Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Lolita Society.

Back to Guilds

Tags: gothic lolita, japanese fashion, lolita 

Reply The Lolita Society.
What did you buy? thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

spuntino
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:53 pm
I'm still debating things, but I may be coming into another stash of clothing soon. <_<;;;

I just bought a pair of ivory socks from Baby via one of the many lucky pack sales people are having. They're OTKs and absolutely delicious. They have thin cluny lace at the top, as well as small satin ribbons to tie into bows.

... I really ought to get around to just taking photos already. XD;

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:41 pm
I'm giving Candy Violet a go.

User Image

User Image

biggrin

The Marquise

Dapper Noob

`MaliceMizer

Wheezing Codger

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:19 pm
There was a convention I went to just yesterday. The one where BTSSB was.

There was this homesewn booth that everyone was wearing clothing from.

I don't remember the brand, but when I do I WILL POST IT!

NEVER buy from that woman! Her garments were shoddily made and you could tell if her customers had been by the area - they left behind a trail of fraying thread. All the ribbons unraveled, the blouse materials were much too stiff and thick, the lace was inferior! Not to mention that the clothing was rivaling brand prices. The woman who ran the booth was FIXING THE DISPLAY GARMENTS as people were shopping around! Terrible.

I really should've posted this when I could remember the name.

If this post doesn't belong here, tell me where it goes and I'll paste it somewhere else - but this brand is a ripoff and our good, well-intentioned Lolitas deserve to know if they're getting scammed or not!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:41 pm
I believe the brand your talking about is The White Peacock and it's known around the more knowledgeable Lolita's that their a piece of crap  

-Lolita_Kana-
Captain

Partying Genius

12,615 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

spuntino
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:40 pm
I still can't believe that The White Peacock is opening a physical store. =/
Some people are saying "they've improved! Their new line is great!" but I'll believe it when I see it. So far, they've just sold over-priced, tacky garbage bags covered in equally over-priced, tacky lace in my opinion.

ANYWAY! To go along with my jewelry making binge, I bought some cheap pocket watches on eBay. I ordered from this store:

EveryDayForU2008

The watches I ordered were the skull pocket watch, and two key pocket watches in different styles. I can't wait for them to get here. (:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:02 am
`MaliceMizer
There was a convention I went to just yesterday. The one where BTSSB was.

There was this homesewn booth that everyone was wearing clothing from.

I don't remember the brand, but when I do I WILL POST IT!

NEVER buy from that woman! Her garments were shoddily made and you could tell if her customers had been by the area - they left behind a trail of fraying thread. All the ribbons unraveled, the blouse materials were much too stiff and thick, the lace was inferior! Not to mention that the clothing was rivaling brand prices. The woman who ran the booth was FIXING THE DISPLAY GARMENTS as people were shopping around! Terrible.

I really should've posted this when I could remember the name.

If this post doesn't belong here, tell me where it goes and I'll paste it somewhere else - but this brand is a ripoff and our good, well-intentioned Lolitas deserve to know if they're getting scammed or not!

Oh my goodness gracious, I know this is an odd question but I'm an anime fan and I couldn't make it this year and I just have to know -- did you see any Phoenix Wright cosplayers, or hear anything about the new Ace Attorney game? I'm not expecting anything much because the Tokyo Game Show is coming up. That's when Capcom is supposedly going to bring out the big guns on Gyakuten Kenji (Turnabout Prosecuter). As you can see in my siggie, I'm quite anxious for more announcements. ^_^"

I was at a convention as well recently, and a friend I knew was with another friend, and the other friend bought something from The White Peacock. Believe you me, I practically forced down my friend's throat not to buy from The White Peacock, but she ended up spending less than $40 on one of their dresses. I won't say what she plans to do with it, but I'm worried that she thinks she's lolita when, in truth, she bought a cheap garment.

And spuntino -- I love those watches you're getting! I think those, as well as the Hello Kitty belt buckles, look adorable.

Crystal Orchid

gothic_lolita_chic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:08 am
i recently bought a bunch of stuff from Bodyline, and i love them! so heres some pics that i finally got around to taking
User Image

User Image
Back View

User Image

and this is a skirt i bought in Little Tokyo when i was in California
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:23 pm
Yeah... White Peacock is pretty godawful.

And gothic_lolita_chic-- you look cute! smile  

Cryrin

`MaliceMizer

Wheezing Codger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:33 pm
The White Peacock? That doesn't sound right.

Has anyone been to New York Anime Festival?

Let me check if TWP has a website so I can verify their crap matches the crap I'm talking about. Crap.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:39 pm
It's not the White Peacock.

Let me see if I can find a list of vendors from the convention. gonk

I will make sure to find out the name of that stupid, cheap, scamming vendor!!

Lady Heather's Fashions.

THAT'S IT. I don't know if there's a website for that chick's things, but, if there's a blacklist or a DO NOT BUY FROM list, add that name to it!!

`MaliceMizer

Wheezing Codger

gothic_lolita_chic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:05 pm
oh goodness, i looked them up on google and sure enough they have a website. i gagged. majorly.
for a good look on a How NOt to Dress page, click here!

i have to say... this looks worse than even the white peacock  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:41 pm
Actually, it looks better than TWP to me, just because she has the basic shapes and styles right. It looks like she's possibly buying from F+F to resell, however, or just copying brands like they do. The materials are still of inferior quality, nothing looks ironed, and the skirts and sleeves are all waaaaaaay long.

On a HAPPY note, I just won an auction for a milk skirt with apples on it, bought a white peter pan collar Meta blouse on EGL, and am bidding on a supercheap, black velveteen jacket from Meta so I won't freeze when I go out in lolita this fall/winter. <_<;

spuntino
Crew

`MaliceMizer

Wheezing Codger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:19 am
Pictures when you get it?♥♥♥  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:01 pm
I probably won't have it until at least November, but here's the Yahoo! Auction for it! I did win! ;D

Meta Velveteen Jacket

spuntino
Crew

The Lolita Society.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games