Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Lolita Society.

Back to Guilds

Tags: gothic lolita, japanese fashion, lolita 

Reply The Lolita Society.
Characters in the Lolita stage (Introduce yourself!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PearlZenith
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:45 pm
Welcome, Miss Tarantula. I hope you'll feel at home in the guild, and not be too afaid to post.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:49 pm
User Image

Name: I'd prefer to be addressed as Lolli.

Likes: Music, pandas, art of any type, Miyavi, Lolita (of course), peacocks, tea, cooking, learning new languages, ramen, Gaia, colourful things, cute things, blue, Japan, Korea, and more.

Dislikes: Meanies, crudeness, chatspeak, myspace, fighting, the controversy of politics and religion, and a few other things.

Eh... hello~

I tend to be very quiet, unless I find a subject that lights me up and intrests me. Most of the time I post short comments, or I "lurk", as somepeople like to call. I personally find that term somewhat creepy. ^^; I ramble a lot when I get nervous, so you can always tell.
Uhm~~ My favourite types of loli are sweet loli, wa-loli, and shiro loli. I sometimes wear gothic loli though. For the time being, since I am only a student, I have very, very few lolita clothes. (I'm kind of broke~ *sweatdrop* So... very, very few= NONE.)
But~! On a less depressing note, I plan to find a job the moment I am of age. Then I will be able to afford real lolita, instead of bodyline.

Ah, you see~~~ I told you I ramble when I get nervous. ^^;
Thank you very much for reading about me~!!

~`~ Lolli ~`~

User Image

Lolita Panda

PearlZenith
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:08 pm
Welcome, Lolli. I hope you have fun in this guild, and feel free to pm me if you have any questions or problems. ^___^  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:17 pm
User Image

Oh~
You're the one who accepted me...
*bows*
Thank you very much!

User Image

Lolita Panda

[Ashes][is][Ashes]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:37 am
Hello! My name is Ashleigh, or Ashes, whichever you prefer.

Occupation: Currently looking for a job, otherwise an art student.

Interests: novels, manga, anime, visual art, dance.

About me: I am an extremely curious person. If something interests me, I'll research it on my own. Lolita is one of those subjects that I've recently discovered, and I'd like to know more about it, so I joined this guild.

I'm looking forward to college, and a possible career as an artist, commercial or other. I have a boyfriend, and a kitten, both of whom I love very, very much.

I can't really think of much else right now, so...just ask! =]  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:08 pm
Welcome, Ashes. I love researching lolita, especially scouring the internet for photos and inspiration. If you don't already know about it, there's a wonderful site full of scans and links. http://www.avangauche.co.uk

I hope this guild will further your knowledge.  

PearlZenith
Vice Captain

Princess Harmonia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:51 am
PearlZenith
Welcome!

Better late than never, Princess Harmonia. Sometimes, with guilds, it's easier to browse the guild for a while before posting information about yourself. Are you interested in NeoVictorianism, by any chance? I myself am most drawn to the Victorian aspects of lolita clothing and the vestiges of ettiquette and purity. Sophia is a very beautiful name.

Indeed. This actually happens quite often with me and guilds.

I am very interested in NeoVictorianism. I love most anything Victorian or drawn from Victorian life and fashion. Those aspects you mentioned about Lolita clothing and lifestyle are very dear to me as well. I find myself quite drawn to the Victorian fashion and exhault qualities such as purity and ettiquette, which to me are almost like morals and convictions; they are extremely important.

Please excuse my delayed reply. I haven´t had very much internet access since I recently arrived here in Europe for a few courses I´m taking this summer. I only managed to receive my wireless internet from the school today on my laptop.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:13 pm
Princess Harmonia
PearlZenith
Welcome!

Better late than never, Princess Harmonia. Sometimes, with guilds, it's easier to browse the guild for a while before posting information about yourself. Are you interested in NeoVictorianism, by any chance? I myself am most drawn to the Victorian aspects of lolita clothing and the vestiges of ettiquette and purity. Sophia is a very beautiful name.

I am very interested in NeoVictorianism. I love most anything Victorian or drawn from Victorian life and fashion. Those aspects you mentioned about Lolita clothing and lifestyle are very dear to me as well. I find myself quite drawn to the Victorian fashion and exhault qualities such as purity and ettiquette, which to me are almost like morals and convictions; they are extremely important.

Please excuse my delayed reply. I haven´t had very much internet access since I recently arrived here in Europe for a few courses I´m taking this summer. I only managed to receive my wireless internet from the school today on my laptop.
Of course I don't mind. There are many things in life more important than the internet, and I myself was away for a few days last week, and had to then catch up on emails and such.

The more I learn about the Victorian age, the more it saddens me to realize how much we have let go of, not only in morals and ettiquette, but also in terms of beauty and craftsmanship, and how little we value people's efforts today. Everybody must be 'the best' at something, it seems today, rather than being a good human being.  

PearlZenith
Vice Captain

Nanami.x.Yuki

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:21 pm
Name: Nanami
About me: I play the piano, draw, and read in my spare time. I love bunnies, cake, tea and cookies. Hmmmm, I plan on owning a huge old Victorian mansion.
Dislikes: hot weather, people who go through my stuff, bullies.
Oh, and i hope you shall become my friend mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:00 am
name. alyce

occupation. i sell handpainted shoes to a local artists and preloved clothing store along with some other odd art jobs 3nodding

interests. lolita (i myself prefer classic lolita) tea, sewing (alot!) and i love costumes so events like animeiowa i ALWAYS attend (and no im not into cosplay lolita) i adore fashion design and am currently working towards the goal of fashion designer (like everyone else in the world it seems o.x ) my pieces tend to have victorian influences and i really love dresses. im a huge fan of ebay and buy alot of cute import dresses and also completely useless things (i once bought a bag of one thousand ping-pong balls just because.) I often shop at thrift stores because of the awesome vintage finds which i can generally alter into something really fantastic, plus its cost effective (quarter day anyone?) uh what else...oh yes i adore drawing and all things art and if you were to click that little www link by my avvie you could go see all my things on deviantart (though i have yet to post any of my textile work) and if you were to click that link in my signature you could go see my comission shop...and i do lolita comissions (in fact it was a member here by the name of fiaria that i was doing a lolita comission for that referred me here)oh right i guess im a potter by blood but im really just not as into it as other things (which is a bit ironic considering ive got part time during the summer working in a pottery shop....) uh well lets see...im pretty sure thats all.

well hello everyone~!  

The Perilous Popsicle

6,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100

PearlZenith
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:30 pm
Welcome, Nanami.

You sound like a friendly person, so I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding people to befriend you. Victorian mansions are beautiful; make sure you're prepared with money, or time to fix it up, and keep it in good repair.

Welcome, Alyce.

I've bought useless things because they were neat, too, such as a bag of german doll eyes. Also, when I'm setting up still lifes to photograph, it's good to have bunches of things around to play with. Thrift stores are wonderful for not only clothes, but pretty dishes, mirrors, boxes, etc. It's amazing what you find there, if you go regularly. I've found some useful patterns, too.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:54 pm
PearlZenith
Princess Harmonia
PearlZenith
Welcome!

Of course I don't mind. There are many things in life more important than the internet, and I myself was away for a few days last week, and had to then catch up on emails and such.

The more I learn about the Victorian age, the more it saddens me to realize how much we have let go of, not only in morals and ettiquette, but also in terms of beauty and craftsmanship, and how little we value people's efforts today. Everybody must be 'the best' at something, it seems today, rather than being a good human being.

I agree whole-heartedly. We've let go of too much and it is unfortunate.  

Princess Harmonia

forever a w a k e

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:17 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
'ello everybody. ^w^ Let's see, what can I tell you about moi....

Name: My username is forever a w a k e, but people generally address me anyway they please. Original nicknames are adored, but if you want something set in stone to call me, you can call me Cadence.

Gender: One hundred percent female, and loving everything about it.

Age: Sour sixteen. Don't worry, I'm more mature then people perceive me as, so don't tie me to my age.

Occupation: I work at the local ice cream "parlor" as a part time job to rack in some green paper. I love everything about it, except the occasional customer that is rude, and doesn't deserve that chocolate chip ice cream cone. =[

Favorite Lolita Style: It would hurt me to choose between any of them, because I adore them all. But if I had to pick some of my favorites, I'd be more leaning towards the sweet/sailor or classic looks. I'd still wear any style though, any time. ^w^

Interests: I like many different things, and sometimes described by friends as having multiple personalities because of my wide variety of interests. Here are some things I like:
♥ Music ( any kind, from classical to heavy metal. I don't care. )
♥ Art
♥ Photography
♥ Tea Parties
♥ Collecting Stuffed Animals
♥ Architecture
♥ History
♥ Japan
♥ Croquet, Fencing, and Tennis.
♥ Chess
♥ Role Playing
♥ Animals ( generally small critters such as rabbits, hamsters, mice, or guinea pigs. )
♥ Cameos ( on jewelry or as a photoshop thingy. I collect them. )
♥ Reading. ( I am a reading FANATIC. There isn't a piece of printed paper safe from my grasp. I'm willing to discuss all kinds of books, genres, mangas, etc. )

My personality is generally sweet and happy, but I am known for my sarcastic pessimistic moments, when you should just stay away from me. Otherwise, I try my best to make people laugh and genuinely enjoy my company. I've been recovering from depression, pills and all, so I'm just looking for social interaction or "something" to fill my time, but not be a waste. I love to just idly chat, so please PM me if you feel like talking, need some advice, or want to see if I'm interested in something. ( Thread/Petition/Shop/Website.) I'm a creature who just loves to help people, and I'm fairly open. ( Please keep in mind it took me forever to get this way, I'm not looking for a pity party, but I want people to know where I come from if they want to get to know me. )

Thank-you, Best of Wishes, Hugs and Kisses,
forever a w a k e/ Cadence

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:47 pm
Welcome, Cadence. I'll probably call you 'Awake' or something short. I hope you don't mind.

There are people of many ages in this guild, so I don't think you'll run into many problems there, but if you do have any questions, or just want to chat, you're welcome to send me a pm.  

PearlZenith
Vice Captain

forever a w a k e

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:17 pm
♥forever______xxxxxxxxx

Thank-you, it's a pleasure to be here. ^-^ -curtsies- No, I don't mind that at all, but thanks for checking. =3

That sounds good, I'm always used to being the youngest in Lolita communities. >.<

And I just might. But I warn you, I can be pretty curious and pelt people with questions. x3 Tell me if I ever overdo it.

xxxxxxxxx______a w a k e♥

The Lolita Society.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games