Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fix Offers On Gaia!

Back to Guilds

This guild was created to help Gaians speak up about the offers. 

Reply Safer Offers
Yet another RIG Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ridiculous?
  Yes
View Results

LuLu Saneless

2,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:36 pm
GigaForte
Azrael is based off what Gaia's artists thought would make all the little children on gaia think "OMG THAT PICCY IS SO PRETTY/HARDCORR I SHULD TOTALLY BUY THE THINGY".

The picture has absolutely no poetic or religious background, although I wish it did.
I agree with this.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:53 pm
Yeah they sorta abandoned deep meaningful things back before the "suspicious packages" and anorexic shop keepers.  

Starlight Strawberries

abandoned_nr_5448214

Gambino Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:57 am
pokerules22
Satan was one of God's angels, and he was handsome and powerful. He started to think that he was better than God and that he should rule everything. God then banished him and his followers from heaven onto earth. Satan is sometimes considered the king of the earth. Satan also lost his handsomeness. God is the king of everything. Including Satan. Satan knows that he will have to spend eternity suffering in hell with his followers, so he tries to get as many people as possible to suffer with him.

This dude is probably based off of one of Satan's followers, or demons.

I just get sorta touchy on this subject. >_<

Wrong name. Sorry, I know I'm rambling off topic, I just want to get this out of my system XP
Satan means prosecutor (roughly, I'm translating from the top of my head here) and if you read the old testament, his job is to test the humans if they were faithful to God and all that. He did well. As nice a loved as any lawyer (that is - not much).
LUCIFER (bringer of light - sorta) was the fallen angel, who was kicked out of God's grace for refusing to bow for anyone else than God, even when God ordered him (and every other angel) to bow for the first humans. Well, in one version at least - there are multiple stories as it is a very popular theme in art, music and literature XP

Anyway, the image of the devil have changed like, dozens of times through history and heaps of different characters have been melted into the image, so he is pretty much more fiction then anything. Writers who wanted to write on forbidding topics a long time ago would use the devil so that they could say "Well he IS the source of all evil so we should picture him like this."

Very roughly, the evolution should be something like this:

Other peoples gods (Ball and Seebub) -> various monsters (Pan, trolls etc) -> a bad influence manifested through foul things (Flies, stench) -> goat monster (witch trials) -> philosopher on religious/moral subjects (Mefistofeles, roughly 18th century) -> Lucifer (19th century) -> modern image (goat again biggrin )  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:33 pm
The_Witch_Aryllia
pokerules22
Satan was one of God's angels, and he was handsome and powerful. He started to think that he was better than God and that he should rule everything. God then banished him and his followers from heaven onto earth. Satan is sometimes considered the king of the earth. Satan also lost his handsomeness. God is the king of everything. Including Satan. Satan knows that he will have to spend eternity suffering in hell with his followers, so he tries to get as many people as possible to suffer with him.

This dude is probably based off of one of Satan's followers, or demons.

I just get sorta touchy on this subject. >_<

Wrong name. Sorry, I know I'm rambling off topic, I just want to get this out of my system XP
Satan means prosecutor (roughly, I'm translating from the top of my head here) and if you read the old testament, his job is to test the humans if they were faithful to God and all that. He did well. As nice a loved as any lawyer (that is - not much).
LUCIFER (bringer of light - sorta) was the fallen angel, who was kicked out of God's grace for refusing to bow for anyone else than God, even when God ordered him (and every other angel) to bow for the first humans. Well, in one version at least - there are multiple stories as it is a very popular theme in art, music and literature XP

Anyway, the image of the devil have changed like, dozens of times through history and heaps of different characters have been melted into the image, so he is pretty much more fiction then anything. Writers who wanted to write on forbidding topics a long time ago would use the devil so that they could say "Well he IS the source of all evil so we should picture him like this."

Very roughly, the evolution should be something like this:

Other peoples gods (Ball and Seebub) -> various monsters (Pan, trolls etc) -> a bad influence manifested through foul things (Flies, stench) -> goat monster (witch trials) -> philosopher on religious/moral subjects (Mefistofeles, roughly 18th century) -> Lucifer (19th century) -> modern image (goat again biggrin )

But he still is pretty much the same person. Not a very good role model now, is he?
And I agree w/ GigaForte: Its just a thing for kids to go "IZZZZ SO AWSUMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!"  

pokerules22

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200

LuLu Saneless

2,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:32 am
Starlight Strawberries
Yeah they sorta abandoned deep meaningful things back before the "suspicious packages" and anorexic shop keepers.
I know, dude. As if the media didn't have ENOUGH skinny anime bitches, Gaia makes more... Nice... NOT!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:34 am
Personally, I think Gaia is running out of ideas for RIGs.

Who wants to bet that there's going to be a Gambino RIG next?

HAHAHAHA FAIL.  

Sagatarius677

6,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

cherry god mother

Adventuring Duck

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:21 pm
>Sagatarius: That would be hilarious!!! xD

But I'm getting pretty sick of the RIGS being shoved down our throats. I don't use cash, and I don't intend to. I don't even WANT a RIG, so why won't they leave me alone!? Is there any way I can get rid of the animals who show up next to my avatar?

I don't want to have to shoot the kitty.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:24 am
cherry god mother

But I'm getting pretty sick of the RIGS being shoved down our throats. I don't use cash, and I don't intend to. I don't even WANT a RIG, so why won't they leave me alone!? Is there any way I can get rid of the animals who show up next to my avatar?

I did it by adblocking them - although that gave me problems with the event page (probably because I wasn't specific enough on what code to block)  

abandoned_nr_5448214

Gambino Gaian

cherry god mother

Adventuring Duck

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:23 am
The_Witch_Aryllia
cherry god mother

I did it by adblocking them - although that gave me problems with the event page (probably because I wasn't specific enough on what code to block)

Would that also take away the Daily Chance, though?
Hmm... Thank you!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:38 am
User Image
Nope, it does nothing to the daily chance XD
You see, adblock blocks the code from ads (or in this case, a link to the new event/rig). The code that makes the little animal is very much different from the code of the daily chance, so unless you adblock all of gaia you won't loose those dailys :]

User Image

abandoned_nr_5448214

Gambino Gaian

Lynnera

6,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:27 am
My main problem with all the rigs is how the site is forcefully shovin' them down my throat. It's like, "OKAY I GET IT, ANOTHER RIG."

I was so excited when there was a little animated animal thinger next to my avatar because I thought it was a holiday event or something INTERESTING. But no... to my disappointment it wasn't :c

I love most of the items that come out of the rigs but I can't afford to buy them so by the time I save up the item when it first comes out it's already up in the millions XD

What I'm trying to say is, I wish we had more holiday events with better items... or that they wouldn't put all the amazing ones in the Rigs, why not put them in Jigsaw or other games that are free? Not all but MAYBE some?

Safer Offers

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff