yes.
  no.
  You could be...
View Results

Plan-Galere

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:22 pm
x MiDNiGHTS x
miraridemon
Well, my parents are in the LawnCare business, so not really. If you'd like, here is a complete history of my evolution of musical taste.

FIRST CD - The Offspring (Not something to be ashamed of, like most peoples)
Listened to some Ska and punk
Slipknot, Mushroomhead (Briefly)
Slayer (Still like 'em)
More metal, a lot of Death and Thrash
Some Dimmu
Velvet Acid Christ... leading into
Funker Vogt leading to
Das Ich, Wumpscut, Suicide Commando, Had a giflfriend who liked Skinny Puppy.
Front Line Assembly.

Oh my god...that is like ligit...how my evolution of music went minus the offspring.

Creepy. Insanely creepy. We should make a murder/suicide pact. Just because.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:55 pm
P.O.S.E.U.R.
Well I did grow up around industrial music, or at least industrial sounding music. I grew up with my mom listening to Kraftwerk, Joy Division, Depeche Mode, Rob Zombie, Etc. So that might be a reason.?
You have a cool mom.  

Soviet Reunion

Jasop_Buttement

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:58 pm
I was around computers and high tech gadgetry in my youth, even when computers were rare and the C64 had not come out yet. I think a love for technology and particularly low tech raw sounds helps when it comes to listening to Industrial.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:06 pm
i like industrial for its political ideals (dosent always apply) wahmbulance and it evokes the feeling of a futuristic fachist dictatorship wahmbulance  

mindparasite

mindparasite

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:07 pm
*invokes wahmbulance or something  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:58 am
fachism died with farfignutin dont you know that.

but yes im also a fan of the political message.  

dagrossman
Crew

La Veuve Zin

Rainbow Smoker

5,650 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:13 pm
Hrm....my dad works as a serologist in a crime lab, and I'd visit all the time when I was younger. Not very "heavy" equipment, but some pretty cool stuff and lots of chemicals. And blood. whee

My mom's a teacher, but she knows how to weld and has made some kickass things with black iron. Hell, I should take pics and post them here; if not industrial, they're at least very goth...  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:40 am
That's a really interesting theory, & I feel that there's probably a good chance that those experiences in your childhood contributed significantly to your appeal towards Industrial music. However, I don't think it's accurate to make a statement that applys your own experiences to everyone. I'd imagine if somebody was always around machinery as a child & had lots of bad memorys of their childhood, they would in turn hold a distaste for Industrial music... at least, if the connection you're making holds true.

Me... the loudest piece of machinery I think I ever grew up hearing was a vaccum cleaner. My mother has been unemployed ever since I can remember, & my father was at the time a businessman working at various television companies & was home only on weekend. In other words, my exposure to machinery as a child was significantly minimal. Yet, I really like Industrial music.  

Kosova4Life

absinthe_mind3d

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:11 am
When I was younger I used to stare at all the weird factories/machinery out the car window, I thought it looked really cool...also I collected metal things from the scrapyard...little gears and nuts and bolts and s**t...
I liked dissonant metal-scrapey sounds, and I thought rusty metal and computer chips looked cool....

Oh wait, I still do today! @_@ I've been a weirdo my whole life though. XD  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:13 am
La Veuve Zin
Hrm....my dad works as a serologist in a crime lab, and I'd visit all the time when I was younger. Not very "heavy" equipment, but some pretty cool stuff and lots of chemicals. And blood. whee

My mom's a teacher, but she knows how to weld and has made some kickass things with black iron. Hell, I should take pics and post them here; if not industrial, they're at least very goth...
Your parents have cool jobs. I'd like to see the welded things, I have a friend who welds.  

absinthe_mind3d

Soviet Reunion

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:14 pm
miraridemon
Well, my parents are in the LawnCare business, so not really. If you'd like, here is a complete history of my evolution of musical taste.

FIRST CD - The Offspring (Not something to be ashamed of, like most peoples)
Listened to some Ska and punk
Slipknot, Mushroomhead (Briefly)
Slayer (Still like 'em)
More metal, a lot of Death and Thrash
Some Dimmu
Velvet Acid Christ... leading into
Funker Vogt leading to
Das Ich, Wumpscut, Suicide Commando, Had a giflfriend who liked Skinny Puppy.
Front Line Assembly.

My evolution (not very accurate):
Bauhaus
Razed in Black
:WumpscuT:
Einstürzende Neubauten
Skinny Puppy, Haujobb, Einstürzende Neubauten, Throbbing Gristle, Merzbow  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:42 am
i was never around any heavy machinery when i was growing up. my dad is a tax accountant and my mom is a nonworking drunk. altho i am partial to german and i like rough loud music...so that explains my affinity for industrial. altho i do admit that i'm more of a psychobilly fan than an industrial fan. but man do i love me some industrial. heart  

Cupcake Baking Princess

7,225 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

theblackwidow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:28 pm
i dont think that goes for me, my mom was lazy and my dad was a security guard, he worked in a factory but long before I came along. however, I worked in several factories before and after college for a while and always found myself wanting to sample the sounds I heard... or... danceing to the noise when no one was looking >.>  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:49 pm
I love the sound of chainsaws and the smell of bar oil...so, yeah, you could be onto something...  

Trau Mir

Sinequan_150mg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:13 pm
I see a connection with that. Also, it's maybe why I work in a factory, I helped out with mechanics as a kid.  
The Industrial Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff