Philosophy Quotes Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Faroresama
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:29 pm
Voltaire said some pretty cool stuff. Metaphysics is awesome. (if i may say such a word)  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:38 pm
"Defeat is also a state of mind; no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality." -- Bruce Lee  

Metal Gear Headshot

Eilea

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:03 am
I had a random revelation the other day...a couple weeks ago i guess

"Reality is not based on what we can prove but upon the lesson we can learn."

o.O it completely changed my way of thinking for about an hour...hahaha rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:21 pm
This is my favprite quote. I do not know who said it, I just heard it in a chat room or something somewhere on the internet.

In Truth is where It is hidden. The Truth is concealed by lies, which are known only to the minds of the Intelligent. The Intelligent tend to be covered up by The Establishment, which tends to think it's the intelligent one.

I have a quote box I will have to dig through for some other good ones to post.  

The Lunatic On The Grass

PhilosophyMind
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:35 pm
That is a good quote.

Want to read another one?

"Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

"Who Watches The Watchmen?"

*ahem*

I do apologize...I just recently read Watchmen.

AND I suggest it.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:22 am
Metal Gear Headshot
"Defeat is also a state of mind; no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality." -- Bruce Lee

reminded me of
"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission"  

Eilea

slowverdose

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:18 pm
Watchmen is a great comic book. One of my favorite quotes is by the Buddha in reference to why he stopped fasting. He realized it wouldn't lead anywhere and it would only destroy him, and he said

"a string stretched to loosely makes no sound, and a string stretched to tightly will surely break."

maybe paraphrased a little, I cant remember the EXACT quote but I love that one because it kind of combines philosophy and music.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:02 pm
"I went off to college planning to major in math or philosophy-- of course, both those ideas are really the same idea."
-Frank Wilczek

(I was gunna say It was ME who wrote this Qutoe but... then I read this quote)

"People will accept your ideas much more readily if you tell them Benjamin Franklin said it first."  

Duke Cloud

Durrypoo Ov Fire

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:35 pm
I got a million quotes I find most interesting to me... some of my favorites are:
"Man can will nothing unless he has first understood that he must count on no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth." Jean-Paul Sartre
"If I take death into my life, acknowledge it, and face it squarely, I will free myself from the anxiety of death and the pettiness of life - and only then will I be free to become myself." Martin Heidegger
"It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it well." Rene Descartes
"But man is not made for defeat. A man can be destroyed but not defeated." Ernest Hemingway  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:19 am
"At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet."

- Plato (one of my favorite philosophers)  

Sim_1One

800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

Edwardwhpt4

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:04 pm
PhilosophyMind
That is a good quote.

Want to read another one?

"Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

"Who Watches The Watchmen?"

*ahem*

I do apologize...I just recently read Watchmen.

AND I suggest it.

I have one like that!

Who guards the guardians?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:49 pm
I like this old Gaelic proverb Burning the candle at both ends will soon leave you without a light.  

Crazyjust4u

luftwafe

3,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:35 pm
I like thess ones:
"We are all capable of evil thoughts, but only vary rarely of evil deeds: we can all do good deeds, but vey few of us can think good thoughts."
Pavese

Who can hold fire in his hand
While thinking on th frosty Caucasus?
Shakespeare

Religion is a man using a diving rof. Philosophy is a man using a pick and shovel.
Anonymous.

Every abstract thinker tears love and time asunder.
Rosenstock-Huessy  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:20 pm
I find... that the best philosopy tends to come not from philosophers themselves... but from writers, artists, thinkers... people who observe and report on the world around them, without devoting that much time to the Why and How of it.

"Too much philosophy makes men mad." ~ Alan Judd
I'm not much worried about that one, I'm already mad as a hatter.

Ich würde nur an einen Gott glauben, der zu tanzen verstünde.
"I should only believe in a God that would know how to dance."
Nietzsche

"First, there's a huge difference between being arrested and being guilty. Second, see, the law changes and I don't. How I stand vis-à-vis the law at any given moment depends on the law. The law can change from state to state, from nation to nation, from city to city. I guess I have to go by a higher law. How's that? Yeah, I consider myself a road man for the lords of karma."
Hunter S. Thompson

"Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
Douglas Noel Adams

"With science, ideas can germinate within a bed of theory, from, and practice that assists their growth...but we, as gardeners must beware... For some seeds are the seeds of ruin and the most iridescent blooms are often the most dangerous."
V, V for Vendetta

ToxicHumor

comrade acurion 120

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:02 pm
here is one of my favs that i can remeber

Philosophers have only interperted the world, the point is to change it
-karl marx  
Philosophy Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash