Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Wicked: A New Musical
Possible different meaning to the end?!?!?!? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the Wizard?
  NO way, not after wat he did to animals!
  eh he's ok
  YES!!! (just cause)
View Results

Judy Garland

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:35 am
In the book Im pretty sure she dies, seeing everyone she knew and then the goddess or something, and talking about the burning pain. In the musical I doubt she melted because remember fiyero stating how ridiculus it was that she would melt in thank goodness.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:21 pm
but as Xx-Glinda the Good-xX said in the book it said:

"The Witch was gone. Dead and Gone."

But it also says, "Did she ever come out? NOT YET. "  

kandyluveer
Crew

WickedWitchElphaba

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:23 pm
I think it's like Rule #4 of WWP's Rules of CONSTANT VIGILANCE (The Ultimate Unofficial Guide to the Mysteries of Harry Potter): Don't take a character's word for it.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:34 pm
good to know!  

kandyluveer
Crew

xXRockPhreakXx

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:19 pm
Wake Me Up....

Hmm.... I know that in the end of the musical Elphie lives. But in the book she is afraid to go near water. So, I think it's more of how you interpret the story.
Before You Go-Go

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:14 pm
I saw the musical, but only on Google. I want to see it live SO bad. I think that in the book, Elphaba died. I don't know exactly. I didn't finish because, frankly, I was offended by the sex. But I'm pretty sure she melted.
Guh, I don't make any sense, do I?  

Durna

kandyluveer
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:20 pm
Well in the book she dies because stupid Dorthy tried to "calm her down" by throwing water on her, and "Accidently" melted her. I havent seen the play soo i dont know what happens, and yes ok, this was just a discussion subject, nothing said here should be taken all personally and junk. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:32 pm
In the musical she wasn't allergic to water! Which i see as very bad because the allergy to water makes her twice as kool.But in the book if you go by what most people thinkwater burned her. I also see the not yet like that!

CelticChloeGirl444

kandyluveer
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:10 pm
ShadowFaerie444
In the musical she wasn't allergic to water! Which i see as very bad because the allergy to water makes her twice as kool.But in the book if you go by what most people thinkwater burned her. I also see the not yet like that!

really?
wow that makes her part completly differnt...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:11 pm
yeah in the book she was on fire and Dorthy wanted to put the fire out, in the play she doesn't have the alergies to water...and another thing in the play Nessa's legs don't work properly and in the book Nessa was born without arms...also in the play Fiyero knows Elphaba tried to save him and in the book everyone thinks he's dead.  

Elphie_defies

kandyluveer
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:28 pm
Renaissancegurl
yeah in the book she was on fire and Dorthy wanted to put the fire out, in the play she doesn't have the alergies to water...and another thing in the play Nessa's legs don't work properly and in the book Nessa was born without arms...also in the play Fiyero knows Elphaba tried to save him and in the book everyone thinks he's dead.

But wat were they going to do for Nessa? Look for people without arms? So they had to handicap here but finding armless actors is kind off hard...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:34 pm
kandyluveer
Renaissancegurl

But wat were they going to do for Nessa? Look for people without arms? So they had to handicap here but finding armless actors is kind off hard...
i know but, they didn't tell like anything of their childhood, also Elphie and Nessa are supposed to have a brother named Shell and Fiyero is supposed to be not liked, but Elphie is nice to him and Dr. Dillamond is supposed to be murdered and last Madame Morrible is supposed to die not go to prison  

Elphie_defies

kandyluveer
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:57 pm
Renaissancegurl
kandyluveer
Renaissancegurl

i know but, they didn't tell like anything of their childhood, also Elphie and Nessa are supposed to have a brother named Shell and Fiyero is supposed to be not liked, but Elphie is nice to him and Dr. Dillamond is supposed to be murdered and last Madame Morrible is supposed to die not go to prison

Ya, and that was my faveorite part in the book, when they were kids.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:56 pm
kandyluveer
Renaissancegurl
kandyluveer
Renaissancegurl

Ya, and that was my faveorite part in the book, when they were kids.
it's the best but the saddest, Elphie's mother is sooooooo mean  

Elphie_defies

Eriks Little Lotte

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:29 pm
I'm still confused about the water thing (at least in the musical...which I saw two days ago!) because when it's raining after the song, she doesn't seem to be affected but then Madame Morrible runs up with an umbrella and reminds her that she cannot get wet...and she stays under the umbrella until they exit the stage. And she does appear to melt at the end (they show her "death" with shadows behind a curtain) from Dorothy throwing water on her. But, it is revealed at the end that she didn't die and like fell through a trapdoor or something (I didn't really understand...). She would almost certainly have been splashed by the water before she could fall into the trapdoor so I'm led to think that she didn't have a problem with water...the only thing that makes me think that she might is that thing that Madame Morrible said...  
Wicked: A New Musical

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff