Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Fantasy Role Playing Guild~

Back to Guilds

Although we're running a bit slow right now, we'd love you to bring us back! 

Tags: Fantasy, Literate, Roleplay, Character Training, Contests 

Reply Role Playing
Time for FUN!!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Specter of Life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:40 am
After a few hours of begging and bribing, Markirus finaly got a place to stay for the night. Not happy with the amount of money he had to give, he asked the boss if he could do the late night shift so he could make up the money for himself. Of course this meant that he would not sleep for very long, but he was willing to make that choice. After that, he set off to the front desk, with a mug of coffee in hand. Noting that he had a few hours to go, he decided to pop into town for a little while. He glumped down his coffee and dashed out the door.
"I'm gonna have a long night tonight, better make the most of the free time I have."  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:15 pm
Ark left the library when they closed at nine. She didn't check out books anymore because she didn't read them anywhere but the library. They staff all waved as she exited. With a slight sigh of regret, she headed home.

Maybe forty minutes later, Ark whipped out of her driveway, furious. Just because she let the brats live with her didn't mean they didn't have to help take care of the house and themselves. She should send them back to their parents. For now though, she was just looking forward to reading a book she owned and getting some hot food cooked by someone else. Ark headed for the cheapest local diner where, once again, all the staff knew her.

Rohrchi
Vice Captain

Specter of Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:59 am
After traveling through the busy town, Markirus stopped by at the local diner. He stood up straight and playfully asked the staff.
"Now. Where can I find a decent place to get some food around here?"
He bellows out with laughter as he is lead to his seat, after making his order he looks out of the window, peering into the darkness looking at the flickering lights as the day comes to an end.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:14 pm
Ark arrived at the diner with her hair up in a messy ponytail with strands hanging down in obviously arranged manner. Her jeans were low-rise and her tank top was just slightly low-cut. Although she had her book in hand, she thought she might try flirting with the chef tonight instead of reading.

As she entered the diner, she realized that wouldn't be a possibility as the place was ridiculously crowded by the gothic convention goers. She sighed as she was led to her both and set the book on edge of the table. A moment later her waitress came up and took her order.

Everything settled, Ark looked around, wondering if any locals she knew were there. That was when she realized that, right at the next table, was Markirus. "Oh, Jesus, really?!" she thought and turned her head away quickly to open her book.

Rohrchi
Vice Captain

Specter of Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:43 am
Markirus sat there as his food was being prepared, leaning on the table with an almost ghastly look on his face. He looked around the dinner at all the customers piled in, his eyes caught on a familiar sight, a book. He studied it for a few more seconds, then a smile inched onto his face.
"Oh hello dear. I never knew you ate here?"  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:42 pm
Ark couldn't hide her groan as Markirus recognized her. She thought about staying behind her book and only barely acknowledging him, but she knew it wasn't worth it. They'd come close to bonding earlier that afternoon and she wasn't up for more tension at work. Slowly, she lowered the book to the table, making sure she wouldn't have to put it in a sticky spot.

"Hey Markirus. I didn't know you ate here either," she was interrupted by the waitress bringing her coffee. As she poured a sickening amount of sugar and no cream into the mug, she looked up at him, "I actually eat here at least once a week. My little self indulgence. I think I'd go crazy without it." Thinking of the food and the people here brought a small smile to her face, one she never wore anywhere but here and the library.

Rohrchi
Vice Captain

Specter of Life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:57 am
Markirus leaned back with his hands behind his head and smiled.
"Wow, I never thought you could smile. Well not around me anyway. So there is a nice person under that hard exterior of yours."
He held back a laugh not wishing to cause any embarrasement infront of Ark. After a few minutes the waitress arrives with his meal; a burger stacked to the rim of meat and barbique sauce and a mountai of chips to the side, as the waitress places the plat on the table Markirus licks his lips and rubs his hands together with anticipation.
"I haven't eaten like this for a while. This should be fun."  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:32 pm
With gritted teeth, she paused long enough to make sure the angry words she wanted to scream were slightly more moderated. In the time she waited, his food arrived and she wondered if she would even been heard as she quietly said, "No one but you and your friends at work think I'm anything but sweet."

Hearing his insult had made her want to cry. It had already been such a hard night and to have this piled on top was simply too much. She didn't deserve this kind of treatment. She had done all the right things in life. She helped people; she took care of her family; she worked hard. Maybe it was just him. Maybe she came off the wrong way.

Ark didn't care anymore. She turned away from him and picked up her book, blinking away the threat of tears.

Rohrchi
Vice Captain

Specter of Life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:40 am
Just before Markirus dug into his meal he paused and looked up at Adkin, noting a change in her attitude.
"H-Hey, it was a joke. If I've upset you at all please tell me and I shall apologise. After all, it's the end of the day it should be time to wind down."
He grabbed his knife and fork and waited a few more seconds. He looked up at Ark and sighed.
"I'm sorry, it was just meant to be abit of fun."  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:57 pm
Ark waved a hand at him barely taking her eyes from her book, "Whatever. It's not big deal." She knew she was being unfair but her buttons just kept getting pushed.

Every time she tried, every time she got close to someone, even her own parents... they all said that she was frigid and kept herself locked up. It was one of the reasons she'd moved into the town, leaving behind the people she knew best. "Look, it's fine. You just hit a button."

Rohrchi
Vice Captain

Specter of Life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:56 am
Markirus stabbed his fork into his pile of chips and shoved them into his mouth. After a few chews he swallowed and took a swig out of his drink.
"Listen, if there is anyway I can make it up to you. Just let me know, i feel in a good mood today."
He smiled then plowed into his meal.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:03 pm
A plate of eggs had been set in front of Ark before she answered. It wasn't something she wanted him to do. Anyone but him would be better... but there was no one else right now. But could she even ask him now? She'd waited so long to say anything. She stirred her eggs around her plate, mildly disinterested now in light of her dilemma. After taking a sip of her coffee to steady her nerves, she finally just blurted out, "Would you go bowling with me?"

Ark could've hit herself in the face. That was one of the worst ways she could ask and now she'd embarrassed herself and he'd tease her at work. Or maybe worse, he'd go and they'd have good time and they'd just go back to the status quo the next day work. And now she really couldn't eat her eggs or her biscuit because she just kept waiting for his response.

Rohrchi
Vice Captain

Specter of Life

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:05 am
Markirus paused for a moment, puzzled at the invitation. He then smiled.
"Sure, why not? It could be fun. When is it?"
He noticed how embarrased she was and leaned back on the chair.
"You don't need to be embarrased, it's just asking a friend to go bowling."
He smiled in a hope to reassure Ark.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:53 am
"Tonight, actually. I just... really can't stand the thought of going home. If I could I'd stay out all night, but that's not really an option right now." She shook her head a little and started shoveling eggs. Maybe having food in her mouth would keep her from being an idiot.

Why had she given him such short notice? Why had she even asked him in the first place? And since when were they friends? But now he was smiling, maybe she should smile back? Ark made a brief, weak effort, to smile back.

Rohrchi
Vice Captain

Specter of Life

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:47 am
"Sure alright. But it would have to be quick, I have a late shift tonight."
He picked up a peice of meat and raised it up to his face.
"It's amazing how some things can hide just how sweet they are from the outside world."
He smiled and took a bite. After a few chews, he came up with an idea.
"Say, if you don't want to go home tonight, how about you come back to the Hotel with me for the late shift after bowling? Okay it won't be that much fun but I thought it might help."  
Role Playing

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff