Welcome to Gaia! ::

Resident Evil X A Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

COMPLETE. GLOBAL. SATURATION. 

Tags: Resident Evil, Game, Outbreak, Roleplay, Biohazard 

Reply DISCUSSION & DEBATES
Left 4 Dead: Rip-off of Resident Evil? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Little Motel
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:38 pm
Hikigane_Trijen
2nd Lt
Hikigane_Trijen
If you people still do not see that L4D is a ripoff then that is some serious denial. Anyone will tell you the same. When it comes to a game taking form from movies would be Dead Rising. To say that L4D is like Dawn or the Dead and 28Days Later is a mistake. Those movies are purely zombies and not zombies that had evolved in some way or have been mutated. All the monsters he listed are not your normal run of the mill zombie, they are advanced and evolved; and when that happens then you are looking at a RE wanna be.

Once again I'd like to point out that the only reason why Dawn of the Dead and 28 Days Later was brought up was an ANALOGY.
28 Days Later =/= Dawn of the Dead in the same way that Apples =/= Oranges.
I was saying in my opinion that Resident Evil =/=Left 4 Dead so I used the 28 Days Later =/= Dawn of the Dead, because I believe they too are very different.

If you looked at other video games forums you'd see that many people do not think L4D is a Resident Evil ripoff.

By your logic any game that wants to have zombies and also zombies with evolved abilities is a Resident Evil ripoff? I guess I shouldn't get Dead Island when that comes out in August, because I saw some zombies that could do more than just walk at you. I saw in a video that one of the zombies can actually knock you over onto the ground. This has happened several times in Resident Evil by various enemies, so they must be ripping Resident Evil off too. One of the zombies in Dead Island even dares to charge at you.
So I guess Resident Evil has the whole zombie franchise under lockdown and no one can attempt to make any new zombie game.

Really?? All zombies can knock you to the ground, that isn't some undiscovered zombie power. The only people that seem to think that L4D is a ripoff of RE are xbox fans, and that is because they do not want to see the similarities in something. by me being a tester I have to keep an open mind about things and not be sold on one thing. And just because you fail to see something, it is most likely you do not want to see it.
As cute as it is that you put this much meaning on which system one plays, that has nothing to do with it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:40 pm
Little Motel
Grievon Knight

Really now? What did I say the licker was? A more mutated version of the zombie, meaning what? It evolved from the zombie to get to where it is.

What is the Tyrant? A zombie as well. Difference? The viirus expanded even further than that.
I'll admit poor wording on my part.

Quote:
Now let's look at what you quoted me on:

The first one being with the Hunters from both games. Didn't I point out already that the Hunters on L4D are human and not reptilian?
So you don't need me to tell you that there aren't enough pressing similarities to be able to call rip-off.

Quote:
Next: I said I find coincidence that the outbreak spreaded about the exact same time from both games. Did I apply that to 28 Days/Weeks later? No. I applied it to the games that seem to mirror each other, only L4D is a horrible rendition of it.
I listed 28 Days Later as an example of one of the many zombie folklore where the virus spreads rapidly, showing that it's not exactly exclusive to Resident Evil but a pretty common thing within the genre. neutral
Quote:
Next one: Let's see how far Midwestern and Northeastern are far from each other.
Northeastern

Midwestern

Very close to me. I could have sworn I said if that was the case, Raccoon City is a few states away from Pennsylvania then. *Whistles*
Which doesn't disprove the fact that Pennsylvania =/= midwestern.

Quote:
You haven't seen anyone else make these claims because you play the XBOX where like most overrated religions these days thanks to people who overrate them, saps your creativity. Play another system and you will hear other people make these claims.
rofl
Quote:
Now that you said that about L4D, it's quite obvious that I still have high regards that is one really crappy game and I don't want to get started on the graphics. Did I say every zombie game was a ripoff to Resident Evil? No. Pet peeve of mine when people put words into my mouth.
Look at how adorable you are, letting the point fly above your head like that.

Quite obvious, you're letting the point fly across your head, but if that is all you have to say, then I have nothing more to say about the game, but I do have more. I just don't want to be seen as being an a*****e more than I already am.

Did I ever say Pennsylvania was Midwestern? Here we go again with people putting words into my mouth.  

Klayko

Blessed Tactician

Hikigane_Trijen

6,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:42 pm
Little Motel
Hikigane_Trijen

He wasn't saying that every zombie based game is a ripoff of RE, just L4D and well that is bc it is true.

Go back and read what I said carefully, because you clearly missed the point.
Quote:
Most zombie games a ripoff of zombie movies and RE was the first zombie based game to pull away from that cliche'.

Which is how common folklore happens. Each publication has the same basic principals that pertains to zombies, with their own little twists. That does not make every subsequent series a rip-off of the previous. Even Resident Evil admits to pulling a lot of influence from George Romero movies.
Quote:
Your attitude is typical behavior most commonly seen in most xbox users. (closed mindedness)

So I'm closed-minded because I'm refuting my point. lol
Quote:
L4D is a direct ripoff to RE.

Go on.

Closed minded not because you have your own view on things, but because you fail or refuse to how two things are similar. When you look at the monsters in both games you can see that one of them clearly copied something, but you say that it is completely different with nothing in comon aside from the zombie theme then you have been fulling yourself.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:42 pm
Grievon Knight
Quite obvious, you're letting the point fly across your head, but if that is all you have to say, then I have nothing more to say about the game, but I do have more. I just don't want to be seen as being an a*****e more than I already am.

Trust me, I in no way think any lower of you just because you have a differing opinion. I'm not that dense. If you're done, that's fine by me.
e: Saying two cities are near each other implies them being in the same region. I don't classify being a few states away as close to each other.  

Little Motel
Crew

Little Motel
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:44 pm
Hikigane_Trijen
Little Motel
Hikigane_Trijen

He wasn't saying that every zombie based game is a ripoff of RE, just L4D and well that is bc it is true.

Go back and read what I said carefully, because you clearly missed the point.
Quote:
Most zombie games a ripoff of zombie movies and RE was the first zombie based game to pull away from that cliche'.

Which is how common folklore happens. Each publication has the same basic principals that pertains to zombies, with their own little twists. That does not make every subsequent series a rip-off of the previous. Even Resident Evil admits to pulling a lot of influence from George Romero movies.
Quote:
Your attitude is typical behavior most commonly seen in most xbox users. (closed mindedness)

So I'm closed-minded because I'm refuting my point. lol
Quote:
L4D is a direct ripoff to RE.

Go on.

Closed minded not because you have your own view on things, but because you fail or refuse to how two things are similar. When you look at the monsters in both games you can see that one of them clearly copied something, but you say that it is completely different with nothing in comon aside from the zombie theme then you have been fulling yourself.

I acknowledge that certain elements are similar, but not enough to say one game is a rip-off of the other, and nothing that isn't common among the zombie genre in general.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:49 pm
Hikigane_Trijen
Really?? All zombies can knock you to the ground, that isn't some undiscovered zombie power. The only people that seem to think that L4D is a ripoff of RE are xbox fans, and that is because they do not want to see the similarities in something. by me being a tester I have to keep an open mind about things and not be sold on one thing. And just because you fail to see something, it is most likely you do not want to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2xFFRgl-oM
6:32
I don't see regular zombies knocking me on my a** when I approach them with a melee weapon. You see it again at 9:28.
But a zombie swinging at you to knock you over is too much of a Tyrant attack, right?
Zombie at 8:54 charges at you just like a Tyrant does!
Since this game has zombies that can do more than walk, bite, etc it must be a Resident Evil rip off. I mean how dare a zombie game add more advanced zombies to up the difficulty.
Quote:
All the monsters he listed are not your normal run of the mill zombie, they are advanced and evolved; and when that happens then you are looking at a RE wanna be.

Imperialist American
Vice Captain

Hikigane_Trijen

6,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:52 pm
Little Motel
Hikigane_Trijen
2nd Lt
Hikigane_Trijen
If you people still do not see that L4D is a ripoff then that is some serious denial. Anyone will tell you the same. When it comes to a game taking form from movies would be Dead Rising. To say that L4D is like Dawn or the Dead and 28Days Later is a mistake. Those movies are purely zombies and not zombies that had evolved in some way or have been mutated. All the monsters he listed are not your normal run of the mill zombie, they are advanced and evolved; and when that happens then you are looking at a RE wanna be.

Once again I'd like to point out that the only reason why Dawn of the Dead and 28 Days Later was brought up was an ANALOGY.
I was saying in my opinion that Resident Evil =/=Left 4 Dead so I used the 28 Days Later =/= Dawn of the Dead, because I believe they too are very different.

If you looked at other video games forums you'd see that many people do not think L4D is a Resident Evil ripoff.

By your logic any game that wants to have zombies and also zombies with evolved abilities is a Resident Evil ripoff? I guess I shouldn't get Dead Island when that comes out in August, because I saw some zombies that could do more than just walk at you. I saw in a video that one of the zombies can actually knock you over onto the ground. This has happened several times in Resident Evil by various enemies, so they must be ripping Resident Evil off too. One of the zombies in Dead Island even dares to charge at you.
So I guess Resident Evil has the whole zombie franchise under lockdown and no one can attempt to make any new zombie game.

As cute as it is that you put this much meaning on which system one plays, that has nothing to do with it.

I know, I do try hardest, its just so hard being this cute redface
Its not that at all, it is just in my line of work I see it a lot. Their are tones of players that will dis a game all because its not on their favorite. I just happened to see it mostly with the 360 bc well they like to try to show some pride in their country or atleast that is what i think.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:58 pm
Hikigane_Trijen
Little Motel
Hikigane_Trijen
2nd Lt
Hikigane_Trijen

Its not that at all, it is just in my line of work I see it a lot. Their are tones of players that will dis a game all because its not on their favorite. I just happened to see it mostly with the 360 bc well they like to try to show some pride in their country or atleast that is what i think.

Xbox players are not a hive-minded entity. We all have our own reasons for preferring the 360. But the fact that we use XBL does not mean we have the same motives or line of thinking.
Honestly, I don't even like L4D, I just thought calling it a Resident Evil rip-off was a stretch.  

Little Motel
Crew

Hikigane_Trijen

6,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:05 pm
2nd Lt
Hikigane_Trijen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2xFFRgl-oM
6:32
I don't see regular zombies knocking me on my a** when I approach them with a melee weapon. You see it again at 9:28.
But a zombie swinging at you to knock you over is too much of a Tyrant attack, right?
Zombie at 8:54 charges at you just like a Tyrant does!
Since this game has zombies that can do more than walk, bite, etc it must be a Resident Evil rip off. I mean how dare a zombie game add more advanced zombies to up the difficulty.
Quote:
All the monsters he listed are not your normal run of the mill zombie, they are advanced and evolved; and when that happens then you are looking at a RE wanna be.

You haven't all that many RE games I take it? Play RE if you want to see a Zombie take you to the ground, and in RE4 or 5 if you do not break free they to will take you to the ground also.

I am not talking about adornment in movements but in form and look. That is what evolves and advanced. From form and looks not the fact that your regular severely bitten, missing skin zombie can do.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:12 pm
I honestly am not a fan of either Left 4 Dead game. I have played through both of their campaigns, etc, and I admit I've been introduced to some similarities between Left 4 Dead and Resident Evil in terms of enemies through this thread.

However, I do not feel that is enough to completely call a game a ripoff due to the fact they focus on completely different things.
In Left 4 Dead I can spray an automatic weapon or shotgun all I want at zombies and not worry about ammo, because an unlimited ammo pile is right next to me. In Resident Evil I leave all my powerful weapons in Item Boxes and save them for bosses while I use my handgun and other inferior weapons on zombies.

I really just feel like they expand off the zombie genre in completely different ways, regardless if their foundation is relatively similar.  

Imperialist American
Vice Captain

Senpais Panties
Captain

Demonic Cultist

12,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:17 pm
I dont want to ruin the conversation but I'd very much appreciate it if you moved the conversation to the discussion and debate section, this thread was to help make a Lupo D:  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:21 pm
Hikigane_Trijen
You haven't all that many RE games I take it? Play RE if you want to see a Zombie take you to the ground, and in RE4 or 5 if you do not break free they to will take you to the ground also.

In all of the main games before RE4 they only took you to the ground when you died. The only other game that I know of that's excluded from this is Outbreak where you can actually survive when being taken to the ground. But the zombies can only take you to the ground when you're severely injured, which means blood loss which also leads to feeling faint and dizzy. Obviously you didn't watch the video, because when I said 'knock you over' I meant by swinging their arm to the point that it is powerful enough to knock you off your feet. Pretty sure I clarified on that when I posted the video.

Also the enemies in RE4 and RE5 are not zombies, so that part is invalid.

Quote:
I am not talking about adornment in movements but in form and look. That is what evolves and advanced. From form and looks not the fact that your regular severely bitten, missing skin zombie can do.

I don't understand. Could you clarify? Because you when you're saying 'form and look' I'm just thinking about how a Resident Evil Hunter looks nothing like a Left 4 Dead Hunter in form or look.  

Imperialist American
Vice Captain

Little Motel
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:25 pm
Sinister Deal
I dont want to ruin the conversation but I'd very much appreciate it if you moved the conversation to the discussion and debate section, this thread was to help make a Lupo D:
Sorry about this. D: My avatar is complete and I think the debate's about over. I thought the leader had the ability to move threads?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:27 pm
Little Motel
Sinister Deal
Sorry about this. D: My avatar is complete and I think the debate's about over. I thought the leader had the ability to move threads?
Yeah, I'll move it I just thought you still needed help on your avatar xD

Ok, do you mind changing the title? maybe o: if thats ok  

Senpais Panties
Captain

Demonic Cultist

12,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Friendly 100

Hikigane_Trijen

6,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:30 pm
Little Motel
Hikigane_Trijen
Little Motel
Hikigane_Trijen
2nd Lt
Hikigane_Trijen

Xbox players are not a hive-minded entity. We all have our own reasons for preferring the 360. But the fact that we use XBL does not mean we have the same motives or line of thinking.
Honestly, I don't even like L4D, I just thought calling it a Resident Evil rip-off was a stretch.

lol in all honesty you would be shocked at some of the things I heard.
When I say ripoff it is mostly based on monsters, even though it reminds me of RE: Outbreak the most.  
DISCUSSION & DEBATES

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff