Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mixed Martial Arts MMA Fanatics

Back to Guilds

This is for anyone who loves MMA 

Tags: Mixed, Martial, Arts, mma ufc, fight 

Reply Heavyweights(Talks about UFC and Other major promotions)
UFC 105: Couture v Vera Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who will win?
Randy "The Natural" Couture
75%
 75%  [ 6 ]
Brandon 'The Truth" Vera
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

baka_boy1221

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:01 pm
UFC 105: Couture vs Vera
Under Card

Lightweight bout: Andre Winner vs. Rolando Delgado
Winner defeated Delgado via KO (punch) at 3:22 of round 1.
Light Heavyweight bout: Alexander Gustafsson vs. Jared Hamman
Gustafsson defeated Hamman via KO (punches) at 0:41 of round 1.
Lightweight bout: Paul Kelly vs. Dennis Siver
Siver defeated Kelly via TKO (strikes) at 2:53 of round 2.
Welterweight bout: Nick Osipczak vs. Matthew Riddle
Osipczak defeated Riddle via TKO (punches) at 3:53 of round 3.
Lightweight bout: Terry Etim vs. Shannon Gugerty
Etim defeated Gugerty via submission (guillotine choke) at 1:24 of round 2.
Welterweight bout: Paul Taylor vs. John Hathaway
Hathaway defeated Taylor via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26).

Main card
Lightweight bout: Ross Pearson vs. Aaron Riley
Pearson defeated Riley via TKO (doctor stoppage) at 4:34 of Round 2.
Welterweight bout: James Wilks vs. Matt Brown
Brown defeated Wilks via TKO (punches) at 2:26 of Round 3.
Middleweight Bout: Michael Bisping vs. Denis Kang
Bisping defeated Kang via TKO (punches) at 4:24 of the Round 2.
Welterweight bout: Mike Swick vs. Dan Hardy
Hardy defeated Swick via unanimous decision [30-27, 30-27, 29-28].
Light Heavyweight bout: Randy Couture vs. Brandon Vera
Couture defeated Vera via unanimous decision [29-28, 29-28, 29-28].  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:24 pm
baka_boy1221
mega drakkin lord
redraptor06
Regral
I dunno I gave the fight to vera, Randy did nothing... the old useless can -_-' I really think randy should retire..

Yea i think it was a tough one to call but Randy is just way to slow now. I think he should honestly just use this win to retire so at least he would end on a positive note. But not many athletes ever do that.

i honestly believe your right he only landed one take down and when he did he didnt really inflict much damage i thought brandon would have won he landed some good kicks but he wasnt busy enough

What fight we're you guys watching ... Randy nullified Brandon's game (striking) ... he was muscling Vera around ... though he got hurt twice in the second round and once in the third round ... he survived ... and he enforced his game (Greco-Roman clinch and dirty boxing) ... I think Randy still has it ... he is nowhere near done ...

Agreed ... he seemed stronger than he was at heavyweight ... and I would think that he seemed slower than usually due to the fact that he was a fast heavyweight ... Couture seemed right at home ... Vera probably just had a bad night ...  

theotherbakasurvivor

theotherbakasurvivor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:26 pm
baka_boy1221
mega drakkin lord
redraptor06
Regral
I dunno I gave the fight to vera, Randy did nothing... the old useless can -_-' I really think randy should retire..

Yea i think it was a tough one to call but Randy is just way to slow now. I think he should honestly just use this win to retire so at least he would end on a positive note. But not many athletes ever do that.

i honestly believe your right he only landed one take down and when he did he didnt really inflict much damage i thought brandon would have won he landed some good kicks but he wasnt busy enough

What fight we're you guys watching ... Randy nullified Brandon's game (striking) ... he was muscling Vera around ... though he got hurt twice in the second round and once in the third round ... he survived ... and he enforced his game (Greco-Roman clinch and dirty boxing) ... I think Randy still has it ... he is nowhere near done ...

Agreed ... he seemed stronger than he was at heavyweight ... and I would think that he seemed slower than usually due to the fact that he was a fast heavyweight ... Couture seemed right at home ... Vera probably just had a bad night ...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:31 pm
theotherbakasurvivor
baka_boy1221
mega drakkin lord
redraptor06
Regral

Nullifying someones striking mean that they would have not been in trouble from the limited ammount he did recive, vera done more damage for one had the knockdown, he got just as many takedowns and won the rare exchanges, all randy did was clinch and hold seeing how the ref broke it up like 4 or 5 times, randy's striking was that of a retarded monkey and his takedowns had no spunk or anything to them. It felt like a lay n pray match on the ring. not to mention vera did well to cancel anything randy threw at him, too me vera is not a good fighter he makes boring fights but at least he did something during that 15mins in the match I think the worst damage vera took was in the sparring like a week before the fight. either way vera won on the card to me due to damage and aggression.
as for the slow comment he my have been a fast heavyweight bt you have to aso think that vera was a heavyweight aswell and he looked like lighting compared to old man Couture. If vera actuly had hands and punching accuracy it wouldent have even been a fight... but im not expecting vera to get that anytime soon  

Regral
Captain

baka_boy1221

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:21 pm
Regral
theotherbakasurvivor
baka_boy1221
mega drakkin lord
redraptor06
Regral

Nullifying someones striking mean that they would have not been in trouble from the limited ammount he did recive, vera done more damage for one had the knockdown, he got just as many takedowns and won the rare exchanges, all randy did was clinch and hold seeing how the ref broke it up like 4 or 5 times, randy's striking was that of a retarded monkey and his takedowns had no spunk or anything to them. It felt like a lay n pray match on the ring. not to mention vera did well to cancel anything randy threw at him, too me vera is not a good fighter he makes boring fights but at least he did something during that 15mins in the match I think the worst damage vera took was in the sparring like a week before the fight. either way vera won on the card to me due to damage and aggression.
as for the slow comment he my have been a fast heavyweight bt you have to aso think that vera was a heavyweight aswell and he looked like lighting compared to old man Couture. If vera actuly had hands and punching accuracy it wouldent have even been a fight... but im not expecting vera to get that anytime soon

But Vera never showed speedin the heavyweight division ... he showed more power with his strikes ...

And perhaps Randy didn't land any damage in the clinch ... and Vera stuffed the takedown attempts ... but Vera could have done damage from that clinch also ... but he didn't ... he could have easily landed knees and elbows from that clinch ... it was kind of that Tim Sylvia fight ... where Vera didn't throw that many due to the fact that maybe he was afraid of getting taken down ...

I still stand behind my belief that Randy won that fight ... Vera was probably just having a bad one ... but no doubt will get better from this ...  
Heavyweights(Talks about UFC and Other major promotions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games