Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silvrtide
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:25 am
Dictatorial
So I just talked to him. It was.. meh. Most of the things he talked about being in the Air Force was already part of the Marines (you know, normal military benefits shennanigans), and the stuff the Air Force has that the Marines doesn't have didn't affect me at all.

Ugh, the Air Force doesn't even sound like the military. basic Training is only 6.5 weeks long, and there are even some little 'classes' they take during that time; I thought Basic Training was all about... training. Not learning how to balance a checkbook (which he actually said is part of what you learn.)

And some other stuff about how the Air Force people get their own (rather large) dorms and air conditioned tents when they're out on duty. That's like.. BS. That isn't the military. xP

So the Air Force recruiter failed to lure me into his branch. (Though he's got my family pysched, so now I'll have to listen to them say 'oh, but this is so wodnerful!' for weeks.)

i dont give a damn if i dont get the "full ground-troop experience". i am in love with the warthog. you can ask joe to clarify that.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:29 pm
Silvrtide
Dictatorial
So I just talked to him. It was.. meh. Most of the things he talked about being in the Air Force was already part of the Marines (you know, normal military benefits shennanigans), and the stuff the Air Force has that the Marines doesn't have didn't affect me at all.

Ugh, the Air Force doesn't even sound like the military. basic Training is only 6.5 weeks long, and there are even some little 'classes' they take during that time; I thought Basic Training was all about... training. Not learning how to balance a checkbook (which he actually said is part of what you learn.)

And some other stuff about how the Air Force people get their own (rather large) dorms and air conditioned tents when they're out on duty. That's like.. BS. That isn't the military. xP

So the Air Force recruiter failed to lure me into his branch. (Though he's got my family pysched, so now I'll have to listen to them say 'oh, but this is so wodnerful!' for weeks.)

i dont give a damn if i dont get the "full ground-troop experience". i am in love with the warthog. you can ask joe to clarify that.
So much that its scary. I installed air raid sirens in my backyard just in case silver ever decides to "drop in." gonk  

Bossman Joe
Captain

Silvrtide
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:45 pm
yep. there you go. air force for me.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:33 pm
Silvrtide
yep. there you go. air force for me.

Meh.
Whatev.  

Dictatorial

Blaze.C

Versatile Elocutionist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:24 am
Silvrtide
Dictatorial
Silvrtide
hmm... whats so p***y-ish about napalm, 30mm chain guns, cluster bombs, and making tanks a-splode?

It's not the weapons, but the people. Generally, people in the Air Force are pussies who join only to get someone to pay for their college; not because they want to fight in wars.

ugh. i loathe that stereotype. if you see me, im going to get a scholarship. i know i am. but, if i do get money to help pay for college, then WHO WOULD REFUSE? my parents dont nessecarily agree with me going into the military. they give me this, "and then you'll get shot down and killed, and theyre going to bring you home in a box," crap. but you know what? its been my dream to fly since i was a kid, so i ignore them, and it wouldnt hurt blowing some stuff up and protecting people once i get there. if i cant get into the AF, im going to the army to fly a chopper. FLIGHT FACINATES ME.

((and hell, i would love to kick a muhammad-bomber's a**.))

AMEN! lol im joing the airforce as soon as im old enough!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:44 pm
Blaze.C
Silvrtide
Dictatorial
Silvrtide
hmm... whats so p***y-ish about napalm, 30mm chain guns, cluster bombs, and making tanks a-splode?

It's not the weapons, but the people. Generally, people in the Air Force are pussies who join only to get someone to pay for their college; not because they want to fight in wars.

ugh. i loathe that stereotype. if you see me, im going to get a scholarship. i know i am. but, if i do get money to help pay for college, then WHO WOULD REFUSE? my parents dont nessecarily agree with me going into the military. they give me this, "and then you'll get shot down and killed, and theyre going to bring you home in a box," crap. but you know what? its been my dream to fly since i was a kid, so i ignore them, and it wouldnt hurt blowing some stuff up and protecting people once i get there. if i cant get into the AF, im going to the army to fly a chopper. FLIGHT FACINATES ME.

((and hell, i would love to kick a muhammad-bomber's a**.))

AMEN! lol im joing the airforce as soon as im old enough!

damn right.  

Silvrtide
Vice Captain

Khor

High-functioning Humorist

10,750 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:47 pm
My friend recently joined the Air Force....sorry...maybe it was the Navy...dang...really bothers me that I can't remeber....and I can't get y'all any type of quick answer b/c she can only be reached by snail mail right now....

...anywho, she's tough stuff. I miss her too! She was back recently for a few days and my friend and I went to a movie with her just so that the old gang was back togeather for a while...man, I really miss her now...It was around Christmas, so I got her a small wall hanger that says "of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most"...her hug crushed the breath out of me...oh man....

....sorry, I totaly just ranted about nothing...uh...well, laters then, I have homework to do.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:55 pm
If I may...

I'm not going to attempt to tell you that the Air Force is better than the Marines, and how the Marines are extremely overrated. That is my opinion and my opinion alone. Such as yours for you love the of the Corps and not of the Blue. However, the military is the military, no matter what branch you are in. It is never easy. I personally have gone through a life-changing experience in my two years of working for Air Force than I would have trying to get into college. Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do. That is what the Air Force is. Not desk jobs, not playing with giant toys, but doing the best you can do and then some.

I have nothing against the Marines. I have nothing against the Army, and I have nothing against the Navy or Coast Guard. Each branch deserves it's own respect. The Marines have earned theirs through monumental battles, the Air Force has earned theirs through monumental technologies. But do consider that in today's world, those who control the sky have the power.  

trinity_renee

Silvrtide
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:39 pm
very true. every part of the military plays an important role in what we do. without the army or the marines, there would be no way to truly secure a sector of ground. wthout the air force, most of the army and marines would be completely open to air attack, effectivelt slaughtering many of them outright. also, with a couple of freinds in the sky providing air support, you can do things much faster and with fewer lives lost than with ground based units alone.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:29 pm
Alot of the post's here made me angry; the Air Force get's deployed just like everyone else, out of the two years that my husband and i have been together I have only seen him for six months; the negative comments hurt; you should know your subject matter better before you choose to have such a strong opinion. BTW my husband is a loadmaster and will probably throw some of your Army and Marine A** out of a C130 have respect for the guy that has your life in his hands just in case your dumb a** gets towed behind a 130. Don't know what I'm talking about look it up. evil  

Ebby~Davis

The American Military Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces