Welcome to Gaia! ::

.: Epic :.

Back to Guilds

For writers of all ages and skill levels to create art with words and read others' work. Share your words with Gaia! 

Tags: Writing, Literature, Stories, Epic, Poetry 

Reply .: General Discussion :.
.: Rules :. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Athnai
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:08 pm
Yes, yes... I like it muchly. Feel free to post it. I'll add to it as well. ^^

If I add anything myself I'll put it in a gray colored font, okay?

If you haven't already (I haven't checked yet sweatdrop ) you can post it in writing discussion, and I'll make it a sticky. Should we allow other members to post in the thread and suggest things?

Oh, and I think we should add a part in the comma section. I see a LOT of people using commas in sentences to link two things that could stand on sentences on their own. There should be a semicolon or a conjunction. So I think we actually need a whole section on it. It really gets that bad sometimes. -.-;;

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:24 pm
Awesome! I actually talk about that in the commas section, and refer to the Colons/Semicolons section when I talk about how to properly use them. I know a lot of people avoid the use of semicolons, though, because they don't understand them, but I think they're rather beautiful when used. Perhaps I should put it up in the section with Basics...?

We'll see. I should have it posted within the hour (I wrote most of it up, now I just have to type it. biggrin ), and you can edit it once it's there. Glad you like it, though!

Edit: What should I call the post? Hmm....

Kassandra Dastardly
Crew

Athnai
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:58 pm
Okay, cool. You have no idea how much this helps out, thank you so very much. ^^ heart

I just posted an advertisement for the guild in the Gaia Guild Forums, so hopefully it might attract a few people.

I like using semicolons; it makes the words just flow sometimes, you know? In my head, at least. I cringe whenever I see a misused semicolon, which, thankfully, isn't often.

Edit: Oh, and you should call it something like "Grammar Guide for the Grammar Illiterate," or something of that sort. Or just "Grammar Guide." Or perhaps "Kassandra's Guide to Grammar?" That could work. I dunno, whatever you think is best. ^^

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:17 pm
No problem!

The advertisement should definitely do the trick. I put a link in my sig, so that when I post, people can come here if they're interested. biggrin

And I know what you mean about semicolons. When I'm texting someone on my phone, I constantly have to remind myself that there isn't a semicolon available on my keyboard to type. sweatdrop

Edit: I went with: An Epic Grammar Guide for the Grammar Illiterate. biggrin

Kassandra Dastardly
Crew

Athnai
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:34 pm
Oh my gosh. That name is so super special awesome. XD

I don't have a cell, though, so I have ZERO texting abilities. ):

But yay~ we got four more members. smile I'm so happy!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:30 pm
Thank you! I hoped you might like that title. biggrin

And YAY NEW MEMBERS!!! I'm so excited!!! Maybe we should start a thread for all members to introduce themselves. That way we can all get to know each other.

Kassandra Dastardly
Crew

Athnai
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:16 pm
Yes, I'll do that now, and make it a sticky, as well. ^^ Great idea.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:39 am
I spent the weekend coming up with additions for the guild, and here they are! biggrin

1. Maybe there could be a section where people can post up pictures/manga versions of their characters.
2. Since this is a writing guild, maybe there should be a part where people can discuss books they've read, or maybe that should just stay in the General Discussion or Crew thread?
3. If people want to come up with a story but can't think of anything, maybe there could be a subforum where members can give each other ideas for stories.
4. How about adding playwrights in, since this is a writing guild? Or did you already, and I just didn't catch that? sweatdrop
5. Perhaps in addition to maturity level, people should give a religious warning (in case there is one, because I think there'll be one in my story).
6. Maybe on the front page, in addition to any other warnings, you could add that a grammatically correct username is strongly recommended.
7. Again on the front page, maybe you could add a password that people have to add in their requests to join to prove that they read it, just to get an idea of how serious they are about joining and contributing to the guild.
8. Maybe you could add a sequels subforum, or should that be limited the the ones already posted?
9. Maybe to stir interest, you could have a signature request thread to allow guild members to create their own signatures to advertise the guild.

These are just ideas, so if you don't like any of them, that's okay. But, I hoped they helped at least a little! biggrin  

Recohn

Dapper Smoker

4,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100

Athnai
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:36 pm
lol, CC-chan.

1. I was going to put one up, but I gues I forgot. I'll do it in a bit.
2. Witing Discussion (Soon to be Literary Discussion.)
3. Story Ideas (sub-forum)
4. Those would go to their respective sections, except Acts or Scenes would count as Chapters.
5. Yes, yes, I'll palce that in the Rules psot.
6. Good idea. I'm not too particular about names if the writing's good, but how their username is written does count for a little something, expecially if their grammar and spelling is not up to par.
7. ... When I add things like that, it ends up as a wild goose chase where if you don't pay attention you'll end up not putting the right word. XD
8. It would be placed in one of the existing forums.
9. Please explain further.

.: General Discussion :.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces