Welcome to Gaia! ::

-=|The Literate Yuri and Shoujo-ai Guild|=-

Back to Guilds

Tags: Yuri, Shoujo-Ai, Role playing, Literate 

Reply The Graveyard
[Misc] Introduce yourself! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sterling Rogue

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:14 am
Hello guild. I'm Carmel and I live in western washington. You can call me any derivative of my name or rogue or sterling. Um, I havn't done a lot of role-playing, but it looks like a lot of fun.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:17 am
Aenakume
HalfFool
Samantha McGill
Dating sims are immensely hit-or-miss, so yours is a firm "I really don't know how it'll turn out, but I'm not getting my hopes up," from me.

Well, taking my cue from dice, I make no guarantees. Still, there are well over ten people in this world who play games like that, and if we take it to an anime convention or two, we'll end up pretty close to our target audience. By the way, it's non-h, and players will be able to choose a male or female character. So, hey, if it gets finished, I'll have some unique bragging rights.
And I appreciate your respect for my machismo. It's... *sniff* really touching, you know? *sob* M-maybe I'll... bring him *sniff* in to meet you. He's really a-- a nice guy. *weep*

Ha ha, i never played an english dating sim, and i assume this will be en anglais. So i'm curious. What are you usin to make it? Like, i know C++, but what GUI API? i hope not Win32API.

Well, technically, I am, but I'm using DirectDraw for the graphics ('Sright! Makin' 2D fun again, beeyatch!). It makes transparency a little easier. It's not tremendously difficult either way, really. There's very little real-time processing of anything, so DirectX's superior speed isn't really an issue. Now, if you're talking about OpenGL or something, eh... *shrug* We can always port it later. sweatdrop  

HalfFool

Samantha McGill

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:32 am
HalfFool
'Sright! Makin' 2D fun again, beeyatch!

Did I miss something? When did 2D stop being fun?

And welcome to our little corner of the internet, Carmel.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:59 am
HalfFool
Aenakume
HalfFool
Samantha McGill
Dating sims are immensely hit-or-miss, so yours is a firm "I really don't know how it'll turn out, but I'm not getting my hopes up," from me.

Well, taking my cue from dice, I make no guarantees. Still, there are well over ten people in this world who play games like that, and if we take it to an anime convention or two, we'll end up pretty close to our target audience. By the way, it's non-h, and players will be able to choose a male or female character. So, hey, if it gets finished, I'll have some unique bragging rights.
And I appreciate your respect for my machismo. It's... *sniff* really touching, you know? *sob* M-maybe I'll... bring him *sniff* in to meet you. He's really a-- a nice guy. *weep*

Ha ha, i never played an english dating sim, and i assume this will be en anglais. So i'm curious. What are you usin to make it? Like, i know C++, but what GUI API? i hope not Win32API.

Well, technically, I am, but I'm using DirectDraw for the graphics ('Sright! Makin' 2D fun again, beeyatch!). It makes transparency a little easier. It's not tremendously difficult either way, really. There's very little real-time processing of anything, so DirectX's superior speed isn't really an issue. Now, if you're talking about OpenGL or something, eh... *shrug* We can always port it later. sweatdrop

aw, poop. i won't be able to try it then.  

Aenakume

HalfFool

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:23 pm
Awww... I don't think it would be too hard to find resources on OpenGL, really. Heck, I teach game design at a summer camp. It's not gonna be that hard to find the information. I really do want to make it available, though. (Hey, my artist said that the game should be enjoyable for any sexual orientation... Why not make it a little more platform-friendly too?)

And Samantha, I'm just referring to the fact that major designers don't produce 2D games on high-end platforms anymore. I hear ya, though smile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:53 pm
HalfFool
Awww... I don't think it would be too hard to find resources on OpenGL, really. Heck, I teach game design at a summer camp. It's not gonna be that hard to find the information. I really do want to make it available, though. (Hey, my artist said that the game should be enjoyable for any sexual orientation... Why not make it a little more platform-friendly too?)

And Samantha, I'm just referring to the fact that major designers don't produce 2D games on high-end platforms anymore. I hear ya, though smile

even when i wrote mostly for windows, i always found opengl to be *way* easier than direct3d. course, that was back in the bad old days before directx 8, when they started makin it look more like opengl and openal.

directx wouldn't be your only challenge for portability tho. win32api is also totally unportable. depending on how much you written already, it might be too late to bother with portability.  

Aenakume

HalfFool

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:56 am
Aenakume
HalfFool

even when i wrote mostly for windows, i always found opengl to be *way* easier than direct3d. course, that was back in the bad old days before directx 8, when they started makin it look more like opengl and openal.

directx wouldn't be your only challenge for portability tho. win32api is also totally unportable. depending on how much you written already, it might be too late to bother with portability.

There's really hardly anything to write. I mean, you slap a character sprite in front of a background and draw the text. Everything else is 100% portable. Of course, I can't speak too much for Linux, because in the brief stint I had with it, I checked out Tcl+Tk and found that the only way to use those for graphics was to paste the contents of the image file into the code... As a programmer I must say that I denounce that as uncool. (I honestly don't know anything about programming for any other OS.)

Anyway, I DO have Debian on my machine right now, but there's no XWin interface of any kind attached to it, and seeing as how no me gusta el "programming without an IDE," I guess I'll have to wait for somebody who knows how to use a computer to help me get it set up xp  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:08 pm
So as I was saying, DirectDraw's my stock in trade. It does transparency and-- yeah, I'm the dating sim programmer. This is my main avatar, so I'll be starting to put some more interesting stuff in here. I was thinking about starting an RP, so what the hey, I think I'll put the announcement on a new thread. A haunted-house-based, shoujo-ai-oriented RP. See if it livens things up 'round here.

Continuing the introduction... yeah, as far as role-playing is concerned, I'll readily play female characters, though I'll definitely lend a male if somebody really feels they need a realistic portrayal : ) I'm big on the romance aspects of shoujo-ai. Hobbies include martial arts, theater (esp. Shakespeare and Chekhov), anime, gaming, writing poems in German, and singing foreign language rock lyrics.  

Madgibs

IntrospectiveLoser

Dapper Noob

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:03 am
Hello every one. My nickname for Gaia is "Intro". I'm fourteen years old, and a teen ager in just about every respect. A little bit insane, way too self conscious, and filled to the brim with mood swing causing hormones.
So if start to annoy you, just kinda shove me into a corner for a little while until I shut up. razz

Erm. What else? I've never been good at introductions.

Never mind. [/fail]

If you'd like to know more about me just talk to me.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:17 am
Fourteen and already you understand the value of grammar. My little cousin's fourteen, and she's a clever girl, but when she gets on the internet, she's incapable of anything more insightful than "ORLY?"

But age really is just a number, especially on the internet. Greetings and welcome, Intro.  

Samantha McGill

IntrospectiveLoser

Dapper Noob

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:06 am
Personally, I think that if you speak English, you should be able to write it as well. I'm just old fashioned I guess. Believing in education and the proper use of it, when most of my peers don't really seem to care. It just doesn't make sense to me why you should butcher your writing, just because you are online. I usually use it as practice. *Currently studying grammar.*

---

But I could get into a big, fat debate about all of that. I'm a bit uptight when it comes to the topic of people my age, and of course, education.
Its just frustrating to be constantly told you cannot do things because you are a certain age. Or worse, be discriminated against based on your peers.

I'm happy that here, age really is just a number and I won't constantly have to put up a fight just to be equal to ever one else...

--

Its nice to meet you. *Shakes hand.*
Do you have a certain name you'd like to be called?

(P.S I only use ** when talking in forums as myself, as its first person and with out quotations, and the ** keep actions sorted and out of the way. I know better then to do that in an actual role play.)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:44 pm
*Opts not to use the bone crusher hand shake.*

There are worse crimes than to use asterisk notation in an RP. I'd rather see asterisk notation than, say, a complete lack of capitalization, or little to no punctuation. Asterisk notation is ideal for random silliness, though.

*Does some random silly thing in approval of asterisks.*

Really, in the vast wasteland of the net, we can't afford to discriminate when we find someone competent.  

Samantha McGill

IntrospectiveLoser

Dapper Noob

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:51 pm
*Opts for the same graciousness*

Oh yes, there are greater crimes. But, I'd rather not be accused of any crimes, no matter what their potency is. In fact, its the last thing I want to do.
This is the first truly literate guild I've ever been in, and I'd like to be in it more then one day.
You know? Better to be clear and make a good impression then to be turned out on a mistake.

*Whoo!~ Random Silliness!*

I'm flattered and pleased to have gained said approval. You wouldn't believe how many people have shunned in the past simply because of my "numbers".
confused

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:41 pm
Hey, I've been sorta approved of too! *Approves by association*
Well met, fellow English-speaker! Wie geht es ihnen? blaugh By the way, don't worry about those numbers of which you speak. I myself have a three-digit figure tattooed on my scalp somewhere, and everybody gets all weird when they see it, but thus far I've heard no specific complaints, so I think I'm safe! Oh yeah, and I'm also shamelessly plugging my Haunted House RP found in the Guild Forum, so if you want to get in on something, that's coming soon. (I'm sure other stuff is happening too...)  

Madgibs

Samantha McGill

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:26 pm
Wait, stuff happens?! That is so cool!  
The Graveyard

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items