Welcome to Gaia! ::

::+ ::The Legends of Zelda Guild::+ ::

Back to Guilds

For fan(atic)s of The Legend of Zelda series. 

Tags: Zelda, Nintendo, Fantasy, Role-play, Link 

Reply ::+ ::The Legends of Zelda Guild::+ ::
Zelda movies???? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should there be Zelda movies?
Sounds good
92%
 92%  [ 25 ]
Not so good
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 27

Naomi Soto

Dapper Hunter

1,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:01 am
I agree that an anime movie would be better because it's an issue trying to find the right person to fit each role. But if someone found some talented actors that looked like Link, Zelda, Malon etc. it would be nice to have a regular movie.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:44 pm
Ok, I wanted to comment on something that I said earlier in this topic.

I said the the anime series I saw of Zelda was pretty awesome. And when I went to go look at the pics on www.ganonstower.com....well, that IS NOT what I remember. I know what I watched and I KNOW that the animation of what I watched was a lot better then that crap.

Forgive me, but looking at those images, I had to convince myself that those were not the series I had grown up remembering. And they DID NOT make me interested in watching that series.

So please don't think that my judgement on the series is bad, but that was not even close to what I was talking about.  

SuperKitty

Wrathful Capitalist

3,650 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Exquisite0802
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:06 pm
Well see, the thing about live-action is that it might actually make its way into regular theaters with the huge Zelda fanbase...even in a small town like mine (we don't get anime, indie or foreign films here) would have it playing. Or so I would hope!

Though the effects would be much better with an animated type o' something...  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:59 pm
So far people have mentioned that we could use Anime or Live filming... but what about 3-Dimnentional Graphics? Alot of movies that are being made now are done in this form, and it wouldnt upset fans like ourselves as its the same way the game is made (almost) So, Link, Zelda, Minda, Malon, Saria, whoever is in the movie, would be recognisable, and would not look like a completely different person.
I think that if a movie of Zelda was Filmed, using Actors and such, it would be hyped up, all the Zelda fans would get excited, but we'd all be estremely dissapointed. It wont be how we imagined it. Anime could work, but it takes alot of effort and time on the film-makers behalf, 3-D animation doesnt take as much effort as Anime, and looks more realistic, anyone have any thoughts on that?  

`Quetie
Crew

Exquisite0802
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:12 pm
Zelda_Kitten
So far people have mentioned that we could use Anime or Live filming... but what about 3-Dimnentional Graphics? Alot of movies that are being made now are done in this form, and it wouldnt upset fans like ourselves as its the same way the game is made (almost) So, Link, Zelda, Minda, Malon, Saria, whoever is in the movie, would be recognisable, and would not look like a completely different person.
I think that if a movie of Zelda was Filmed, using Actors and such, it would be hyped up, all the Zelda fans would get excited, but we'd all be estremely dissapointed. It wont be how we imagined it. Anime could work, but it takes alot of effort and time on the film-makers behalf, 3-D animation doesnt take as much effort as Anime, and looks more realistic, anyone have any thoughts on that?

Ahh, good thinking! 3-D would definitely be an amazing method! Look at the success movies like Shrek and Toystory have enjoyed? That obviously wouldn't hold back American audiences or studios.

I think with such an old franchise, with something as treasured as Zelda...it could, like it was said earlier, be either a HUGE success and be completely breathtaking like...LotR for instance...or a total catastrophe like Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:49 am
Zelda will never be a success with Live actors... It would end up too dissapointing. Lotr worked because It had never been visualised, only imagined, which can be easily altered. Whereas FF wasnt imagined, and the viewers expect the same thing they see on the screen at home.  

`Quetie
Crew

Xander Tarkran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:59 pm
I think that they would alright being live action. The movies would have to be when Link is older and have a dark feel to get the people in the theatres. Also the casting would have to be flawless.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:50 am
Exquisite0802
Zelda_Kitten
Ahh, good thinking! 3-D would definitely be an amazing method! Look at the success movies like Shrek and Toystory have enjoyed? That obviously wouldn't hold back American audiences or studios.

I think with such an old franchise, with something as treasured as Zelda...it could, like it was said earlier, be either a HUGE success and be completely breathtaking like...LotR for instance...or a total catastrophe like Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.
FF: The Spirits Within wasn't live action like LotR; it was 3D animation like what you are suggesting for Zelda; just thought I would point that out...  

Tesla Charlatan

crazy blonde girl
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:39 pm
There was a guy at ganonstower.com who was trying to make a zelda movie. It was suppose to be animated. He kept sending letters to nintendo asking them to approve it but they refused a bunch of times. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:52 pm
Exquisite0802
Zelda_Kitten

I totally agree. If a Zelda movie was made, it would probably be best as a computer animated-type thing.  

SuperKitty

Wrathful Capitalist

3,650 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

`Quetie
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:39 am
Xander Tarkran
I think that they would alright being live action. The movies would have to be when Link is older and have a dark feel to get the people in the theatres. Also the casting would have to be flawless.
Exactly, thats why i say it wont be a success, everyone would want the casting to be 'flawless' but even then, alot of people would have a different view of the 'flawless' actor, therefor, they can never make all the fans happy. Whereas, in 3-D animated form, everyone will recognise the characters as what they want them to be, flawless  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:45 am
SuperKitty
I totally agree. If a Zelda movie was made, it would probably be best as a computer animated-type thing.

lol, yea, because thats how the games are XD

Fiora Vixen
FF: The Spirits Within wasn't live action like LotR; it was 3D animation like what you are suggesting for Zelda; just thought I would point that out...

ok, i didnt know that, i havnt seen The Spirits within myself...

crazy blonde girl
There was a guy at ganonstower.com who was trying to make a zelda movie. It was suppose to be animated. He kept sending letters to nintendo asking them to approve it but they refused a bunch of times. icon_sweatdrop.gif

well then, judging by that alone, there never will be a zelda movie *sigh* sad  

`Quetie
Crew

Tesla Charlatan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:53 am
Zelda_Kitten
SuperKitty

lol, yea, because thats how the games are XD
Exactly ^^ we seem to be making excellent progress with deciding how it should be done ^^
Zelda_Kitten
Fiora Vixen
ok, i didnt know that, i havnt seen The Spirits within myself...
I knew that it was 3D animation before I watched it 'cuz I read an interview about it; I was still blown away by the graphics though ^^
Zelda_Kitten
crazy blonde girl
There was a guy at ganonstower.com who was trying to make a zelda movie. It was suppose to be animated. He kept sending letters to nintendo asking them to approve it but they refused a bunch of times. icon_sweatdrop.gif

well then, judging by that alone, there never will be a zelda movie *sigh* sad
And, thus our hopes get shattered v_v  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:34 pm
thats true crying Unless sometime in the future nintendo actually decides to do one. I doubt it though sweatdrop  

crazy blonde girl
Crew

`Quetie
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:31 am
crazy blonde girl
thats true crying Unless sometime in the future nintendo actually decides to do one. I doubt it though sweatdrop
who knows? maybe thats WHY they wont let anyone else do it, because they want to make one themselves!  
::+ ::The Legends of Zelda Guild::+ ::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff