Welcome to Gaia! ::

9th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

Tags: Annual Ball, User Run, 9th Annual Ball, Gaia Ball 

Reply Room Planning
Haus D'Amour (Envy & Love Planning Room) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 39 40 41 42 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jinarrow
Crew

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:21 am
Indeed. =D Everyone up for that name? 8D  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:14 pm
I like it :3
By tha way, Happy Easter ya'll.
Now I just need an excuse as to why I shouldn't wear a dress... >.<

With the name, maybe we should add something on the end so people who aren't so bilingual will know who we are at a first glance, like Haus de Amor - House of Love or Love and Envy or something similar. Or Haus de Amor (Love and Envy/ House of Love). Thoughts?  

Swervey

Sublette

7,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:41 pm
Haus de Amor, love and envy's paradise.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:04 pm
*hoo hoo da hell is Hedwig my name is Petri- Ryan Higa*
I think we should put the love and envy in brackets at the end of Haus de Amor wink
and fail Yui, only I am as crazy about HP as you to put references everywhere.
*swish and flick*  

ShiinaNinja

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

Swervey

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:27 pm
ShiinaNinja
I think we should put the love and envy in brackets at the end of Haus de Amor wink
*swish and flick*

It's windgardium leviosa, not wingardium leviossa
XD
My friend and I made a real life connection about harry potter. Since we're learning about the Holocaust and Hitler, I realized Voldemort killed the mudbloods like Hitler killed the Jews (and Polish, Gypsies, etc).
Have you ever seen A Very Potter Musical?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:07 pm
Haus de Amor

It DOES sound classy.... *w*

HAPPY EASTER, EVERYOOOONE!! 8D 8D 8D *throws party crackers*  

Jinarrow
Crew

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Swervey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:17 pm
It's totally perfect for an old Victorian mansion.
Good job cakes!! *throws confetti at you*  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:12 pm
-The Dusk Sky-
ShiinaNinja
*swish and flick*

It's windgardium leviosa, not wingardium leviossa
XD
My friend and I made a real life connection about harry potter. Since we're learning about the Holocaust and Hitler, I realized Voldemort killed the mudbloods like Hitler killed the Jews (and Polish, Gypsies, etc).
Have you ever seen A Very Potter Musical?

student- we huflpuffs are great finders* dumboldore- what the hell is a huflpuff? greatest line of all time lol  

Sublette

7,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200

Jinarrow
Crew

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:27 am
Alright, guys. So the room name has been decided! 8D 8D 8D YAAAAAAAAY! Progress!!

Now, lets start the countdown... If the Ball date is at July 29th as scheduled, we only have 3 months left. 3 months left to get everything done. This is kind of a wake-up call: We really don't have much time left, considering the things we still need to get done. So I pretty much need all of your co-operation from here onwards. This is pretty important.

Since the room name is decided, I have three tasks for all room members, and all these must be completed on time.

1) Room Introduction
The room intro is always the first post of each room, sort of writing about how the Ball go-ers end up in the room. I need all room members to write a room introduction, and we'll pick the best of each room intro and combine it together. The room introduction must be at least a few paragraphs long, vividly describing the atmosphere surrounding the Ball-goers as they slowly approach the room, and the sight that greets them when they enter the room. One thing you must remember: Since our room plot involves a Yeti, it's probably snowing/blizzard-ing outside the mansion.

Here are a few examples of room introduction:
Hades Palace Room Intro: Doesn't have to be THAT long, but you can see the detailed description we need.

Forest of Divine Room Intro: Preferably a little longer than this and a little more detailed, but it's short and simple. Nice.

Deadline: 8th of May (2 weeks from now)

2) A short introduction for your characters
Just a short description of your characters, about a few short paragraphs (shorter than the room intro).
Example: Hades Palace Gods

Deadline: 1st of May (1 week from now)

3) A short intro of yourselves
Just one paragraph long
Example: Scroll Downwards after The Gods

Deadline: 1st of May (1 week from now)

These must be submitted by their respective deadlines in this thread. I will edit all the work and put the room intro together, which will probably take a week or two.

Regarding the contests, please check out the front page of this thread under the room contests post, where I am finalising them. If there are any mistakes or last changes you wish to make, please inform me cause I have forgotten some of the things. Sailor, you have not replied me when I asked about your problematic contest, so I assumed you are not going to be hosting any contests during the Ball. This is your final chance if you want to host a contest.

Dusky, I need to discuss with you a few things about the plot work. Remember the riddles and the mansion layout? I've researched a few things about mansions and kinda wanted to discuss a little bit about them. As for the 6 riddles, I haven't started since we need to confirm the layout first. XD So, are you free next Saturday? Or Friday? I'm free the whole week at anytime, so just set a time and I'll meet you to discuss. I need to get everything important done before I return to Malaysia in June 19th, because by then it'll be extremely difficult to meet up with everyone.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:26 am
Room Rules:

1. Adhere to the ToS. This includes keeping everything under PG-13. If you do not follow this rule you will be chewed to death by Luke's dog. He will be watching.

2. No flaming, trolling, spamming or bumping. In the case that you do not follow this rule you will be sentenced to spend every evening with Juan whereby you will forced to learn 'proper' ethics, mannerism, dress code, ways of eating, down to the proper way to wear your shoes until your dying day. Ouch.

3. Do not quote excessively. The extent of your punishment will be determined by Mitsukai the guardian angel, depending on how large your quote tower grows, so refrain from having more than 4 quotes in a post.

4. Never stretch our pages or quote the first page. The consequences of breaking this rule are dire. We will have ghost Shizuki and Vincent haunt you for the rest of your life, AND afterlife.

5. Respect the NPCs, their workers, and any other members of the ball. Disrespecting anyone (especially your hosts, who have worked so hard to make this happen) will result in you being stabbed by James' broken glass shards, Rosetta's gardening tools and Reine's stake. Quite a terrible way to die, I must say.

Everyone happy with the room rules?  

Jinarrow
Crew

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:45 am
I have a suggestion, since it seems like you want the french name the correct spell would be Haus D'amour. Meaning the House of Love. That is a suggestion but it is up to you.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:35 am
Haus de Amor whoot great room name.
Yeah! I love the rules. *Hehehe thinking up punishments already ^_^*
Happy easter everyone!  

yui-roks

7,825 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200

yui-roks

7,825 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:48 am
(Dark/Evil music) *Door falls down* "Sorry about that!"

The name's Malfoy, Draco Malfoy.

I know who you are, you're Harry Potter! I'm Hermione Granger. And you are?

Ron Weasley.

Pleasure.

I Love Harry Potter. Has anyone watched the potter puppet pals on youtube. They are so funny! ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:26 pm
ok it has been written, post for changes biggrin

.Welcome to the 9th anual ball!
I am James the bartender, host of the love and envy art contest.

.First, i have some basic rules for the contest (*'s are the most important):

*1.People can only submit ONE entry, so make it count.

2.No trolling, this may go with the Gaia TOS, which should always be flowed.

3.Be a good sport, don't let me see fits of rages because you have been eliminated.

4.Please, don't rain down on someone if you have lost, it is unfriendly and also breaks rule 2 and 3.

*5.All sketches and or art must be about THIS ROOM, if not, they will not qualify, sketches can range
from the characters of the room, to the mansion, or rooms in the mansion.

*6. the deadline is the 2nd day of the ball, 1p.m. MTN. time.

Okay, now that's sorted, we may begin the fun stuff *yay*:

qualifications:
To qualify, you must send me your picture in a pm to me, with user name, which character,
outside the mansion, inside a room in the mansion, a character in a room in the mansion, etc.
should look like this:
picture
character
user name

how it works:
After the deadline, i will eliminate 1 or 2 contestant(s) every 30min. this will go on until there are 3 people
left, in which i will open a poll to let the public vote for the winners.  

Xander Nero

Swervey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:25 pm
Shu: I am free next Saturday or Friday. On Friday, I get back from school at around two (my time). I'm not sure the time difference between us, but I think thats kind of late for you? It would be an hour later then when the meeting used to be. Saturday: I'm pretty much free all day. We could meet up anytime. I feel bad because I haven't done much research on mansions, but I'll work on it this week.
Also, the rules are fantastic (as usual) XD Especially 2 and 5. That should scare the trollers.
And do you think we should do Luke and Juan's description together? Because we kind of need the backstory to describe each of them and it doesn't make a lot of sense (to me) to repeat the backstory twice in each description. Unless we put their story somewhere else, but I'm not sure where it would go.

Sub/Yui: Voldemort: "I thought that killing people would make them like me more... but it just makes them dead."
And Malfoys homemade dark mark. XD It's the most amazing thing on the interwebs, I must admit.

Yui: Yes. I have seem the HPPP. Buuut we may want to only be distracted by one Harry Potter thing or we'll be too off task >.<

Sub: Sounds good, you may not want to promise you'll eliminate every half hour though. Things can get pretty hectic during the ball and you may get to the point where you just want to finish the contest or you don't have time at the moment to deal with it.

Epcot: Thanks for the suggestion, we may want to change that XD

Also, everyone, if you don't meet the deadlines there will be dire consequences. O.O Just kidding, but we do need to meet these deadlines. We have a lot of crap to do before the ball. If you need help with the character description, you can look at the profiles you all made for your characters and the descriptions shu wrote up of them awhile ago.

AND because I always do this, for if I don't I end up looking through a million pages for stuff, here is a list of where crap is:
17: Characters (Although most of them have been changed since then), Luke's profile
18: Shizuki's, Mitsukai's, Juan's, and Reine's Profile (But we've changed stuff a lot since then >.< Can still be useful for reference, though)
19: Sailor's avatar, but it might end up being a bit different since we've changed her to be a ghost, and Juan's tektek,
20: Jame's profile
21:Some information about Luke and Juan.
24: Character change with Luke, Juan, Mitsukai, and Reine to fit the plot better (Useful), and plot
25: Rosetta's profile (cakes)
29: Room rules

I dunno if anyone else will find this useful, but I dislike going through 29 pages of STUFF to find ONE post. DX  
Room Planning

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 39 40 41 42 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games