COOL!!!
  Hollywood will mess it up.
  GOLD, please!
View Results

Le Pere Duchesne

Beloved Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:10 am
Nisa-chan666
i don't know. i'm excited because it means GITS will be getting attention from a wider audience, but then it is Hollywood, and they do tend to get a bit over-the-top with their censoring and watering-down.

This will be the same audience that shits on us for watching 'animu', that beat up the kids at school who read and watch cartoons in general but now wear Deceptacons t-shirts and say how awesome the Transformers movie is.

No, I do not want that wider audience in my fandom. I do not want them anywhere near anything I like. They chose not to watch anything animated or anything foreign or anything with more than five minutes of talk every hour. If they like it, then that is as objective a test for shitness as you can get. Because I doubt remake will live up to the awesome that was Transformers.

I hope it is kept like the original comic, changing only those things that need to be changed, like with Watchmen. That way it will be good for the fans, and those who hated it will hate it still for being incomprehensible.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:38 pm
Whether it attracts a large audience or not is really none of my concern.

What is; however, that the movie utilizes the philosophy behind Ghost in the shell, not just some Micheal Bay s**t where it's two hours(and in transformers 2's case, three) of explosion and sexy women.

I understand that in today's world a movie is only good as it's action and sex scenes, but I believe that enough people will be interested enough to watch GITS if it does come out in theaters anytime soon.

It's story is interesting, and all the characters do exemplify some sort of trait that will interest the viewer.

p.s.- I don't believe it will be any worse or better if it's total CG or not  

xero -the halomaster

Lucifargundam

9,050 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:45 pm
this is bad. realllll bad. it'll be $#!7. look at the last indiana jones movie.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:43 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I'm A Harmless Blue Fuzzball!

i donno i saw what they did to dragonball so im not sure about them making live action but ill judge it when it comes out

Chicks Dig The Fuzzy Dude!
User Image  

Dojigomiru

Erik_Deadman

Dangerous Lover

7,125 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:30 am
Well i agree with you there but i look how Transformers was done and with Dragonball, thats more mystic and 'ki'. Ghost is more tech and with computers. I think Ghost has a better chance than DB  
Ghost In The Shell

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff