Reply Philosophy Threads
label yourself Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Necera

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:22 pm
I've tried to think of just one word to label myself with... but I can't. I'll make it three.

I am a Realist.
Yet I am a Dreamer.
I try to recognize reality and what is truly sensible,
yet my imagination constantly dictates my ideas.

I am an Adventurer.
I seek answers
and questions,
knoweledge and sights..
I try to live as much as possible..
and solve the science of it.

(b.t.w. HeLLLO!!! It's been a while.. busyness got in the way. I hope you all are well. smile )  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:30 pm
They call me the working man. I guess that's what I am.

Sacrafice=reward.

Yes we all know that was a quote from rush, you don' t have to post it.  

27x
Crew

seems to be

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:47 pm
It's sad but I can't step outside of myself and label myself.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:02 am
seems to be

it's the same for me. label is something you may put on yourself but the truth is only the ones outside of you can label you. Little as I know I'm labeled as a lazy person, with a lot of reasons to laugh xd  

Raticiel

AbrAbraxas
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:14 am
Raticiel
seems to be

it's the same for me. label is something you may put on yourself but the truth is only the ones outside of you can label you. Little as I know I'm labeled as a lazy person, with a lot of reasons to laugh xd

do consumers put labels on products? no, the maker does. whether you know it or not you are the one who forms the impressions that others have of you. if you come into a room and know not what or who you are, like a can without a label, then someone will decide for you based on what they can observe and their past experience. if all of the unlabeled cans that they have encountered have been spoiled food then they may label you spoiled food, or if you are transparent like a glass jar or bottle they may label you based on assumptions made in relation to the color of your contents.
i think that it is a reasonable practice to step outside yourself and objectively know what your contents are. perhaps then if someone tries to mislabel you, you can stand up and say "i am not that", whether in words or behavior. there is no need to go around tell people who or what you are but there is great value in knowing for yourself. now this thread isnt terribly serious, its intention no doubt is to think about what we think ourselves to be. i am truly halfway to your stance and at one point in my life would have shouted "Don't label me!" and still would prefer not to be labeled by those who know me not. and also i think that there can be no label that clearly defines any person, but i am not speaking of a definition i am speaking of patterns of behavior, do you know how you appear, to yourself or to others. because the label is not a representative of you but how you could be seen, how do you see yourself? or do you not look for fear of what might be found?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:31 pm
I take back the last too posts I said, considering I have changed alot withing the past few months.

I am a good friend, but not a boyfriend.

I am doer but not a sayer.

I am an old soul, but not a particularly experienced one.

I am a thinker, but not a smirf.

I am a kind person, but not a particularly optimistic person.

Neither am I pecimistic.

I am a watcher, but I am not fond of enteraction.

I love, but I am not in love.

I do, but am not seen doing.

I prefer to do things alone, or in the dark, when noone is there to question my actions, yet I don't usually preform deeds of mischief.

I plan, but never act unless twards an unplanned event.

I am an easy learner, but a hard to forget.

I am peacefull, yet torn up inside.

I am full of energy, yet my spirit is broken, and it shows.

So much energy... So little is used...

I am the Walrus, googoogajoob  

27x
Crew

Amenubis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:08 am
I am finding.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:26 am
I am L...

With things like this, I often change, and must edit it, or post a new version.

I am my sould, bound to a concous mind, made by the interaction between the body and soul. Because I am bound to my mind, I am basiccally not a soul untill I die, so therefore I am made up of emmotion memory, and thought which is mostly the colaboration of emmotion and memory of words.

The most influental thing that currently defines me is my memories, and because my memories are filled with mistakes, problembs, and other usefull things, I have reached a point where I notice more than others through my insight abilities, and am able to point out some of hte lies in this society, and some of the truths they have replaced. I am the only one alive who can currently point out these truths, and am determined to do so.  

27x
Crew

Philosophy Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas