Confusing!!!!
  A bully!!!!
  Molested at a young age!!!!
View Results

applegater42

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:48 pm
i think snape is not really evil just deeply, DEEPLY disturbed sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:18 pm
hmmmm... i just think that snape is plaaaain evil!  

Soccerjoe
Captain

Purrple Neko

Beloved Cat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:31 pm
even tho i hate the man i still think somehow he has always been loyal to dumbledore... im really suprised that i still think he is good, when i wanted to kill him when he killed dumbledore crying also i think dumbledore set up his own death to think that voldermort can threaten Hogwarts or somethig like thats ^^;  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:27 pm
Soccerjoe
jassylovesdraco
angelicpyro
I've liked him since the beginning. I like the smarmy, evil people. I can't help it. xd

yeah, same here lol

u serious? i like funny people like fred and george... but evil people like snape?

Evil people rock my socks. It's something about the fact that they just don't care that makes them appealing, I guess. That, and I relate well.

I have a soft spot for people that can me laugh, as well. The Weasley twins are pretty much the entire list of people I don't have any gripes about, actually.

angelicpyro

Eloquent Sleuth

7,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200

velcrow
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:32 pm
is dumbledore that one old guy with a long beard and he takes out his memories and puts them in a water thingy  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:18 pm
i think snape will go back on voldamorts side in the 7th book.  

wiz_king

Soccerjoe
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:20 pm
dude - hes on voldemorts side at the end of the 6th  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:33 pm
Soccerjoe
dude - hes on voldemorts side at the end of the 6th

r u sure?? i dont remember that. but then again i read the 6th book back in june when it came out. ill just hav to read it again.  

wiz_king

Ceribri

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:34 pm
Ceribri
Ok. Listen. MY theory is that after Snape made the Vow with Bella and Cissy, he told Dumbledore, and Dumbledore got him to do one saying he would do what he had to, in this case, having to kill him.
That was my short and a bit complicated version. Let me explain. Snape didn't want to kill Dumbledore. In fact, he was quite loyal to him. How would have Dumbledore destroyed one of the Horcruxes, Marvolo's ring, without Snape's help? IF Snape was evil, he would have recognised the ring for what it was, and kept it because part of his *master's* soul was in it. Snape made the supply of potion for Lupin, and he could have killed Lupin any number of times then.
Let me start from the beginning. Snape is (yes) a Death Eater. He is serving as double agent for Dumbledore. He is visited by dear old Narcissa and Bellatrix (beginning of HBP) and then makes an Unbreakable Vow saying he will protect Draco, and if Draco can't complete what Voldy told him to do, Snape will do it. (this is where my theory kicks in..) Snape then goes and tells Dumbledore, and makes a vow to him saying he will obey Dumbledore no matter what. (now back to the book) (You have to remember that the purpose of any UV is that if it is not fulfilled, the one making the oaths dies)..anyways, Harry and Dumbledore go to the cave, and so on and so forth...they see the Dark Mark above the school, Harry slips on Invisibility Cloak, they both go up where they are attacked and Dumbledore paralyses Harry (he is invisible) and Dumbledore is confronted by Malfoy. Malfoy has to kill Dumbledore, doesn't want to, Snape and others come up and see him. Malfoy chickens out, Snape steps forward, Dumbledore calls for him twice (Severus, please...) and since Snape is going to die from 3 things if he doesnt kill him, he kills Dumbledore. The three things I mentioned are..
1. The UV with Bella and Cissy
2. The (supposed) UV with Dumbledore to obey him
3. Voldy (when he is exposed as a traitor)

Give it some thought. It makes sense.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:37 pm
I think Severus Snape is one of the most complex characters in Harry Potter. We cannot judge him yet, I don't know if we'll ever be able to. Of course we can hate him for what he was and did but still, we don't know much about him. (as we'd like to)  

Nicola Six

Ceribri

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:45 pm
alelo
I think Severus Snape is one of the most complex characters in Harry Potter. We cannot judge him yet, I don't know if we'll ever be able to. Of course we can hate him for what he was and did but still, we don't know much about him. (as we'd like to)
He's about as complex as it gets. (other than the whole time-travel thing in PoA)  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:30 am
He is the nastiest person I've ever seen, nastier than Umbridge! scream  

