Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Back to Guilds

Reply The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition
The Hangout....where sanity is overrated. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DarkishStar

Noob

6,775 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:40 pm
No!!! I go back to school on September 10th. gonk Three more weeks to do an essay, pack of maps, postcard, and a model. >.>;;; And I have to take notes on two books. I already read 2 books and did 200 math problems for other homework. o.o;; Anyone else have a bunch of homework over the summer like I did? gonk

Nyome: I thought the same thing too, that's why I actually decided to do the quest for real, then I would work off my wishlist. ^^;; And I didn't accept her offer at the time. ^^;

And Artist Alley is really cool! You set up a booth and all, and sell your prints, or you can take commissions right then and there and draw them for people! =D The atmosphere was really nice too, all nice, quiet, cool, and such nice people. The artists there are really nice and will answer your questions! xd

puddingphobia: I saw your art in the peer critique, and I think it's really beautiful. ^^ If you do stop taking commissions, you can start drawing more things for yourself. ^.~

My art does that to me too. I'll be done, and then admire it for awhile, even for a long time, but then it starts eating away at me and my skills, and I'll be like "NO! Get it away!!!! O_O"

AD: Now if I couldn't make this one, I would kill myself because I love gory, evil, bloody things. ^^;; Daggers... Mmmmmmmmm twisted  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:28 am
Iyou-Woot! Glad you had fun. The night I went camping there were flash flood warnings and a predicted 3-4 inches of rain... and we got the rain... and we still went camping... Haha. The lentue that was supposed to be there was broken down and things were reallly reeeeaaaaalllly wet the whole night. I got home the next day and put on dry close and was amazed at how they felt. "This is what dry clothes feel like?" My entire body was pruned >.
I'm actually looking forward to going to college ^^. Mine starts the 27th... But I havn't started packing anything to move yet...  

Utsero

ami_uzuki

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:16 am
hi everyone whee i love the place heart
its good to have place to hang on
im no artist but my sister is lol
humm i admire everyone that is in this guild your art is the best
*hugs*
take care  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:47 am
stressed *Beats Gaia* It ate the post I made last night and it was big to, the short version.

Bad luck gone, Katie doesn't work till thursday afternoon, make Katie's friends, played poker with said friends yesterday for 8 hours (play for poker chip, then candy, and finally it turned into strip poker biggrin ), having sleepover till thursday and finally having lots of fun.

Deuxia - your school schedule is crazy.

Iyou - Welcome back glad you had fun camping.

AD - To bad about your peircing, and yes the rules let all stick to the rules.

DarkishStar - Yes, it's not an art party with out the sex appeal. And since 2/3 of the guild members are female, it's easy to have look of sex appeal. xd

strongy - Thank you, it's great to meet the nice people of gaia.

Ok 1 more hour and I'm lake bound, seadoos, water skiing, swimming and just lounging about. whee

Later heart heart

Akahoshi

tirbutt

Sparkling Sentai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:02 am
Utsero:
woa... we got rain too... but only our portion of the tent got wet... the rest of the people in the tent thought we were delusional... sweatdrop and glad to hear that you had a firestarter wit you XD!

my college orientation starts 26th and im leaving 24th and i havent started packing either....

DarkishStar:
wow you have a lot of work to do... 0_0 eh... i remember that i had about that much last year but i just never bothered to do it xd

mmmmm me loves gory evil things too!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:21 am
Akahoshi: Of course. xd And I'm going to add to it too by going to it as well. xd I want to try water skiing! gonk I probably never will.

strongy: Thanks a lot. ^^ Nice to meet you.

puddingphobia: Well, if I don't do it, I start the year with an F, and that's not a good thing. e_e;;;  

DarkishStar

Noob

6,775 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Deuxia Devonair

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:49 am
Hello again!

I'm just dying to get some sleep.... I have to wake up at 5:00 am, get ready in an hour and then rush to college. @__@ Just my luck that is only 10 mins. away from home in car. xd

Oh, I'm having some serious problems at my art shop, my colorist is gone... He hasn't showed his face for weeks, and I'm awfully delayed! I don't want that my commissioners think I'm trying to scam them! gonk

Someone made a suggestion that I should held a contest looking for a new colorist, but I find that rather unfair... sad Should I give them their money back? I already made the outlines of some... and I have only 2k because I have not been posting lately and I spent the money before, and paid my colorist, too.. @___@ What should I do?

Goooossshhh.... stressed sweatdrop crying

In college, things are great, the subjects are very interesting! whee I'm finding that financial subjects can be very very useful! whee heart domokun wink

I'm listening to a trance song I got at DA from one of my stalked artists ninja I'm discovering so many things! I'm trying to go from my cute, bright style to a more dark, gory, bloody style. Any suggestions? wink redface

BTW... Thanks everyone for just.. being here! crying  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:28 am
Deuxia: advice on the shop? Pay more attention in your financial classes? eheh, bad joke sweatdrop

I don't accept trades until I've got the piece done. Just in case I change my mind in either doing it or something like your situation happens. safer that way. Don't know how to reverse the damage. Time heals all wounds anyways o_@

advice on the art? Don't make it pretty? Heheh. Be bold and look at alot of different artists (you should anyways). You'll find bits and pieces of things you like and put them together to make your own  

Utsero

Songjewel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:32 am
Okay, there's a whole lot of pages and a few new people since I left...I read some of it but got tired so I skipped the last 5 pages or so...

I'm assuming the Art party is moved, due to Gaia-movingness?

Oh yeah...Hi! I'm back and all! xd

...and single again. stare There are upsides and downsides to this. I find myself staring at random people.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:29 pm
Songjewel:
STOP STARING AT ME! i dont have anything on my face! honest! j/k xd hello to you too...

Deuxia Devonair
sorry to hear about your art shop problems...... i suppose you should just explain the situation to the commissioners and give them a choice of their money back or a different colorist... im sorry to hear that your colorist already got paid...

hm....... that's kinda ironic about your style... i usually have a dark and bloody style but i pop out with a sickeningly cute piece once in a while..... especially lately with my gaian commissions.... i think its cuz the avas are cute and its hard to get away from that when im trying to draw them...

DarkishStar true true.... but F's can be brought up xd  

tirbutt

Sparkling Sentai

axel

Angelic Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:48 pm
darkishstar: you lucky pluck. gonk

pudding: senior in high school. ^_^;  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:55 pm
YAY! Break!!! xd

Utsero> That's the best way with the trades, now I know how I can handle it.. Shame on me! More than 50 commisions delivered and this happens... xp

SJ> I just hope you are alright. If not, you have here pals to get over it, me included. whee xd

Pudding> I guess that too much commissions in gaia are ruining my originality, then xd I just NEED to draw something dark!!!! crying BTW.. I just LOVE your name! whee heart domokun xd  

Deuxia Devonair

Nyome

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:32 pm
Puddingphobia: XD it was -completely- random to me. and I guess my DA would be decent, but I honestly didn't know people actually CLICKED on the link. xd

ninja I have a drawer with a lock full of old art that i never wanna see again.

DarkishStar: 3nodding hai hai~~ and there's other reasons, but let's stick with the logistal/facts part of it all. No need to get really into it.

^^;; I suck at drawing in front of people. I just put down my pencil and refuse to draw until they go away @_@ makes me nervous and then I screw up something I know I can do.

Deuxia Devonair: >_> how EVIL! *pat pat* how long've you known this colorist? x_x

as for your customers, i'm sure they'll understand your problem and give you some time, or just kindly ask for their gold back. you could try yourself or getting some friends to color some of the lineart you already drew for now, as a temporary thing >_< it's a toughie in any case~~
Random: a lotta people are in college. o_o  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:06 pm
*meeps* Hello I'm back and my a** hurts like hell, stupid water skiing. I fell down 20 times and always on my a**, and by the time I got the hang of it we ran out of gas for the boat. But the seadoos and lounging was super fun. The best part was when some guys from a neighboring camp came over thinking they could pick us up, (seeing as how 8 girls all some form of being gay, all couples, all not interested in them) but playing with them was the things boys will do for girls. We're all going back to the camp to spend the night and I have a laptop and a cell I can use to hook up to the net so I may post while I'm there.

DarkishStar - Water hurts when you fall going really fast, but it has it's fun points to.

Songjewel - Welcome back, I missed ya. I also have your swap pic done, but I haven't rescanned it yet so I'm afriad you'll have to was till I reinstall the scanner software on my computer. Sorry sweatdrop

And being single not so bad I was single for about 3 years before Katie came along. You'll be fine and you can always b***h about stuff here with us or at least me. biggrin

Deuxia - Sucks about your colorist going M.I.A, really wish I could help you more, but my coloring probably isn't as good. But I'm here for ya. 3nodding

Well off to get the pizza and the alcohol, partying tonight and breaking my no drinking pact. And then theres more strip poker which will be tons more fun with alcohol in us.

Later everyone heart heart

Akahoshi

tirbutt

Sparkling Sentai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:18 pm
lol @ Akahoshi...... that's great... ive gotta try water skiing some time... have fun tonite! (makes me wish i had a life... meh.)

Nyome
lol..... mebbe its just me but i like to click on random links, especially DAs... i have a bad tendancy to watch everyone and everything that moves on DA... i think my watch list is currently 400 pple long... sweatdrop

are you in college?

Deuxia Devonair
yeah..... most of my gaian commissions just lack that dark-bloodiness... and i love my name too ^_^ its a joke between me and my friends (we all have odd fears... butterflies... tulips... anthills.................. pudding and such)

axel oh ok. if your a senior in high school, dont worry about it too much...... junior year was the real killer if you're considering college... the first half of senior year is a bit hectic with all the applications and such but you can pretty much slack off during the second half.... unless ur like me and just slack off th whole time xd  
The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games