Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Industrial Guild
Have many here are the only rivetheads in their area? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Soviet Reunion

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:22 pm
Tommuel
I'm the only guy who listens to noise music. However I know a kinda rivet guy. Meh, he's OK I guess.
I'm a noise musician. My dad think I'm crazy because I listen to "no|se müs|k"  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:00 pm
Megafan2
Actually, yes!
My only friend that lives anywhere near me is Rivet!

eek Damn, he's hot. Why can't I meet cute rivetbois?! gonk  

La Veuve Zin

Rainbow Smoker

5,650 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200

Vulnerose

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:13 pm
La Veuve Zin
Megafan2
Actually, yes!

becuase they are always taken or gay gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:03 pm
Side note: You and your slacker a** metalhead friends wont corrupt industrial. Fame is an acid test, a true artist can survive it and continue to produce amazing music, but regardless, your ******** high school wont make anyone famous. Ever. 1100 new fans wouldn't mean s**t to industrial as a whole.

Actual reply: We've got 2 club nights and a bondage night that I'm aware of, but it leans towards EBM/synthpop rather than classic industrial/noise.Nonetheless, I see my fair share of Neubauten fans floating around, and shows are decently common. I <3 minneapolis.  

Lydia Desdemona

Glenwood82

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:44 pm
Lydia Desdemona
Side note: You and your slacker a** metalhead friends wont corrupt industrial. Fame is an acid test, a true artist can survive it and continue to produce amazing music, but regardless, your ******** high school wont make anyone famous. Ever. 1100 new fans wouldn't mean s**t to industrial as a whole.

Actual reply: We've got 2 club nights and a bondage night that I'm aware of, but it leans towards EBM/synthpop rather than classic industrial/noise.Nonetheless, I see my fair share of Neubauten fans floating around, and shows are decently common. I <3 minneapolis.
Of no offense, but was your side not directed at me, or someone else? Either way, no offense was taken. You're right; 1100 people won't make much difference. When I said 'Spread the Virus' I was merely just being overtly dramatic in saying "Share my music with others." And true artists succeeds on their own merits, not others approval, as you said.

In response to your actual reply, that sounds pretty fun; the club I mean. Not that I would partake in the bondage...or would I? blaugh In all seriousness, that's pretty cool.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:13 am
Pretty much. You have your gothic, emo, sk8r, etc. but no rivetheads.  

[Master InuYasha]

NOWAVE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:50 pm
Glenwood82
I know industrial isn't exactly mainstream, but you'd think that you'd find at least one! Well, I guess it isn't surprising, since I live in the middle of nowhere. But, anyone here have the same situtation? Oh yeah, and if you're not, Masonites and NINies don't count.

Well Massonites Do count. Nine Inch Nails is liked by all kinds of people so it doesn't really count, but he is industrial(more than wumbscut or combishite anyway).

No there aren't many rivetheads around here, not that I've looked very hard mind you. But so what?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:49 pm
Glenwood82
Lydia Desdemona

Of no offense, but was your side not directed at me, or someone else? Either way, no offense was taken. You're right; 1100 people won't make much difference. When I said 'Spread the Virus' I was merely just being overtly dramatic in saying "Share my music with others." And true artists succeeds on their own merits, not others approval, as you said.

In response to your actual reply, that sounds pretty fun; the club I mean. Not that I would partake in the bondage...or would I? blaugh In all seriousness, that's pretty cool.
The side note was largely for Prosthetic  

Lydia Desdemona

MasterUbad

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Yah
there are not many rivetheads in my area there is like ONE other rivet head thats somewhat close to me
other then that i live real close to baltimore and washington so there is a good scene there
im looking forward to heading up to orpheus (club)

P.S.THANK GOD THERE ARE NO NiNies or Masonites near *wipes forehead*  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:36 pm
Tommuel
I'm the only guy who listens to noise music. However I know a kinda rivet guy. Meh, he's OK I guess.

I just put on IRM - Oedipus Dethroned, so no, you're not the only one smile  

kingu ghidorah

absinthe_mind3d

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:49 pm
I live in Seattle, they actually have a music store for industrial...www.musicwerks.org
and, industrial/goth clubs, a coffee/internet cafe that all the industrial people hang out at.
8 out of 10 people here I know like Industrial, especially SKINNY PUPPY.

Combichrist is annoying.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:03 pm
xstigmatax
La Veuve Zin
Megafan2
Actually, yes!

becuase they are always taken or gay gonk

True. But I've been getting lucky.

One my best friends moved to Germany for a year and his best friend there is one the sexiest Rivetheads EVER. Shaved head, except for one patch of dyed blue hair.

He wants to meet me. blaugh

Of course, I'm all burning_eyes "YES!"

Hyatt-Insomnia

absinthe_mind3d

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:31 pm
absinthe_mind3d
I live in Seattle, they actually have a music store for industrial...www.musicwerks.org
and, industrial/goth clubs, a coffee/internet cafe that all the industrial people hang out at.

Combichrist is annoying.
however, I'm the only rivet chick that I know of...the rest are all goth or just like "some industrial".
Most rivetheads around here are guys.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:14 pm
absinthe_mind3d
absinthe_mind3d

Combichrist is annoying.
however, I'm the only rivet chick that I know of...the rest are all goth or just like "some industrial".

Bet they fight over you! You look good...Seattle sounds great, are there any engineering jobs? Cause I might move there.  

Glenwood82

absinthe_mind3d

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:29 am
Glenwood82
absinthe_mind3d
absinthe_mind3d

Combichrist is annoying.

Bet they fight over you! You look good...Seattle sounds great, are there any engineering jobs? Cause I might move there.
hehe, thanks...no, most of them have goth girlfriends, and as for jobs, probably...there's a pretty good industrial scene here, Seattle has its own industrial CD store, too...and I have friends in 2 industrial bands.
I'm in a band, but it's a work in progress, at least until I get more equipment/people....also need to finish a few classes and s**t...
but yeah, Seattle is pretty cool.  
The Industrial Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces