Welcome to Gaia! ::

-=|The Literate Yuri and Shoujo-ai Guild|=-

Back to Guilds

Tags: Yuri, Shoujo-Ai, Role playing, Literate 

Reply The Graveyard
[Misc] Welcome to my world... the world of awesome Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aenakume

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:01 pm
Saria Mithril
Do we need to make up a story or a theme? Or do you have something in mind already?

yes. and no.

i'm not writing this. ^_^; i'll help out a bit with the writing i guess, and a tiny bit with the art, but mostly i'll be helpin out a whole ton with the technology. story, setting and all that, i ain't touching except to offer advice and tips. someone else is gonna have to take the lead on that (and preferably not a crew member). either someone step up and say "i am in charge of all the editorialating for the writing and/or graphics", or a couple people get together and they can act as a voting committee on the story and graphics.

but me, i'm not takin charge. this is a guild project.

RevanStar
-puts in suggestion for a rather perverted storyline that would be highly amusing. but no doubt against the TOS-

honestly, i'm not sure how far the tos applies here. it may be we can make the dirtiest game ever made, so long as we don't discuss the dirty parts on gaia, or release it on gaia. i dunno.

but i think the easiest thing is just to keep everything within gaia's nazi guidelines.

RevanStar
I thought the theme was "Piss Saria Off" and the setting was the Hotsprings...

if you want, but that sounds like kind of a stupid game.

i'm totally serious when i say i am *not* takin charge of the writing, story or setting or any of that. this is a guild project - once the guild comes up with a script, i make it into the game, whatever that script is. if the guild wants to make a game about pissin sa off, then that's what they'll get.

i'll help if asked, and of course i won't hold my comments back. ^_^; but other than that, the guild members will have to take charge.

RevanStar
speaking of which... - Anna, my suggestion I made after playing the first bad ending still stands. It would be funny as hell

i have no idea what you're talkin about.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:32 pm
Honestly Anna xD I dont know why you bothered to reply to any of my comments when you know I'm not serious >>'

I'm not sure how much help I'll be with the story line... I havent written and compleated anything outside of rp posts in a rather long time. - And Snice my computer sucks, I cant upload art to photobucket, or DA or any such sites..

I could find awesome background images...  

Revan Star
Crew

Aenakume

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:17 pm
it's a group project, so you don't need to be able to finish anything on your own. you just need to contribute whatever part of the story/images/whatever that you can.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:02 am
Aenakume
honestly, i'm not sure how far the tos applies here. it may be we can make the dirtiest game ever made, so long as we don't discuss the dirty parts on gaia, or release it on gaia. i dunno.
I really don't think we could possibly devise the dirtiest game ever. I mean, a lot of other people at least as perverted as you (scary thought, that) have put a lot of work into claiming that title, and you're not going to help the writing much, so I'd say that goal is completely out of reach. Though it would be fun to try.  

Samantha McGill

Aenakume

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:12 pm
dude, we already have a fan base interested in our progress!

just... no progress.

should i just write this whole thing off?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:12 pm
It'd be a shame to write it off when there are people interested.  

Diiana Moon

Aenakume

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:43 pm
yes, but unfortunately, the only interested people are interested in *playing* the game, not making it.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:54 pm
For the game script, would it be action- based, RP, or something else? Would there be battle? If so, I could probably write that part.  

Voiciero

2,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200

Aenakume

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:21 pm
there *could* have been battles - it could have been action, rp, whatever everyone wanted to do.

but i think the project is dead because nobody cares.

kinda sad, because i offered the whole thing on a platter - i even went out and got us some fans all psyched up for us to finish it. but, nobody here cared.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:34 pm
I cared.. I'd help, but i suck at this kind of stuff... I could ask some friends at school that are in the digital media class if they could help with it((though i don't know if any of them use gaia))  

Rogue Storm Astarael

Fiendish Rogue

17,750 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Diiana Moon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:41 pm
Well I'm going to put my foot down and say I'll help, full stop. At this point, I'm not bothered if nobody else is interested because I actually quite want to do this, it looks like a fun project and if it gets the guild up and running again in the process then why not. For now I'm pretty busy because it's coursework/exam time blah blah, but I can always find time to do things a bit at a time like writing character profiles or the script for a scene or two etc.
I would help out with artwork too, but I don't have that much time. D:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:03 am
i'm sure there are a couple of people at least who would be happy to help out a little bit here and there, but the project woulda needed someone to step up and take control. the project would've needed a leader to make it happen, and like i said at the start, that ain't me.

i waited over six months for someone to step up and say they were actually going to do something to make it happen. now, i got tired of waiting.

so, if anyone wants to make this happen, go nuts. i'll tell you everything you need to know to make it work. hell, if you can convince me that you're actually gonna make it work, *maybe* i'll help out. but until i see someone actually takin the lead to make this happen, and actually accomplishing something, i'm out.  

Aenakume

Diiana Moon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:56 pm
Well, I think we need to establish all of the parts that need to be filled before we can start assigning people to various positions. Since you created the trial game, what hurdles did you overcome, what would have been useful to you, what challanges did you face etc. If we establish that then we can see what kind of team is needed before we go any further.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:11 pm
position 1: a project leader, who will actually take responsibility for making it happen. ^_^;
positions 2 through N: optional

like you said, i made the demo game all by myself. it only took me a week, and i had learn to draw, make music and program the game and then actually make the damn thing. all you need is one person who wants to do it. i figured it out in a week, alone. if it takes someone ten times that, that's still not bad (a game in two and a half months? from scratch? that's pretty good). my process was simple - i got the game engine from off of the repository, read the instructions to see how to use it, planned out the game, made the pictures, tried to make the music but failed (and if i had another day i could have done it, but my sound card was ********), then made the actual demo.

after that, i don't know what parts need to be filled or what positions you want to make. once you have a leader, you can break the project up two ways, three ways, however many ways you want depending on how many people you have and how big a game you want to make. maybe you'll need someone in charge of music? but only if there's music in the game. i don't know.

basically, it comes down to this:
  1. i can't tell you what you need to know until i know what you want to do
  2. you won't know what you want to do until you have a plan for what kind of game you want to make
  3. you won't have a plan until you have someone to put a plan together
and i waited half a year for that.

you've tried the demo i made. here's 130 other games all made with the same engine. this'll show you what's possible. i could tell you exactly how every one of those games was made. all you'd have to do is pick one.

so all you need is a leader to pick one. ^_^;  

Aenakume

Rogue Storm Astarael

Fiendish Rogue

17,750 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:23 pm
I can find/come-up-with the music part of it.. Silvestris would probably be best for being the leader of the game developers, I'll do the sound/audio/music.  
The Graveyard

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff