Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Lolita Society.

Back to Guilds

Tags: gothic lolita, japanese fashion, lolita 

Reply The Lolita Society.
Characters in the Lolita stage (Introduce yourself!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TAH ku

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:53 am
Name: TAH ku, ku for short.
Intersts: Anime/Manga, Cosplaying, Sewing/needlework, drawing/graphic art
A little about me:
Im really quiet and shy at first but after a while I'll talk nonstop sometimes. xD. I like to dream of big giant projects and then usually get 3/4 of the way done. ummm Im not good at explaining myself.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:19 pm
Name: Allison
Occupation: Student...but after i turn 18 i am going to try and get a job at the local Boraders Book Store...love that place..^^
Interests: Drawing, Music, Anime/Manga, Sewing/designing clothing and Video Games
About me:
I am extreamly shy in person...><...but every once in a while i will have rather large bursts of energy...lol...I am going to attend collage majoring in Art and after that i am going to fashion design and hopfully open my own boutique...and as one might guess...the boutiqe would be Lolita clothing and assecories..^^..yay
My favorite brands of Lolita are Baby the stars shine bright and Moi meme Moitie....^^
and my favorite video game is Kingdom Hearts...^^  

Cup o Spoilers

PearlZenith
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:32 pm
Whispilian
Hello everyone! I'm Whisp. (My preferred nickname at the moment. I'm not normally called by my real name, unless it's by family.)

First off, I should mention that I am very new to Lolita fashion and such. So if I ask a blatantly obvious question about Lolita, please forgive me. (I actually have one now. Is Lolita capitalized?)

I live in the Midwest of the USA, and I'm happily homeschooled.
I don't really have a job at the moment, but I do babysit.

I love history, art, music, lacy things, Hello Kitty, accents, fashion, folklore, children’s fairytales, reading, and researching whatever I happen to be interested in at the moment.
Being homeschooled gives me a lot of freedom to study what I like, and at the moment, I'm most interested in Lolita, attempting to cook (so far, I fail horridly.), trying to get my new sewing machine to work, and modern Japanese culture. (Manga, anime, Gackt, J Rock, trying to learn Japanese, Gackt, fashion, and Gackt. <3)

I'm a very openminded and curious person, so if I start to ask you too many questions, please, just tell me to shut up!
I'm also somewhat unhealthy at times, so there may be times when I'm not online for a few weeks. I hope this won't be too much trouble...?

Thank you so much for allowing me to join this guild. I hope I get to know everyone soon! ^^
Welcome! Go ahead and ask questions, but do make sure to browse the guild to make sure that there isn't already a thread around, on the first or second page that addresses your questions.

Lolita is capitalized, when referring to the fashion, or the lifestyle that some people follow.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:37 pm
Oh, thank you for answering my question so quickly! I'll make sure to read through all the threads before posting/asking too many questions.  

Whispilian

PearlZenith
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:53 pm
Nanie-chan
Pleased to meet you all, I'm Nanie.

I am almost seventeen years of age and live in a small town in the middle of nowhere. I am the only lolita in my town and one of the 2 anime fans in my school ((which is out of town a bit)). I have always loved Japan and different aspects of it. I just always have. It's not a love that just suddenly began one day, it always was for as long as I can remember.

I attend a Catholic private highschool though I am quite liberal in my thoughts and ideas. Not many other people in my school are as liberal or close to as liberal as myself.

For the longest time I was a tomboy, climbing trees and refusing to wear dresses. I then saw lolita. And I fell in love with it. I begged my Mommy to help me sew a dress and over the course of two months we sew my dress together. It is styled after a bodyline dress though is different in various ways from the bodyline dress. I am now in the process of sewing bloomers for my dress.

I have various hobbies and interests that include artwork (( http://nanie-chan.deviantart.com has a lot of my artwork on it)), forensics ((speech, not dead bodies, that's forensic)), playing flute, watching anime, reading manga, roleplaying, and Gaia. I probably forgot a bunch of stuff in that list but that's what getting to know me fills in.

I do hope to be a good, active, member, however, at the moment I do have some problems both personally and going on with my family and there will be times when I'm completely unable to get on for a few days. Forgive me, but my family is more important than my posts here.
Welcome!
Don't worry about being constantly active, even I, as a mod, have other commitments that take precendence over the guild. It's just more fun if people post often enough for others to remember who they are, but we all realize that the internet is not the most important thing in the world.

Be sure to show us pictures of what you've made. There's a thread in the 'Guide to making anything Lolita' subforum for finished things you've made, as well as things in progress.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:58 am
Name Megumi
Age 14 (15 in 2 months)
Occupation High School Student, Amateur Comic Artist, and FIRST Robotics. That's right. I build and drive robots.
MusicDir en Grey, An Cafe, Malice Mizer etc.
InterestsLolita, Anime, Manga, Robotics, J-rock etc.
About MeI'm a highschool student in a small town in Ontario (Canada) My current lolita status would be interested, I suppose, as I neither own nor have funds to own a dress yet...But I'm working on it. In my spare time, I draw comics, that's when I'm not too busy with FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) Robotics.  

Megumi Selwyn

Rikkuzia

Big Codger

9,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:56 pm
Name - Kati

Age - 15

Occupation - Student ^__^

Music - >__> EVERYTHING

Interests - Um... Umm... Drawing, sewing, dancing, lolita, gore...

More 'bout me - >__> I like... um... I get speechless. D: I have a loving boyfriend and... I like bunnies. >w<

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:54 pm
Name: Nekura ^^
Intersts: Anime/Manga, Cosplaying, Sewing, drawing/graphic art, Singing, dancing, Music, COmputer stuffs, Comic creating, Death note xD, JROCK!!....Lolita, creating my own things. Crafting.
A little about me:
I am fairly new to all this Lolita stuff ^^;; So forgive me if i seem stupid at times. I am learning.... I am fairly outgoing, and somewhat opinionated, so if i am a jerk to anyone, just tell me to be quiet. ^^;; I have a habbit of doing that sometimes..Forgive me. Also, im not uber feminine normally. But i love to be at times...

I like bunnies too....

Firenation Innara

Duriretlan

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:09 am
Name. Katie (I'm liking Possum at the moment for some reason)
Age. I'll tell my darling Lolita communities the truth (as I did with Livejournal); 16. I usually say 19 online though. Shh.
Occupation. I work in the deli at a supermarket casually, as I'm finishing year 12 for no good reason at the moment. Going into hairdressing later somewhat as a build-up and fall-back career, but while doing so I'm planning to better myself at sewing. I really want to be a seamstress. Sadly I haven't made one single thing! :C
About Me:
I used to be VERY shy, but since I started standing up for myself in school quite a few years ago I've sort of flourished over the attention I get for being different to the typical teenager you see in the streets of Australia. I have way too many dreams and don't seem to follow them very well. I want to do so many things... I'm going to fansub some things shortly and get into voice acting. I want to voice an animé character, but I don't want to go to America for it, so I need to get fluent in Japanese firstly; they don't do it professionally in Australia.
I wanna move to Japan one day with my beau. Japan is probably our tightest bond, and our reason for getting close in the first place. I cherish that fact dearly.

I'm VERY new to Lolita, but I'm getting used to it rather quickly. My wallet will never be the same size again, honestly, haha.

I'm friendly, unless you get me on a bad day... but the worst that will happen if you're not an idiot will be your message gets a little ignored for a while until I feel I can talk to people I don't know again. The most I talk online is usually forums. If I see threads I can reply to without spamming them all with useless crap, you'll see me around a bit! : D

I'm notorious for writing long-a** replies in forums. Watch out ninja  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:34 pm
konnichiwa minna san, watashi wa Chibi.

I'm learning japanese, I'm very stubborn sometimes, I'm quite most of the time (when I was in middle school a girl in my class thought I was mute until she saw me talking to my friend sweatdrop ), I like antiques, anime, manga, japanese music, computers, books, collecting anime pins and statues, Loli of course, pocky, ramune, sleeping, stuffed animals, keychains, poker, video games, animals, graphic art, photography, reading, puppets........too much for me to name right now........

I don't like eating with a fork, knife and spoon, (is it so weird to perfer chopsticks? everyone I know says it is - _ -''), cleaning my room, plants (they die when I go near them, really), beauty salons (they scare me), being the sheep/goat of the zodiac (why couldn't I be the rat), the annoying little blonde boy at my bus stop, scary movies, being yelled at, closets, needles, anything sharp, pointy and pointed in my direction, hospitals, curly hair (some people like it curly, I'm not one of them even though my hair is full and curly), mirrors (my house is mirrors EVERYWHERE you look, it's been that way all my life since I've never moved or traveled so it gets annoying), P.E., tests, I'll post the rest when I remember......................

I've liked the Loli style for years and even wore it when I was little without knowing it was Loli, now I'm getting back into but I never stopped liking it. I like all of the styles except Ero Loli. I'm not too fond of Shiro Loli but that's because I'm scared of ruining the outfit since I'm such a clutz sweatdrop , always dropping stuff, tripping, getting hurt, I guess I wouldn't have to try too hard to look Guro Loli would I? whee

My favorite Loli brands are BABY, the Stars Shine Bright, Metamorphose temps de fille and Angelic Pretty

my favorite Loli accessory is the mini top hat, so kawaii ^ _ ^

*~* Chibi Rat *~*  

Chibi Rat

Dedicated Bilge rat

15,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

TL-chan

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:28 am
Hi, I'm Tahni~ ^^ I'm fourteen. (though I'll be fifteen on the twenty-third! What fun) I... Still don't have a job, and my mom is like PROCRASTINATOR TO THE MAX so at this moment in time I have no loli clothes ; o; I'm just barely too fat in the tummy to fit Meta... Frustrating, no? >:  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:32 pm
Welcome, everyone. I'm sorry that I haven't been replying to intros; I'm pretty busy with work, and cleaning my house/room. In my case, cleaning involves not just organizing things, but using things up in order to reduce my fabric stash. I can't promise that I'll be less busy in the future, since I'm trying to get a new job, but I will do my best.

I always welcome pms from guild members, for whatever reason, so don't be shy if you have a question, or just want to chat.  

PearlZenith
Vice Captain

Princess Harmonia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:35 pm
Hmm... I don't think I ever did one of these, despite a membership months old.

Well, first off, I'm a secondary school student and I've been enchanted by Lolita fashion since I first saw it. It's gorgeous and it fits my personality. My "show-name" or at least the name that suits me best is Sophia, the beautiful Greek name for love of knowledge. As a lover of culture, fine arts, philosophy, and fashion, Sophia is the name of my soul and Lolita is one of the ways in which I can express these qualities of my personality and interests externally and openly.

Lolita is also a piece of the puzzle that composes me! I've always viewed it as a revival of Victorian ideals and fashion, all of which I've been drawn to since I was little; I am an old soul, and the beauty and grace of such times really should be restored! Lolita does just that for me.

I'm more drawn to Aristocrat, Classic Lolita, and Sweet Lolita because these are the two conflicting sides of my personality. I am (or at least try to be) kind, moderate, and well-mannered and the way in which I present myself casually is very innocent; innocence is the perception most people get from me at first sight and I really can be innocent but deeper inside behind that cheerful smile, I'm more calculating and solemn. But I can also find connection in other wings of Lolita lifestyle and fashion, such as Gothic Lolita which I adore because it brings out the darker more sensitive side of my soul.

I am strict when it comes to my values and extremely firm. I refuse to subject myself to any standard of life that is imposed on me, with which I am not in compliance, but I do it with some sort of elegance, gracefully and poised. I am also very taut with manners and comportance. You wouldn't catch me mouthing off angrily at someone who has insulted me or acted wrongly but you'd likely see me calmly responding and making my point or defense clear or I may not respond at all and walk off with a kind of light arrogance. This elegant side of me is also apparent in big social events in which I am required to be elevated and have no problem doing so, as it is a wonderful component in everyone, no matter how negative it is made to seem, arrogance and pride but in moderation.

Thus the sides of my soul, expressed in Lolita. Lolita is not the only fashion and lifestyle I am drawn to and employ to express myself. I create images for myself through other means as well. It's very varied because I am a really open and varied individual myself constantly changing and undergoing metamorphasis with the times and with the positions I develop over time.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:05 pm
Welcome!

Better late than never, Princess Harmonia. Sometimes, with guilds, it's easier to browse the guild for a while before posting information about yourself. Are you interested in NeoVictorianism, by any chance? I myself am most drawn to the Victorian aspects of lolita clothing and the vestiges of ettiquette and purity. Sophia is a very beautiful name.  

PearlZenith
Vice Captain

Miss Tarantula

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:48 pm
Umm hello. *bows* I'm 15 and I was born on the anniversary of the day the Japanese bombed the US. confused I love the visual kei, EGL& EGA fashion. I love music& myspace. I love anime& mangas. I read and draw in my spare time. I'm shy at first and quiet most of the time. Thank you for reading about me. smile  
The Lolita Society.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games