Lurge Gevakak

Mourning Star Lucifer

Lonely Borg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:01 pm
Ceribri
Ceribri
Ok. Listen. MY theory is that after Snape made the Vow with Bella and Cissy, he told Dumbledore, and Dumbledore got him to do one saying he would do what he had to, in this case, having to kill him.
That was my short and a bit complicated version. Let me explain. Snape didn't want to kill Dumbledore. In fact, he was quite loyal to him. How would have Dumbledore destroyed one of the Horcruxes, Marvolo's ring, without Snape's help? IF Snape was evil, he would have recognised the ring for what it was, and kept it because part of his *master's* soul was in it. Snape made the supply of potion for Lupin, and he could have killed Lupin any number of times then.
The three things I mentioned are..

Ok, I see where you're coming from and I admit, it makes perfect sense. But, anyway you slice the cake, Snape killed Dumbledore to save his own hide. Sure he made the UV with Draco's mum, and he might even have told Dumbledore and made another UV with him. But then, how do you know the last gasping breaths of "Severus, Please..." weren't exactly what any normal human being would have begged for; life?
The connection you're negleting to make however, is the one where Snape would have killed Dumbledore ...

1. So that the UV with Cissy and Balla WOULDN'T kill him

2. Because the (supposed) UV with Dumbledore to obey him would make no sense, since: "Severus, please..." covers a various degree of things. Besides, Dumbledore figure if any of the Death eaters see Snape saving him, then he could protect Snape from the Dark Lord.

3. The dark Lord is now regaining power and, Snape knows he is most likely to gain preferences with the Dark Lord then with Dumbledore. The old wizard is defenseless, pathetic, on his knees begging for mercy; so, Snape kills him.

...and, yeah. Feed back?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:18 am
Mourning Star Lucifer
Ceribri
Ceribri
The three things I mentioned are..

Ok, I see where you're coming from and I admit, it makes perfect sense. But, anyway you slice the cake, Snape killed Dumbledore to save his own hide. Sure he made the UV with Draco's mum, and he might even have told Dumbledore and made another UV with him. But then, how do you know the last gasping breaths of "Severus, Please..." weren't exactly what any normal human being would have begged for; life?
The connection you're negleting to make however, is the one where Snape would have killed Dumbledore ...

1. So that the UV with Cissy and Balla WOULDN'T kill him

2. Because the (supposed) UV with Dumbledore to obey him would make no sense, since: "Severus, please..." covers a various degree of things. Besides, Dumbledore figure if any of the Death eaters see Snape saving him, then he could protect Snape from the Dark Lord.

3. The dark Lord is now regaining power and, Snape knows he is most likely to gain preferences with the Dark Lord then with Dumbledore. The old wizard is defenseless, pathetic, on his knees begging for mercy; so, Snape kills him.

...and, yeah. Feed back?
Good point. And thanks for your wonderful grammar. It makes it so much easier. Ok. If Snape had made the UV with Dumbledore, he would have had to kill him, or be killed by the UV, when Dumbledore called his name out. But still, your point is pretty strong, I must admit. I think that Dumbledore was sacrificing his life so that many others could live to defeat Voldem..I mean.. you-know-who.. ^^ Harry, Snape (maybe), and the Order could defeat the Dark Lord.
Quote:
. Because the (supposed) UV with Dumbledore to obey him would make no sense, since: "Severus, please..." covers a various degree of things. Besides, Dumbledore figures if any of the Death eaters see Snape saving him, then he could protect Snape from the Dark Lord.
This is good reasoning, however, Dumbledore's wand is gone, his reflexes are slower, and his one hand is burnt to a crisp as the result of him and Snape destroying the ring. (reminds me of LotR for a minute...) Dumbledore could have been asking Snape for death, so he would die and Snape would not be killed by either the UV with Bella and Cissy, or the supposed UV with Dumbledore. Snape could look like he was on the dark side, and fulfil the real UV (keeping Draco safe) and then possibly come back in #7 as a main character, helping Harry ultimately get rid of He-who-must-not-be-named. Does this help at all?  

Ceribri

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Invisibility 100

Stripling Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:05 pm
I'd rather not think about it until it gets explained in the next book.  
The Gryffindor House: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff