Do you like the ending of YGO?
  No.
  HELL NO!!!!
  Yes.
  I really don't care.
View Results

Aria Rothsbane

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:13 pm
A while ago I wrote this huge-a** thing on the final episode of Yugioh which ended with Atemu says no to drugs video thingy or whatever...
But yeah,
I think everyone did a little crying. But sad endings are the best because it leaves an impression in your heart and no matter how hard you try you can't forget it. Things like that are sweet. I keep in mind that we all knew he wasn't going to remain there forever and that how he left was an emotional high for both the group AND the viewers. I definitely won't forget it, ever. How to make it stop? Remember that he's happy and his journey is finally over. And realize that if they kept him and kept doing episode's they'd overkill it like Poke'mon. And we REALLY don't want that.
Gosh, now I'm getting all teary eyed. We all loved Atem... but I know I'm happy that he's happy. That's important to remember.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:05 pm
Marikz2Kule
A while ago I wrote this huge-a** thing on the final episode of Yugioh which ended with Atemu says no to drugs video thingy or whatever...
But yeah,
I think everyone did a little crying. But sad endings are the best because it leaves an impression in your heart and no matter how hard you try you can't forget it. Things like that are sweet. I keep in mind that we all knew he wasn't going to remain there forever and that how he left was an emotional high for both the group AND the viewers. I definitely won't forget it, ever. How to make it stop? Remember that he's happy and his journey is finally over. And realize that if they kept him and kept doing episode's they'd overkill it like Poke'mon. And we REALLY don't want that.
Gosh, now I'm getting all teary eyed. We all loved Atem... but I know I'm happy that he's happy. That's important to remember.

amen!  

superwhatever

KaoruIchigo

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:10 pm
Well, it had to end somehow; I didn't expect Yami/Atemu to stay forever, because he is a spirit after all, and spirits need to rest. Plus Yuugi's matured! I love the determination he showed when he accepted the challenge to defeat Yami/Atemu. <3

Not going to lie, I cried when the Door closed. Even though I totally expected it, and read it a couple of times in the manga.

I think I hit a sad phase when I finished the manga...I remember I couldn't write anything related to Yuugiou because I was just stuck. I couldn't read any fanfictions either, whatnot with people writing that Yami/Atemu was still here. Probably couldn't get over the fact Yami/Atemu is gone, so I went on hiatus for a really long time...

I suppose you'll get over it eventually - it took me about two years (haha, an awfully long time), and now I'm writing and reading again. So far, no suicidal tendencies in any of my muses. xP

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:09 pm
Anime's rarely end on happy notes.. I realized that when I watched the ending of Samurai X Reflections with a friend yesterday. I had seen it a long time ago, but she hadn't so we decided we would...
Crying is to be expected... You link an emotional bond with the characters that is almost as real as the one you have with your friends and family. It's just hard to let go.
But you should check out the Japanese ending... There is actually a bit more to the story than just what the american dub version shows... Watch through the credits which actually shows their trip back from Egypt and after the credits... Yuugi does a voice over while he and his friends are walking. It might get you a little more closure... just a little.
But don't, at least in my opinion, read YUU*GI*OU R... (which is for revenge?) It's like YUUGIOU GX, and Takahashi-sensei really didn't do anything but supervise. It has Yuugi and the gang, but Yami no Yuugi isn't there... and I think Seto and Mokuba are away on business in America...
Anyways, Anzu gets kidnapped by Pegasus's brother (who magically now exists) and all they really do is fight and duel to save her. Unless your more into the story for the card game than the actual characters and original story line... you won't like it very much. I've had people ask me before if it would calm them down a bit...
Errr... not in my opinion. It annoys me. Just like YUU*GI*OU GX.

Aria Rothsbane

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:19 pm
Well, I can't vouch for the dub's final episode (never saw it) but I did really like the closure in the Japanese version. Yuugi talked about the same thing he had in the manga: that this hadn't been a story about ancient Egypt, or cardgames, or the Pharaoh regaining his memories; it was a personal story for each individual character, all their cherished memories and friendships that sprouted throughout the story. And also it said something kind of lame like that Yuugi's story was only beginning. ^^;; Please correct me if I'm wrong, because it's been quite a while since I looked at the last manga or watched the last episode, but that's at least along the lines of what I remember watching and also from my crude translation of the ending... XD;;
And that's how R is eh? I thought it stood for "Rebirth" or something lame like that... then again, "Revenge" is pretty lame as well... but I did read the beginning of it quite a while ago, and I could've sworn Yami no Yuugi was in it. o.o The only reason I remember that is because I remember questioning, "WTF? Why's he still here?" I'm probably wrong though. XD;; One thing I do like about R at least, is that the art style is amazingly close to Takahashi Sensei's. At least they stayed true to one part of the original story. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:07 pm
I watched the Japanese ending as well as the manga, still need to see how 4Kids ruinedmade the last part.

@Kitsune-chan: No no, you're right, Yuugi does say "my own story is just beginning" (along those lines).

I haven't ventured into GX/R. o.o
Capsule Monsters, by 4Kids, was...interesting. xd

KaoruIchigo

superwhatever

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:20 am
KaoruIchigo
[
I watched the Japanese ending as well as the manga, still need to see how 4Kids ruinedmade the last part.

@Kitsune-chan: No no, you're right, Yuugi does say "my own story is just beginning" (along those lines).

I haven't ventured into GX/R. o.o
Capsule Monsters, by 4Kids, was...interesting. xd

I agree wit' u on the capsule monsters part 0_o  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:55 pm

Capsule Monsters was EXTREMELY random. I'm sitting there eating pockey and suddenly Jounuchi and Honda start dancing with one another. That's gay if I ever saw it.

@ Kitsune: Are you serious about Yami no Yuugi?? 0.o
My Japanese SUCKS because I have problems reading Kanji *hence why I always ask you for help =^^=* But if it's spoken that's another deal all together... but I still suck. <.<
Hmm... Where was I going with this? Oh, right! I've read some of YUU*GI*OU R... (Aren't there only like... three volumes or something???)
and the site I used actually had it translated up to a certain point... but then it blew up and I had to rummage about on the web and only found Raw manga... which was a pain. So I got up to a certain point and then just kinda stared at the picys and eventually stopped. So I probably didn't read far enough to see if Yami no Yuugi was there... *shrugs* Either that or I'm just an idiot. <- The latter is HIGHLY possible however.
I remember some dude... was his name Richie? *sp* Aw, but he was dueling with Yuugi I think... Like... helping him dueling... not... rival dueling... *sighs*
Anyways the art is pretty good. I REALLY want to go back and read it now... but I can't find it anymore! TT ___ TT
But you can purchase it on ebay... I've seen it before.

Aria Rothsbane

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:05 pm
@Marik: OMG the victory can-can! That was one of the few glimpses I've received of Capsule Monsters, and is probably the reason I don't hate it. XD
And well, I just remember Yami no Yuugi came out to duel the "Shadow Osiris" or whatever that thing was... right at the beginning... *goes digging for random scan* Ah! Here we are: http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e339/KitsuneChan8888888/janime_yugiohR_episode37_20.jpg
That... is Yami no Yuugi, right...? XD;; I never bothered translating any of it so...
And kanji brings us all to failure... kanji must die... ~_~;; And I have no idea how many volumes of YUU*GI*OU R there are... maybe Shonen Jump will translate them eventually.
And no idea who Richie is either! X3 Only've really looked at the beginning and a random duel that Jounouchi was in. Oh, and a part where Kaiba confronted Pegasus' brother... (notice that this guy's so lame that everyone just calls him "Pegasus' brother" because none of us can remember his name...? XD;; )  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:53 pm
Marikz2Kule

Capsule Monsters was EXTREMELY random. I'm sitting there eating pockey and suddenly Jounuchi and Honda start dancing with one another. That's gay if I ever saw it.

@ Kitsune: Are you serious about Yami no Yuugi?? 0.o
My Japanese SUCKS because I have problems reading Kanji *hence why I always ask you for help =^^=* But if it's spoken that's another deal all together... but I still suck. <.<
Hmm... Where was I going with this? Oh, right! I've read some of YUU*GI*OU R... (Aren't there only like... three volumes or something???)
and the site I used actually had it translated up to a certain point... but then it blew up and I had to rummage about on the web and only found Raw manga... which was a pain. So I got up to a certain point and then just kinda stared at the picys and eventually stopped. So I probably didn't read far enough to see if Yami no Yuugi was there... *shrugs* Either that or I'm just an idiot. <- The latter is HIGHLY possible however.
I remember some dude... was his name Richie? *sp* Aw, but he was dueling with Yuugi I think... Like... helping him dueling... not... rival dueling... *sighs*
Anyways the art is pretty good. I REALLY want to go back and read it now... but I can't find it anymore! TT ___ TT
But you can purchase it on ebay... I've seen it before.

i liked the victory dance  

superwhatever

Aria Rothsbane

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:38 pm
@Kitsune: XD Oh god, you're right. He is ALWAYS called Pegasus' brother... <.< for some reason it reminds me of Sol Chevelsky *not even TRYING to spell that right, but if you've played Reshef of Destruction/Darkness, it's kinda Pegasus, kinda not.*
O_______________o y-yeah I'd say that was Yami no Yuugi... unless Yuugi actually gets sexy when he gets older. *Aw, now I feel bad for insulting Yuugi... crying *

Shonen Jump... dear god if they translated YUU*GI*OU GX, they BETTER *holds up spork threateningly* translate YUU*GI*OU R. Or else.. *practices spork jabbing motions*
But watch them do what they did with YUU*GI*OU GX...
'Hello everyone, this is bob... his real name is Amakakeru Ryu no Hirameki, but cause we're America, we renamed him. SO he is BOB.'
o......0
Jaden? JADEN!? WTF it's freakin Juudai! We all know that!!! *flails*
*sigh*
And here I go into rants of fixed rage due to American dubbing companies that refuse to do things right. Look up the term 'American Dubbing COmpanies' in Wikipedia. You'll find 'ignorant' as a description.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:22 am
i was crying so hard...i didnt want yami to go to the after life..i wanted him to stay....it could have been a yaoi moment and then the whole series would have been great...(for my yaoi fangirl self)...but other than that I still cried  

Claire_Hiwatari

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:49 pm
@Marik: Sorry, I never played Reshef of Destruction. XD;; But does anyone know what Pegasus' brother's name is anyway? o.o And who is the older brother??
And Yuugi is sexy... just not the badass sexy like Yami no Yuugi is... more like the... sexy little boy that all the child molesters would go after... in a cute and innocent way, yet still sexy. XD;;;; Catch my drift? But anyway, I really really hope that is Yami no Yuugi... afterall, Yuugi already had his entire franchise taken over by the b*****d... to "become" the guy is even worse in my opinion. Yuugi is not Yami no Yuugi. He is his own person, and will grow up to be his own person. Yami no Yuugi is friggin' dead now!! And yet Yuugi still lives in his shadow! gonk Ahem, sorry... got a little ranty there...
Has Shonen Jump translated the Genex manga? o.o If they do, they'll probably keep the Japanese names like they do with the original manga... Shonen Jump has a tendency to make a lot of stupid mistakes, and fails quite often, but at least they keep the Japanese names... (most of the time XD;; ) and at least they're better than 4Kids...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:36 pm
Shonen Jump in the beginning was great, but then they decided to censor a lot so you would come across problems. I remember you mentioning that you could barely tell what Bandit Keith was saying. Amen. It makes no sense.
Yeah, they've translated it... It appeared in the magazine and my friend lent it to me... Nope, they had his name as Jaden, Zane, whats-his-name *what, Chazz?* and Sirus/Cyrus *can't remember the spelling.* I was so pissed off that I just couldn't read it. I was like "WHAT THE MANK!?"
*sigh* I mean, common... please do it right.

No, I understand the ranting. I agree about Yuugi. Poor little guy *huggles Yuugi plushi only to discover that it is actually a YAMI no Yuugi plushi* ... damn you... you even stole his plushi rights!!! *cries*
No, here's a story about a kid I babysat for a while ago...
I brought him some Yuu*Gi*Ou cards to have because I knew he liked it.. and I did too so I thought 'what the hell'... and his mom noticed them and mentinoed that she had made a Yuugi birthday cake once for him. And me being the Yuugioh freak *twas my nickname at school then* was like 'wait, why would a kid like this little guy have big-eyed Yuugi on his b-day cake??? So I figured it was Yami no Yuugi. "You mean Yami right?"
"..No, Yugi."
"Did he have big happy eyes like these *draws sketch* or evil doom ones like this *draws another sketch*?"
She points to Yami no Yuugi eyes.
"That's Yami."
"No I made a Yuugi cake. I watched the show with him the day before"
...I'm over there wanting to strangle the woman. Like, 'lady, I know what the #*&$ I'm talking about!!!'
So yeah, poor little Yuugi didn't even get recognized. I do feel bad for him.

Aria Rothsbane

mY~sHAKESPEAREAN~rOMANCE

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:18 pm
Moonwing
I was bawling like a colicky newborn at the end, but I also think that was a wonderful way to end it. And I DETEST fanfics that have Yuugi killing himself after. That final duel was supposed to prove whether or not he was able to be on his own. HE WON. I can see him being depressed, yes, but killing himself? As soon as he got to the afterlife Atem would be beating the s**t outta him.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! OMG!! so true....its funny.

i think that could be in a fanfic as a dream....

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
~*The Official Yugioh Yaoi Guild!*~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff