Reply Deathrock
Bella Swan likes Joy Division? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Devils Theatre

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:38 pm
No matter who it's owned by, it wont suprise me much. I do find it funny that mall goth are saying that hot topic sold out  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:09 pm
I hate when they say that Hot Topic sold out.

They didn't, they are an "alternative" trend store. In the 90's/early 2000's (or whenever they opened) Hot Topic marketed tripps and korn tee shirts and s**t like that. because that style was a popular thing, now they sell scene stuff which is wildly popular. So I mean they shifted their market but they never sold out. They never said WE ARE ABOUT THIS AND THIS ONLY. It's a mall clothing retailer and like any other they switch styles with what's popular.

So I really find it funny when kids argue about Hot Topic's "selling out."  

ZombieGinsberg
Crew

Death of Cool

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:28 pm
It's impossible for a corporate chain store, that's in hundreds of malls around the country to "sell out"  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:18 pm
exactly  

ZombieGinsberg
Crew

Devils Theatre

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:44 pm
true  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:22 am
@Death Of Cool: Thanks. My bad. sweatdrop

@Devils Theatre: Apparently I'm wrong but regardless, it's no different than those other previously mentioned stores. They sell crap that appeals to what's 'in' at the moment and only give a s**t about teh moniez. They're a store, not a personal fashion service.  

Miss Fiendette

3,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Cockroach Waltz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:12 pm
This isn't really a new development though, I've been seeing Joy Division merchandise around for years now since every band in existence started to name check them as one of their influences.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:18 am
Kristen Stewart's a pretty rad actress. It's a good thing people are being exposed to Joy Division, because not all of them are just going to be like "COOL NAME." a lot of them are actually going to check them out.

Honestly, I wouldn't listen to 9/10 the ******** music I do now had I not found Joy Division, Dead Boys, Fear, Ween, The Stooges, and Violent Femmes from playing Tony Hawk's Underground 2.

And on top of that I think we should probably be a lot more worried that America bombed the ******** hell out of Yemen, and that failed to be reported in the media. Loads of other ******** corruptions, who bloody cares if Joy Division is getting (even way the ******** more) mainstream?

I understand this response is late, but whatever.  

Marximum Philocity

Miss Fiendette

3,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:13 am
roy division

Not that late, seeing that some of the threads here are from '06 and some being still in use.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:25 am
Alien Hex Fiend
roy division

Not that late, seeing that some of the threads here are from '06 and some being still in use.

"in use" is a term you should use lightly

this place is dead

I'm hoping it picks up after the holidays...  

ZombieGinsberg
Crew

Six Bells Chime
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:37 am
xChrisThePanda
Alien Hex Fiend
roy division

this place is dead undead

Fix'd that for you.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:13 pm
xChrisThePanda
Alien Hex Fiend
roy division

this place is dead

That's why I said "some threads" rather than "many", "a lot", or "a major ******** buttload of threads". 3nodding

And Edi's kinda right about that edit. Considering this is a deathrock guild, you can only get so dead. Once we reach inactivity we can only refer to it as "undead" rather than the traditional "dead". whee [/nerd]  

Miss Fiendette

3,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Six Bells Chime
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:12 pm
Alien Hex Fiend
xChrisThePanda
Alien Hex Fiend
roy division

this place is dead

That's why I said "some threads" rather than "many", "a lot", or "a major ******** buttload of threads". 3nodding

And Edi's kinda right about that edit. Considering this is a deathrock guild, you can only get so dead. Once we reach inactivity we can only refer to it as "undead" rather than the traditional "dead". whee [/nerd]

whee It's fun being a nerd.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:16 pm
undead...
undead...
undead...

sorry I had to
/lulz  

ZombieGinsberg
Crew

GilAskan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:51 am
This thread really takes me back... in a nostalgic sense. For a couple years on Gaia, shooting down the idiotic statements of mallgoths was my #1 priority while posting. Mallgoths seem to have all but disappeared entirely. Emo and scene has largely died down too. I am seeing a resurgence of some mallgoth tendencies, however, amongst tweeny manga fans who are into goth-loli, which they execute extremely poorly.  
Deathrock

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff