View Results

Nekolover_8

Dapper Gaian

8,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:27 pm
I'm a total half and half on this one. A side of me knows that he's dead and the other thinks that Snape was an accomplice with Dumbledore and faked his death. I don't know. I'm pretty sure that he's gone for good though.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:42 pm
A month ago I woulda said "Anything's possible!"

But JKR said he's dead, and not to expect him to pull a Gandalf.

angelicpyro

Eloquent Sleuth

7,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200

Minakimonirika

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:41 pm
Gi_Adi_Gundi
his pet is a pheonix! and a pheonix rises again after it dies!!! So yes! he will come back!!!

Ok. Fawkes is a phoenix. Dumbledore is not, nor ever was, a phoenix. He is dead. He is not coming back. Phoenixes are magical creatures that are reborn from their ashes as a part of their own magic, and it is every five hundred years. Dumbledore didn't die a natural death, which is the only way phoenixes are reborn. So no, he will not come back. The reason JKR is one of my favorite authors is because she doesn't turn on what she writes. Sirius died-he won't come back. Neither will Dumbledore. It's fact, plain and simple. So that's my take on Dumbledore's death. Oh, and one last thing-Fawkes left, totally. He would not have done so if Dumbledore still lived. And you forget his phoenix song-it was a song of lament, he knew his master was dead, he could feel it. To expect him to return is foolish. *end rant*

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:16 am
guy_lover_450
Soccerjoe
guy_lover_450
OMG i have a theorie since reading the 6th book:
Dumbledore died right??
And Voldemort can only keep coming back because of horcruxes right??
and you create horcruxes by killing someone and preforming a special spell right??
well what if when in book 1 when harry was reading the back of the Famous Witches and Wizards card on the hogwarts express and it said that dumbledore conquered a guy maybe dumbledore created a horcrux and can come back??
is it possible??
well - horcruxes(spelling) is dark magic that is bad im pretty sure. and im sure harry has to conquer his enemy(s) by himself in the next book. hes always had dumbledore to help him (because vold. was afraid of dumbledore) - but now its time for harry to step up!

well yah but maybe in book seven Dumbledore can come back. i mean i know that you cannot reawake the dead but maybe if like voldemort he can come back through horcruxes you never know

but voldemort have his horcruxes that can help him come back. i don't think dumbledore has one, i mean, horcrux cause if he has it then it would mean that he has killed someone in the past.. but i think maybe dumbledore's character is not dead yet as in, he will still be in book 7 in the sense that he will talk from his picture in the headmaster's room... remember? all those former dead headmaster can talk and do orders, so i think dumbledore's character will be alive through that sense.. 4laugh  

creutz

creutz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:17 am
angelicpyro
A month ago I woulda said "Anything's possible!"

But JKR said he's dead, and not to expect him to pull a Gandalf.

That's absolutely right.. totally agree with you.. wink  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:31 am
i really wish for it to happen but as it's said throughout the book, there's nothing that can bring the dead to life - no spell, charm or incantation. the only way he could come back is if is souls is unsettled and he becomes a ghost but this is Dumbledore - it doesn't seem that likely that he would become a ghost. I love dumbledore so much! he's not my fav. but i'd run up and hug him any chance i get and i don't care what people say. I'd do that to Harid and Sirius. Sirius is my favorite of all. I'd be really chummy ron, Harry, Hermione, and all the other weasleys -except maybe Percy. especially ron and Charlie. my cousin would be all over fred and george. Oliver woods really cute too! okay back to the topic - He's not coming back sad but true. I like Dumbledore so much that I have voice memo'd the part in the Chamber of Secrets, where harry says "Albus Dumbledore is the greatest sorceror in the world!", then Voldemort says his bit, and harry says "He'll never be gone! Not as long as those who remain are loyal to him!" on my cell phone for a ringtone. I'm curious who is to leave us in the 7th book. Mrs. Rowling said for sure that someone is gonna die and it's consistantly poking at my brain and irritating me.  

Trigger Happy Xigbar

rane-gel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:46 am

ok look, guys, girls, ppl in between, dumbledore is dead. hes just as dead as harry's parents. stressed
it was a setup. see dumbledore would never, and when i say never i mean exclaim NEVER exclaim beg for someone not to kill him. instead he would be someone exclaim TO exclaim kill him. besides, dumbledore told mcgonagall he trusts snape, in fact he told everyone he trusts snape. snape is the type of person who could make up his mind and stick to his decision.
dumbledore was filling harry's brain with information of his past, voldemorts past, and everything that related to voldemort. he didnt simply say "sit down harry. alright listen. voldemort was an orphan, his mother died giving birth. she was a pureblood witch who put a spell or gave a love potion to his father. alright now that you know that, go back to class"

dumbledore made harry figure everything out giving him some hints along the was.

also, if snape was sure in killing dumbledore, dumbledore wouldnt have time to beg him. if draco had killed him then snape wouldnt have been sure if it was really the headmaster's decision to die, or did he try feebly to fight back. and now that everyone thinks of him as a traitor, snape is a respected 'death eater' no one will question him anymore and voldemort will trust him. just enough for snape to betray him at the very end.
cool  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:00 am
guy_lover_450
Dumbledore died right??
and you create horcruxes by killing someone and preforming a special spell right??
well what if when in book 1 when harry was reading the back of the Famous Witches and Wizards card on the hogwarts express and it said that dumbledore conquered a guy maybe dumbledore created a horcrux and can come back??
is it possible??

Yeah dumbledore dies and most likely they are gonna make up away for him to come back.  

General skywalker

rane-gel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:10 am
The_First_Dark_Shadow
guy_lover_450
Dumbledore died right??
is it possible??

Yeah dumbledore dies and most likely they are gonna make up away for him to come back.

rowling made it clear with harry's parents that the dead cant come back and dumbledore is dead, he is only human stare  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:24 pm
from an interview with jo. Don't expect Dumbledore to pull a Gandalf.
- Dumbledore IS really dead. "Everyone needs to move through the five stages of grief" and get past his death. She also apologizes to DumbledoreIsNotDead.com for ruining the purpose of their site.  

dawnee
Crew

OnlineCorpMod

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:18 am
maby voldemort has made another horcruxes out of dumbledor?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:43 am
The_First_Dark_Shadow
guy_lover_450
Dumbledore died right??
is it possible??

Dumbledore. Is. Not. Coming. Back.

Minakimonirika

ginny_weasley29

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:11 pm
guy_lover_450
Dumbledore died right??
is it possible??

im very sorry to say this, but on Jo's website, and at the "A night with Harry, Carrie, and Garp" show in NYC she has shot down the theory that Dumbledore is still allive, or will ever come back. i cried when i hear it. crying cry  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:03 pm
guy_lover_450
Dumbledore died right??
is it possible??

Yes Dumbledore died. Voldemort can come back because he made 7 horcruxes. But to make a horcrux, you have to of killed someone. And Dumbledore did not kill anyone... but you make a good point about how Dumbledore killed that wizard. Although, in book 6, when Harry and Dumbledore are watching Slughorn's memory, Slughorn told Tom Riddle (Voldemort) that it was terrible and a very drak kind of magic. And Harry asked if it were better to just be dead because of all the pain of having your soul ripped in two. Knowing this, and being as wise as Dumbledore was, he would not create a Horcrux, and to my belief, Dumbledore is gone for good, as sad as it is.  

mazzuola

whiteboi10

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:21 am
im pretty sure he wwilll. hopefully he will too  
The Gryffindor House: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items