout....where sanity is overrated. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mei_chan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:37 pm
DarkishStar- O_O oi! thats not good >.< bad daddy bad daddy heh =P well o.o it looks like the part didnt take plce....>.< did it??? so we can have another party =P ^^UU heh  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:17 pm
DarkishStar: xd ish a good name! a good name! ^^;; I'm never that creative with names.

umm umm..*shuffles feet* well I'm used to hearing really high prices and bids and whatnot, so I guess to me 7-10K isn't really much. n_n;; I dunno, lots of artists are overcharging, some are undercharging..hardly find any that charge the right amount XD

Auctions get inside your brain and do evil EVIL THINGS! >_< *has become so corrupted after her art auctions* I used to charge 2-5K before auction.. n_n changed so much.

I find lineart HARDER than CG. CG is time-consuming, but in my case, I have to clean up my lineart, and I never use guidelines so it always looks weird to me. CG at least there's a pattern I fall into.

(( ...n_n you hath more patience and lurve than me. Nyome can be mean at times XD but I understand wanting to stay at a place- we get attached. if you ever need someone to go in and shoo her out though.. wink Nyome's always here fer ya! heart *luffs* ))  

Nyome

tirbutt

Sparkling Sentai

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:50 pm
eh.... i was gunna say that im sorry for not being here yesterday cuz i slept till 12 and then had to clean my room/draw a picture for real life and then spent time with my best friend till 10am today... cuz she left for college and i thought that was more important.... (not that gaia isnt important in its own way but still....)

but it seems like i didnt really miss much! XD! ill be checking back to see when the new date will be...

and does anyone know if the theme will stay the same? i hope so... cuz i happen to like blood and gore and evilness... which i dont usually get to express enuf in my commissions....

Nyome
I find lineart HARDER than CG. CG is time-consuming, but in my case, I have to clean up my lineart, and I never use guidelines so it always looks weird to me. CG at least there's a pattern I fall into.
really??! 0_0 i almost exclusively do lineart and when i do color its always traditionally... im really bad at CG.... ok, that was a lie... im just too lazy to CG most of the time so i dont even know if im bad or not.... bleh...

Nyome
umm umm..*shuffles feet* well I'm used to hearing really high prices and bids and whatnot, so I guess to me 7-10K isn't really much. n_n;; I dunno, lots of artists are overcharging, some are undercharging..hardly find any that charge the right amount XD

Auctions get inside your brain and do evil EVIL THINGS! >_< *has become so corrupted after her art auctions* I used to charge 2-5K before auction.. n_n changed so much.

evil wish i had 7-10k... (is charging 1-2.4k.... thank god for tips...) hm....... exactly how were you corrupted by art auctions??0_0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:22 am
*hobbles in*

Gosh darnit! I missed all them youngins again. gonk  

Chibi Koji

Chibi Koji

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:29 am
*swallows a bucket full donuts and falls asleep*  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:57 am
Hello's to all. I am at my mother's for the weekend hence I got net to use ha.. I got a mail from Ryuu about this moving of the guild and stuff. Thank you Ryuu. I appreciate knowing about the move. Well from the looks of it this is a great place to be... very very organized and simple. Much easier *nods* I've been busy with my new job and living out there with no cable or internet.. domokun thats okay.. I'll be probably back to using gaia and neopet and others more next year.. it depends.. we'll see. My birthday was on August 1st (if you all care to know? ) I am getting ready to go to the state fair with my boyfriend for a bit and i"ll be back to read more stuff on Gaia.

Hello AD and Lang . eek Lang, a mod? Fweeeee whee

Hugs to all. have fun n.n;;  

Airce

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:32 am
Hey, everyone. I couldn't believe that Gaia was down ALL DAY for the Art Party. gonk Thanks for nothing, Lanzer. Lang and I will have to come up with a new date for the party soon. We'll let you know as soon as we've figured it out!

EVERYONE: PLEASE READ THE RULES AT THE TOP OF THE FORUM. I am not joking about this, so read them or risk having posts unceremoniously deleted without warning.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:23 am
I couldn't even get in here for 2 days... and a series of horribly unplanned events prevented me from even finishing my party piece so... blargh xd

I'll keep a heads up for the new date.  

Utsero

Sir Langley
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:26 am
ROOLZ!
I didn't think this would be necessary, but with all the new members as well as the new guild format, it looks like we'll need to lay down the law. If you are a regular and are highly insulted by this, keep walking. You know you aren't who I mean. heart

The Rules of GASOC
  • Do not create new threads unless it is pre-approved by AD or Lang. In most cases, there is no need for a new thread. If you have an idea for the guild, PM one of the guild leaders and we'll tell you whether or not you should create a new thread.
  • Don't spam. Spamming is posting with no real purpose or is not meant as conversation. This includes roleplaying. While we allow the occasional *action* usage, we don't condone posts soley for rping. Please take that to the Chatterbox.
  • If you post art for flattery, please do so in moderation. Yes, we appreciate art. We appreciate your art. We just don't want to appreciate it every five minutes. If you're particularly proud of something, have a piece that pertains to the guild or have drawn a guild member, feel free to post it in the Hangout. Otherwise, keep it on your hard drive.
  • Do not argue. If you ask for critiques, you will get them. If you hear an opinion you don't like, do not pollute our guild with anger. If you have something you'd like to say, a well-worded, well-thought-out rant is perfectly acceptable. Swearing and insulting other members is NOT. I don't care who you are or how long you've been at Gaia. Be polite or have your face smashed in.
  • Sir Langley and I have the final say.

Please don't let this frighten you off. Lang and I really do look out for our guild members. That's why there are rules. Don't take having your thread locked or post deleted too hard; we just like having things organized. whee

That's all for now. See you in the threads!

AD did not write those rules up for shits and giggles.
I didnt want to post them here, for fear of sounding like an even bigger Nazi, but if this is how people will see them, then here they are.

Please, PLEASE make note of those before posting. They are here to make things run more smoothly, and to keep this a friendly, happy environment.

It's for your own benefit that she put those rules up, so please respect them.
By following the 'guild guidelines' it shows us that you're being considerate towards the other members and it's founder.

We don't want to become Nazi Moderators here, but if people don't pay at least a little mind to the rules... Put lightly, it makes us sad. sad

I'd hate to see this guild's respectable nature go down because of something that could have been avoided.

So again, I ask people to please check out the rules. They're right at the top of the forum, or right here. (should you really feel the need to verify that they exist.)

Thanks for your time.
ninja

Airce > It's shocking, I know. xD

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:43 am
Mei_chan: Well, if you look in the forum of our guild, you will see a sticky called art party, that's where they will be held. ^___^

Nyome: I plan on having an auction really soon! n_n Maybe on Monday! =D For just basically a fullbody CG arts of their avvie. ^__^ Hopefully it'll be good. xd

I did a few sketchy CGs of late because I was too lazy for lineart, and I really liked them. I will try to do clean lineart again. e_e

puddingphobia: I hope the party theme stays the same too and is on a Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday! I'm so busy! @_@

Airce: Welcome back! <3

AD: Argh, I know! Gaia was down, but now it's back! =D And it seems much faster too!  

DarkishStar

Noob

6,775 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Airce

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:52 pm
Thanks Darkishstar x3

*sighs* you know what Lang and AD. alot of young people come on the internet because its a "diversity" way to not follow rules considering the fact they follow alot in real life and they seek internet as a break and they find it fun to lie, break rules, etc. I have grown tired of the chat rooms and roleplays because it has gone down the drain and I've stepped away but never will quit gaia or other game places because they are fun to do at times. I have followed the rules because i respect the clubs, groups, forums, etc. Also from my experience it is really tough to run. If those "rule breakers" set up a group or forum, they will realize. I am blabbing? x.x *stop it airce, shut up will you? " Ok..<.< i'm mean to myself xD yeah. i'm being a goof. heart don't you all love me whee

sweatdrop Ok ok i'll shut up bai smile I'm goign to clean up the house for my mom just to help her out be back later.

*hugs ad and lang* you two deserve that for hard working and tolerating some people (like me) ninja (the one who yak yaks on and on ) x3  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:11 pm
*walks into the hangout* mew! hita everyone!  

Mitsu Rezaragi

Mei_chan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:16 pm
The art party is gonna be here? o.o or is it gonna be on a new thread? crying sorry I just never been in any of those  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:40 pm
PuddingPhobia: first off, love love heart love heart your name XD

Gaia has a lotta spiffy people here, and it's really fun, but some stuff like your best friend well.. ^_~ totally understandable and I think most of us would've done the same.

O_O! I don't like to color traditionally. I don't know if it's just that I hate coloring, or that my scanner eats every picture I ever send to it for brunch. When I first started CG with a mouse it took me 30 minutes to color a red ball. n_n;;;;and I was TRYING my best too.

Tips are AWESOME. I make most of my profit from tips, enough to help me on my quest a bit, but enough to go crazy and donate to my friends or buy them gifts too. XD ultimately most of my items I get for my art gets lended to everyone I know~ it's not like I need more. *is very content with her outfit right now*

Before my art auction, I was well..modest. n_n;; and I didn't overcharge. then I held an auction cuz I thought it'd be fun to see how high my art could go for- hell I was thinking a HB of 7K was pretty damn spiffy. The OMG/AFk hat autobuys totally killed that notion. n-n and now, I consider myself pretty arrogant and expensive, and while that's not what I want to be, after the auction it's made it very hard to change. x_x I just try to seperate myself from my art as much as I can, and make sure I myself am still a decent -person- regardless of my art. Nobody wants to deal with a rude artist.

DarkishStar: monday? ._.;; meep. lots of homework then, but you've GOTTA PM me a link! I will go and glomp you and your bidders to DEATH! XD *has a special folder in her links for gaian art auctions*

ish gonna be awesome! biggrin I know you'll get like 50K HBs at the -VERY VERY least-

nu, if you really liked them, you should stick to it. 3nodding heart  

Nyome

Akahoshi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:11 pm
scream GOD DAMN ******** GAIA, GOD DAMN ******** COMPUTER, GOD DAMN ******** LIFE. *eye twitches*

Sorry for that but I've been having a shitty weekend, first Gaia is the suck so I couldn't get on, not that it would matter because my computer died and I had to reformat my 3 hard drives so my computer is at the bare minimum right now. So that was enough to make me want to kill someone, and I couldn't get confort from my girlfriend because ******** Walmart(her work) decided to make her work on saturday for 14 hours, and do inventory check s**t all day today so my weekend with her has been shot to s**t. Oh and did I mention the nail that I stepped on yesterday. GRRRR scream stressed scream

I should post stuff I drew friday but I'm to stressed and getting a scanner hooked and running is very low on my things to do to my computer. I have 25 more programs to install and then I have to try and get some anime, music, and movies back on me hard drive.

I'll reply to things later, once my computers happy again.

The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games