Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fix Offers On Gaia!

Back to Guilds

This guild was created to help Gaians speak up about the offers. 

Reply Our Chatterbox
Will Gaia become like Facebook? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lil_kitty_TNA

Beloved Friend

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:01 pm
I hope not :/. Facebook's changed a lot. I like the old old old layout, where it's not "Stalker" ish.
And where you can actually post on your own profile.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:19 pm
Oh please God, no. I came to Gaia to have a non-prepinist social website.

By the way, prepinist is a word I came up with. It means to be, or to support the being of a prep.

I can't stand preps, and they thrive on Facebook and Myspace, so I really wish Gaia doesn't become that. Don't like me got it, please get over it.  

Gogethem89

LuLu Saneless

2,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:22 am
Personally, floating footers annoy me.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:00 pm
LuLu Saneless

"We never know how high we are, Till we are called to rise;"

Thank god I'm not the only one who hates this floating piece of crap on my page. And whenever I click the arrow to withdraw it, when I go to a new page, it appears again. Wth?

"And then, if we are true to plan, Our statures touch the skies—"

Lady Corellon

LuLu Saneless

2,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:56 pm
Lady Corellon
LuLu Saneless

"We never know how high we are, Till we are called to rise;"

Thank god I'm not the only one who hates this floating piece of crap on my page. And whenever I click the arrow to withdraw it, when I go to a new page, it appears again. Wth?

"And then, if we are true to plan, Our statures touch the skies—"
Dude! I know, right? Too many of these social networking sites are becoming uniform. The only thing different is that Gaia has avatars.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:01 pm
Gogethem89
By the way, prepinist is a word I came up with. It means to be, or to support the being of a prep.
I can't stand preps, and they thrive on Facebook and Myspace, so I really wish Gaia doesn't become that. Don't like me got it, please get over it.
... stare

Judging people by labels is superficial and immature...

I don't like the whole "I'm a prep! I'm a goth! I'm emo! I'm a jock!" crap. It's just another way of dividing people as opposed to unifying them.

This isn't about making Gaia "preppy." This is about making Gaia like every other social networking site on the web.  

LuLu Saneless

2,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

abandoned_nr_5448214

Gambino Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:54 am
.... *hides preppy clothes*
Sorry for being the wrong kind! crying

As it is now I'm using all sorts of applications to keep gaia changes away. BetterGaia, old nav. bar... anything. BG provides the same links as the footer - but without the footer - so I disabled the thing first thing this morning. If gaia wants to change it's look every ten seconds like the teens it's directed to... fine. I guess I'm to old to understand (even if I didn't really like it when I was younger either) but there's at least gaians out there with programming skills that are willing to save me.
In a few days, when my new heroes have worked around the updates, gaia will once again look just like I want it to. Purple, linky and with the background of my choice ("legacy" - although the other nine options are nice as well)

Yes, I'm trying to market this thing XD sorry for sounding like a sappy add, I'm just happy for finding it and wants to spread the love.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:56 pm
I honestly don't care what 'label' people choose to go by. What I hate is how Gaia's losing its anonymity. They ARE becoming like MySpace and Facebook, with this texting and GAIM stuff, people posting their IRL pictures everywhere, etc. And now the offers, that ask for PERSONAL info. Despite one of Gaia's little rules being to never give personal info out to strangers over the internet.

It's a PG-13 website, with CHILDREN on it, and they're opening things up for creepers, *****, and stalkers.

And it is annoying that they're changing their site to draw in the same sorts of people who go on those social sites. People who only use the internet to tell the world all about their life, blog about their boyfriend dumping them or their mom taking their cell phone away, or just to show off the results of their latest camera-whoring spree. Anymore, you're a loser on this site if you like anime and other nerdy stuff, and there's hardly any decent roleplayers around anymore.

Trinket Box Doll

Eloquent Vampire

abandoned_nr_5448214

Gambino Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:48 pm
For better or for worse - manga and anime was on it's way out already in -07 if not earlier XP  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:37 pm
Hey, they did give you a choice, the footer doesnt have to be ther, go to your account sttings an look around, theres a thing that ets you turn the footer off. But they gave nothing for adds i think, sux, but at least i dont have to deal with the footer, i turned it off.  

Therealpayne

S Metal Crusader B

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:00 am
LuLu Saneless
Gogethem89
... stare

Judging people by labels is superficial and immature...

I don't like the whole "I'm a prep! I'm a goth! I'm emo! I'm a jock!" crap. It's just another way of dividing people as opposed to unifying them.

This isn't about making Gaia "preppy." This is about making Gaia like every other social networking site on the web.

This.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:24 pm
I get nostalgic when I look at the header that I still have from way back in the beginning. The whole feel of Gaia from that time is off. I'm getting used to this Gaia, because I had left it for years and I don't remember the old Gaia much. .__.  

EllyAngelYukizato

Generous Fatcat

13,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

LuLu Saneless

2,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:34 pm
The_Witch_Aryllia
For better or for worse - manga and anime was on it's way out already in -07 if not earlier XP
God help us. The thing this site was based on is "out-of-style." What has the world come to?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:12 pm
When the new footer thing came out, they said it wouldn't be that
bulky or whatever. Yeah right, Gaia. rolleyes Big brown and white
stripe on the bottom of my screen won't be distracting or annoying
at all. [/sarcasm] Anyway, I downloaded Adblock for Firefox, and I
adblocked the image that is used for the background, so now it's not
there. The buttons are still there, but they're much more inconspicuous.

KairiWillSwantonYou

Dapper Hunter

Bmwanz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:31 pm
Facebook is not all that bad; i use it to keep in touch with my friends who i dont see much anymore.
however, i dont like the fact that gaia is basically copying facebook almost, with the bottom bar and the buddy chat pop up thing in the lower right.  
Our Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff