Welcome to Gaia! ::

9th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

Tags: Annual Ball, User Run, 9th Annual Ball, Gaia Ball 

Reply 9th Annual User Run Ball
Annual Ball Art Auction Fundraiser - NOW OPEN!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If we were to have the auction at the first of June, could you participate?
  Yes, that would be perfect for me!
  No, but I would participate if it were at another date.
  No, but I have no intention of participating.
  I'm thinking about participating, but I'm not sure if I can.
View Results

broken_bleeding_angel
Crew

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:30 pm
stupidpsycho
^_^ hi broken i guess it has been awhile since i've actually posted hmm.... i have been reading the guild threads though just watching like a ghost and never seen or heard from.

ninja or maybe a ninja? O3O

Or an Alien! D:  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:23 pm
I hope we get a few more people join up with the auction. We might need to push back the date a bit if we don't get more people by the 30th.  

LilChibiusa
Crew

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Elocutionist 200

broken_bleeding_angel
Crew

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:38 pm
Have you asked for people out of the guild?
Specifically people in the shops?
If you offer to advertise their shops during the ball, they'll often agree to donate some art requests for fundraisers and advertise the fundraiser in their shops. Ultimately a win win situation.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:29 pm
i just noticed but your auction will be running round the time of finals for college goers may 1st - 18 is the last couple of weeks of school for me and i'm pretty sure i'll be struggling with my final papers at the time.

it might also be the reason for some peoples hesitation in joining or.... possibly we arent advertising the fund raising idea enough and people just arent seeing the thread. can we get a poll to see how many people minimum are actually looking?  

stupidpsycho

Dapper Elder

28,475 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

LilChibiusa
Crew

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:50 pm
That's a good observation. I haven't though much about school schedules in a while, so I didn't even think about that conflict. We can certain reschedule it until a later date if that will bring in more people. The only reason I was putting the date so early was for the funds to be available for use for each of the room, but after some sizable donations to the ball were made, I don't think that timing will be as much of a problem. I'm guessing people will be using existing ball funds for art and graphics, and then use anything they get later from this fundraiser and others for prizes.

@Broken - I didn't even think about that. I'm so glad I have someone with your art selling/auctioning experience on my side. heart  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:16 pm
Lol! Umm thanks. XD ♥  

broken_bleeding_angel
Crew

Desirable Sex Symbol

stupidpsycho

Dapper Elder

28,475 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:43 pm
it doesnt seem like many people pass by this thread often, only 4 votes in the poll and 3 of em are probably us 3.

also are we still trying to figure out how much funds the guild has?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:29 pm
I'm not sure of the final amount. I've asked Angel to send an announcement about this fundraiser, but she hasn't yet. I know that Moo donated 5 million gold to Annual Ball, but I don't know if there were any other donations to the ball itself.  

LilChibiusa
Crew

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200

stupidpsycho

Dapper Elder

28,475 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:45 pm
looks like the guild funds is already more then last years if i remember correctly that was roughly 7-8m with each room getting about 1m each.

last time i talked to angel was in February she said the funds was around 4m and now hearing that moo donated 5m i'm assuming this donation was made after February so i'm guessing the guild funds are roughly over 9m

also hear there is a 3m emergency fund made by a guild member from one of the recent previous years incase the guild doesnt reach its goal amount....
what was our goal 10m? cuz thats fairly close if my assumptions are correct.

=D WE CAN DOO EET!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:18 pm
We can do it! xd I don't think that one million is too high of a goal to expect from an auction with several artists. biggrin  

LilChibiusa
Crew

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200

stupidpsycho

Dapper Elder

28,475 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:54 am
*high fives*

well if we cant get 1mill from the auction we can always go a one day papa saw mill farming for gold for whatevers left. it is about 4-5k gold per run if we have a full party and if the party is all guild members willing to donate that is 6x4 or 6x5 gold so bout 24-30k per run =D sooo 33runs = pretty close to a mill (mmmm forgot to check how long it takes to do a run though). i'd suggest boot grab too but thats a bit sketchy at the moment due to all the fish shop updates...  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:30 pm
Is that zomg? I never got past Bill's Ranch on there because I got fed up with the lag. sweatdrop  

LilChibiusa
Crew

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200

stupidpsycho

Dapper Elder

28,475 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:33 pm
mmm yeah... it is zomg.

if u wanna reduce lag for it you should be using firefox. get adblock plus for firefox and then block seeing monsters, avis, and gold coins which i have the filters for; so just message me if u want them. you'll only see shadows and silhouettes but the lag is reduced considerably. also switch from high quality to lowest quality graphics in the options menu in the game and set it so you only see your own animations and no one elses.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:52 pm
Wow! You've got that thing down to an art! xd I'm using firefox and adblock plus, but I didn't think about blocking graphics from the game.  

LilChibiusa
Crew

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200

stupidpsycho

Dapper Elder

28,475 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:54 pm
kinda wishes the annual ball mule would have a shop in the mp where it sells random useless items for like 100k and 10k so people could just donate gold that way. larger donations can be made through trade to avoid tax. it loses 200-2000g per store purchase but its probly better then waiting forever for the trade to be completed cuz its been months since i've made a trade with the ball mule on a mule and still no response.
then again some may find it annoying to continually stuff things into the shop every 2 weeks when it expires but i dont really think that is too much work for it to not be considered. doesnt really have to be the ball mule either, could just use another old guild mule or something and then transfer it over to the ball mule later.

<_< felt like posting cuz nothings been said in awhile ^_^  
9th Annual User Run Ball

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces