Welcome to Gaia! ::

Leviathan Stadium

Back to Guilds

A battle Stadium for literate roleplayers. 

Tags: Literate, Fighting, Battle, Arena, Levi 

Reply Gaia
Feiruza Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maximos
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:20 am
"I don't think Mrs Maeson had any idea what she had been using to prepare tea for all those years."

Clueless as to the identity of this Mrs. Maeson, Maximos simply cocked a curious eyebrow. This cocked eye however, quickly became a sharp deadly stare. The sort reserved for creatures at the bad end of a scythe. It, in every way, said to the dragon posing as if ready to bite, Do it. I dare you.

It didnt of course, instead it chose to go on a small tangent about tea parties. The Shadow suddenly found himself recalling a certain ancient text he had discovered at the bottom of a shelf in Barthavos. It spoke of this group of rebels and revolutions throwing a "tea party" for a certain tyranical overtaxing government which involved tossing a ship load of cargo into the sea. Brostin? Braxton? Regardless, as odd as the text struck him, it was exactly the sort of tea part he wanted to throw for this small pot. It spoke, and Max turned his nose up, and away as if was a smelly baby. All the while holding its tail precariously between two fingers.

The Siren was still staring, but a brow was cocked.
"So. What are you?"
Annoying.

Maximos helpfully added.

"What do you mean: What? I always thought it was quite clear that I'm teapot. Tea. Pot. Tss..."

Max's fingers were curling inwards. In a second, his two loose fingers would have been a fist of a grip, and after a flick of his wrist, and a shattering sound, Lu would have heard him explaining how he could enchant her something better. But instead of that, before he could make a fist. Lu exchanged a look with Max. And then she smiled.

It was the sort of smile that completely disarmed a person, before destroying them. It was a deadly smile. A beautiful flower, on an incredibly lethal plant. Max returned a grin. He shut his mouth, and held the teapot tight. It was in for a ride.

"Then tell me who you are...please."

Soft, sweet, silkly. Lace over a pit of spokes.
"I - am...I aaaaam..."

Max chuckled innocently, covering his mouth with his free hand. The little teapots flacid form, and child-like tone were hilarious. Hilarious in that showed, the creature was, so very foolishly mislead. The consequences if it said something like...

"I do not think that my name is of any interest for you."

...Would be hilarious.

Lucind seized it. In a few beautifully phrased, and viciously stated words she set the upstart kitchen accessory in its place. If Max was capable of something like a swoon, and if mayhaps it was not just a teapot, he would have swooned. She was gorgeous. The dragon was speechless, and Max was laughing, rather mockingly in its direction. A sort of, You got owned, laugh.

"Savvy?"

The teapot stared. Unblinking. Max snickered.

And: It blushed. Max could almost feel the hostility melt into something else. Something more spongey and pathetic. He nearly face palmed. He expected it to show another side after being set straight, and it did. Though that was short lived. He listened with folded arms as it attempted to flex its surviving drops of independence, but finally conceded.

"Well, well. My name, by the way, is Fletcher. Oswald Fletcher."
That...

Maximos again, very helpfully noted to no one and everyone.

...Is not a very good dragon name at all. It should be longer.

"I'm Lucind Varhetel. And this here is Maximos Dark. He practically belongs to the crew. For that and many other reasons I expect you to treat him with the highest respect, too, Mr Fletcher."

Instead of waving, or offering a greeting Max cocked an eyebrow at it. Him? Crew? He liked that idea. He liked it alot. It made a certain measure of pride well up in his chest. Once more, she leaned in close - the dragon blushed all over again. He shook his head. Lucind liked tea...but not that much.

"Max, any wishes for the tea?"
Yes, indeed!

The creature tried its very best to blow a raspberry, but it lacked a tongue, making the performance all audio. Max, in true Maximos form, countered by sticking his tongue out between his lips and returning the gesture exactly.

"Stop this instantly or you'll have to deal with this."

Max jumped, unsure which of them she was speaking to, until he saw the industrial sized teabag. He grinned. She was cruel. So cruel. He loved it.

Half a minute later, Lucind poured boiling water into a teapot which h ad become entirely still. Mismatched eyes immediately rose to the wooden door, as Lucind called the visitor in. Prishazan. The tall, muscular monk. His tattoes always made Max double take. The Shadow had met some very aesthetic individuals in his life. He even had a few aesthetic qualities himself, but he had to deeply admire anyone who could make the greater sacrifices like, Prishazan. Not only had he marked his body, but Max had never seen him step foot on land. And he barely heard him speak. The monk greeted him with a gesture, and Maximos immediately returned the same gesture and subsequent nod.

He passed Lucind the vial, and announced its contents.

"Thank you very much!" She smiled at him broadly. And so Max smiled up at him broadly, although as of yet unaware of the significance of the clean water. That was until Lu said...

"This lump really gets on my nerves, because a keep on forgetting it's there...which means a lot of ouch when I brush my hair or lie down. - I'll use it right now."

Prishazan nodded at Lucind. Max seemed almost saddened that one or more of her lovely injuries was about to depart. He was about to ask if she had to use right now. But, Prishazan's eyes were on him, and called his attention away.

"Mr Dark, I don't know if you have decided to join our test journey tomorrow yet - but if so, I would like to ask a favor."

Test journey? I wasnt aware...I...

Max responded, cocking his head slightly to the side and looking to Lucind and then back to Prishazan. Instinctively, his right hand moved to his left fore arm, and to the absent space where just a week ago a FIGHTER bracelet had been.

Strangely, there was no sadness in its absence. Instead, that pride filled his chest again, and the eye patch hiding inside his breast pocket burned eagerly in the back of his mind. He could already smell the ocean air, hear the seagulls kawing, feel copious amounts of plundered booty pooling around his feet...the words practically spoke themselves. He met Prishazan's dark, ebony eyes, smiled bright and said.

I would love to. I'll be there. What can I do for you Mr. Prishazan?  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm
Test journey? I wasnt aware...I...

"I'm sorry. I wanted to tell you during dinner. We only decided about this in the morning. - No, Prisha, it's alright." The Siren waved at the monk whose expression asked if he had done something wrong, before she looked back at the Shadow.

"It won't take long, we start early, around six, and will be back before dusk. The reason for this short trip is to test the new Feiruza's strength...not only during normal navigating conditions, but also... I told you Prishazan had the plan use his symbiotic magic to make the ship cross large distances - in an eyeblink. And tomorrow, we want to try that out."

That pride filled Maximos' chest again, and the eye patch hiding inside his breast pocket burned eagerly in the back of his mind. Lucind hid a soft grin, recognizing that look on the Shadow's face.
He could already smell the ocean air, hear the seagulls kawing, feel copious amounts of plundered booty pooling around his feet...the words practically spoke themselves. He met Prishazan's dark, ebony eyes, smiled bright and said. I would love to. I'll be there. What can I do for you Mr. Prishazan?

Here the monk began to explain."As you may know, the pact with a single Vikra allows my brothers and me to use the sea's elements to a certain degree."

Maximos probably remembered that already years ago, when Lu summarized her Azum adventure, she had mentioned how fast they had been able to travel thanks to the monk's abilities; that he wielded a form of water and wind magic the Siren was extremely fascinated about; she, too, always showed highest respect for what the order of Urdug did, because, where she was part of the sea and the sea would always be a home for her, she still had a life she could form according to her dreams and desires - whereas those monks gave up everything to serve the sea and, above anything else, the Vikra, an ancient class of sylphs.

"This here will be more difficult than influencing the ship's speed or maneuverability, or protecting us from climatic or hostile influences. If the Feiruza is called in a pressing matter and we want to reach our destination as fast as possible, I have to initiate a rite that might best be described with the common term teleportation. A rite I haven't performed that often in my life, usually only in moments of danger. This is why I would like to ask you to assist me - just as I have asked Lucind: during this ritual, the general protection my Vikra and I provide for the ship will be weakened, especially until I gain some routine waving the wind tunnel. The sea itself bears many dangers, and other entities could use the moment of teleportation to attack. Therefore, it would be very kind of you to guard the ship, keep an eye on possible invaders."

Only on rare, very rare occasions would one hear Prishazan talk for that long, and sure as hell he would barely lose another word for the rest of the day once this conversation was over. He wouldn't even say something when Mr. Fletcher cleared his throat all over again to announce the tea was ready; he used his tail to first remove the lid, then the bag and place it on a small plate next to it. Yet, the way the monk inspected the dragon pot clearly showed he had his doubts about the piece of china, too.

Once Prishazan had left, Lucind went to pour the aromatic tea into two cups she took from a tiny shelf that was fastened to the post, right above the chest of drawers.
She took a small sip, eyeing Oswald (who still played the innocent), then produced the vial from her skirt's pocket. "Prisha cleansed it. It's like...blessed water. Have to admit I don't fully understand the process, but I think he removes all unnatural elements. What I can tell for sure is that the concentration of water sprites is extremely high - and it tastes wonderful! In fact, it reminds me a little bit of your life leaf tea...you know, the effect. It's not as powerful, but you feel really refreshed after a single mouth full."

With that, Lu walked over towards her sleeping corner, slightly pushed away the left side of the folding-screen that mainly had the task to hide that area should she receive customers or other persons not being close to her in this room.
"I know you would like me to keep this little egg bump here. But for me it's nothing but inconvenient. - Also, I can think of sexier injuries." She chuckled, whereupon she lowered her voice. "So...you can always replace it with something else, if you'll miss it that badly."

She knew it wasn't fair, and she awaited the same reaction he had shown to her kiss. But the moment Lucind had noticed the slightest disappointment when he got to know what the special water would do, she knew it was too much of an invitation to resist.
In the background, Mr. Fletcher sounded as though he was choking which was followed by an eww-like comment.

The Siren walked past her bed: the shelf that served as another room-divider featured a large mirror on its right side, in front of which she stopped. First, she took a paper back from one of the boards from which she produced medical gauze and band-aid on a roll; then the vial was opened and, tilting her head to one side and carefully brushing away some strands, Lu gave a bit of the cleansed water onto the lump: within seconds, the injury shrinked visibly until it was almost completely gone.  

Lucind Varhetel

Maximos
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:39 am
I would love to. I'll be there. What can I do for you Mr. Prishazan?

Maximos said, and he meant it, thought it was tempered with something else. A hair of inhibition which scraped at the back of the Shadow's mind. He may have heard her wrong, there may have been a confusion in translation. But he was almost entirely sure Lucind had just mentioned travel, in the blink of an eye.

But here, the monk began to explain. When someone so silent as Prishazan began to speak, there was a power to their words. A certain reverence that comes with the occasion. Maximos fell silent, his full attention belonged to the monk.

"As you may know, the pact with a single Vikra allows my brothers and me to use the sea's elements to a certain degree."

Maximos did remember. And to show this, he stoutly nodded, but remained silent. Both the Vikra, and slyphs in general peaked his curiosity. Though, so did most things Azum and Siren related. This was an opportunity to observe both in action! Maximos was excited just listening. When Lucind described the usage of wind and water magics, Maximos had always imagined the two being combined to create an effect akin to those steel magic "Mortirs" or "Ungines" or whatever it was that made modern day boots move faster than stern winds would normally allow. With childlike excitement he even wondered how fast would quantify as an "eye blink".

"This here will be more difficult than influencing the ship's speed or maneuverability, or protecting us from climatic or hostile influences. If the Feiruza is called in a pressing matter and we want to reach our destination as fast as possible, I have to initiate a rite that might best be described with the common term teleportation."

Anyone watching closely, would notice his entire body tighten. That word, it was said at normal volume, but might as well have leaped out from the sentence to bite him. Max couldnt remember if he had ever told Lucind about the last days of the Destroyer. About the few mages who conspired to end his killing spree by removing him, and about the sloppily cast and alltogether unpleasant experience which resulted in him being teleported to the Great Desert of Vergan. Or the dimensional rift that tore him from Aria and landed him on Gaia...

The Destroyer was long gone, but the effects of the experiences still last. To this day teleportation makes the Shadow sick to his stomach. Literally. Max bore no ill will to anyone able to instantaneously travel, but this near allergy was the reason why Lucind might note how very rarely Maximos ever walked through shadows, despite how popular the ability was amongst other shadow elementalists.

Regardless, Maximos of whether or not an explanation was need, Maximos loosened although he felt a bit queasy already. Though, with the same grace and skill with which he covered over grievous injuries in combat with a grin, Maximos kept his warm smile, and did not dare disturb Prishazan.

He could not say no. Not only because ungentlemanly it would be, but because he simply would, and could not miss the opportunity given him! He reminded himself of how teleportation afforded a momentary discomfort, perhaps a lost lunch, but then usually ended amiably.

"A rite I haven't performed that often in my life, usually only in moments of danger. This is why I would like to ask you to assist me - just as I have asked Lucind: during this ritual, the general protection my Vikra and I provide for the ship will be weakened, especially until I gain some routine waving the wind tunnel. The sea itself bears many dangers, and other entities could use the moment of teleportation to attack. Therefore, it would be very kind of you to guard the ship, keep an eye on possible invaders."

Max was smiling, but it was fraying at the edges. He felt his heart rise into his throat, and then with a gulp it fell into a bottomless abyss, and or the pits of his stomach. They might be attacked? Enemies werent the trouble. It was that they would be teleporting...for an extend period...

No. He couldnt think like that. This was like visiting another country, and being invited to attend an ancient ceremony. And then having that honor doubled as your invited to partake in it. If he could fit with holes in his body and missing limbs, he could fight with an upset stomach. Without a drop of trepidation on his voice he said.

It would be my honor Mr. Prishazan, and a pleasure.

And he would very formally bow his head. Not only paying respect to the request given, but also to what to be the longest conversation he had ever had, or that likely anyone had ever had, with Prishazan.

With the monk departed, Maximos focused on his tea. He thanked Lucind as she poured it, and the placed his hands on either side of the cup, feeling the warmth pass through him. Lucind removed that magical water, and Maximos did his best not to let his disappointment show.

"Prisha cleansed it. It's like...blessed water. Have to admit I don't fully understand the process, but I think he removes all unnatural elements. What I can tell for sure is that the concentration of water sprites is extremely high - and it tastes wonderful! In fact, it reminds me a little bit of your life leaf tea...you know, the effect. It's not as powerful, but you feel really refreshed after a single mouth full."

In truth it did sound quite interesting. Max wondered what might happen if you used that purified water to make Life Leaf tea, while perfectly healthy. That single idea bloomed countless others and all together Max came to the opinion that...

I should very much like to try it one day.

With that, Lu walked over towards her sleeping corner, and Max returned to his cup of tea. Being a gentleman he gave her her privacy, which is to say that even though Lucind was not doing anything private, Maximos turned his head and looked at another wall, and sipped tea.

"I know you would like me to keep this little egg bump here. But for me it's nothing but inconvenient. - Also, I can think of sexier injuries."

Whereupon Maximos' eyes shot up and he nearly choked on his tea.

"So...you can always replace it with something else, if you'll miss it that badly."

As might be expected, as Maximos' head turned slowly, almost incredulously back to face her. His cheeks were the color of ripe tomatoes, his eyes were wide with shock.

But, even as he looked at her and let the realization sink in, the shocked look stretched into a grin so wide it threatened to slice his face in half. From across the small room Max pointed ominously and said.

I'll hold you to that.

And tossed Fletcher a grin that almost dared him to say something, before taking another sip of his tea.  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:52 pm
Even as he looked at her and let the realization sink in, the shocked look stretched into a grin so wide it threatened to slice his face in half. From across the small room Max pointed ominously and said.

I'll hold you to that.

And tossed Fletcher a grin that almost dared him to say something, before taking another sip of his tea. The dragon pot remained silent, aside from a single, quiet sound that reminded of a gagging gulp. What Lucind and Maximos would notice later on, by the way, was that, even though Mr. Fletcher wasn't placed on a warmer, the tea within him would be hot even after hours - if they hadn't drunk all of it by then.

"Oh, I know you'll do," was all Lucind replied, her eyes matching the character of his grin, before she vanished behind the folding screen.
Aside from rustling and shuffling, the Siren was silent while applying the cleansed water until the Shadow would hear, Now that is fun, coming from the sleeping area.
She came walking back, the open vial in her hand: she had taken off the long, thick sweater - revealing a peach colored tank top beneath which sported a bit of lace here and there -, as well as the shawl; her right shoulder was freed of the bandages and was slightly orange around the stitched wound that wasn't much longer than an inch.

"Look at this!"

The dark haired woman lifted the vial and carefully dribbled a bit of the liquid inside on her wound: the drops didn't ran down shoulder and arm but seeped into the flesh. There was the softest hiss when parts of it vaporized.
Lu's expression made clear she was fascinated by this phenomenon like a child of a simple, but in its eyes unusual gadget of the adult's world.

Within a second, however, her look softened, obviously hopping to a different subject altogether. "Max, I...I'm sorry, about the trip, I mean. I didn't forget about you're dislike for this kind of 'traveling'." She raised her brow, gently sucking her bottom lip. They had never touched this subject directly, but through various conversations, the way the man's expression usually changed, as well as his voice, had it made all to clear what Maximos' opinion concerning teleporting, hopping, switching or whatever name you gave it, was.
"The way Tagis described that wind tunnel and how Prisha puts the ship through it, it didn't sound like teleportation per se...after his explanation I'm a little confused, truth to be told. Think I'll ask again when we're having dinner." The Siren ran her left through her hair, tucking a strand behind her ear.

"You didn't have to say yes. He would've understood."

Her words weren't what they appeared to be. The said something completely different. Both of them knew the Shadow could've never refused the monk's request. So instead, what the Siren's words really said was, I know how extremely unsettling the idea of doing a teleportation is for you, which is why you have my deepest respect for still being willing to go along with us.

Lucind went to finish her tea, Mr. Fletcher refilled the cup, giving her an expectant look she chose to ignore. She took the vial's stopper from the skirt's pocket to seal the handy vessel.

"I'd like to show you the rest of the ship - what do you say?" The Siren smiled, knowing Maximos would sure love to since things were still in an early stage of renovation the last time he had was aboard the Feiruza.  

Lucind Varhetel

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:04 am
南無阿弥陀仏

"Namu Amida Butsu."

Following that statement came the sound of a handful of gold coins scattering about on the floor of the docks in front of an emaciated old man who was no doubt homeless. The old man looked up, reaching out while speaking words of thanks in an unrecognizable tongue towards the Buddhist monk that had just given him alms and blessing. Not that the man recognized the tongue the monk used, either.

But what of this monk?

Tenkai Matsumoto stood at a somewhat average 5'8", which would actually be below average considering the two extra inches added by the wooden geta clogs he wore. He was dressed in the unmistakeable robes of a Japanese Buddhist monk. A large-beaded Buddhist rosary necklace hung from his neck, his head covered by a large straw shade hat. One could see that his semi-long brown hair was tied back in a ponytail from underneath the hat, but otherwise only his amiable facial expression was visible from the shadows.

The clacking noise from his footgear and beads as he walked down the docks were coupled by the chiming of gold rings clanging together at the head of his shakujo, or monk's spade. Although he was not disabled, he seemed to use it as if it were a walking staff, letting others know that a monk was nearby.

Tenkai had taken the time spent around the vicinity of the Heaven or Hell tournament to visit the merchant town of Latent, hoping to find something useful he could purchase. But he wouldn't simply go right to spending his gold when there were still poor, unfortunate souls to give alms to. He'd be a pretty terrible monk if he spent all of his gold on trinkets before giving back to the less fortunate.

Of course, it'd also be pointless to visit Latent with prospects of purchase if he emptied his wallet giving alms, as well. Tenkai's obligations held a span of more than just the duties of a monk. But for now, he was enjoying the relaxation provided by strolling along the docks. Looking out to the sea, he--

"Hm...what is this?"

His eyes were caught as he looked out towards the see as he saw a curiously docked ship, almost as if it was, for the time being, just an annex of the docks. As if it was expecting people to visit. That was when he caught a glimpse of the rather chimaeric figurehead of the ship.

"Hm. Interesting."

It wasn't very often for Tenkai to see a docked ship with the entrance ramp down without privateers busy unloading cargo. Anyone could just waltz right up onto the deck. Theives, children...or any manner of bizarre things in these lands that weren't thieves or children.

And perhaps a curious monk or two.

There was an odd air about the vessel. It felt as if the ship "wanted" to be visited. Tenkai found such feelings of mystery to be very intriguing, and he was finding it very hard to resist entrance. The only question was...how was Tenkai to enter? Even if he could walk upon the deck, boarding a ship made him feel like a trespasser. Technically he would be trespassing, but since there was no sign advising otherwise and the ship's boarding ramp was down, Tenkai saw no problem with it. Tenkai was not trying to be stealthy in his step, so his footgear would prevent him from arriving unnoticed.

Which would either earn him a warm welcome, or a stern warning, depending on the situation. It'd be best if he called out.

"Hello?" he said, calling out, "Is anyone here?"

A simple enough question, worded simply. For all Tenkai knew the crew was out to town, or on a part of the ship presently unseen by him. (In other words, if people are in plain sight and I don't realize it, pretend I haven't looked in that direction yet >.<)

((I don't want to interrupt anything, though. If you want to time paradox, that's fine. As for when this could be, I'd place Tenkai doing this after HoH...I'd guess. o.o))  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:54 am
"Oh, I know you'll do."

Max met her grin, tooth for tooth, twist for twist, and the Mr. Fletcher the not so noble teapot had every reason in the world to gulp. And then Lucind was gone. Max's fingers interlaced calmly, his twisted grin melted into a smoother, kinder, almost innocent smile. One which in light of the previous grin seemed about as harmless as leaves over spike pit. It was about then that he noticed his cuffs were uneven, and moved to adjust them. In the reflection off of his cup, he spotted that his necktie was askew and slightly loosened, and proceeded to pinch and work it back up his neck, using the cups shiny surface as a mirror. There was absolutely no excuse for looking so disheveled. Max was in the act of making a few comb-like passes through his hair with his hands when Lucind suddenly emerged from behind her screen.

"Look at this!"

Max' mismatched gaze snapped to Lucind, his arms froze in place. He had almost expected something to have gone wrong. Perhaps it did not heal? Perhaps it made her change colors? In his experience, magic had a horribly way of making things change.

But then the dark haired woman lifted the vial and carefully dribbled a bit of the liquid inside on her wound: the drops didn't ran down shoulder and arm but seeped into the flesh. There was the softest hiss when parts of it vaporized.

That wasnt an effect life Life Leaf Tea, that was even better! Life Leaf Tea took a few minutes, only the purest form of the leaf was so efficiently thorough. The idea that something like this existed naturally on Gaia set his mind alive with possibilities.

Astonishing! Let me see!

He said, pushing his chair back and making his way around the table to Lucind, his right eye growing a bit whiter, just barely a glow in the shade of his brow. If she let him, Max would softly touch her shoulder and lean in, inspecting what once was a would both physically and magically. It was probably about then that she would start to speak.

"Max, I...I'm sorry, about the trip, I mean. I didn't forget about you're dislike for this kind of 'traveling'."

She raised her brow, gently sucking her bottom lip. The sound of which pulled Max from his inspection. The Shadow had a horrible habit of getting too[/] focused. He could sit analyzing a tome, or an artifact for hours and be completely oblivious to all else. Beyond his name, and what he thought might have been an apology, Max had missed most of the previous statement, which was clearly noticeable as he said.

I would love a samp--what?

"The way Tagis described that wind tunnel and how Prisha puts the ship through it, it didn't sound like teleportation per se..."

Oh that. Now that was hardly something Max expected her say sorry for. He shook his head, turning from her side and stepping so as to face her.

No, no, Lu...

"...after his explanation I'm a little confused, truth to be told. Think I'll-- "

Was all she'll would get out, before his right index finger softly pressed against her lips and Max said.

No my dear, you'll do nothing of the sort.

At which point he would lean in close, as if he was about to press his lips to his own finger, only before doing so his finger slid away, leaving only his lips to press softly against hers for a small kiss, before moving back.

Prishazan didnt twist my arm. We both know I could have said no at any time.

A smile spread across Maximos' face, and a soft chuckle followed that. He knew what she was doing. He appreciated the kindness in it. She could have acted aloof to his discomfort, but she addressed it. Though in her body language in tone, he could hear the meaning behind her words, which he also addressed as he said...

...And we both know, I would never have said no. I would never miss a chance like this. If I can fight on the brink of death, I can fight nauseous.

Her words weren't what they appeared to be. The said something completely different. But wasnt that what being proper was all about? Saying one thing and meaning another thing entirely? Only in speaking proper can you insult someone horribly while making it sound as if your asking them to tea. But, Lucind meant nothing malicious, and Maximos appreciate the effort.

The Siren moved to refill her cup, and Max followed offering his to the dragon with a not so innocent smile.

"I'd like to show you the rest of the ship - what do you say?"

By the look in her eyes, he knew she knew precisely what he was going to say. But, smiling wide Max said it anyway.

I would love to.

Maximos
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

Lucind Varhetel

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:00 pm
Astonishing! Let me see!

He said, pushing his chair back and making his way around the table to Lucind, his right eye growing a bit whiter, just barely a glow in the shade of his brow.
Lucind turned to present her shoulder; she had pulled the straps of top and bra down before removing the gauze and the bandage. The stitched wound was closer to her back, fixed by thin, black threads.

"Max, I...I'm sorry, about the trip, I mean. I didn't forget about you're dislike for this kind of 'traveling'."

She raised her brow, gently sucking her bottom lip. The sound of which pulled Max from his inspection. The Shadow had a horrible habit of getting too focused.

I would love a samp--what?

"The way Tagis described that wind tunnel and how Prisha puts the ship through it, it didn't sound like teleportation per se..."

Oh that. Now that was hardly something Max expected her say sorry for. He shook his head, turning from her side and stepping so as to face her.

No, no, Lu...

"...after his explanation I'm a little confused, truth to be told. Think I'll-- "

Was all she'll would get out, before his right index finger softly pressed against her lips and Max said.

No my dear, you'll do nothing of the sort.

When his finger touched her lips, Lucind relaxed and calmly met his eyes.

Prishazan didn't twist my arm. We both know I could have said no at any time.

A smile spread across Maximos' face, and a soft chuckle followed that. He knew what she was doing.
...And we both know, I would never have said no. I would never miss a chance like this. If I can fight on the brink of death, I can fight nauseous.

Lu grinned into the soft kiss that followed, reaching up to brush one of his navy blue looks aside.
"What a bunch of pirates we'll be, hanging over the rail and Prishazan the only one left standing..." She let out a quiet and throaty laughter. Then her attention wandered back to her shoulder.

"Izette's knive did a good job, although I was able to twist and offer a less risky spot for a stab. The blade scraped along the bone, which is what still hurts most." Still peeking at the stitches, she passed the vial to him.
"The problem was that the medics had to start with the surgery before someone could get me fresh water - I had something with me but left my bag at the stable where we had our match. So, I could use the water only right after the stab was closed..."
Shortly after the rebirth, Lucind had found out (and also told Maximos) that even now the power to use water for self-healing wasn't much better than before. For some reason, the mothers didn't fixed that. Or, so Lucind had suspected, the five ancestral Sirens wanted to keep the balance of powers between female and male Sirens, for the latter were able to use water and wind in various ways, but lacked most of the mental powers that were an implicitness for their female counterparts.

"I think the threads could be removed now without the wound popping open. Have to see if the cleansed water reaches the bone... If not, well...I can deal with a bit of pain..."

The Siren moved to refill her cup, and Max followed offering his to the dragon with a not so innocent smile. And the teapot did his job, but not without grumbling. At this point, Lucind thought she would be very surprised if Mr. Fletcher had given up his rebellion already.

By the look in her eyes, he knew she knew precisely what he was going to say. But, smiling wide Max said it anyway.

I would love to.

A soft smile. "I'll just get some gauze back on here." She nodded at her shoulder, then took the cup and walked back to the mirror. Some time later - during which Mr. Fletcher curled and uncurled its tail, watching Maximos with an almost pouty expression -, the Siren would reappear: she hadn't only put her sweater back on but also wore a long cardigan of the deepest green; furthermore, she had picked a hairband with which she was now fixing her locks in a loose bun at the back of her head.

When Lucind indicated she was ready to go, the dragon cleared his throat.
"Yes, Mr. Fletcher," she asked extremely politely.

"Well, since I am a resident of this ship as of now - and I don't have to mention that I am more part of the crew than he is...although I yet have to decide if that is a thing worth pointing out, because if I find this surrounding here is not to my liking I will have somebody take me somewhere else...!" He cleared his throat again. "Anyway. I would say I am entitled to see the other rooms of this boat, too."

Lu breathed in slowly. "Later on. Maybe." And since the teapot was about to protest she directly added, a bit more vehement. "I'm sure not going to carry a half full, hot teapot with me. Plus, so far you--" She looked up. Someone was outside, asking if anybody was there. Lucind even thought to know this voice that entered her room in low, muffled tones.
"If you present some manners along with your excellent tea brewing skills, then I might consider showing you the rest of the ship."

"Well, fine then..." Mr. Fletcher replied dryly (he nearly blushed again when he heard about his excellent tea brewing skills). He pretended not to care when the Siren knotted the cardigan's belt and walked to the door, thus vanishing from the teapot's sight thanks to the two broad shelves.

"Oh and," the Siren added. "If I were you, I wouldn't try anything funny. The Feiruza sees and hears everything."
Grinning ever so slightly, Lu stepped outside, waiting for Max to follow, before she walked downstairs to greet a man who stood on the other side of the narrow gangway: his clothes reminded her of what priests and monks in North Gaia and large parts of Azum wore; and she could swear she had recently seen him. But where?

Prishazan, Tagis and the sailors where nowhere to be seen, but the Siren heard faint noises coming from the bow of the ship, that is, from the rooms where they stored all kind of shipping tools.

"Can I help you, sir?

Please, come aboard!"

((Sorry it took me so long to get this out!
Posting order I'd suggest: Lu - Max - Tenkai))

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:11 am
"What a bunch of pirates we'll be, hanging over the rail and Prishazan the only one left standing..." She let out a quiet and throaty laughter. Then her attention wandered back to her shoulder.

Sure!

Max added with a chuckle.

I mean as long as we have eye patches and fancy hats, we're still pirates right?

Now, of course, he was joking. And his laughter soon joined her laughter. And laughter was a good thing because it kept him from staring at the stitches in her arm as if they were offensive and needed to be torn free, despite the consequences of such.

"Izette's knive did a good job, although I was able to twist and offer a less risky spot for a stab. The blade scraped along the bone, which is what still hurts most."

Max accepted the vial, and slipped it silently into his jacket pocket. His mind was reeling with experiments and processes that simply must be run. The prospect made him giddy. But he kept a straight face, as he moved back to her side and took in the wound again with a new sort of respect.

Dizzy did that?

He said, immediately remembering the fragmented pieces of the night of driving spent with a one Ms. Dizzy Asis Pretzel. He had assumed, being an HoH competitor and being as their team won, that she had some skill with a knife but...to the bone? Max made a short, impressed, whistle. And then let Lucind continue.

"The problem was that the medics had to start with the surgery before someone could get me fresh water - I had something with me but left my bag at the stable where we had our match. So, I could use the water only right after the stab was closed..."

Max remembered several fights in which he had to push his way past and or threaten the over eager medical staff of the HoH tournament. Should he be back in a staffing position next year he made a not to fix that issue. What should have been a simple wound, for Lucind was now made unnecessarily complex. It was fine just being complex on its own, but when it was difficult for no reason...that was just annoying. The wound was practically gone, save for six unslightly threads that burned in his vision...He honestly thought...

"I think the threads could be removed now without the wound popping open. Have to see if the cleansed water reaches the bone... If not, well...I can deal with a bit of pain..."

Exactly. Exactly that, and as she Lucind moved to refill her cup, he lingered for a moment before following. His mismatched gaze set on the offending stitches. Like she was some doll that needed patching up...

He got his tea, and sipping let the frustration pass. He tossed Fletcher a smile. But not the sort of smile that thanks a person. This was the sort of proud smile that said the pot was clearly in its place. And would do good to stay there.

Max broke contact with the dragon. By the look in her eyes, he knew she knew precisely what he was going to say. But, smiling wide Max said it anyway.

I would love to.

They shared a smile.

"I'll just get some gauze back on here." She nodded at her shoulder, then took the cup and began to walk back to the mirror. That was, until Maximos' hand reached out to grab her arm before she turned fully away and he said.

Wait...

If she allowed him, he would move in close, and then closer. Into that sort of shared space that only people sharing a certain kind of relationship enter. His hand slipped from her arm and his fingers gently traced up to her shoulder, her injured shoulder, letting his palm fall lose over the joint. His large fingers covering the entire curve.

...Let me get that for you.

If Lucind was not pulling away, then Maximos was moving forward. He would set his cup down on the table, with his free hand and very softly kiss her injury, or what remained of it. His fingers curled in, turning a gentle caress into a steady grip. His lips peeled back from his kiss and his teeth went to work. Every stitching had a knot. Max would find it with his tongue, and then very carefully n** down and bit it. With the knot missing, the stitchings were open. And with a similar motion, he would bit down on one of the free ends of the stitching, and if allowed, pull the entire thread free from one wound. It was not, the most painless, or quietest way to go about things...but he had said he'd hold her to her previous statement.

Once done, he'd step back, slide his hand off her should and say, with a wide twisted grin.

All better!

And leave her to change, if she still wished too. If she did, then some time later - during which Mr. Fletcher curled and uncurled its tail, watching Maximos with an almost pouty expression - for which Maximos held no sympathy what so ever, chosing instead to grin menacingly back.

When Lucind indicated she was ready to go, the dragon cleared his throat. And Maximos grumbled, slowly shaking his head.

"Yes, Mr. Fletcher." she asked extremely politely.
"Well, since I am a resident of this ship as of now - and I don't have to mention that I am more part of the crew than he is"

Maximos cocked an eyebrow. His grin went flat, making his mouth a thin line across his face. He didnt like that.

"...although I yet have to decide if that is a thing worth pointing out, because if I find this surrounding here is not to my liking I will have somebody take me somewhere else...!"

He cleared his throat again. Max was glaring. If looks could kill, and knowing Max they had, this dragon would be ash on the table right now.

"Anyway. I would say I am entitled to see the other rooms of this boat, too."

Max was about to respond when, Lu breathed in slowly.

"Later on. Maybe. I'm sure not going to carry a half full, hot teapot with me. Plus, so far you--"

She looked up. Max had no idea why, none of his senses ran that far. But in the same after her words, without skipping a beat he added his own end to her sentence. Suddenly he was smiling.

--feel that I have apparently yet to prove my worth as a crew member. So if you insist on going on a journey, I'll simply have no choice other than to oblige you...

A slight pause, just enough to give hope. Max sounded positively cheery.

...And show you the ocean...

And in a blink the cheer was gone, and his eyes dead locked on the dragon with a dark intensity. His voice moved from cheery to cold, not threatening, but promising...

...As you sink in it....

Lucind was back. He didnt interupt her.

"If you present some manners along with your excellent tea brewing skills, then I might consider showing you the rest of the ship."

"Well, fine then..."

And a few minutes later, after a few exchange, Max and Lu were off and outside back on the deck. The Shadow did take a moment to offer the door to Tagis' room...a worthy foe...a smirk, before they exited to the deck as a whole. Suddenly Lucind was addressing someone that the oblivious Maximos, lost in child-like wonderment over the ship had yet to recognize.

"Can I help you, sir?"

She said, and he abruptly turned to face the visitor. He recognized the man almost immediately. After all, how many non-oriental monks does one see in full eastern attire walking about Gaia? Tenkai might notice, that Maximos, in his knee-high formal black jacket, and black vest, complete with black tie, white dress shirt and black slacks and shoes...had two arms! Unlike the last time they met. Lucind spoke and Max immediately followed.

"Please, come aboard!"

Mr. Matsumoto! Tenkai Matsumoto! What a surprise, fancy seeing you here!  

Maximos
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:59 am
"Can I help you, sir?"

Tenkai turned to face the voice that had acknowledged his call. To Tenkai's surprise, the voice belonged to a face that seemed oddly familiar to the monk. Or rather, it was not her face that was immediately recognizeable. It was her unusual ears. Of course it'd be incredibly rude if Tenkai spoke of them aloud, so he internalized that dialogue. He didn't want to insult whoever owned this ship. Her face and hair were recognizable as well, but he couldn't quite put his finger on where he had seen it. Maybe the change of clothes contributed to his horrible memory.

"Please, come aboard!"

Tenkai was just about to thank her for the hospitable greeting when a much more recognizable voice called out.

Mr. Matsumoto! Tenkai Matsumoto! What a surprise, fancy seeing you here!

The new clothes and additional arm were definately a detriment to his memory, but he had seen this face much more closely in the past and associated it with a voice as well as a name. It didn't take much for Tenkai to remember.

"My, my," the monk said with surprise, "It's good to see you again, Mr. Dark. Or maybe I should just call you Maximos."

Tenkai liked to be proper, but he knew some people hated formalities. Tenkai didn't mind much about what people called him save for anything insulting, or the original name of his birth. The former for obvious reasons, and the latter simply to keep things as clandestine as possible.

As Tenkai spoke, he carefully boarded the ship, maintaining an oddly stable sense of balance in spite of wearing such awkward-looking footgear. But Tenkai wore them so much that he hardly noticed the difference aside from a few benefits they provided...aside from the fact that they were a bit noisy against a wooden deck.

"Oh, I'm sorry," he said, stopping himself, "Should I take these off before boarding?" He gestured to his footgear, wondering if the noise was bothersome to his hosts.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:17 pm
Max accepted the vial, and slipped it silently into his jacket pocket. His mind was reeling with experiments and processes that simply must be run. The prospect made him giddy. But he kept a straight face, as he moved back to her side and took in the wound again with a new sort of respect.

What he couldn't know at this point, what Lucind didn't know either, was that, the farther away from the sea the cleansed water was taken, the faster its special effect would wear off, the sprites would dissipate until only a few, useless drops would be left.

When the two of them discussed her wound, the Siren didn't fail to notice this kind of displeased look on the Shadow's face, wondering what it meant in comparison to his previously shown disappointment when she had announced she was going to fix the lump.
Lu asked if Izzette was still holding his top hat: she had seen most of that fight but only found out about the item "exchange" when meeting the punker herself. Not without some amusement in her voice, she told Max that Ms. Prechtl had called him a comic book hero and had found the idea of them being a couple extremely weird and funny.

Once Max had happily agreed to be shown around, Lucind made a mental note to leave the area she knew would pique his fascination most - the bookstore with its secret back room - for the end of the tour.

"I'll just get some gauze back on here." She nodded at her shoulder, then took the cup and began to walk back to the mirror. That was, until Maximos' hand reached out to grab her arm before she turned fully away and he said.

Wait...

"...?"

Maximos moved in close, and then closer. Into that sort of shared space that only people sharing a certain kind of relationship enter. His hand slipped from her arm and his fingers gently traced up to her shoulder, her injured shoulder, letting his palm fall lose over the joint. His large fingers covering the entire curve.

...Let me get that for you.

When his lips touched the stitched wound ever so softly, Lu's expression softened, and she nuzzled against the side of his head, feeling his hair tickle her ear. What happened next, however, she hadn't seen coming.
His fingers curled in, turning a gentle caress into a steady grip. His lips peeled back from his kiss and his teeth went to work. Every stitching had a knot. Max would find it with his tongue: such a simple and yet so intimate touch. She heard herself gasping. He nipped down, bit, removed knot after knot, would feel her shudder.

It was not the most painless, or quietest way to go about things - and it made her wish everything else away, while a hand reached up to clutch the fabric of the Shadow's sleeve. Lucind didn't see the dragon pot looking more than a little peeved and ostantatively turning his head into another direction.

Once done, Maximos stepped back, slid his hand off her should and said, with a wide twisted grin.

All better!

With her cheeks red, her eyes clouded and holding wickedness in their background, she looked at him, then down at her shoulder. There was a bit of blood from the unusual procedure which the Siren collected with her middle finger to directly lick it clean.
If Maximos expected her reaction was another question, but he would then find one of her hands being placed on the nape of his neck. Unless he had a reason to protest, Lucind would lean up quickly, almost forcefully, to kiss him. Kiss him so that he would taste the blood he had just drawn.

Finally, pulling away, her lips curled into a grin. Not even an inch away from his face she said, as if carrying on an unspoken thought. "...then again, it's not really you who caused the wound in the first place."

Reaping whatever expression or comment he would give, Lu turned around to cover the still slightly bleeding wound: not only did she want to protect her clothes, but also to savor the unexpected gesture, protect it from the looks of others.
Furthermore, she would still put on the long, dark green cardigan. Even though the incoming wind on board, or coldness in general, didn't affect her as much as it would any human, she knew it would still be chilly for her, running around with only a tank top.

When Lucind indicated she was ready to go, the dragon cleared his throat. And Maximos grumbled, slowly shaking his head.
The way the dragon was treated, especially the man's sarcasm and threat to drown him only caused his frustration and indignation to increase - especially since one teapot Oswald Fletcher knew he didn't have more pull in these arguments. Or maybe, there just was no chance for him to bring in some truth, not without completely humiliating himself.

And a few minutes later, after a few exchanges, Max and Lu were off and outside back on the deck. The Shadow did take a moment to offer the door to Tagis' room...a worthy foe...a smirk, before they exited to the deck as a whole.* Suddenly Lucind was addressing someone that the oblivious Maximos, lost in child-like wonderment over the ship, had yet to recognize.

And Lucind, on the other hand, was surprised to find Max knew the visitor. But it gave her a good idea where she had seen the arriving man.

"My, my," the monk said with surprise, "It's good to see you again, Mr. Dark. Or maybe I should just call you Maximos."

As Tenkai spoke, he carefully boarded the ship, maintaining an oddly stable sense of balance in spite of wearing such awkward-looking footgear. But Tenkai wore them so much that he hardly noticed the difference aside from a few benefits they provided...aside from the fact that they were a bit noisy against a wooden deck.

The Siren indeed had found an interest in the man's wooden sandals. She liked the getas' unusual design and remembered an order of monks living in a swampy area in Azum's West, which she had never visited herself but met a few members while staying in Nikalanta.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Tenkai said, stopping himself, "Should I take these off before boarding?" He gestured to his footgear, wondering if the noise was bothersome to his hosts.

"No, there's really no need for that!" Lucind greeted him with a broad smile. When it was raining the woman indeed preferred to take off her shoes in her or Tagis' room. But no drop of water accompanied the current wind.

"So, Mr. Tenkai. What can I do for you? What brought you here to this ship?"

*((Right, what I still meant to tell you is: m'sorry, my ground plan isn't as easy understandable than I thought. The living room and Tagis' room behind, as well as the kitchen and so on, are all on the same level as the main deck - so no stairs for these; there's a double door through which you can enter the living room and which lies directly next to the staircase leading up to Lu's room. You don't have to change your description here, though. Just wanted to let you know for the futere^^))  

Lucind Varhetel

Maximos
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:03 am
Lu asked if Izzette was still holding his top hat: she had seen most of that fight but only found out about the item "exchange" when meeting the punker herself. Not without some amusement in her voice, she told Max that Ms. Prechtl had called him a comic book hero and had found the idea of them being a couple extremely weird and funny.

This caused Maximos' straight face, to crack, and then crumble into a fit of seemingly unwarranted laughter! I mean a giggle was one thing, even a chuckle. But this was a side-splitting belly laugh. He even held his sides as he laughed and suddenly broke the laughter to proclaim...

So thats why you said that!

Lu had very vehemently warned Izette of how close she had come to death in her match last round. Because of her boyfriend...this confused Max. Now the confusion was clear, and calming his laughter enough that he could speak through it, Maximos shared with Lu an explanation.

More specifically, he informed her how during Eclipse's match with Raptus Regulatier, Maximos had fought a Miss Nocere Poema, and Ryugi Kazamaru had fought Izette Prechtel. That Ryugi had been dubbed, "Comic Book Hero", a fitting title, once Izzy explain it. And that the idea of the Siren pairing up with the dragon was indeed quite hilarious. And that Izzy had, as she had informed him, left their match very confused as to why comic book hero guy was so very very dangerous. He also patted his jacket pocket, informing Lu that he had infact come "prepared", for a voyage. Which was to say that he had his eye patch and was ready to play pirate.

And then it was time for a tour. But first, a certain impromptu medical procedure.

After which, with her cheeks red, her eyes clouded and holding wickedness in their background, she looked at him, then down at her shoulder. There was a bit of blood from the unusual procedure which the Siren collected with her middle finger to directly lick it clean.

Max looked positively sinister. Oh he knew quite well what he had just done, and how abruptly he had ended the flow of such a moment. His eyes and matching grin were almost a challenge for her to do something about it. And he would then find one of her hands being placed on the nape of his neck. For a moment, Max's only regret was that he didnt lick the wound clean before backing away. Unless he had a reason to protest, and he didnt, Lucind would lean up quickly, almost forcefully, to kiss him. A kiss and a force he did not back away from, not one bit but infact pressed into. He could taste the irony sweet flavor on her lips.

Finally, she was pulling away, and eagerly his tongue slipped free and ran a wet trail along his pale, smirking, lips. So very close, so very intimately he heard her say.

"...then again, it's not really you who caused the wound in the first place."

But it would be my pleasure to take the blame. And to pay the price for it in full.

Though he only said half of that, smoothly adding on.

As its my pleasure to fix it...

Reaping whatever expression or comment he would give, Lu turned around to cover the still slightly bleeding wound: Max just grinned from ear to ear, like a satisfied cat after gulping down a mouse. Or maybe even an artist, looking proudly at a work of art. That bright hue in Maximos' right eye said that he was looking at more than what showed outside. When she was gone, Max looked at Fletcher. Smirked even wider, and just chuckled. He imagined that deep inside the dragon had just turned even greener.

Later, when he threatened the drake. And the embarrassed or ashamed or otherwise emotionally distraught creature stood silent, Maximos made it a point that he reach out to the suffering teapot...and that he pat it on its tiny head with his right hand, so that just incase it bites it would immediately regret it and patronizingly say.

Thats a good boy. Stay. Keep that nice and warm.

He was being a tad cruel. And a few minutes later, after a few exchanges, Max and Lu were off and outside back on the deck. And Max was greeting Mr. Matsumoto, who in term greeted him.

Maximos smiled his trademark warm smile. The sort of smile that makes it seem as if hes known an individual for most his life and would trust them with the world. Even if they just met, and he said.

Likewise my friend, and Maximos is fine, no need for such formalities amongst friends.

Max chuckled a bit at the small issue of etiquette regarding Tenkai's most unique brand of footwear. As Tenkai boarded the ship, Maximos gestured to Lucind, and then to the monk and said.

Ah! Where are my manners! Lucind, meet Tenkai Matsumoto. We met during the tournament, just after eliminations in fact.

And then gestured from the monk back to Lucind, and finally made a passing gesture to the ship as a whole, adding on...

Tenkai, meet Lucind Varhetel. She just so happens to own this whole establishment. Infact, we were about to take a tour.

And with his gentlemanly duty complete, he fell silent allowing the two to, infact meet or speak as the case may be. Was there to be a handshake? A nod? A trade off of more personal information? There was obviously more to both individuals, and more to Maximos' interaction with either individual in question. But the Shadow had kept the information in the introduction to a minimum just in case. As versed in the rules of formal conduct as Maximos may be, the code of conduct on Lucind's ship, was hers to decide. Max was content to smile, and take in the ship as a whole.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:02 pm
Likewise my friend, and Maximos is fine, no need for such formalities amongst friends.

"Oh, of course," replied the monk, feeling a bit silly for being so formal. "Likewise, you may call me Tenkai if it is easier for you."

"No, there's really no need for that!" Lucind had replied in response to Tenkai's inquiry about his footgear. It seemed as if the noise they made was hardly a detriment to his hosts. He'd keep them on unless there was need to get more comfortable.

Ah! Where are my manners! Lucind, meet Tenkai Matsumoto. We met during the tournament, just after eliminations in fact.

And then Maximos gestured from the monk back to Lucind, and finally made a passing gesture to the ship as a whole, adding on...

Tenkai, meet Lucind Varhetel. She just so happens to own this whole establishment. Infact, we were about to take a tour.

And with his gentlemanly duty complete, Maximos fell silent allowing the two to, infact meet or speak as the case may be. Was there to be a handshake? A nod? A trade off of more personal information?...

Maximos's introduction lit a spark in Tenkai's mind that spun the cogs of his memory banks. The name "Lucind Varhetel" popped right out of storage.

"Oh! I knew you looked familiar!" said Tenkai, "You're from Team Mythos, aren't you? I've always wanted to meet you and your teammates. It's truly a pleasure."

He extended his right hand from his robe, which was oddly covered in a silverish-looking metal gauntlet with leather padding on the palm side. If she accepted his handshake, he would bring his left hand in to close around the other side of her hand in a double-handed shake, which was very common in Japan. Tenkai's left hand was wrapped in gauze with a small rosary necklace wrapped around the hand and forearm. Oddly enough, it was unlike the Buddhist rosary hanging from his neck, for some reason...

"I was actually just wandering about the docks," he said. He left out the part about the almsgiving, as it would be improper to speak about such acts when they were simply meant to be done. He didn't want to grow too proud of his deeds.

But that was when Tenkai recalled Maximos speaking about this ship as an "establishment", with Lucind as the owner. The monk would rather think of sailing ships as vessels rather than establishments like taverns and stores. Unless there was something he wasn't privy to.

"So, you're the owner of this 'establishment'?" Tenkai asked Lucind, "Forgive me for my lack of knowledge, but what is your establishment upon this vessel?"  

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

Lucind Varhetel

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:37 am
"...then again, it's not really you who caused the wound in the first place."

But it would be my pleasure to take the blame. And to pay the price for it in full.

Though he only said half of that, smoothly adding on.

As its my pleasure to fix it...

Loving softness teamed up with velvet madness on the Siren's face when she heard his words and fathomed the outlines of his thought through his voice. She replied, right before turning around to cover the slightly bleeding wound:

"That is a daring wish to make, my love. But you will get your chance to comply with it...later on."

Max just grinned from ear to ear, like a satisfied cat after gulping down a mouse. Or maybe even an artist, looking proudly at a work of art. That bright hue in Maximos' right eye said that he was looking at more than what showed outside. When she was gone, Max looked at Fletcher. Smirked even wider, and just chuckled. He imagined that deep inside the dragon had just turned even greener, which was not too far from reality. And the teapot growled when the Shadow patted him. Mr. Fletcher wanted to bite, struggle, clamor, but he knew it wouldn't bring him anywhere - aside, maybe, from the offending defines of the box in which he came here, or something worse, darker and indefinitely harder to escape. Therefore, all he brought out was a hissed, Don't touch me.

Later on, when Lucind found out Maximos and the monk knew each other, she lightly bowed at Mr. Tenkai, then nodded in recognition as she had found the answer to the question as to where she had seen the man before.

"Oh! I knew you looked familiar!" said Tenkai, "You're from Team Mythos, aren't you? I've always wanted to meet you and your teammates. It's truly a pleasure."

"The pleasure is mine, Mr. Tenkai. That's right, I'm with Mythos - and I'd say you'd be surprised if you met the whole team: we barely know each other but still get along pretty well."

She chuckled and accepted the hand he extended from his robe, which was oddly covered in a silverish-looking metal gauntlet with leather padding on the palm side. He would bring his left hand in to close around the other side of her hand in a double-handed shake, which was very common in Japan. But since Lucind had never heard of that country before, nor of its customs, the way he greeted her only caused the image of him being open-hearted and friendly.

"I was actually just wandering about the docks," he said.
"So, you're the owner of this 'establishment'?" Tenkai asked Lucind, "Forgive me for my lack of knowledge, but what is your establishment upon this vessel?"

"Please, don't apologize. The business I started on the Feiruza is still at its very beginnings, so it's no shame not to have heard of it yet."

Letting her look wander over the deck before coming back to the monk, she went on: "Basically, this ship holds my new bookstore.
It is, however, not your ordinary location to purchase a nice bedtime read." Maybe Maximos would notice that here, Lu's tone changed ever so slightly - if it was intended or came unconsciously, one couldn't say -, as if she had just begun telling a fairytale, using her Sirenic charm to indicate she was about to introduce something special. And not enitrely harmless.

"The books I have here aren't of the kind you can purchase in a normal store: no mainstream, no bestseller huge stack titles. Many of the volumes the Feiruza holds in its belly are unique, some are even said to contain special powers.

People may come here to buy those or exchange them for another extraordinary book. But to meet the value of my books, the price, that is, the equivalent has to be extraordinary as well. And I'm not necessarily speaking of material quality..."

The Siren's smile was that of a woman who enjoyed playing the mysterious hostess. But nontheless, her words made clear she wasn't serving empty phrases.

"Like Maximos just said, I was about to show him around. Please, Mr. Tenkai, feel invited to follow us - unless, of course, there is other urgent business calling for you."  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:28 am
Maximos smirked, Lu and Tenkai were getting along swimmingly. Thats really the most any man can hope for. Maximos allowd the two their introduction as he, caught up in the childish curiosity which led him into so much trouble, began to explore the deck.

Maximos' mind read the ship in two ways. One, as an exploring taking note of its craftsmanship, its beauty, the swirling residual essences left behind by crew members at work. As he ran his right hand against a mast he felt the love, and effort placed into raising it, into cutting the wood, he felt Feiruza as if she was alive, because he felt all the life expended on it. Every curve, every cut, every bound rope, even every small imperfection stood out as part of the artistry that was the ship.

At the same time, Maximos saw the ship with a light to tomorrows journey. There was a part of him just as much bound to the pain and chaos of combat as it was to beauty and artistry. Max saw which ropes were loose enough for him to grab, exactly how many footsteps it would take for him to cross the deck. He timed a run in his mind. He measured a jump, calculated the force it would take to toss a man across. He measured the space between barrels and walls, between railings and gratings, how and in what angle could he swing a sword? His hand ran along a barrel moving it slightly feeling out its weight. What would be the best weapon for combat on this vessel? What was a suitable hand hold? Foothold? What could he kick off of? What could support his weight? His sword cut cut that rope, and what did it lead to?

With a simple smile on his pale face Maximos studied an artwork, and an arena. He would be already remarkably familiar with both by the time Lucind said...

"Basically, this ship holds my new bookstore. It is, however, not your ordinary location to purchase a nice bedtime read."

At which point he would look backwards over his shoulder and toss a grin in her direction. He always loved that tone, sly, sneaky, yet at the same time trustworthy. It was in every way like a fairy tale, seemingly harmless and cute and yet just beneath the surface it was dark and powerful.

"The books I have here aren't of the kind you can purchase in a normal store: no mainstream, no bestseller huge stack titles. Many of the volumes the Feiruza holds in its belly are unique, some are even said to contain special powers.

People may come here to buy those or exchange them for another extraordinary book. But to meet the value of my books, the price, that is, the equivalent has to be extraordinary as well. And I'm not necessarily speaking of material quality..."

Still grinning, the Shadow made his way back from the far end of the deck, running his hands along each other, swiping off a bit of dust and sea salt from the lashing waves. His eyes were set on Lucind and rolled to Tenkai, and back, silent as she said all that needed to be said in her request. He offered the monk a silent, It would be fun! Sort of grin. And waited for his answer.

"Like Maximos just said, I was about to show him around. Please, Mr. Tenkai, feel invited to follow us - unless, of course, there is other urgent business calling for you."  

Maximos
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out