Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NonExistentOne

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:28 pm
Shani wants griphephtan
Hitokage
I kid of course, my real favorite is Char Aznable, I don't care what anyone says, he's just misunderstood. He's got this...aura about him that I really like, I don't know how else to describe it. An excellent pilot, cool mobile suits, just an all around good character.

Does that mean you like little girls, too? sweatdrop

I was saving this for ole Hou but...
User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:02 am
NonExistentOne
Shani wants griphephtan
Hitokage
I kid of course, my real favorite is Char Aznable, I don't care what anyone says, he's just misunderstood. He's got this...aura about him that I really like, I don't know how else to describe it. An excellent pilot, cool mobile suits, just an all around good character.

User Image

Hitokage is totally going to bitchslap you. xd  

Stray Bullet Shani

Hitokage

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:19 pm
Shani wants griphephtan
NonExistentOne
Shani wants griphephtan
Hitokage

User Image

Hitokage is totally going to bitchslap you. xd

Damn right I am! scream
*b***h-slaps NOE* 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:48 am
I have to say Anavel Gato who is known as, "The Nightmare of Solomon". Although he isn't a newtype, his piloting skills are probably the best out of all "none newtypes". Plus, hes very honorable and doesn't like to retreat and who doesn't like someone detonating a nuke on Solomon to cripple the Feds? He also whooped that wannabe, Kou Uraki on several occations.  

Immolatus

Gundamgirl861

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:44 am
Wufei and Trowa  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:28 pm
Gundamgirl861
Wufei and Trowa
Got a reason to back that up?
No?
Didn't think so, silly Winger. lol
Anywho, my favorite UC pilot has to be Amuro. Mainly for reasons mentioned before. I also see him as the overall hero for the UC era, seeing as he was the first one.
/me awaits flames from guild members for comment sweatdrop  

Cien Laguoire

Countess_Zayna

Aged Hunter

8,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:14 am
Trowa, all the way.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:26 pm
Stray Bullet Shani
Haman Kahn, arguably the most powahful NT of all the Gundam series. Definitly outdoes Camille, Char, and Amuro, since they all used special devices that amplify their powahs. Scirocco is the only real threat to her title, and he got killed by Camille. Haman survived her fight with Camille, so it seems like she's the obvious choice to me.

the beginning amuro didn't use any new type weapon (but as well, he was weaker)
In Char's counterattack, Amuro piloted Re-GZ, and isn't that a non newtype MS?

Camille did have the bio field, but doesn't all the Cubelle have psycho-frames as well?
And didn't Haman get killed by Jadoh?

I believe the most powerful POTENTIAL NT is definitely Camille, if he didn't go all crazy
SO the most powerful existing NT is Amuro...Wait, didn't that kid pilot in
V-Gundam have a far better NT potential then Amuro? And what about Kikendu (or Seebok?)  

Vivio1412

Ophiuchus
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:54 am
Barsona
Stray Bullet Shani
Haman Kahn, arguably the most powahful NT of all the Gundam series. Definitly outdoes Camille, Char, and Amuro, since they all used special devices that amplify their powahs. Scirocco is the only real threat to her title, and he got killed by Camille. Haman survived her fight with Camille, so it seems like she's the obvious choice to me.

Camille did have the bio field, but doesn't all the Cubelle have psycho-frames as well?

I believe the most powerful POTENTIAL NT is definitely Camille, if he didn't go all crazy
SO the most powerful existing NT is Amuro...Wait, didn't that kid pilot in
V-Gundam have a far better NT potential then Amuro? And what about Kikendu (or Seebok?)
I believe this was recently discussed on Gundamwatch. Judau apparently had the most potential.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:19 pm
Barsona

Thus you don't get to see his NT abilities at their best, which makes it pretty irrelevant in a discussion of NT ability.
Barsona

And he got beaten by Char in Sazabi and was forced to fall back, something along those lines. Again, not a NT-use suit, not very useful in a discussion of NT abilities.
Barsona

Uh, no. Qubeley has a barebones psycommu system, much less than any of the other suits the people thought of as the most powerful NTs had. ZZ has a bio-sensor, Zeta has a bio-sensor, Jio has a bio-sensor, and the Nu and Sazabi have batshit-insane psycoframes.
Barsona

No, I believe she actually killed herself. I also heard she used her funnels very minimally in the battle, and still gave him a hard time? I haven't seen it yet, but from what I've heard she wasn't fighting the best she could've. Someone else could probably go into better detail on this since I still haven't yet forced myself to watch ZZ.
Barsona

Judau, as horribly stupid as it is, has the most potential.
Barsona
SO the most powerful existing NT is Amuro...

Uh, no. Not even close. Most of Amuro's piloting is just that, piloting. His piloting style relies more on skill than it does on NT ability. Only in the Nu does he show extremely powerful NT abilities, but even then that can be easily attributed to the psycoframe. I believe Haman would've beaten the s**t out of either Char or Amuro if she was given a comparable NT-use suit with a psycoframe.
I would consider the position of strongest NT up-for-grabs between Haman, Camille, Scirocco, and unfortunately Judau as well. Haman and Scirocco are about equal in terms of NT skill, but Scirocco uses a bio-sensor when he's shown at around Haman's level. I'd say she's got him beat, and Camille as well since all his manifestations of NT powahs have been byproducts of the bio-sensor (Bio-sensor eating souls and forming armor, and generating a giant beam saber from anger). I haven't seen enough of ZZ to judge, but Judau would have to be pretty ******** incredible to outdo Haman.
Barsona
Wait, didn't that kid pilot in V-Gundam have a far better NT potential then Amuro?

The best I can remember him doing is manipulating the exhaust of the V2 into shields and weapons at times, and that could possibly be controlled by modulating the lattice rather than through NT abilities.
Barsona
And what about Kikendu (or Seebok?)

No. Just, no. Even with the bio-computer he wasn't all that great.  

Stray Bullet Shani

Vivio1412

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:34 pm
that's right, Jadoh, in all the G-Gen game are like, "Kids are all Newtypes!" and he did own....What did happen to Jadoh? I wish I can find ZZ....

oh yea, even though The-O had a bio-sensor, making it a NT MS, what was so special that made it a NT MS??? I mean, the bio-sensor in Z and ZZ were used to make them all go crazy...

And I thought haman did use her funnels readily, I mean, she used them against all NT characters (especially Shiroco in Zeta)

As well, I thought Camille's manifestation of his power is from all the people he killed/people who he cared about dieing around him. I mean, I hear that in Zeta, most new people you meet in Zea dies. Isn't he like Ques Palaya, in Char's Counterattack? She did acknowledge what was going around her, and sucked in almost every death that happened in the battle field. If she didn't die, she could have been like Camille... But oh well, she as a b***h, and she got what she deserved.... Beaten by a half wrecked Re-GZ XD

Interesting enough, I have not seen people arguing for coordinators...
rofl, so let's put in CE era people....
Would Mwu considered a newtype (in SEED, b/c in Destiny he was an enhanced human)?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:13 pm
For the best Newtype pilot, I'd have to say Haman Khan takes the cake. Her skills combined with her powers gave her the Quebeley all the advantage it needed to lay the smackdown on everyone she fought, even the legendary Char. I've heard about her wanting an even fight or something with Judau and that strikes me as entirely out of character for her. Did the writer really need a way for Judau to reasonably win that desperately?

As for non-Newtype pilots, I say Johnny Ridden takes the cake easily. He destroyed three warships in the same fight as Char got his five, and could have destroyed more had Kycillia not pulled her fleet back to conserve its losses. At A Bao A Qu, I count that he had 13 confirmed GM kills and 8 confirmed Ball kills and possibly several more MS kills while suffering only armor damage to the armor on his Gelgoog's left arm and head. His weapons? A Beam Rifle and a Heat Hawk.  

Starcloud

5,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150

Vivio1412

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:10 am
I really don't believe Char is that great of a pilot, compared to amuro, camillem haman, jadoh, and other new type/enhanced humans. I mean, I don't understand WHY amuro still struggles against him...
so sad...

natural people...
sorry, but I like Bright, so I am sticking with him....
As well, Apori and Roberto (the best kick a** team)  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:14 am
As sad as it is/was, I agree with Judeau probably being the most potentially powerful NT, just on the sheer amount of newtype phenominon that occured with him outside of the influence of any psycommu system. Too bad as a pilot he was lacking and got the Zeta(and even the overly powerful ZZ) in several bad places.

I would say that however, that Elpe Puru may have(and occasionally did) given him a run for his money, on account of her sensitivity(enhanced by contact with water?), and formal(I assume) military training.

I mean, really, she essentially takes on a battleship in the Mark II(with one arm) at one point(though it would have been more interesting in my opinion had she ironically hopped into the psyco mk. II at that point), and she does alright against a couple teams of bawoos. Plus, she had a Quebely Mk. II as her own personal unit, so what's no to like(aside from the habit of being naked all the time and posessive/homocidal tendencies)?

And the O was special because it allowed Scirocco to fry peoplses brains. Er, I mean, assuming the biosensor works like I think it does, it would have given him control over his MS as if it were his own body, or at least closer to that than the typical HOTAS type control layout.

As a side note, the O seems a lot more dangerous than Quebely in Gundam versus Zeta gundam. Except when I pilot it. *hates*

As for Haman, there's another powerful newtype, though I do believe a lot of her piloting skill was just that, piloting skill(and she ran from Judeau's sheer fighting aura a few times, as sad as that sounds). In her final fight against Judeau, she used minimal funnels in an attempt to "even" the fight, even though in terms of base MS the ZZ has a gigantic advantage in every way imagineable(except funnels). Also as I recall, Judeau doesn't directly result in the Quebely's destruction, and the ZZ is crippled beyond repair(judeau escapes in what was left of the core top). The end fight in ZZ just seemed lacking to me, also. Both people seemed to be just arguing their own philosophies/ethics, and to me it detracted from the entertainment value, specifically since you already know where all interested parties stand.

I believe Amuro struggles with Char because he is a veteran ace pilot with a large amount of battle experience(presumeably a lot more than Amuro) before he is a newtype. Also looking at the specs, the Sazabi is a higher performing unit than the nu, seemingly(to me) better armed with more thruster acceleration(The nu has a crazy psycoframe setup though, so meh). Even during the Gryps war Quattro fought many high level opponents in the Hyakushiki, while Amuro sat on the ground(after sitting the first half of the war out) and wiped out the earth based titans in his Dijeh(which is really just a "tuner" rick dias type R). SO basically I'm trying to say that my view is that while Amuro is a more powerful newtype, Char is a better, more experienced pilot. Char's experience really shows at the beginning of 0079, where he in a zaku II matches(but never seems to quite exceed) the combat capability of the gundam, showing a massive discrepancy in piloting ability, and though the skill gap does close from then on, Char is constantly getting new MS, while Amuro generally keeps the same old thing(because, you know, that "same old thing" is the best thing on the field for the most part), thus evening it out somewhat.

That is, of course, just what it seems like to me.  

Xeon Sempai
Vice Captain

dExtrosien

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:27 am
I like Shiro Amada, Kou, Amuro, Bernie, Trowa, Kamille and Athrun off the top of my head.  
Gundam

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff