Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aenakume

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:01 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

»»»»»»»»»» Mid afternoon, downtown Brooklyn alley ««««««««««

___ Liu watched Rayne's demonstration with eyes that grew visibly wider as it went on. At the sight of Roxy obeying Rayne's will so clearly and so completely, she had only one comment, "Huh!" After a few seconds of trying to think of something else to say, the best she could come up with was to repeat herself. "Huh!"

___ "That neat trick," she said softly, "Useful, too."

___ She walked in a wide circle around Roxy and Dino, to where she had dropped the bag from the convenience store. She dug in the back for a second and found the keys to the bicycle locks she had put on the two dogs, and for a moment, seemed about to approach the dogs.

___ But after eyeing them warily for a minute, she stood up and walked back over to Rayne, handing her the keys. "Maybe you better do it, hey?"

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:21 am
User ImageUser Image
User Image

“Hey!” Nica said aloud, opening her eyes wide in surprise, “That’s the music! Where did you heard that music?”

Belatedly, it occurred to her to keep her voice down. She slid closer to Skye in the seat, until their hips were pressed against each other, and leaned her lips close to Skye’s ear. She spoke softly, with the idea that the conversation would be between only Skye and herself, but the word ‘subtle’ was not in Nica’s vocabulary. Anyone three rows in either direction could hear clearly everything that Nica ‘whispered’.

“Hey!” she whispered, “The people I am looking for, they make that music. I haven’t heard it anywhere else. Where did you hear that music?”

She reached down her top into her bra and took out a folded, wrinkled sheet of spiral-bound notebook paper. She unfolded it carefully, so that no one on the bus but herself and Skye would see what was on it, and held it open between them. On the paper was a crude rendering of the geometric pattern that had been shown during the incident several weeks ago......... apparently drawn in crayon.

“Do you know thi-,” but then, she realized how stupid and insensitive she was being, “Oh my God. I am so sorry. I......... never mind.” She sighed miserably and slumped in her seat, but was too driven to just give up.

“That music,” she asked, with a gentler tone this time, “Could you tell me where you know it from? It is very important to me. It is why I am here in America.”

User Image

User Image  

Saria Mithril

Rogue Storm Astarael

Fiendish Rogue

17,750 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 4:57 pm
sukitooru yume wo miteita
yawarakai eienn
kaze no youna kasuka na koega
takai sora kara
boku wo yonnde iru
kono mama tobi tateba
doko ni datte yukeru

User Image
~*I was having a transparent dream*~

Skye smiled at the reaction, perhaps she'd gone too far? But no, the girl merely asked her about it, not seeming to suspect anything. She heard the crinkle of paper and assumed that she was being shown a rendering of the symbol she'd been told about.

"Don't worry about it. I get that alot, people waving things in my face and asking 'what the hell do you think this is?' - or stuff like that. Usually they're angry about something, though I can't see what." She laughed, a musical little laugh.

"The music was broadcast all over radio stations and on tv's, it would be hard to miss them. Then again, someone who is blind wouldn't be able to see the symbol, just as one who is deaf can't hear this music. And I know exactly what the symbol you wanted to show me looked like, as my vision was lost after the transmission.

Probably a side-effect, or some wierd accident that was the result of this transmission."
She pulls out a small notebook from her bag, and colored pencils and deftly draws the symbol. It was a perfect rendering, it looked exactly like the symbol. She held it towards Nica.

"Thats it, right?" She didn't think it too impressive, personally, as she had always had this talent for perfectly drawing anything she'd seen once. She also let Ceilidh see it, if she wanted to look at it, that is.

~*It was a tender eternity*~

tumetai asa no himo
mayowazuni susunnde yukuyo
itamimo kanasimi mo
mikatani kaenagara
kimi wo terashiteiru
taikiga mada kienai no nara
boku wo matteite
shizukani mioroshite

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:37 pm
User Image
𝒞́ℯ𝒾ℓ𝒾𝒹𝒽 𝒟́𝓊𝓃𝓁𝒶𝒾𝓃ℊℯ
᚛ᚉᚔᚐ᚜

Céilidh's attention was fully on the blind girl the moment she started humming the mysterious tune, although she tried hard not to show it. She was content with quietly observing the woman, to learn more about her, and eventually, hopefully, the mysterious transmission and what it had done to her. Of course, the African girl's outburst had ruined any appearance of subtlety. There was no point in pretending that she hadn't noticed something going on, not with the African girl broadcasting everything to the whole bus. But for now, Céilidh thought it safer to hide her personal interest in the music and symbol.

Years of living around spies and terrorists and counter-terrorists in Norther Ireland may have made Céilidh a touch too cautious, and suspicious. However, she had a hard time believing that it was a coincidence that not one, but two people who had seen the transmission were on hand to catch the same shuttle bus at the airport. It was also curious how much the blind girl seemed to understand, and that after saying something cryptic about looking for people with a similar purpose, she had started humming the mysterious tune. She certainly seemed to know more about what was going on than either the African girl or Céilidh herself.

While the African girl was distracted with looking at the blind girl's drawing, Céilidh sneaked a quick peek. As long as the African girl didn't see her, no one would know of her interest - because the blind girl wouldn't be able to see her peek, after all.

It was the same symbol she had seen back in Ireland, during the day of the Transmission. She was sure of it. It was a very simple but distinct geometric shape, easy to identify even if badly drawn, but the blind woman had drawn it quite well.

There was no doubt in Céilidh's mind now. The blind girl at least was just like her, and judging by the response of the African girl, she was probably the same, too.

But now what? She had followed the call, come to New York, and found her sisters... but now what? Céilidh decided to pretend to ignore the other two women, to sit quietly aside, and wait and see.

𝒞́ℯ𝒾ℓ𝒾𝒹𝒽 𝒟́𝓊𝓃𝓁𝒶𝒾𝓃ℊℯ
᚛ᚉᚔᚐ᚜

User Image

Aenakume

Rogue Storm Astarael

Fiendish Rogue

17,750 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:14 pm
sukitooru yume wo miteita
yawarakai eienn
kaze no youna kasuka na koega
takai sora kara
boku wo yonnde iru
kono mama tobi tateba
doko ni datte yukeru

User Image
~*I was having a transparent dream*~

When Ceilidh leaned to see the drawing, Skye knew that this Ceilidh woman was much more sharp than the other one. She turned he head ever-so-slightly and looked at Ceilidh's face, though she couldn't focus on any particular part of her face. "Curious? You needn't hide it." She giggled, the same musical laugh she'd given before.

However, she put up a stricter wall around herself. She might arouse suspision if she revealed too much more. The type of ability she possessed was okay to allow others to see, but she felt like just what the extent of her powers were was something that might need to remain hidden. Also the fact that she'd had these powers, to a lesser extent, before the transmission was to be kept secret for now as well.

"Anyways, I'm sure that we'll know just the right moment and place to meet when the time finally arrives. Ah, sounds like we're here." She said, noticing the smallest detail that hinted at the shuttlebus slowing to a stop. Her mizu-echo-vision was weak, inside the bus, but she could tell that people were starting to get their belongings together.

She had said that mostly in an attempt to distract Ceilidh from paying too close attention to her anymore. Of course, the fact she noticed before they seemed to might cause some more suspiscion. 'Can't be helped. Anyways, I've got to report on the arrival of two of our 'sisters'.'

~*It was a tender eternity*~

tumetai asa no himo
mayowazuni susunnde yukuyo
itamimo kanasimi mo
mikatani kaenagara
kimi wo terashiteiru
taikiga mada kienai no nara
boku wo matteite
shizukani mioroshite

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:04 pm
closed for lack of interest.  

Aenakume