Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Official J-Rock Guild
Welcome (Read the Rules Here) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MadTiger
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:24 pm
Hi biggrin

X-Japan are probably good to start with. What kind of music do you like, generally? Harder? More melodic?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:25 pm
I could probably listion to both but I tend to like harder stuff more. lol not to sound weird either but I could probabaly listion to bands that have the whole dyed hair and make-up thing going on lol seeing is how I am huge fan of 80's hair band music people that are in bands like that would probaly be somthing I would totally dig. smile
MadTiger
Hi biggrin

X-Japan are probably good to start with. What kind of music do you like, generally? Harder? More melodic?

Stella_Starwind

MadTiger
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:14 pm
Cool.
Try Dir en grey and The Back Horn, to start, I guess.
Dir en grey are pretty heavy and pretty damn famous. I suppose they're visual, but since they've done A LOT, that's debatable. You should try them just to see what everyone's been obsessing over ._. I'd say they're the most popular "Jrock" band outside of Japan. They have tons of fans.

As for the Back Horn, they're not visual at all, just very very awesome. Some of the best music I've heard. Really.

To start, just look at the more popular stuff, and then you'll figure out which direction you wanna go in from there biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:30 pm
Cool, I difantly try to check them out lol I am going to add you to my friends list if thats ok...since you kind of just took over JRock buddy position I was looking for. Besides you seem like a very nice person that I would like to get to know further.
MadTiger
Cool.
Try Dir en grey and The Back Horn, to start, I guess.
Dir en grey are pretty heavy and pretty damn famous. I suppose they're visual, but since they've done A LOT, that's debatable. You should try them just to see what everyone's been obsessing over ._. I'd say they're the most popular "Jrock" band outside of Japan. They have tons of fans.

As for the Back Horn, they're not visual at all, just very very awesome. Some of the best music I've heard. Really.

To start, just look at the more popular stuff, and then you'll figure out which direction you wanna go in from there biggrin

Stella_Starwind

MadTiger
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:26 pm
Ahh no problem. It's just that I might not be online for a while. I have things due this week x_x  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:44 pm
Our radioblog is a nice platform to start from of things that havent gotten as much exposure in the English speaking fanbase. Listen to it. :3  

i know nothing.

Feral Goat

MadTiger
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:56 pm
i know nothing.
radioblog
3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:13 pm
I wonder when the next time I update it will be. D:  

Kaidan
Captain

Ruthless Informer

MadTiger
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:23 pm
Now. heart  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:58 pm
Already?  

Kaidan
Captain

Ruthless Informer

Calica

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:51 pm
Hi, I just joined today.

Hmm... I don't really know what to say about myself. My favorite bands are L'arc~en~ciel and Asian Kung-fu Generation. And.... yah, that's all I have for now ^^;  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:54 pm
*claps and welcomes*  

Kaidan
Captain

Ruthless Informer

MadTiger
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:27 pm
Hey hey ~
welcome.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:34 am
Joined...some time ago, I suppose. I've just never had the chance to post in the old 'Guild forum'-only thread. sweatdrop

Anyway, I've started to play L'arc~en~Ciel, FAKE?, and Asian Kung-Fu Generation songs lately (I play guitar and am in a band), and so I thought it would be healthy for me if I expand my knowledge of j-rock. 3nodding

What else? I watch anime and read some manga occasionally, and can speak a little bit of Japanese. My favourite j-rock bands are Siam Shade, L'arc~en~Ciel, and X-Japan--not necessarily in that order. 3nodding  

In Vertigo

Onmyouza-tou

Clean Smoker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:15 am
ummm....yo...i'm sai, and stuff.
in the real world, i'm a freelance writer, and i do tons of articles about, like, jrock and japanese culture, and i, like, get paid for them...so, of course, i like jrock a lot...and i'm pretty sure it likes me...and my fav ban is dir en grey, yeah....

The Official J-Rock Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff