Welcome to Gaia! ::

♛ Equinox: The Kingdoms of Lunaria & Solaria

Back to Guilds

The Sun & the Moon have always been sources of light & hope. Darkness is rising in the Kingdom of Lunaria, aiming to hurt who needs it most. 

Tags: Medieval, Romance, Treachery, Conflict, Fantasy 

Reply The Kingdoms of Lunaria & Umbra
The Pub Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Full Of Envy

3,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:05 pm
Buttercream Belle

Adoven Dawntraker
-------------------------------------
~~~Death turned to life and said~~~

Adoven leaned back in his seat." Its nothing, they left." He said with a small sigh." Oh well, pour dear, she didn't look so well." He mused, sipping as his wine.

~~~Because you are a beautiful lie...
And i am a painful truth

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:18 pm
Full Of Envy
User Image
xxxxxxxx.xxxPerounelle Alliynnor Syhbblxx
xxxxxxx Cherish the friend who tells you a harsh truth,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx wanting ten times more to tell you a loving lie

"Adoven," Perounelle said suddenly, giving him a pointed look. "I'd like to ask you a question." She faced him, looking serious now, and clasped her hands together, staring at him with those piercing, determined eyes. "With...Your job, you tamper within the black magic business...Do you not?" Perounelle wasn't exactly sure how to phrase it. She wasn't afraid to ask it, but more...Apprehensive. It was doubtful Adoven would even know what she was talking about, but Perounelle supposed that she really wasn't a one to go back on her word, so she came out with it.

"Do you know of someone who goes by the name, 'The Deal Maker'? He's been released...And I'm not quite sure how or why, but he knows about me. Information about me that I didn't know about until now." Perounelle's chesst trembled slightly for a few moments, before she straightened up and cleared her throat. "If you have no idea what i'm going on about, just...Ignore it. But I have reason to think you might know him, or might've met him."

Perounelle leaned in a bit closer, her eyes much more gentle, and curious. "He's not a person I'd like to be my enemy, Adoven."

Subtle Antiquity
Captain

Dangerous Gaian

Full Of Envy

3,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:31 pm
Buttercream Belle

Adoven Dawntraker

Adoven almost spit out his wine at that, covering it up with a small cough, how, in all seven hell's did she know about that. "Your right, he is not one you want as your enemy.." He said, going pale." He is out of Jail now is he? funny, i thought he would be in there much, much longer.." He said, that that was supposed to be what happened, it was his own father, well adopted father, but we don't go into that, who locked the beast away, after what he did to..

"What do you want to know about him..." He finally said, looking her in the eyes, emotion lest steal met determined green."I'll answer all that i can."

And i am a painful truth

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:47 pm
Full Of Envy
User Image
xxxxxxxx.xxxPerounelle Alliynnor Syhbblxx
xxxxxxx Cherish the friend who tells you a harsh truth,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx wanting ten times more to tell you a loving lie

Perounelle then let her gaze drift to the ground, her mind, and thoughts simply reeling. "I - I didn't..." She paused, breathing in. She didn't let him out. Certainly not willingly, anyway. She had no idea how he had gotten out of that cell in the first place, and how the magic binds managed to be torn off him as well. How no one saw this, too, simply flabbergasted her. She didn't even know who he was!

And what infuriated her the most was how he made her feel in his presence. She felt so utterly and completely helpless. This was a feeling Perounelle had never, ever felt. He stirred something in her, and made her feel pain simply by his look. She knew he was somehow connected to her past, and yet she could not virtually nothing about it. It infuriated her, and it saddened her. Never had she felt so weak.

Perounelle let out a ragged sigh, clutching at her dress unconsciously. "I don't know how he got out. I don't remember releasing him. I blacked out, and ended up waking up just sitting there, with the cell door closed, and he was gone. I feel like I contributed to it...But for the life of me, I cannot recall a single thing."

Perounelle looked up at Adoven, her eyes unwavering, determined, serious. "Do you know how he knows who I am? Not me....But, another me, I think. I'm not sure how that works, but I have a feeling we know each other. I've seen him before, I know I have."

Subtle Antiquity
Captain

Dangerous Gaian

Full Of Envy

3,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:04 pm
Buttercream Belle

Adoven Dawntraker

"He...well...Alright." He said letting out a sigh."I think, that, in a past life, perhaps you made a deal with him..."He said, looking at the table as he talked." That's what he dose, he makes deals with people that are hurting...that want out...that are desprete...and in return, they owe him a favor...be it what ever...infuriating task he wished..."He said brushing his hair out of his eyes.

"...I think, that, in order to fill the void in his heart, he lies off of the pain he causes others... i know, little about this mans past...as much as the archives i had gotten a hold of from a job i did told me..he wasn't always this way, he used to be the lover of some highly praised knight...the knight was a humble man, loved by all...but something went wrong..i just.." he frowned, swishing the liquid in his cup around a bit."That's all i know,he was not borne a demon, but now lives as one."

And i am a painful truth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:06 pm
User Image
Ummummorar Ixyll | Tiefling

You know what sounded wonderful right now?

A drink.

And Ummummorar stumbled into the pub with a busted lip and bleeding knuckles.

The day had started terrible enough when she was thrown out of her inn room for no payment, which she rightfully did. That dam--damsel of an inn helper had taken all the money she was going to use to pay her room fees. That son of a bi--bi...

No Ummummorar couldn't think of a way to save that one. That maid was a son of a b***h for stealing fees not meant for her. Even the tiefling knew a good day's work of pay and that maid did not deserve it! But after that ordeal had been done with, she decided to go find some daily work with the nearby wood-worker and helped him with some cabinets, but her and a buyer had gotten into a bad fight over prices and that ended in a battle that left her with bruised kidneys.

Then someone filched her coin purse, so she found the bugger and beat him, thus the bloody knuckles, then on her way here she tripped at fell, busting her lip.

"I need fire ale, the Dwarven kind." she said, quickly planting her face against the cool wood. What an awful day, next thing you'd know there'd be an assassination attempt on her life. Slowly she dumped her bag from her back onto the floor, staff soon following and clattering beside it, in front of her feet.

"Leave the bottle out here." Propping herself on an elbow she poured into the tankard and drank clean in a few short gulps, giving a flinch, forked tongue cleaning the lips before pouring another. Yep, today she felt like passing out in a ditch.

Your Missing Period

IRL Ladykiller

Subtle Antiquity
Captain

Dangerous Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:18 pm
Your Missing Period

User Image

User Image___User Image___User Image
Wesley Stump
ᗯ ᗴ ᔕ

The current bartender's eyes widened as he saw a busted and bruised woman come into the pub and request a drink, then proceeded to practically plant her face into the table. He made no comment and rubbed his sleepy eyes, going into the back to look for said drink.
He hadn't been getting much sleep lately, and what's worse, was that the other bartender had gone on what he said was a "business" trip and hadn't come back yet, forcing the older man to take all of the shifts, considering there was only the two of them.

He came back with a tall glass, filled it with ice and presented it to the woman as he turned around, looking for a damn bottle opener. He rubbed his sleepy eyes again and sighed, before setting the bottle down on the counter with a dull "thump."

He was so tired...He could fall asleep at and moment, and right now they had a customer and-
"Go home, Charles." A low, immedstakable voice sounded out quietly, and Charles's face jerked up to the Pub door, seeing Wes leaning against it, a cigarette in his right hand, his pinkish tomato eyes staring the other down. Charles's lips curled in annoyance. "Where the hell have you been these past few weeks?" Wes didn't answer now. Her brought the cigarette up to his mouth, taking a deep breathe in as he straightened up from the door, walking behind the counter and setting the cigar down in an ashtray. He looked over at Charles and then finally said, "Not here," the smoke blowing out of his mouth to surround the man's face. He coughed softly and swat the deadly smoke out of his view, his eyes burning slightly. Wes only leaned against the wall once more, staring at Charles.

The tired bartender sighed and shook his head at Wes's indirect answer, and then he commented, "You're going to die, you know." He mumbled, motioning to the cigarette burning away on the ashtray. Wes didn't bother to look over to the cigarette. He just shrugged, his jacket moving gently as it was slung against shoulder. "I'll stop when i'm dead. Now go home." Wes said, passing the man and patting his shoulder.

Charles didn't complain. He shook his head and rubbed his eyes, picking up his things from a nearby coat wrack, leaving without another word.

Wes let out a low hum, taking one final swig of his cigarette before he crushed it against the bottom of the ashtray, blowing the smoke away with a gentle sigh. He grabbed the bottle of fire ale now noticing the woman slumped against the counter with a raise of his eyebrow. He popped it open and poured her a full glass, leaving the bottle there as he stretched, closing his eyes gently.

“ While I was looking the other way your fire went out
Left me with cinders to kick into dust
What a waste of the wonder you were
In my living fire I will keep your scorn and mine
In my living fire I will keep your heartache and mine
At the disgrace of a waste of a life ”

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:35 pm
User Image

She stared at the man who had replaced the overworked and underfed bartender, slowly eyeing him up and down, judging, analyzing. She'd never met a man with such full lips, they were practically feminine. And his hair was pink. Not a brilliant, poisonous pink no, but just pink. His eyes appeared just a shade darker. Generically attractive facial features, someone round face, average for a man. Slender neck, probably a bit buff underneath the outfit if she judged the wrinkles and creases correctly on his shirt. Watch, ring, gold eyes fell down to the cigarette which had been discarded. God she wished she could smoke one. Tried it once and vomited her entire digestive tract.

But his hair was pink. How Ummummorar desperately wished to make a snarky comment about it, but he had a stone face, seemingly unamused with life, or just bored. But, she sighed and downed her second glass just as easily as the first, she couldn't judge him. Her own hair was white for gods sake she couldn't make fun of him for pink hair. His girly lips maybe, but she just didn't have the strength. Was that a scar above his eyebrow? and what about the wrinkles just showing at the corners of his eyes, he had to be older than her by a few years. Thirty, tops.

"You got a bowl I can use? And can I have it?" Her third cup was being poured, shaking the bottle and listening to the amount of ale inside. She had enough. She didn't need that big of a bowl anyway.

Buttercream Belle

Your Missing Period

IRL Ladykiller

Subtle Antiquity
Captain

Dangerous Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:52 pm
Your Missing Period

User Image

Wesley Stump
ᗯ ᗴ ᔕ

Wes's eyes didn't open as he heard the girl speak. He continued leaning against the wall, and cracked one eye open to look at the...woman. Not girl. His eyes took in her features carefully. Her skin was a bit darker than most. She had stunning golden eyes, and silver hair that stood out just as the moon did in the night sky. She looked just about his age, maybe a few years younger. He sucked in a breathe, craving yet another cigarette. He watched her actions, opening his mouth up to say something before he stopped. He was going to tell her that if she wanted to throw up, she could use the restroom. But he inspected it a bit closer. She shook the bottle to see how much was left. She was gauging the amount of liquid. Why? Well, common sense would deem that she wanted to know how much she could drink.
It looked to Wes that she was gauging if she had enough to put into a bowl. He gave a curt nod and disappeared into a back room before he got out a small bowl that was often used to hold various bar snacks such as nuts and crackers.

He set it down on the counter a bit far away from her before going back into the backroom and searching for an old rag or cloth. He hummed in satisfaction when he found one, and set it down inside of the bowl, before taking the side of it and sliding it over to her.

He turned and ran a hand through his fiery hair before quickly picking up a glass, beginning to dry it off.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:19 pm
User Image

Her third glass was sippsed carefully, now taking the time to taste the heat which touched her tongue and warmed her throat. Dwarven ale, nothing could beat it. If she ever decided to get a decent job again for more than a month maybe she'd learn how to make it and live life making and selling. The thought made her chuckle, taking another sip as the wooden bowl lightly tapped the counter.

She reached to grab it, not finished with her sip but the tips of her fingers just touched the surface of the bar. What? Umie looked over, realizing the a*****e had set the bowl on the other side of the bar. Sorry, the anally retentive man had set it on the other side of the bar. With a groan she took a breath and reached over to grab it, stretching her fingers, knuckles not appreciating the stretching when they were trying to clot and scab over. She was ruining their hard work! Dammit she couldn't reach, that meant she had to stand up. Ugh. She just wanted to rest. Freaking, a**l retentive, horn blower...

She stood, taking two steps over when the man walked out, placing a rag inside the bowl and sliding it to her previous position.

She bit back her tongue, giving him a strained smile before turning and sitting back down. "Thanks. I'll need another bottle of ale too." And dumped the rest of the contents in the bowl, r tried too, She didn't want to overfill it so she chugged the rest just as she placed her hand in the alcohol. Her knuckles screamed, but the only indicator of pain was a tightened jaw and a slow exhale, the empty bottle being placed down. Let the alcohol do it's charm, she couldn't afford a physician so this was as good as she could do for now. And she still had one more hand to go.

The forked tongue reached out, touching the cut on her lower lip. Jesus that felt nasty, hopefully it looked half as bad. She finally looked at the rag, taking it and squeezing the ale out of it before pressing it to her mouth. "Cheap medical care." An answer to a question he didn't ask. Her hand was taken out and she moved it under the bar, giving it a little shake before lightly patting her leather with it, drying her hand off but leaving the knuckles wet. Placing the rag on said knuckles she grabbed the bowl, staring at the contents before shrugging and downing that as well. She needed clean alcohol for her other hand.

Buttercream Belle

Your Missing Period

IRL Ladykiller

Subtle Antiquity
Captain

Dangerous Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:37 pm
Your Missing Period

User Image

Wesley Stump
ᗯ ᗴ ᔕ

Wes's eyebrow raised slightly when he came out of the backroom to see her trying to reach the bowl, but his expression dulled just as he gave him a strained smile and thank you. He shrugged and then mumbled, "You're welcome toots." Before he watched her bathe her bruised and probably infected knuckles, holding in a grin. He put a hand over his forehead and sucked in a breathe, just as she chugged the rest of the bowl down. He then let out a low chuckle and started to laugh. A full laugh. It died down after a few seconds, and all he could do was go into the back room and come back with...Oh, amazingly, a first aid kit. He held it up for her, smiling softly. "Oh. I was just thinking, you know, it wouldn't make sense to have a first aid kit of all things at a bar, you know? Because people don't get drunk at bars, obviously. And bar fights don't start, which would be why a pub would need a first aid kit, complete with gauze, and cleaning alcohol." He continued staring at her, holding it a grin. He knew she would be steaming, angry. It only made sense.

Wes shook his head with yet another chuckle and set the bowl aside, leaning over the counter to gently take her chin into his hand, surverying the damage of her lips. "Ask and you shall receive," He mumbled under his breathe before he gently ghosted his finger underneath the wound. He clicked his tongue in annoyance and opened up the first-aid kit, revealing several things that would have helped her greatly. Pain killers, medicinal alcohol, sleep medicine, several bandages, and finally, gauze. He turned back to her and got out the alcohol, rolling up his sleeves stepping back and bracing his hand on the counter, heaving himself over rather than having to walk to the side to get closer. Once he was on the other side next to her, he picked up the cloth he gave her before and wetting it with the cleaning alcohol. He gently took her chin in his hand and slowly dabbed her lip, face now serious. "This isn't the first time. I know what i'm doing." He mumbled once more before his pierced tongue darted out to wet his lips, smelling fine dwarven ale on her breathe.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:13 pm
User Image

Excuse you? Toots? What'd she look like a two copper harlot on the side of the street? She was at least worth a silver darnit all. Her annoyance only grew as she heard him inhale, quickly covering his forehead and in turn his eye. His lips seemed tight, was he laughing at her? Drinking from the bowl she heard the laugh, wood being placed down hard as she frowned deeply at him. "Watch your mouth Lady-Lips, I can't fu--reaking drink the alcohol that comes in those damned first aid kits. I like my poison to kill me slowly not all at once." She was gunna have him joke on the damned bottle. "I don't need the first aid kit!" She snapped, trying to keep her vulgarity under control. Damn wasn't a bad word, damn was a way to stop water. Damn damn damn damn damn damn damn.

But he leaned closer and she leaned away, gripping the counter but he just kept on moving forward, the woman having to stop before she fell off of her stool. "How the fu--reak did you get your license to serve alcohol?" she hissed, keeping the not so happy look on her face as he touched her. He might as well have been slathering her face in dog feces the way she was reacting to his touching. By the gods hadn't this man heard of personal space?! "I didn't ask." Sharp teeth snapped at the finger. That made him back off, her golden eyes trailing down to what was in the box.

Oh look sleeping aids. Wait, no, coupled with the copious amounts of alcohol she intended on drinking she'd end up dead in the ditch. Damn, maybe next time, or she could snatch em up, which seemed less dangerous towards her overall physical ******** s**t don't jump over the counter!" She yelled, backing away from her seat as his landing would have made him much to close to her to be comfortable. "You have a goddamn doorway for that! See the hinges! It ******** lifts up you daft baboon!" But her chin was grabbed and the alcohol placed against the wound. A growl left her lips but she was suddenly distracted by a flash of metal. Then she just stared at his lips curiously. That wasn't something you saw every day. She stood there silently for a few minutes before her fist was aimed up hoping to punch up against his diaphragm.

Buttercream Belle

Your Missing Period

IRL Ladykiller

Subtle Antiquity
Captain

Dangerous Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:41 pm
Your Missing Period

User Image

Wesley Stump
ᗯ ᗴ ᔕ

Wes ignored her remarks, though he couldn't help but grin at some of them as he stepped away from her. Lady Lips? He stifled a chuckle at that, it was a damn good one, for sure. He quickly evaded her punch as she attempted to hit him, and he quickly stepped back, both his hands up. "You wouldn't hurt an unarmed, man would you?" He asked, before slowly putting his arms down, eyes narrowing to her knuckles that were now openly bleeding with the exertion she kept letting out. He let out a small sigh and leaned on the counter, a few feet away from her before he pulled out a cigarette, patting his pocket for a lighter. When he realized he forgot it, he sighed balanced the cigarette in his mouth before he stuck a finger out, the tiniest of flames sprouting from it at he used it to light his cigarette.

He took a puff in and let one out before his eyes traveled over to her, and he simply said, "You're rather loud." He ran his pierced tongue over his lips once more, simply to wet them, before he took another puff of his drink, slowly approaching her. He looked down at her with calm and curious eyes before chuckling again. "Well s**t. First time i've helped someone in this bar and I get turned away. Maybe God has a sense of humour," He mumbled as he let out the toxic smoke of his cigarette, taking another breathe in. He let the smoke out this time, from his nostrils, and then continued. "So you plan on paying for two full bottles of high quality dwarven ale. Not just regular ale, but Dwarven fire ale." He let out a snort of amusement and then walked around the counter, gently opening the tiny door to allow him entry. "Oh, it's magical." He said as he opened it up, the annoying squeaks of the hinges being heard as he did so. He put his cigarette on the nearby ashtray again and started putting things back into the first aid kit. "It'd be a shame to have those lips be ruined, not when that tongue of yours complements them so nicely." His eyes darted over to her, on cue, he pressed his lips together before they curled up into perfectly charming smirk. He turned on heel and disappeared into the back room without another word, putting the kit away.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:09 pm
User Image

"You'd be surprised who I'd hurt, Lady-Lips." or maybe he wouldn't, who knew. The air was stinging at her knuckles and she let out a low hiss, looking at then. The weak scabs were broken on her left one but considering she'd dunked her right one in alcohol that one was bleeding all over the place. "******** s**t." She grumbled, grabbing the rag he'd placed down and wrapping it around the bleeding hand. "You're rather quiet." She sneered, having to stop midway as the metal flashed again. Good god it was attached to his tongue. It was almost automatic to wet her own lips, but she tasted the medicinal alcohol and made a face. The man took this opportunity to step forward in the split second it took her to cringe.

Gold clashed with magenta, the tiefling keeping her frown which only grew as the smoke was put in her face, but she didn't cough, and she only blinked once. She'd met more intimidating men then someone with pink hair and full lips. "Excuse you, horn blower, I have only drunk one bottle of fire ale and I have yet to drink my second and I am not leaving until I down a third as well." The whine of the hinges made her tremble, it was like he was purposely trying to irritate her and she was holding in the reigns to keep from going all out at him. She moved and sat back down in front of her drink, opening the new bottle by hitting the lid against the bar and pouring it.

His comment on her tongue made her twitch, face trying to heat up but the woman fighting against it. "Well, people aren't focusing on my lips when my tongue is complimenting various parts of their anatomy." she said loudly so he could hear in his back room, chugging down the alcohol. At this rate she could sleep on the road if the ditch was too far away that damned bartender was ruining whatever good mood she had.

Buttercream Belle

Your Missing Period

IRL Ladykiller

Subtle Antiquity
Captain

Dangerous Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:29 pm
Your Missing Period

User Image

Wesley Stump
ᗯ ᗴ ᔕ

He ignored her words once more and shuffled through the various things in the back room before pulling out a few more bottles of the ale to restock. He brought them back and looked around for the bottle opener, sighing when he couldn't find it. He quickly set the bottle down and bent down, looking on the bottom shelves. He clicked his tongue in annoyance as he couldn't find it, and he brought the bottle up to his mouth, his tongue swiping at the cork with the tiniest of 'pop'!s as his piercing forced it open. He sighed and yawned, not bothering to close his mouth. Wes ran a tired hand through his hair before he heard yet another insult.

Horn blower? He wondered where that came from. Another lip reference? He grinned at that, almost glad he didn't get his lip pierced a while ago. He had to chuckle with her words about her tongue, and he simply mumbled, "I suppose I might as well get on my knees at this point, I must be blowing your night." He mumbled with a roll of his eyes, as he got out a beer of his very own. Not as fine as what she was drinking, but surely enough to quench his thirst. He popped it open as he ran his tongue over the the cap, taking a swig of the liquid before he let out a satisfied 'humm', licking his 'lady lips' to better greet the beer's slightly bitter flavour.

The Kingdoms of Lunaria & Umbra

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers