Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Lolita Society.

Back to Guilds

Tags: gothic lolita, japanese fashion, lolita 

Reply The Lolita Society.
What did you buy? thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

annai

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:07 pm
CJHeth
Dude as soon as I get a new job this thread is going to be flooded.

Sooo many things I needs.

Lol that's what happened when I got my last bonus check XD. Lol and it'll happen again in Dec. with my next one and in April when I finish working for H&R Block. So many checks for so many yummy items blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:40 pm
annai
CJHeth

Lol that's what happened when I got my last bonus check XD. Lol and it'll happen again in Dec. with my next one and in April when I finish working for H&R Block. So many checks for so many yummy items blaugh

Yeah I have about a billion tops that don't match the skirts I have now. I'm like "Dude totally need more skirts >_<".  

CJHeth

Devoted Entrepreneur

20,900 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Tycoon 200

boconnotto

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:24 am
alice - syndrome
@ boconnotto

gah! I LOVE that skirt!!! I wish my sewing was half that good, but alas I'm still in practice mode emo

It looks beautiful!

Thank you!
I just kinda wish that the colors were a bit less BAM on the skirt! But oh well. That fabric was inexpensive, and you get what you pay for right?

Also, just check around the EGL community on LJ. There are tons of tutorials in the memories for the sewing impaired [I'm definitely one of those, though I've improved in the past few months]. Makes it easy to make things.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:39 am
CJHeth
annai
CJHeth

Yeah I have about a billion tops that don't match the skirts I have now. I'm like "Dude totally need more skirts >_<".

I actually own two blouses one from Baby and the other from Meta, they match with all my clothes. What I want to buy is cutsews and skirts since I don't own any.  

annai

CJHeth

Devoted Entrepreneur

20,900 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:56 am
annai
CJHeth
annai
CJHeth

I actually own two blouses one from Baby and the other from Meta, they match with all my clothes. What I want to buy is cutsews and skirts since I don't own any.

I have a few blouses, and about a billion cutsews/t shirts. @_@ None of them are brand though. The only brand items I own are two pairs of socks, and a sweater cape.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:56 am
boconnotto
alice - syndrome
@ boconnotto

gah! I LOVE that skirt!!! I wish my sewing was half that good, but alas I'm still in practice mode emo

It looks beautiful!

Thank you!
I just kinda wish that the colors were a bit less BAM on the skirt! But oh well. That fabric was inexpensive, and you get what you pay for right?

Also, just check around the EGL community on LJ. There are tons of tutorials in the memories for the sewing impaired [I'm definitely one of those, though I've improved in the past few months]. Makes it easy to make things.

I have been using those, I'm about to sew the nightgown and a matching cap out of this pretty flannel, but I still need a lot of work with my sewing ^^;;

Times like this I wish i had let my mother teach me how to sew in 7th grade i_i  

alice - syndrome

annai

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:03 pm
CJHeth
annai
CJHeth
annai
CJHeth

I have a few blouses, and about a billion cutsews/t shirts. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. None of them are brand though. The only brand items I own are two pairs of socks, and a sweater cape.

I didn't have anything brand until my last paycheck where I got the 2 blouses, a cutsew jacket, three shoes, 3 parasols, 3 bags (including my adorable BTSBB Bunny Bag), 4 socks, 4 head pieces, 2 OPs, 2 Gosu Roris, 4 G&L Bibles, and 5 JSk's. My mom and boyfriend still have yet to find out about half that stuff XD  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:17 pm
alice - syndrome
boconnotto
alice - syndrome
@ boconnotto

It looks beautiful!

Thank you!

I have been using those, I'm about to sew the nightgown and a matching cap out of this pretty flannel, but I still need a lot of work with my sewing ^^;;

You could possibly sign up for lessons at a fabric store, then.
I know that Hancock Fabrics offers lessons on a weekly basis, you just have to sign up. They teach you a little bit of everything from what I understand. How to manage the fabric, how to lay out, use and sometimes even draft patterns.

You can find out if there are classes in your area or sign up here:

http://www.hancockfabrics.com/classes/

boconnotto

PearlZenith
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:50 pm
A pink IW blouse I bought last week arrived today. I had more money from my last paycheck than I had anticipated, so I decided to go ahead and add to my wardrobe. It's so pink, though, and I'm surprised it goes with anything else I own.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:56 pm
annai

I didn't have anything brand until my last paycheck where I got the 2 blouses, a cutsew jacket, three shoes, 3 parasols, 3 bags (including my adorable BTSBB Bunny Bag), 4 socks, 4 head pieces, 2 OPs, 2 Gosu Roris, 4 G&L Bibles, and 5 JSk's. My mom and boyfriend still have yet to find out about half that stuff XD

XDD  

CJHeth

Devoted Entrepreneur

20,900 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Tycoon 200

alice - syndrome

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:41 pm
boconnotto
alice - syndrome
boconnotto
alice - syndrome
@ boconnotto

It looks beautiful!

Thank you!

You could possibly sign up for lessons at a fabric store, then.
I know that Hancock Fabrics offers lessons on a weekly basis, you just have to sign up. They teach you a little bit of everything from what I understand. How to manage the fabric, how to lay out, use and sometimes even draft patterns.

You can find out if there are classes in your area or sign up here:

http://www.hancockfabrics.com/classes/

I appreciate the advice, but thankfully my mother is a really good seamstress, unfortionatly, she hates sewing and is constantly busy. Hopefully sometime in the near future I can make her sit down near me so I can pester her with questions as I sew
xD

we dont have Hancok's here, we have JoAnn's...

notice how fabric stores are possive?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:41 pm
Back home, there's both along with Hobby Lobby and Michaels.
Here ... we have WalMart. And if I drive about an hour and a half, a Hobby Lobby and Michaels.

boconnotto

alice - syndrome

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:17 am
boconnotto
Here ... we have WalMart. And if I drive about an hour and a half, a Hobby Lobby and Michaels.

ouch, thats harsh >< and I thought where I lived was sucky in terms of selection...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:07 am
I just got an email from D-Decker, and they're sending my Rocking Horse Ballerinas todaaaaaaayyyy!!!!!

+falls into a bottomless pit+

+and dies of starvation+

Miss Nicolette Strange

boconnotto

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:57 pm
alice - syndrome
boconnotto

ouch, thats harsh >< and I thought where I lived was sucky in terms of selection...

Sometimes, they have secret stashes of nicer fabrics [mostly bridal satins or heavier cotton twill solids] or trims [they get soft, nice cluny now and again--but it's sold by the spool rather than the bolt/yard, so if you are only able to buy a few yards [I think there's one-ish per spool?]and run out and they don't have more, you might be screwed for a few months].
Most often, it's very thin and oddly colored [like the rose stripe pattern I used for that skirt, it had to be lined so as not to be see-through].

The Lolita Society.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games