Submit

Hoshigiri

Sparkly Genius

6,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:10 am
Hmm...well Lory did say that since Kyoko is a minor, she's going to need parental permission and all that, so the most likely way that she'll come into the story is that Kyoko will have to go to her and deal with her past.

I think that all the characters are eventually going to have to deal with the darkness of their pasts in order to get it resolved so that they can move forward in life. At least that's what I feel will happen with Kyoko and Ren.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:07 pm
how'd kyoko's mom get dragged into all of this? rofl but... i get the points that everyones throwing out... as for me i havent read vol. 8 yet... and i wont read it til september... but this is an interesting topic... hmm... actually, why doesn't anybody think that kyoko herself would stand up to her mother? because she's matured a lot since she left her home... i don't know... thats what i think...  

shinigamiami

SoraNaegino1339

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:20 pm
hmmmm...this is true. I never thought of it that way. I kinda of see that Kyoko's mom will push her to her limit and all the feelings Kyoko had bottle up like the tears and pain along with anger and hatred will come out and the her mom would back down because she never saw this side of Kyoko. But again that's just what I think. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:23 pm
That I think is also likely to happen, Kyoko standing up to her mother, but I still think she will need the support of her friends in order to have the courage to do so. At least, that's what I think.  

Hoshigiri

Sparkly Genius

6,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300

Fuyu Maiden
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:02 am
I don't know if Kyoko is going to be able to stand up to her mother (I'm reviving this thread, because the topic is so interesting to discuss). I've noticed in a lot of series I've read (both manga and novels) and from a few things I've seen in real life...it takes a lot more for someone to stand up to their parents than it does for them to stand up to just about anyone else, especially if you're unsure if that parent loves you...and Kyoko defenitely is unsure of that, in fact she believes her mom may hate her.

From one of the only time Kyoko's mom has been mentioned (after the acting with Maria), Kyoko looked incredibly depressed, not angry, so I get the feeling that in this case, Kyoko just wants to avoid her mother, not fight her. Of course, we still don't know much about Kyoko's situation, just that her mother abandoned her and never acted like a mother to her. We don't know why and all that.

But I was also thinking about when Kyoko's mom would think to come and find Kyoko. I get the feeling that if it's because she sees her on TV, it won't be for a while. Because of Kyoko's "transformation" even Sho who had known her right before the transformation didn't recognize her. It seems like Kyoko's mother hasn't seen much of Kyoko since she was a child. Then there's also the fact that most of the time when Kyoko is on TV, she is unrecognizable even from her "current self" because of her make-up, hair, and her acting as well.

*sigh* I wonder when Kyoko's mom is going to show up...it seems like that encounter is still a ways off. It seems like there's so many other things that have to be resolved as well...and Yoshiki Nakamura just keeps on bringing up new things to deal with. *sigh* I wonder when exactly Skip Beat! will end.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:40 pm
I was thinking that Kyoko's father might also be a reason why her mother is so cold torwards her. Since he's never mentioned in the series as far as i've read and I just assumed he was dead.

But I think that Sho would have enough brains and heart to say something if Kyoko's mom showed up enexpectedly. But if Ren were there instead of Sho, he would be gentelmanly with it being completely obvious he was trying to verbaly assault her. whee

I think they would both stand up for her, but it confuses me a bit of who would so it more. Since Ren has, clearly, growing feelings for Kyoko, but Sho knows about Kyoko's mom and old life and stuff. I'm thinking that if Sho was at all Kyoko's friend ever, he would stand up for her at least a little bit.

Maybe all the nice characters of Skip Beat! like Lory and Kanae and Maria and all of Kyoko's showbiz buddies could congregate against Kyoko's mom and, I don't know... do mean things?

xXGazzTheHalfXx

Hoshigiri

Sparkly Genius

6,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:52 am
If Kyoko's mom does ever show up in the manga, I believe it would be towards the very end of the series. It would have to be one of those final confrontation type of things. I also believe that Ren finally confessing to Kyoko would be something that happens only towards the very end.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:30 am
Actually, I've been agreeing about Ren being all gentlemanly until I reread volume 8 once it came out in English.

There are times when Ren is mean without being all gentlemanly. When he's really upset he can't help it. So I'm sure that Kyoko's mom would get to see the dark Ren that has only been directed at Kyoko until now. After all, Ren knows how much Kyoko has cried over her mother, so I think he'd be mad enough to lose his gentlemanly smile.

Well the thing about Kyoko's mom showing up at the end is weird because in a long series like Skip Beat the end is really long. In Fruits Basket the ending spanned about three volumes. By the ending I mean where all the major conflicts were finally brought up and until they were resolved completely. If you read InuYasha (which is absolutely an incredibly long manga and shouldn't really be used in this situation) the ending seems to have been going on for quite some time. I'd say at least twenty chapters and there's still not a real end in sight.

Fuyu Maiden
Captain

Hoshigiri

Sparkly Genius

6,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:33 am
This is a sad thought...but one way for the manga-ka to avoid even bringing Kyoko's mom into the picture at all is to have Kyoko wait a few years until she was 18 or whatever the age limit in Japan is where she is not a minor in order to fully debut. Who knows, it may take her that long to fully finesse her skills to be acting movie ready, though for her I really doubt it will be that long.

Of course I feel that ending to be very unlikely. I mean they brought in Ren's father and semi-settled his past so they may do the same for Kyoko to bring about more character development.

Ok, this is a completely unrelated thing, but they should have a special chapter at the end of one of the volumes where it's the drama that Ren and Kyoko are in "Dark Moon." I want to see the actual story. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:20 pm
i think it would be sho, mostly because he does what he wants withought giving it much thought. He would probebley be angrey and loud too. Although if it were to be be ren i would say he would stand infrount of kyoko a little or put a hand infront og her and first listen to what the mom had to say unless he was already mad to begine with than he would speak deathy threats like crazy after she was done or somewhat anyway. buuuuut I donno. pirate see you in the next volume!!! rofl  

Freaking-Pariah

nuGen Staff Survivor

4,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Wall Street 200

melodixminor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:24 pm
I think sho would either lash out instantly or have a freeze 'ahh what do I do!' moment. Ren might be a bit confused if he just saw kyoko freeze up at the sight of her mum and not know why. (coz why would he know what her mum looks like?) Sho would probably react first though, and it'd be nice instead of lashing out he'd just turn away and take kyoko (and ren) away from the situation. Pfft mature and sho dont really go together though smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:05 pm
I think theres more than meets the eye.
Ren will probably end up protecting her!<3
However, sho...well i think he would try
but got there to late.
Idk.  

Jaaanis25

protecterofelements

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:32 am
if i had to choose between them i would go with Sho everytime at least he acknowldeged her even if she wasn't perfect  
Versus (Polls and Discussions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff