kouhaijpg

Shirtless Sex Symbol

8,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:35 pm
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image
'They say if it's broken, then fix it. But how do you fix a broken heart if you can't even touch it?'

User Image

Anneliese nodded, listening to Ray's explanation, "Yes, yes, that's what it's about. It's won two Oscars, twenty-two awards, and another twenty nominations. There's a Broadway musical and there was recently the Blue-Ray disc which comes with the CD and in 3D." She stated with a grin. "Oh, and by the way, I just happen to be a big Lion King fan." She said with a wink.

She looked at the newest group member, "It's nice to meet you, Tomomi." She started to observe the ice block's proportions when Ray mentioned something. She turned around to see that Ray had been playing in the snow. "Stop lollygagging, we have a competition to win- Oh my." She stopped yelling and realized that it was an attempted drawing of... some sort of triangle thing? "What the bloody hell is that?" She knelt down and squinted,"Is this supposed to be funny?" She stood up and pouted at him, "I don't get it."

User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:31 pm
◆ Ray Colburn ◆
⊑"Luck never gives, it only lends."⊒

User Image

User ImageUser Image

Sure, Ray was aware that his artistic skills were not his forte, but his representation of the scene at Pride Rock was still somewhat decent to his eyes. Blue eyes looked at Tomomi with a small and appreciating smile, "Thanks for the kind words, but you can just say the truth. We are teammates and some critique is always good for later improvement." Turning his head to the confused brunette the blond then replied,"Fine fine, I'm aware it isn't good. Would you like to draw a sketch for Hibari then?" With a swift swap of the hand, the embarrassed platinum blond erased the drawing from the snow before it could be further analyzed by other eyes. Rising from his crouched position and patting any remaining snow from his gloves off he looked at his teammates before saying, "Should we just improvise this and go straight for chiseling the ice blocks now? I hope you can guide us properly Anneliese as to how it's supposed to look." The gambler wasn't bitter at the brown-haired girl for disliking his drawing, it was to expected and it appeared that she was quite the fan of the series.

Walking to the table filled with chisels and handsaws a few meters away from the location of their team, Ray brought back four chisels, deposited them on the snowy ground before returning a few times with enough handsaws for each member. The teen was a bit out of breath from such physical exertion but quickly recovered. "So where should we begin? How about by starting to use the handsaws since they can cut the ice blocks in a quick and powerful fashion but are also known to give a rougher cut of the ice? Then once we have the general idea down, use the chisels to smooth out the sculpture and try to add the details." Although the teen was incompetent in remembering the details Lion King, he recalled with much more vivacity a book concerning the science and techniques used for ice sculpting.

User Image

Sapphire Waltz
Vice Captain

MangaAquarium

Kawaii Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:24 pm
User Image

~Roses are red

~Violets are blue

~Candy is sweet

~And so are you!

~~~~~~~~~

т σ м σ м ι ч α и α g ι ѕ α ω α

~~~~~~~~~

Tomomi blinked at both the brunette's knowledge of the Lion King and her response to Ray's artwork, and then at Ray's response to her own compliment. "No, really! I probably could do worse~" She insisted with a smile, and then a name that was mentioned by Ray a few moments later caught her attention. "Anneliese? So that's your name! It's very nice~" She said cheerfully as she turned to the girl who invited her into the group. Speaking of which, Tomomi would probably never forget that single act of kindness. "Anywho, I think I have an idea~" She hummed, forgetting all about the mysterious hopping girl from before. "When doing the Pride Rock part, we should purposefully hit the ice block hard with the chisel to capture the jagged and chipped appearance of a real rock!"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:29 pm
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
╰☆╮нIBARI кYOYA╭☆╯
ωalk ϒourself, ʏou're ɴot α ɗog.

User Image
Hibari shook his head out of a daze that had occurred as his members talked. He turned to the girl named Tomomi and bowed. "It's a pleasure to have you as a teammate. My name is Hibari Kyoya." His lips gently curved at her as he introduced himself. As Hibari stood there, his head went this way and that, trying to catch up with the conversation between his teammates. How was he supposed to catch up if he's never even seen the Lion King? What is even going on? He slightly shook his head and stood up tall, listening to Ray's summary. Shakespeare? Oh! I think I can figure out what the Lion King is about. He grinned to himself and tried to observe Ray's drawing. Before he could even walk to the sketch, Ray erased it. Once again, Hibari was left in the shadow of mystery. He sulked for a moment, trying to imagine the scene.

Coming out of his haze, Hibari realizes that Ray had brought the tools for carving the large block of ice. He listened to the strategies of both teammates. He thought,
If it's going to be a rock, it should look jagged and a little on the bumpy side. Wait, what kind of a rock is it? No one explained what 'Pride Rock' is. He shook his head subtly and granted the permission for his imagination to roam once more. At first, his mind thought of a family of lions gathering around a large pointed rock, thus the name 'Pride Rock'. The next image that rushed into his thoughts was of an almighty lion king, circling the rock with pride and strength. Just before he could picture a third scene, Hibari grabbed a handsaw, eying the chisels on the snow. He raised an eyebrow to it and smirked. This is going to be fun.

User Image User Image User Image

kibutt

Leonidas Pelagios

Spirited Protagonist

15,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:05 pm
Kyosuke Amatsu

User Image
===============================
"Living Like We're Bulletproof"

"Trembling, crawling across my skin
Feeling your cold dead eyes stealing the life of mine
I believe in you, I can show you that I can see right through all your empty lies
I won't last long in this world so wrong...

Say goodbye
As we dance with the devil tonight
Don't you dare look at him in the eye
As we dance with the devil tonight..."

While Roy was fiddling around with the ice block and offering suggestions, Sam was sketching out the design. Considering that the height, width, and length of the ice blocks weren't given, she was having a bit of trouble drawing the design in scale with the ice block. Furthermore, as she drew the design that she and Roy had agreed on, the design of Bella Swan had started to resemble Edward more and more, eventually turning into Edward wearing a ridiculous tiara, a tutu, and fairy wings.

After Roy offered yet another suggestion, Sam shook out of her reverie to see what she had drawn...and immediately flipped the sketchbook to a new page. "I doubt they'd allow us to take any ice from the other blocks, in case other people want to compete. And as for any objections...I don't have any," she replied, momentarily glancing at Roy to find him hyperactively waving the handsaw around. "Dude, I said be careful with that!"

Current Outfit: Not helping me stay warm at the moment!

((Outcast, Outclassed, Chocolate!: ))  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:40 pm
User Image

User Image
'They say if it's broken, then fix it. But how do you fix a broken heart if you can't even touch it?'

User Image

"Fine, I'll show Hibari." She knelt to the ground and started sketching the image of Pride Rock for Hibari with her fingers. She hated the fact that she had forgotten to get gloves. The snow was beginning make her hand numb. She continued to draw until her sketch was complete and she grinned, "Ta-da~!" She sang happily, gesturing to the sketch she had doodled.

She had drawn Pride Rock with a stick monkey holding up the cub at the edge and the other two lions behind her. Then she had had scribbled some words down to show which was which just in case they didn't know. Then she had decided to halfway do the rest and drew blobs that were supposed to the animals bowing down to the prince. "So what do you guys think? It's the beginning to the Lion King!" She said, rubbing her hands with a smile. "My fingers are so numb..." She laughed sheepishly and saw that Hibari had picked up a handsaw. "Ooh! Look at the way it's built! It's looks so sharp and dangerous! It could probably hack a human in half in seconds! I would love to take it apart to see how it works!" She was tempted to snatch the saw away from him, but that would be very rude.

"Huh? Oh yes." She coughed to clear her throat and smiled, "We should split up into two groups, the one who gets to get the shape of the rock and the starter shapes for the animals and the other group who can do the details of the rock and animals." She explained, "So who knows the basics of ice sculpting?" She asked. She had never dealt with so much snow and ice back in London. She had watched the ice sculpting competitions on TV and didn't bother to remember the basics of sculpting ice. It wouldn't hurt if anyone knew the basics, wouldn't it?

User Image
User Image

kouhaijpg

Shirtless Sex Symbol

8,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

MangaAquarium

Kawaii Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:24 pm
User Image

~Roses are red

~Violets are blue

~Candy is sweet

~And so are you!

~~~~~~~~~

т σ м σ м ι ч α и α g ι ѕ α ω α

~~~~~~~~~

Tomomi immediately whirled around when her other teammate finally spoke. "Hi, Hibari!" She responded with a little wave. Yay! All my teammates are nice~ She thought over-contently.
"Wait, wha? Oh," she said when Anneliese mentioned the chainsaw's ability to kill someone, holding back a slight shudder as she unintentionally imagined the gruesome scene. Then, moments later, she got over it and observed Anneliese as she constructed her sketch in the cold snow. When it was complete Tomomi was able to realize that it was just as blobby as Ray's, although there were some traits that made it better. "That's great! Ummm, anyways, yeah, good idea! I'm not the best at detail or the basics of using a saw or chisel, so I'll be in the first group~"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:25 pm
User ImageUser Image

⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙
Ⓡoy Ⓔvans
⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙

"Hm?" A glance towards his mitten clad hands reminded him of how much of a hazard he was and he quickly let his hand drop so that the saw was now pointing downwards. "Right! So I guess we should start now. Since the Eye of Sauron is on top of a huge tower, I'll be chopping off some of the ice on the sides because we won't be needing them." Without any shift in the air around him, Roy gently took off and landed on top of the block of ice. Samantha had correctly guessed his power of telekinesis. Although it was powerful, it had many drawbacks and it was only a matter of time before that kicked in, but that could be pushed back so long as he could keep himself active and awake.

The teen got onto his knees to peer down from his perch at Samantha. "I'll be taking care of the back and I'll leave Bella and the front to you." The view was great from this height, but quite scary still so it was with much precaution that Roy scooted towards the other side of the ice block. He had a feeling that his boots did not offer a lot of grip on the slippery surface, but it wasn't as though he would break his neck if he fell down from this height, right? "Let's see...I'll center Sauron at the back and should we try to do something about the perspective since the Eye's tower is much bigger than Bella?" He motioned from where he had just sunk the handsaw that had started moving furiously up and down without his hand's guidance, a foot off center, to a corner on the opposite side of the block. "The tower and the surrounding mountains will just be the background while a terrified Bella is running away."

Seize the day, putting as little trust as possible in the future.

Feiyimei

Invisible Gawker

18,225 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Invisibility 100

Sapphire Waltz
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:47 am
◆ Ray Colburn ◆
⊑"Luck never gives, it only lends."⊒

User Image

User ImageUser Image

Ray looked at Anneliese's drawing with slight skepticism, was it that different from what he drew? "Maybe for someone with a more trained eye," he supposed with a mental shrug. "One reason why I didn't sign up for Arts/Music as my Homeroom." Hopefully Hibari could be immensely satisfied with her version of the scene and they could all just it as reference. As the leading brunette mentioned the edginess of the handsaw, Ray couldn't help but express a certain amount of fear through his eyes and questioned himself as to whether or not she should be yielding one at all. "How about you take the chisel Anneliese? You seem to be aware of the details of the characters the best out of us all," the platinum blond suggested with a smile as he bent down to reach for one and offered one at her reach. Thankfully the teen had provided a good enough reason to let her to stay away from the handsaw for their own safety. "Well seeing as Hibari and Tomomi both have a chainsaw at hand, it really does leave us no choice but the chisels," Ray commented after a small observation.

"I may not have a direct experience with ice sculpting but I did read a book about it out of pure boredom," the gambler mentioned casually because he did not deem his knowledge to be vast enough to provide much help as he reached out for a chisel for himself. "If I recall correctly, it wasn't anything pure logic couldn't offer as obvious information. Something along the lines of "ensure that the design fits into the block of ice", "having a design is a good idea". I believe they said that there wasn't a quite a fixed order in which tools should be used or techniques applied because it depended on the circumstances surrounding the ice sculpture. I don't believe that book provided any help as to how to make the scene from the Lion King with the Pride Rock and the birth of the baby cub though." Essentially Ray realized that his information could be of not much help, but he had just rambled on without much thought.

"So should we just start with the first group who will craft out the general shape of Pride Rock? No need to be too precise as the second group will join in to refine and sharpen any details." Now that the blond thought about it, what were they going to do if any mistake occurred during the sculpting like chopping off some of their sculpture by accident? If a good job was to be done, there were no room for mistakes, yet all of them had no background in ice sculpting, so it would be difficult. But then again, the teen supposed that the other teams would be struggling just as much, so they couldn't be that bad at this competition.

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:23 am
User Image

Akyo, found her way to a place that seem to have giant square blocks of ice around the area...she kind of wonder what was going on here...as she got closer look, she notice, that there where a lot of people here as well....

"Hmm...I wonder what they're doing?"

Akyo thought out loud..though she actually never seen something like this before..so she kind of wonder what it was, as she listen & watch at what the others where doing...  

Asashi85

Angelic Detective

13,125 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Friendly 100

Leonidas Pelagios

Spirited Protagonist

15,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:32 pm
Kyosuke Amatsu

User Image
"Living Like We're Bulletproof"

"Trembling, crawling across my skin
Feeling your cold dead eyes stealing the life of mine
I believe in you, I can show you that I can see right through all your empty lies
I won't last long in this world so wrong...

Say goodbye
As we dance with the devil tonight
Don't you dare look at him in the eye
As we dance with the devil tonight..."

Sam was starting to wonder if Roy was intentionally making himself accident-prone, yet she shook that thought out of her head. Note to self: never let this guy anywhere near a pot of coffee...or any more hazardous objects. As Roy hopped onto the top of the ice block, Sam stepped to the side of the ice block across from the teen, thinking about whether she should hack a bit off from her section of the ice block, or to saw off the sides first.

"It might be a good idea...but we still need to make sure Bella is seen running away," Sam replied, almost completing the sketch on the paper. She bit her lip, trying to visualize the perspectives of the Eye's tower and Bella in her mind. "Hmm...how about making Bella with a twelve inch height, with the Eye's tower being eight or nine inches tall? Bella will still be visible, and we can add the leftover ice pieces to your section for added height. Furthermore, we can use one of the leftover pieces to carve out the Eye itself," Sam suggested as she shoved the sketchbook into her backpack and picked up the handsaw.

As she prepared to hack off a few unwanted pieces from her side of the ice block, she glanced around, wondering where the other teammates had gone. She and Roy appeared to be the only ones working on the sculpture. Yet as she looked around, she noticed a red-headed girl watching her group and the other group. Is she here for the competition? Sam thought, giving a short wave to the girl in greeting.

Current Outfit: Not helping me stay warm at the moment!

((Outcast, Outclassed, Chocolate!: ))  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:17 pm
User Image

change your mind and stop the time
тhat comes between us, that bends beneath us
ιf you’re mine, I don’t mind
ωe tried another, let’s try each other

User Image

Lucille had been in a daze for a while as her team was planning out the sculpture. Suddenly, her dull eyes brightened up again and scrunched up. her hands flew to her head,"Owwie..." She mumbled, then shook her head, as if to chase the pain away. She then approached her team, and formed an almost natural looking grin,"Sorry guys, I phased out for a sec," She said as she picked up a chisel. She thought of sam's words, and nodded,"That sounds good. We may want to make it just the tiniest bit bigger, because carving out Bella may be hard if she's only a foot tall."
(Sorry I was gone so long! Exams!D smile

▻мσσ∂: Excited
▸ωєαяιиɢ: Winter outfit
▻ωнσ's ωιтн мє?: No one

ι know it is wrong, but we just don’t belong
ιn their eyes, in the sun
ηo we just don’t belong

CoolQueerLeader

Wheezing Genius

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200

kibutt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:40 pm
╰☆╮нIBARI кYOYA╭☆╯
ωalk ϒourself, ʏou're ɴot α ɗog.

User Image
Hibari walked over to the ground where Anneliese had sketched the scene of The Lion King. He examined it closely, understanding what each shape had meant... partially. His head tilted to the right as he comprehended what the drawing represented. The words helped out a lot. "I.. I think I can get the image." He nodded as he looked up at Anneliese. His hands clenched the tools in his hands tightly. This is going to be a hard challenge. Hibari had no experience with carving whatsoever. His role in the work wasn't actually hard. Waving to Tomomi, he listened to Ray ramble on about the book. He nodded his head to show that he had paid attention. Just then, Hibari stood next to Tomomi. "Hi, my name is Hibari and I shall be in your team within a team.." He chuckled at himself and raised the handsaw. "Ladies first~" He gestured toward the large block of ice and waited for Tomomi to start.

User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:13 pm
User Image

User Image

User Image

Anneliese nodded at her group's choices, "Okay, that'll work then! Just be careful with that handsaw you two." She said, looking at Tomomi and Hibari with a wink. "But seriously, that thing could seriously chop off someone's limbs." She said in a somewhat serious tone. She hoped they wouldn't become paranoid after hearing what she had just said.

She turned her attention to Ray and nodded, "Okay, that's pretty helpful. We sort of have a design." She gestured to her piece of art, "I'll just tell you guys where to cut." She examined the block of ice and did the math in her head after mumbling a few words. She closed her arms and tapped on the block. She took a few steps back and turned her head to the side, trying to get the image of the rock. "Cut it right here diagonally." She picked up a chisel and made a diagonal line going through the middle. "Now start sawing the block right on the line. And be careful!" She took a few steps back and gave them the thumbs up to start cutting the ice.

User Image
User Image

kouhaijpg

Shirtless Sex Symbol

8,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

Asashi85

Angelic Detective

13,125 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:59 am
User Image

Akyo lightly waved back to the girl who waved at her...she still listen in on the other, and kind of figure out they where making something out of the ice blocks....

"They are creating something from the ice? ....Hmm...maybe..."

Akyo again thought out loud but this time she look around the area...and finally saw the sign that was not too far from her...it seem it was a competition...they could work as a group or by themselves...and they must use the block of ice to make something....This kind of give Akyo an idea...but she didn't want to be in the competition....she just wanted to try something...she went over to a Block of ice, that wasn't being use...and it was bit far away from the others....She just walked around it a bit to get an understanding....  
◆ Archived Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff