Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss Fiendette

3,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:07 pm
GilAskan
This thread really takes me back... in a nostalgic sense. For a couple years on Gaia, shooting down the idiotic statements of mallgoths was my #1 priority while posting. Mallgoths seem to have all but disappeared entirely. Emo and scene has largely died down too. I am seeing a resurgence of some mallgoth tendencies, however, amongst tweeny manga fans who are into goth-loli, which they execute extremely poorly.

Yeah yeah, I get it. If I remember correctly I was in a pissy mood the day I posted but anyways...

Loli can be kinda cute when pulled off correctly but most of the time from what I've seen it's Hot Topic corsets and tutus mixed with poor anime.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:46 pm
that is one thing i hate about major celeb fans, they are posers.  

Blackred_Roses57

ZombieGinsberg
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:18 pm
GilAskan
This thread really takes me back... in a nostalgic sense. For a couple years on Gaia, shooting down the idiotic statements of mallgoths was my #1 priority while posting. Mallgoths seem to have all but disappeared entirely. Emo and scene has largely died down too. I am seeing a resurgence of some mallgoth tendencies, however, amongst tweeny manga fans who are into goth-loli, which they execute extremely poorly.

In NC mallgoths still lurk around en masse but ever since VF got popular they call themselves cybergoths as an excuse to wear Tripp pants after middle school. It used to bother me and now I feel like I'm just above it, I have no reason to care, I dress like some horrible clash of the 60's hippy movement and the 90's grunge movement anyway and I listen to just about everything that isn't absolute s**t so I can't even call myself goth or anything else, if I wanted to that is.

Lolita is semi annoying to me though just because everyone here calls it victorian goth when it's just over-blown harajuku girl faggotry.

/rant  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:19 pm
Blackred_Roses57

The ******** are you talking about?  

ZombieGinsberg
Crew

Miss Fiendette

3,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:39 pm
xChrisThePanda
GilAskan

In NC mallgoths still lurk around en masse but ever since VF got popular they call themselves cybergoths as an excuse to wear Tripp pants after middle school. It used to bother me and now I feel like I'm just above it, I have no reason to care, I dress like some horrible clash of the 60's hippy movement and the 90's grunge movement anyway and I listen to just about everything that isn't absolute s**t so I can't even call myself goth or anything else, if I wanted to that is.

Lolita is semi annoying to me though just because everyone here calls it victorian goth when it's just over-blown harajuku girl faggotry.

/rant

I still consider myself a babybat regardless. :3nod

Cyber in general is just kinda silly. It's understandable if you use it as a way to have fun and all but when people take it to a high ******** extreme then it's just dumb. Raving and listening to VF Radio really isn't srs bsns. xp  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:41 pm
xChrisThePanda
Blackred_Roses57

The ******** are you talking about?

I think she's trying to say that celebrities are excluded from listening to underground music because they're famous and those who do are phoney-baloney, which makes absolutely no sense. Being famous doesn't mean you can't do shiz that normal folks do. confused  

Miss Fiendette

3,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Marximum Philocity

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:00 pm
Yeah I don't really consider myself goth anymore. I mean why pigeonhole yourself?

I dress quite like Kristen Stweart I guess. I still have the tendencies to wear all black, and I kind of psuedo-tease my hair. But I haven't worn fishnets, or my cobweb creepers or anything like that in about a year. Hell, I've hardly listened to deathrock/goth in the past year. I downright avoided it for a couple of months, but then I realised that just because it did consume me once upon a time, doesn't mean it'll consume everything I listen to now. I still like it, so why avoid listening to it?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:22 pm
I wear mostly wear baggy flannel longsleeve button-up shirts tight-ish ripped up black jeans that I flare out at the bottom, random band tee-shirts (or plain black tees) and my Rocky brand work boots along with like 4 necklaces. So I definetely don't dress goth and I listen to so many things other than goth music. So yeah I definetely don't consider myself goth. I'm more of a rock and roll transvestite artist.  

ZombieGinsberg
Crew

Marximum Philocity

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:27 pm
yeah I mostly wear plaid/flannel and tight jeans. no jewellery, and I wear Vans.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:49 am
I've never dressed like a goth. Jeans, band t-shirts and either chucks or combat boots most of the time, and it's been that way since the 80's.  

Death of Cool

Miss Fiendette

3,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:29 am
Usually I wear all black but every so often some green, purple or red will be incorperated into it. My favorite jacket that I wear just about every day has enough safety pins in it to scare an airport metal detector shitless. whee  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:15 pm
I look totally updapunx now, but still in all black. sweatdrop Docs, charged jeans, charged leather jacket, and band shirts or DIY apparel.  

Good Heroine
Crew

Spoopy-bat

O.G. Gaian

8,550 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:43 pm
okay I now feel weird that I wear the bondage pants, band t's, boots, fishnet tops and leggings, bondage skirts, the occasional corset, and my ankh (which I never take off -it's stuck-)  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:45 pm
Katacomb Kitten
okay I now feel weird that I wear the bondage pants, band t's, boots, fishnet tops and leggings, bondage skirts, the occasional corset, and my ankh (which I never take off -it's stuck-)

Not to be an a*****e, but please say the pants aren't Tripp. The giant baggy ones with obscenely large chains are ridiculous. xp  

Miss Fiendette

3,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Marximum Philocity

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:49 pm
Alien Hex Fiend
Katacomb Kitten

Not to be an a*****e, but please say the pants aren't Tripp. The giant baggy ones with obscenely large chains are ridiculous. xp
Her name is a Cinema Strange song, I highly doubt she means Tripp pants. This is no place for mallgoths.  
Deathrock

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff