Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Survivalists ~A Zombie Horror RP~

Back to Guilds

The Zombie Apocalypse has happened... Are you a survivor? 

Tags: Zombie, Horror, Role-Play, Action, Undead 

Reply The Apocalypse
Q&A / Help! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Got a question?
  Heck yeah!
  Well... No.
  "At least I have chicken."
View Results

Urbnja

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:13 am
Physical Poet
zalinto1
Do you like my armor kit? (as seen in bio)

well i see you like larping. smile I dont actually do that but my friend has weapons and we spar with them all the time. I have an advantage though because of my background in weapon training in martial arts(karate to be exact) but i dont always win.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:44 pm
Would it be okay if I make a new location for the main roleplay? Also make it slightly private (at most 8 people) I can be in charge of it. I keep thinking of how I'll bring in a character into the two other locations but I feel like they're too messy and too far along for me. I have some interesting stuff planned out, if you'll permit me, of course.  

Xjioh

NoLifeKing66

6,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:12 am
Xjioh
Would it be okay if I make a new location for the main roleplay? Also make it slightly private (at most 8 people) I can be in charge of it. I keep thinking of how I'll bring in a character into the two other locations but I feel like they're too messy and too far along for me. I have some interesting stuff planned out, if you'll permit me, of course.

I second this notion. Two locations is not enough. We need to expand our horizons.

If you're permitted to start a new roleplay, can I join? I've been planning on making a new character, but I don't want to introduce a second character into the Ontario roleplay and there's just too much going on in the New York State roleplay for my tastes. I'd like something fresh and new.

What location did you have in mind? Pennsylvania would be interesting, since that's where all of Romero's movies took place. Or California. Or England.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:50 pm
NoLifeKing66

I second this notion. Two locations is not enough. We need to expand our horizons.

If you're permitted to start a new roleplay, can I join? I've been planning on making a new character, but I don't want to introduce a second character into the Ontario roleplay and there's just too much going on in the New York State roleplay for my tastes. I'd like something fresh and new.

What location did you have in mind? Pennsylvania would be interesting, since that's where all of Romero's movies took place. Or California. Or England.

Certainly. I don't mind who joins (So long as they're active), so long as there isn't an army of people and it ends up with 10 pages while I'm gone for 6 hours.

As for location, funny you should mention California and England because those were the main two I was juggling. I like California because I know the location well, but the biggest issue is the lack of tall buildings which always makes a zombie apocalypse fun. I like England because of the buildings but I don't know the area well. I'm big on geography, which is why I'm hesitant on joining the Ontario roleplay because I don't know the location, New York is just a postal disaster so I'm even more hesitant about that one.  

Xjioh

N for Notorious
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:33 pm
I'm actually going to probably be adding a location soon to the RP when my New York character goes awal and goes to see if his sister in Russia survived, so if any of you have the time to look up the geography of Volograd, better known as Stalingrad, and the surrounding area of Russia, feel free to join, although the beginning part of the rp will be taking place on the volga river to begin with. as for England, I think its a smart idea, it opens up another european location and theres lots of famous landmarks for battles.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:21 am
Xjioh
NoLifeKing66

Certainly. I don't mind who joins (So long as they're active), so long as there isn't an army of people and it ends up with 10 pages while I'm gone for 6 hours.

As for location, funny you should mention California and England because those were the main two I was juggling. I like California because I know the location well, but the biggest issue is the lack of tall buildings which always makes a zombie apocalypse fun. I like England because of the buildings but I don't know the area well. I'm big on geography, which is why I'm hesitant on joining the Ontario roleplay because I don't know the location, New York is just a postal disaster so I'm even more hesitant about that one.

I think California is a good choice. It is the most populous and the most geographically diverse state in the nation. It has big cities, small towns, forests, deserts, mountains, and a coastline. England is also a good choice. It has big cities, small towns, villages, and moors. It's an island, so there's only one way on or off of it. I suggested Pennsylvania mostly as a tribute to Romero's movies, but also because it's mostly rural, which would make for an interesting environment to roleplay in.

djdog3196
I'm actually going to probably be adding a location soon to the RP when my New York character goes awal and goes to see if his sister in Russia survived, so if any of you have the time to look up the geography of Volograd, better known as Stalingrad, and the surrounding area of Russia, feel free to join, although the beginning part of the rp will be taking place on the volga river to begin with. as for England, I think its a smart idea, it opens up another european location and theres lots of famous landmarks for battles.

That's fabulous, but it doesn't answer our question: are we allowed to start roleplays in new locations, or are only crew members allowed to do that?  

NoLifeKing66

6,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

JasonVoorhees44

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:01 pm
User Image

User Image
( ^click the pic above^ )
( Is there banners? I havn't found them yet, but I'll keep looking. I would like to place it on my profile. )
~Silent but DEADLY~

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:20 pm
NoLifeKing66
Xjioh
NoLifeKing66

I think California is a good choice. It is the most populous and the most geographically diverse state in the nation. It has big cities, small towns, forests, deserts, mountains, and a coastline. England is also a good choice. It has big cities, small towns, villages, and moors. It's an island, so there's only one way on or off of it. I suggested Pennsylvania mostly as a tribute to Romero's movies, but also because it's mostly rural, which would make for an interesting environment to roleplay in.

djdog3196

That's fabulous, but it doesn't answer our question: are we allowed to start roleplays in new locations, or are only crew members allowed to do that?

Honestly, I'm not sure on the policy, for now i'd just pm me with the info you've written, use one of the skeletons from New York or Ontario for your baseline, and I'll post it up  

N for Notorious
Crew

Xjioh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:52 am
N for Notorious

Honestly, I'm not sure on the policy, for now i'd just pm me with the info you've written, use one of the skeletons from New York or Ontario for your baseline, and I'll post it up

To be honest, I'd rather start it. I want to be able to update the first post for time/day, weather, etc. Also since it'll be exclusive, the main area will change quite rapidly. It may not even stay in the same state/province.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:26 am
This is exactly why I haven't created a profile yet it seemed like the places were all to far along, if I may throw my little 2 cents in:

I'd suggest Britain - mainly because then you've got a lot of territory that is stuck on an island (yeah it's a little because I'm from Scotland lol) the only way out would be to have someone elligible to fly planes or drive/sail boats which are both going to be hard to get to due to most ports and airports being in largely populated areas...

My 2nd cent was spent on a gummi bear...  

Shinmei-Jigoku

Dapper Businesswoman

5,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Cart Raider 100

NoLifeKing66

6,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:39 am
Xjioh
N for Notorious

To be honest, I'd rather start it. I want to be able to update the first post for time/day, weather, etc. Also since it'll be exclusive, the main area will change quite rapidly. It may not even stay in the same state/province.

If you want to run your own roleplay, try posting one in the Reservoir subforum. It's for other, zombie-related roleplays.

Shinmei-Jigoku
I'd suggest Britain - mainly because then you've got a lot of territory that is stuck on an island (yeah it's a little because I'm from Scotland lol) the only way out would be to have someone elligible to fly planes or drive/sail boats which are both going to be hard to get to due to most ports and airports being in largely populated areas...

I agree. In any case, I think we need more, geographically diverse locations to roleplay in.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:54 am
Just to point this out quickly, Russia has been launched and it has already passed 100 posts in its first week, although that is bad news for the new york thread 'cause all of its most active rpers are now in Russia XD. if you are planning on rping in one state/province but moving around a lot, theres ways you can have it set up to do that. for instance, I wanted to be able to move around anywhere in Russia in the same thread, I knew there were states, but that would have meant tons of new forums, so I just posted it as Russia, when Akari gets back I'm going to ask her about the official policy, but for now, just try out the locations we have. However I'm pointing out now that I'm not making a new forum at the request of the following two kinds of people : If someone who is inactive who has been here since the first few posts in Ontario or New York asks me to make one, I will tell them they have to become active for at least a week before I make said location and the second thing is, if you are posting one liners every time you post, your requests for a new forum will be denied until you prove you can rp in at least a semi-lit capacity. These qualifiers I'm putting in place aren't to pick on anyone, its to promote activeness if you want something, and all of our non lit roleplayers to develop themselves. This is a TEMPORARY set of qualifiers I'm installing, it will only be up until Akari gets back and I can talk to her about the official policy she had in mind.  

N for Notorious
Crew

Shinmei-Jigoku

Dapper Businesswoman

5,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:41 am
Well Russia is all fine and good but it's one country deadlocked in snow. I think what the main point is that we want more locations outside of America such as more different countries so that it's diverse, people don't get bored and aren't always stuck in one or two countries.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:31 am
yah and I don't have a problem with making more, however I do ask that the person asking for it is active and at least semi lit, thats not asking for a whole lot, no other ideas have been suggested to my, thats why russia has been the only new one so far.  

N for Notorious
Crew

Shinmei-Jigoku

Dapper Businesswoman

5,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:20 pm
Trust me I'm literate, Xjioh would be able to vouch for me - if he remembers me lol  
The Apocalypse

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff