Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mixed Martial Arts MMA Fanatics

Back to Guilds

This is for anyone who loves MMA 

Tags: Mixed, Martial, Arts, mma ufc, fight 

Reply Heavyweights(Talks about UFC and Other major promotions)
Machida v Rua Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who will win?
Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

Regral
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:27 am
The_Akatsuki_xMOBx_df36
Its Funny you all think Shogun gonna lose I believe he gonna destory Lyoto.
I hope is true Shogun is my boy seen him since he's first Japanese PPV fight  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:17 am
Regral
The_Akatsuki_xMOBx_df36

Its not a hope its gonna happen Lyoto hasnt fought no one as good as the shogun.  

IAmTooC0zy

Regral
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:13 pm
The_Akatsuki_xMOBx_df36
Regral
The_Akatsuki_xMOBx_df36

Its not a hope its gonna happen Lyoto hasnt fought no one as good as the shogun.
ill have to disagree with that, Machida's wins Are pretty much a who's who of MMA with wins over a few legends of MMA  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:05 pm
Regral
The_Akatsuki_xMOBx_df36
Regral
The_Akatsuki_xMOBx_df36

ill have to disagree with that, Machida's wins Are pretty much a who's who of MMA with wins over a few legends of MMA

machida wins are very impressive no matter what any one says he has beat the best in the buisness i believe he is the best technition in ufc at this time he always has the perfect strategy going into a fight he fought thiago siva and didnt even take a punch  

Evaded_Death

Regral
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:38 pm
mega drakkin lord
Regral
The_Akatsuki_xMOBx_df36
Regral
The_Akatsuki_xMOBx_df36

machida wins are very impressive no matter what any one says he has beat the best in the buisness i believe he is the best technition in ufc at this time he always has the perfect strategy going into a fight he fought thiago siva and didnt even take a punch
Not really that he has a perfect game plan, Machida just excels In fighter where the other fighter is agressive and he capitalizes and makes advantage of is inhuman dodging and sidestep abillity, his gameplans are solid but he abandons them sometimes to try to finish , even though he did finish vs rashard he game plan was not to burst out and swing for the fence because he smelled blood, if he tries that with Rua He could get Ko'ed  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:16 pm
Regral
mega drakkin lord
Regral
The_Akatsuki_xMOBx_df36
Regral
The_Akatsuki_xMOBx_df36

Not really that he has a perfect game plan, Machida just excels In fighter where the other fighter is agressive and he capitalizes and makes advantage of is inhuman dodging and sidestep abillity, his gameplans are solid but he abandons them sometimes to try to finish , even though he did finish vs rashard he game plan was not to burst out and swing for the fence because he smelled blood, if he tries that with Rua He could get Ko'ed

No not really the only person Machida fought that he beat that was good was rashad other than that he anit fought s**t. shogun has fought rampage chuck colmen antio. As where machida really hasnt fought big names yet yes he is hard to hit but I still believe he will lose in the end.  

IAmTooC0zy

Regral
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:45 am
Quote:

No not really the only person Machida fought that he beat that was good was rashad other than that he anit fought s**t. shogun has fought rampage chuck colmen antio. As where machida really hasnt fought big names yet yes he is hard to hit but I still believe he will lose in the end.

thats the most insane thing ive heard

Win Rashad Evans KO (Punches) UFC 98 - Evans vs. Machida 5/23/2009 2 3:57
Win Thiago Silva KO (Punches) UFC 94 - St. Pierre vs. Penn 2 1/31/2009 1 4:59
Win Tito Ortiz Decision (Unanimous) UFC 84 - Ill Will 5/24/2008 3 5:00
Win Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou Submission (Arm Triangle Choke) UFC 79 - Nemesis 12/29/2007 2 4:20
Win Kazuhiro Nakamura Decision (Unanimous) UFC 76 - Knockout 9/22/2007 3 5:00
Win David Heath Decision (Unanimous) UFC 70 - Nations Collide 4/21/2007 3 5:00
Win Sam Hoger Decision (Unanimous) UFC 67 - All or Nothing 2/3/2007 3 5:00
Win Vernon White Decision (Unanimous) WFA - King of the Streets 7/22/2006 3 5:00
Win Dimitri Wanderley TKO (Exhaustion) JF 6 - Jungle Fight 6 4/29/2006 3 3:24
Win B.J. Penn Decision (Unanimous) K-1 - Hero's 1 3/26/2005 3 5:00
Win Sam Greco Decision (Split) K-1 MMA - ROMANEX 5/22/2004 3 5:00
Win Michael McDonald Submission (Forearm Choke) K-1 - Beast 2004 3/14/2004 1 2:30
Win Rich Franklin TKO (Head Kick and Punches) Inoki Bom-Ba-Ye 2003 - Inoki Festival 12/31/2003 2 1:03
Win Stephan Bonnar TKO (Cut) JF 1 - Jungle Fight 1 9/13/2003 1 4:21
Win Kengo Watanabe Decision (Unanimous) NJPW - Ultimate Crush 5/2/2003 3 5:00

This does not look like a list of nobodies over 85% are top world material or have fought top level comp to say machida's only big win is rashad means you need to learn A little about the fighter first, Rich franklin(top 10 LHW), B.J penn(PFP Ranked, Top LW), Bonnar(great fighter), Micheal Mac(Top K-1 Kickboxer), Sam Greco(Top Kickboxer), Tito Ortiz(great fighter),Thiago Silva( Beast Period.),Rashad Evans(Great fighter First loss)

To me looks like a list of the who's who of MMA...Im not taking anything away from Rua, As I said I want rua to win but I cannot take away the fact machida has the skills and credentials that you seem to not give him credit for  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:22 pm
Regral
Quote:

Win Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou Submission (Arm Triangle Choke) UFC 79 - Nemesis 12/29/2007 2 4:20
Win Vernon White Decision (Unanimous) WFA - King of the Streets 7/22/2006 3 5:00
Win Michael McDonald Submission (Forearm Choke) K-1 - Beast 2004 3/14/2004 1 2:30
Win Rich Franklin TKO (Head Kick and Punches) Inoki Bom-Ba-Ye 2003 - Inoki Festival 12/31/2003 2 1:03

This does not look like a list of nobodies over 85% are top world material or have fought top level comp to say machida's only big win is rashad means you need to learn A little about the fighter first, Rich franklin(top 10 LHW), B.J penn(PFP Ranked, Top LW), Bonnar(great fighter), Micheal Mac(Top K-1 Kickboxer), Sam Greco(Top Kickboxer), Tito Ortiz(great fighter),Thiago Silva( Beast Period.),Rashad Evans(Great fighter First loss)

To me looks like a list of the who's who of MMA...Im not taking anything away from Rua, As I said I want rua to win but I cannot take away the fact machida has the skills and credentials that you seem to not give him credit for

No doubt Machida has been in the ring/cage with some monsters ... and don't forget Sokoudjou and Kazuhiro Nakamura ... those two were veterans of Pride ... Sokoudjou knocked out Lil' Nog and Ricardo Arona ... everyone though he was going to destroy Machida ... Machida seemed to be playing with him ... same with Nakamura ... he fought a whos-who in MMA ... they thought his expeirence would overcome Machida ... not even close ... so yeah ... Machida is more than ready for Shogun ... Shogun will have to fight the perfect fight to beat Machida ...  

baka_boy1221

Regral
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:29 pm
baka_boy1221
Regral
Quote:

No doubt Machida has been in the ring/cage with some monsters ... and don't forget Sokoudjou and Kazuhiro Nakamura ... those two were veterans of Pride ... Sokoudjou knocked out Lil' Nog and Ricardo Arona ... everyone though he was going to destroy Machida ... Machida seemed to be playing with him ... same with Nakamura ... he fought a whos-who in MMA ... they thought his expeirence would overcome Machida ... not even close ... so yeah ... Machida is more than ready for Shogun ... Shogun will have to fight the perfect fight to beat Machida ...

Im thinking not really a perfect fight but must not get hasty like he does because if he chases machida is is going to lose  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:44 pm
Regral
baka_boy1221
Regral
Quote:

Im thinking not really a perfect fight but must not get hasty like he does because if he chases machida is is going to lose

definitely ...  

baka_boy1221

redraptor06
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:21 am
I'm going for Machida myself.

Have u seen that fight long ago with BJ vs Machida??? that was an odd one.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:34 pm
redraptor06

lol, Bj at his fattest, it was a weird fight Bj got beat up pretty bad but still did well considering, Machida vs Franklin was my fav  

Regral
Captain

Evaded_Death

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:06 pm
Regral
mega drakkin lord
Regral
The_Akatsuki_xMOBx_df36
Regral
The_Akatsuki_xMOBx_df36

but the reason he is such a great fighter is because he understands when to let loose and when not too plus i think machida will win if he rua trys to take him to the ground he has that nice submission win over sokudague (sorry if i spelt his name wrong)  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:11 am
UFC 104 this weekend ... this is going to be good ...  

baka_boy1221

redraptor06
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:02 pm
Regral
redraptor06

lol, Bj at his fattest, it was a weird fight Bj got beat up pretty bad but still did well considering, Machida vs Franklin was my fav

lol yea he was insanely fat. Did he do that because he had to in order to move up in weight class or was it just him being lazy???  
Heavyweights(Talks about UFC and Other major promotions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games