Q&A Thread on anything Gundam Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stray Bullet Shani

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:02 pm
NewtypeS3
I mean, Kira can't be a Newtype because he's already a Coordinator. Aside from that being rediculously overpowering from a writer's pov, there is almost no proof aside from the NT flashes in those few times Kira uses the Dragoons on S-Freedom - and those are the ones enhanced to support people without the 'enhanced spatial awarness' that was needed for the Gunbarrels and Providence.

I've heard lots of people say, definitively, that they are indeed the same kind as Legend's DRAGOONS. However, Legend is a ZAFT suit, made through what I would assume is confidential ZAFT technology. Strike Freedom is not, most likely, as it uses the old ZAFT serial number setup, and ZAFT had now switched over to a new power source used in even its best new MS. Given Dullindal's apparent espionage prowess (gaining access to the Destroy and Requim blueprints...which was actually gained through a spy he apparently had in LOGOS, someone who he'd taken out of the LOGOS lineup he'd aired. This explains that blank spot in the lineup, and is shown in one of the volumes of the Destiny Astray manga) I would think that his being stolen from is highly unlikely. Also...if it indeed was the user-friendly type, why did Kira have a NT ping at all, in direct relation to his using them? I know Rey had one or two in the final battle as well, but if memory serves, they were detection rather than DRAGOON usage. And exactly how would being a coordinator and a newtype be mutually exclusive? With the lacking of information on CE NTs, I wouldn't think we could make such definite statements.
'Course, I'm not debating anything here, but rather seeking clarification as Barsona was.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:28 pm
Stray Bullet Shani
NewtypeS3
I mean, Kira can't be a Newtype because he's already a Coordinator. Aside from that being rediculously overpowering from a writer's pov, there is almost no proof aside from the NT flashes in those few times Kira uses the Dragoons on S-Freedom - and those are the ones enhanced to support people without the 'enhanced spatial awarness' that was needed for the Gunbarrels and Providence.

I've heard lots of people say, definitively, that they are indeed the same kind as Legend's DRAGOONS. However, Legend is a ZAFT suit, made through what I would assume is confidential ZAFT technology. Strike Freedom is not, most likely, as it uses the old ZAFT serial number setup, and ZAFT had now switched over to a new power source used in even its best new MS. Given Dullindal's apparent espionage prowess (gaining access to the Destroy and Requim blueprints...which was actually gained through a spy he apparently had in LOGOS, someone who he'd taken out of the LOGOS lineup he'd aired. This explains that blank spot in the lineup, and is shown in one of the volumes of the Destiny Astray manga) I would think that his being stolen from is highly unlikely. Also...if it indeed was the user-friendly type, why did Kira have a NT ping at all, in direct relation to his using them? I know Rey had one or two in the final battle as well, but if memory serves, they were detection rather than DRAGOON usage. And exactly how would being a coordinator and a newtype be mutually exclusive? With the lacking of information on CE NTs, I wouldn't think we could make such definite statements.
'Course, I'm not debating anything here, but rather seeking clarification as Barsona was.

It's stated in the statistics for the S-Freedom itself, provided with model kit instruction manuals in the statistics section. (And if you can't trust Bandai, who can you trust?)

How it was placed into the S-Freedom, we don't know. All we know is that it IS there.  

NewtypeS3

Vivio1412

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:29 pm
well to me, while watching the UC series, enhanced humans did have newtype like ability, except they are not newtypes.

coordinators=enhanced humans (to a certain extent. they are engineered. what more is there in the definition of enhancement?)

enhanced human=/=newtype
therefore, coordinator=/=newtype
that's where I thought of the conclusion  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:41 pm
Barsona
well to me, while watching the UC series, enhanced humans did have newtype like ability, except they are not newtypes.

coordinators=enhanced humans (to a certain extent. they are engineered. what more is there in the definition of enhancement?)

enhanced human=/=newtype

Agreed.

At best, one could consider Kira to be some sort of accidental Cyber-NT... but I kinda doubt that'd be never touched upon if it actually happened.  

NewtypeS3

Stray Bullet Shani

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:28 am
NewtypeS3
It's stated in the statistics for the S-Freedom itself, provided with model kit instruction manuals in the statistics section. (And if you can't trust Bandai, who can you trust?)

How it was placed into the S-Freedom, we don't know. All we know is that it IS there.

Che. That's definitely something I dislike about CE...having to piece everything together from models, manga, the series themselves, and Fukada's statements.
Barsona

enhanced human=/=newtype

Yeah, coordinators aren't newtypes by default, but your train of thought does not make it impossible for a coordinator to be one, much less the ultimate coordinator. And we can't really bring in UC stuff to CE.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:16 am
Stray Bullet Shani
NewtypeS3

Che. That's definitely something I dislike about CE...having to piece everything together from models, manga, the series themselves, and Fukada's statements.

They also never really explained the Gaia or DOMs either.

With the Gaia for Andy (showing up in only one episode, sadly), all we know is that the ZAFT guys basically said "Wow, so they got that too?"

And with the DOMs, it's been revealed that ZAFT made them first - but never used them at all because the pilots of the ZAKUs and GOUFs prefered the older units.
Then Lacus gets the DOMs somehow.

I love how they sorta just slide away from explaining these things.

Stray Bullet Shani
Barsona

enhanced human=/=newtype

Yeah, coordinators aren't newtypes by default, but your train of thought does not make it impossible for a coordinator to be one, much less the ultimate coordinator. And we can't really bring in UC stuff to CE.

True, but when a lack of information is there, we're really only left with what we know - be it from UC or AW.

Like I posted earlier, I think Kira and the Extends may be... at most... the equivalent of Cyber-NTs.
It would certainly explain the lack of personality for Kira in Destiny, as well as the oddities of the Extends.  

NewtypeS3

Stray Bullet Shani

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:33 am
NewtypeS3
And with the DOMs, it's been revealed that ZAFT made them first - but never used them at all because the pilots of the ZAKUs and GOUFs prefered the older units.

I think I heard somewhere, that someone had defected to Lacus' little group and brought the blueprints with them. Not sure on that one.
With Gaia it was basically "we got one too, lol".
NewtypeS3
True, but when a lack of information is there, we're really only left with what we know - be it from UC or AW.

But in doing so, you're assuming that it's the same thing for the two timelines, which is a pretty big assumption to make.
NewtypeS3
Like I posted earlier, I think Kira and the Extends may be... at most... the equivalent of Cyber-NTs.

Definitely, the Extended are. However, Kira obviously goes above and beyond that level, as the ultimate coordinator. If you ask me, it's more likely that he awakened as a NT when exposed to the DRAGOON system in Strike Freedom, even if it is the user-friendly type, based upon his NT ping. Before there'd been several hints at it like when he sensed Mwu.
NewtypeS3
It would certainly explain the lack of personality for Kira in Destiny, as well as the oddities of the Extends.

Well, logically, Kira would've exhibited those same personality traits in SEED if it was his being an artificial NT which caused it, since it would've been the prebirth genetic manipulation that caused it. So I think his change is most likely just his maturing, and becoming less whiny. And yeah, the extended are ********' crazy.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:26 pm
Stray Bullet Shani
NewtypeS3

I think I heard somewhere, that someone had defected to Lacus' little group and brought the blueprints with them. Not sure on that one.
With Gaia it was basically "we got one too, lol".

Actually, all we've been officially told is that ZAFT made it for combat, then abandoned for the same reason the Gelgoog basically failed in the original One Year War - none of the pilots wanted to move to a new unit.

Lacus just mysteriously gets 3 DOMs for no reason.

I've gotta wonder, though, why Lacus keeps promoting peace while she keeps on snagging MS in the background. stare

Stray Bullet Shani
NewtypeS3

But in doing so, you're assuming that it's the same thing for the two timelines, which is a pretty big assumption to make.

True - however, considering that Fukuda called Mu and Rau Newtypes (and Rey becomes one by extension of being another clone like Rau), we can probably use the rules that go along with the term.

Stray Bullet Shani
NewtypeS3

Definitely, the Extended are. However, Kira obviously goes above and beyond that level, as the ultimate coordinator. If you ask me, it's more likely that he awakened as a NT when exposed to the DRAGOON system in Strike Freedom, even if it is the user-friendly type, based upon his NT ping. Before there'd been several hints at it like when he sensed Mwu.

That could be true.

However, if I recall correctly, Bandai itself had to call any NT flash Kira recieved as an 'homage' because of some uproar back in Japan over it.

You know, like how the Heine "This is no Zaku, Boy." think was a 'homage' to Ramba Ral.

Stray Bullet Shani
NewtypeS3

Well, logically, Kira would've exhibited those same personality traits in SEED if it was his being an artificial NT which caused it, since it would've been the prebirth genetic manipulation that caused it. So I think his change is most likely just his maturing, and becoming less whiny. And yeah, the extended are ********' crazy.

I'd hope Kira's maturing - though I have to say that I prefer him 'immature' if all he gets to do after maturing is being a Lacus Zombie. But that's just me.

Besides that, Kira's a part of the Ultimate Coordinator project, ect, ect, ect - which at one point did use Al da Flaga's data, if I recall correctly. Feel free to correct me on that.

In any case, if they did have Al's data in there, it's dependant on the definition used as to whether or not Kira's an actual NT (though kinda weak) or a 'Cyber-NT' without some of the side-effects.  

NewtypeS3

ph34r3d_1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:15 pm
I was wondering if they ever released an official soundtrack for Gundam 0083 or for the 08th Team series. I have never been able to find one so I wondered if it was ever even made.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:08 pm
ph34r3d_1
I was wondering if they ever released an official soundtrack for Gundam 0083 or for the 08th Team series. I have never been able to find one so I wondered if it was ever even made.

Well....

Yes and no.

I'm not sure I can help you with the obtaining of legal copies of the entire OST, but I happen to know where the vocal songs used with those OAVs are located online...  

NewtypeS3

Vivio1412

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:41 pm
Let's talk about GAT-X105

Honestly, rather than a core block system that was used in Impulse, I like this one better. What makes Strike so admirable, to me, is it's back pack, and it's capability to handle anything with different use of the back pack.

But the one thing I do not understand is the IWSP back pack. I mean, why is there such a hype on this one back pack? Personally, Aile is my favorite. Nothing better than a fast moving thing.

What makes IWSP special, I guess is my question  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:58 am
Barsona

Honestly, rather than a core block system that was used in Impulse, I like this one better. What makes Strike so admirable, to me, is it's back pack, and it's capability to handle anything with different use of the back pack.

But the one thing I do not understand is the IWSP back pack. I mean, why is there such a hype on this one back pack? Personally, Aile is my favorite. Nothing better than a fast moving thing.

Strike had mission-specific back packs, with which only the launcher pack had an extra battery and signal amplifier.
IWSP was for situations in which more than one of the pack types was needed, and offered the battery and signal amplifier.  

Ophiuchus
Captain

NewtypeS3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:39 am
Barsona

Mostly because it is actually most of the packs combined in one way or another.

I'd need to actually look at the stats again, but I've seen twin swords, beam boomerangs, what looks like an alteref Aile pack, as well as a gattling gun built into the shield that will take out any ZAFT unit at that time, save Providence.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:29 pm
but wouldn't the gatling gun on the IWSP shield be useless against trans-phase shift armor, like in all the next gen, save the Nuclear core ones?  

Vivio1412

NewtypeS3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:53 pm
Barsona
but wouldn't the gatling gun on the IWSP shield be useless against trans-phase shift armor, like in all the next gen, save the Nuclear core ones?

Trans-Phase Shift was only on the new EA units that weren't mass-produced - and on the newer N-Jammer-Canceller suits

In other words, Trans-PS was only on the Druggie Trio suits, as well as the Freedom, Justice and the Providence.

Since Cagali was actually only fighting grunts without even phase shift (and the IWSP was made for her suit), I'd say it's not worth worrying over.  
Gundam

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff