Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Back to Guilds

Reply The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition
The Hangout....where sanity is overrated. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 277 278 279 280 281 282 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Iyou

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:27 am
Oni - xd Oh man, if I was a brass player, I'd empty my spit valve on people all the time... "I'm flat?! Well flat this!! *plop*"

Shiro - Thanks! whee It's been two years since I quit playing though, and the rental bass I had to practice on is long gone from my house. My parents did get me a bass guitar for Christmas one year, though, but I hardly even touch it. sweatdrop Even though the finger patterns are the same, I still can't get used to holding the fingerboard sideways and using the frets. They seem so unnecessary... xp

I think I'd still be in orchestra if I had just chosen to play the cello in the first place. I love that instrument...  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:56 am
Oni - neutral Wind, Percussion, Strngs and Brass....

yeah, that's right... but as far as i can remember, Piano's keys ARE like those on the guitars... the only difference is the way you play those strings... for example

on guitars, you "pick" or pluck the strings in order to create sound.. this holds true for bass as well

on piano, the keys pressed "hit" the accoring string, thus releasing sound when in vibration... it isn't that different from strings.

noteworthy mention is the violin/viola/cello... these instruments CAN be plucked as well, but arent... instead you literally grind the nylon wand piece (forgot how you call that xp ) onto the strings, thus creating the sound of the strings "mourning" or "dancing" depending on what type of genre and tempo of said genre while the instrument is played.

so if we take a closer look, piano might not need a wand in order to know it's tempo, because it is an instrument that has it's own bass section which accompanies it's high register

most instruments, like guitars, basses, violins, cellos, flutes have a certain register pitch... guitars fall on the mid-to-high register... (usually starting from E) and Violins have high registers only (most violins start at a register of G) in the Piano's case... it can register from the lowest ot the highest of notes, and is usually the keeper of the beat (or tempo) when a percussion instrument is missing (percussion includes: drums, tambourines, congas, bongos, cymbals)

what i didn't know was trumpet not being a part of the wind instruments... biggrin so that's something new i learned today! ^^

Iyou - You're Welcome 3nodding it has been 6 years since i was taken out of my musics class due to low grades at school, but even so, i have kept playing on what i learned from my one year of music lessons...

nowadays what i do is create licks and arrange them into songs... and the other night when you asked me what i was doing, well.. it was that ^^ ...

right now i'm still writing it so i don;t know when it will end... but i have a tendency to not finish them unless i have enough enthusiasm/spare time... meh ... who knows neutral i might end up asking S.j. to upload it onto her site for leeching! xd (nah, if ya want it when finished [IF finished] i'll tell you to get it thru AIM ^^)

Shiro Nishida

Tipsy Werewolf

Shiro Nishida

Tipsy Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:01 pm
well well well... all this instrument and music babble has got me to do some searching for guitars i want to buy (ifg i could! crying )

and it leads me to my choice of dream guitar and guitar i'm most likely to buy because it's that cool xd

(dream guitar)

(teh guitar!)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:02 pm
your solved the argument. i did say you can pluck the strings, but the reason the piano is in percusion is becouse it stikes the strings. other than that we could disscuss this all day, not wanting to do that.

in other news, i just got a cyrstall ball pop up. it told me to ask it something. so i asked if it was a virgin. it had to think for about five minuits before i x'd out of it.  

oni cypress

Chibi Koji

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Wow, go Oni. eek I hate all you guys, I wish I could play an instrument. sweatdrop I tried to play the flute, and did horrible at it. I did manage to pass through a concert once, but after that I quit.

Why are you hitting on the crystal ball? o_o xd

I just got a shot of gold, but I cant remeber anything I wanted to buy! stressed Must go buy useless items...again.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:20 pm
how bout you save up.

hmm, shaman king is on. the dub, god the dub is horrid.

wow the flute. i will never attempt to play that.  

oni cypress

Shiro Nishida

Tipsy Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:20 pm
i solved it? neutral ... if you say so though confused

i'd like to discuss this further with you and any other person who could tell us we are both wrong/ right or draw

because if i am wrong, i can learn from this mistake 3nodding . plus i LOVE learning about things i thought were on one side, and actually i was wrong the whole time (plus it also expands my musical knowledge even more 3nodding )

but... if you wish it, there will be no more discussion sad

crystal balls scare me... especially the electric ones ... because they create static on yo hands... and get electrocuted by change in your pocket crying

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:23 pm
Pah! Koji does not save! Koji never saves! domokun

I think Ill go buy people presents! That way no one can say I never did anything for anyone... ninja  

Chibi Koji

Sir Langley
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:24 pm
Nyome > ... Into a... Jar?! O_O Hmmkay, I'll be extra careful around you. Especially with those wings on your head. sweatdrop

Shiro > Yes. Cowgirl... now if only they had yellow chaps... rolleyes

Aww instruments! Lang has a guitar, but can only play 1.5 songs. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:27 pm
o god, a spider man commercial just said "and fight against doc ocks dangerous tentacles." i never want to here that.

shiro, you just said something that proved my view.  

oni cypress

oni cypress

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:32 pm
yes i saw that guitare in you photos.

ooo! ooo! one of my friends made his own electric guitar. although not painted yet.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:35 pm
Buah ha ha, Im gonna go do stuff.

Look at my ugly Luffy cosplay! Grah ha ha! domokun  

Chibi Koji

oni cypress

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:38 pm
um, your a tourist! yeah! thats got to be it!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:40 pm
*slaps oni*

No. biggrin Its Luffy from One peice, or the best I could remeber anyways. I wasted gold, again! 4laugh Im gonna get even more to waste later...isnt it grand? whee

Im gonna go now, see you all later. mrgreen  

Chibi Koji

Iyou

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:45 pm
Shiro and Oni - Er, if I could offer my opinion... sweatdrop Both of you are essentially right. The piano has strings in it that are struck by hammers attached to the keys, and I think that it can either be put in the string or percussion families. (It's my opinion that it belongs in the percussion family though, since other instruments with keyboards, like the xylophone or marimba, are classified as percussion instruments.) However, virtually none of the skills you learn as a string player can be transferred to playing any of the keyboard instruments, except for basic stuff like timing/tempo, sense of rhythm and pitch, etc... Believe me, I've tried. xp I used to be able to play masterpieces by Beethoven and Bach on my bass (haha, alliteration domokun ), but I can hardly pound out Heart of Gold or Hot Cross Buns on a piano. Learning which keys are located where on a piano doesn't help you learn the finger positions on a violin at all.

Edit: Luffy!! xd heart *tackles*  
The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 277 278 279 280 281 282 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games