Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lego Sex
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:13 am
AceGreyManx
I should probaly apologise for my late begining, but I won't. Especially considering that I had a reson for it. Two actually. First, this is my second post - the first being the very first after the intro - and second, I was so shocked and (dare I say) appalled at the style of writing that was being produced. An entry like mine is what I had expected as normal for everybody.

However, I will apologise for the deleted posts. As you can imagine, I was typing that narrative for sometime before it was posted, and seeing as how it took quite a lot of my effort, and most importantly, moved the story along far more significatnly then the three posts I deleted (which were posted after I had begun and therefore were not in sync with the pre-decided plot) I though it best to keep it.

Please excuse any spelling errors, as it is late and I'm very tired. I have (of course) checked it, but I may have missed something and will therefor do so again tomorrow. There is quite a bit I want to talk to you all about, but - as I said - I am very tired, and it can wait.

~Ace

Ok, well this is my first time at trying my hand at role playing. I would have no clue to make it as long as your posts. I'm sorry but as I'm sure you know this is my first time so if my posts are short and well just crap please ensure that you know that I'm in a learning stage.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:37 am
ziadon2
w-wait before i go...ace...your insane to think any normal human being could continually write that much without turning it into a novel first

Insane am I? I have created, hosted and managed an RPG before, and I know what I can expect from players.

Prophesized Ones is my very first RPG and it's been running since April 25th 2003. From the begining our posts were at least double these four-line things that I'm seeing. No one there seemed to object - in fact, they wrote the longer posts of their own violition.

http://www.cs.bilkent.edu.tr/~david/derya/stbks1/stbk1113.htm

That's it. Now, I'm not expecting you to be up to scrap with these guys (given how long they've been posting) but I ask you to at least try. I'm the editor here. It's what I do. The editor can't control what's written or how it's done, their job is to push the writers to the best of their abilities.

There's no way I can force you to write entries like mine. And I don't honestly expect you to. Plus I do want you to have fun.

Just... try. That's all I ask.

~Ace  

AceGreyManx
Crew

Dragon Tails

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:09 am
*grumbles* I rember that, I never understood it but you spent literly hours just writing it annoyed me to heck. Ace, we can try to make posts longer but were not all up to your standers, infact to be honest, until you came along and told me that you were appuled and told everyone esle, I was happy with the way things were going, I'm not trying to be rude...okay, so maybe I am. I want you to stay in this RP, as do I want everyone else too, but we were having a good time. I've been in one RP and it was very relaxed so I'm no expert, and I'll admit that in frount of everyone, who now, may or may not trust my jugement. Sometimes I feel like evrytime I do something good, you just knock it down and out with something better, something cooler and perfect and then all the effort, YES IT IS EFFORT MAKING PARAGRAPH POSTS, I put into to everything I did isn't good enough anymore. Why don't you try it our way after we try it yours? It sounds fair, and then we'll comrpimise somewhere in the middle. Is that good for everyone?

Ace you know what I think of you and I'll always think that but sometimes, you just gotta loosen up, relax, don't be perfect. Don't leave the RP, please, I want you in it. Just see things from my side.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:25 pm
... I think I scared everyone away. Isn't anyone going to post?

Also, I'd like to apologise for the quality of my post. Definantly not one of my best. Plus I don't like to center so much on my own character (especially with what I preach about Mary-Sueism). Unfortunantly it was necessary here, due to an obvious lack of Nicander in the story, and the need for background.

Someone please post.

~Ace  

AceGreyManx
Crew

NeEvIlWeEvIl
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:54 am
Yep Ace, you've scared everyone away. xd

I don't think anyone wants to post after you!! ((you are very intimidating blaugh )) Plus I can't think of anything to say..... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:21 am
NeEvIlWeEvIl
Yep Ace, you've scared everyone away. xd

I don't think anyone wants to post after you!! ((you are very intimidating blaugh )) Plus I can't think of anything to say..... sweatdrop

Like wise  

Lego Sex
Vice Captain

Dragon Tails

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:17 am
AceGreyManx
I'd like to apologise for the quality of my post. Definantly not one of my best. Plus I don't like to center so much on my own character (especially with what I preach about Mary-Sueism). Unfortunantly it was necessary here, due to an obvious lack of Nicander in the story, and the need for background.

Why don't you post like us instead of the other way 'round? and Your post was fine so stop bugging yourself about it.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:10 pm
Just a question, but was everyone O.k. with how their characters were portrayed? Because, y'know, if I write something that's out of character, then you have the right to contest it, just as I have that same right if I feel someone has shown Nicander incorrectly.

~Ace  

AceGreyManx
Crew

AceGreyManx
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:01 pm
Dragon Tails
Why don't you try it our way after we try it yours? It sounds fair, and then we'll comrpimise somewhere in the middle. Is that good for everyone?

Sorry, Jay. I've been kinda ignoring your posts (not on purpose!) I just realised that I hadn't addressed them.

But I just can't follow your 'suggestion'. It's physically impossible for me. I mean, god!, how much more effort is it just to try. Write one more sentence then you originally planned, think of one more thing your character can do to help move along the story. That kind of stuff. Start slow, I don't mind. But what good would me writing less accomplish? Even if your posts continue as they are, so will mine. I can only hope that they rub off on you.

General RPG Advice

Quote:
i prefer not to write what other character's are gonna say in an RP...to me it seems...dare i say...rude... because it doesnt give the people time to come up with a response that they would like and aking it more of a 2 person dialogue between 2 characters...not one person

This is also another point that I've been trying to get across. If your character is misrepresented and you get (quite) upset, or if you think it's rude that somebody has written the responses for 'your' character then you need to think about what it means to be in an RPG a bit longer. Because, when you enter a writing community the character you 'play' does not belong to you. It belongs to the story and it is a tool that everyone can use for such purposes.

Likewise, if you get offended at something that happens to your character you must remember that your character is not you. Each individual response is not up for you to decide. Now, this may seem out-of-synch with what I said in my last post, but it's not. That's because contesting how a character is portrayed has more to do with character consistancy and believability than 'OMG tats SO not wat i'd say!!1!!!!1'

What's more, waiting for a response from a player actually slows down the whole story and greatly hinders plot development. If you have an idea in mind, but it involves having another character do something significant, then the only way it's gonna happen is if you write it. The person you're waiting on is likely to twist the situation you've set up to thier own agenda. Because, as I have said earlier, everyone in a story like this has their own agenda and ideas for their characters, usually ones which conflict with each other. That's not to say we should warp characters to our liking, just that the story won't progress if no one takes action and just writes.

Dragon Tails
Ace you know what I think of you and I'll always think that but sometimes, you just gotta loosen up, relax, don't be perfect. Don't leave the RP, please, I want you in it. Just see things from my side.

Jade, if you want me in you know I'm in no matter what. You know if you want me out I'd leave just 'cause you asked.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:28 am
whee !!  

Crystal Guardian Girl

Crystal Guardian Girl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:54 am
domokun Where'd everyone go? crying  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:36 pm
Lunar Star Angel
domokun Where'd everyone go? crying

That's what I've been asking myself  

Dragon Tails

ziadon2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:04 pm
sorry i just recently got ungrounded. but... there was a situation that had to be dealt with between my friend and i...then meeting some old friends who were badgering me and wont stop...then a whole list of other things and now my dads trying to ground me again and make me clean my house tomorrow (well technically today)...for really stupid reasons...and its just been a tiring few weeks...so i havent been able to keep up to date with anything at all on the computer and it still might be hard the upcoming week or 2 because of school starting and my math book still hasnt shown up yet...then my gf should be coming into town either today or next weekend ... then i still havent resolved my problems with my friend...he has stupidity issues and wont listen to reason...and right my life is really busy...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:51 am
ziadon2
sorry i just recently got ungrounded. but... there was a situation that had to be dealt with between my friend and i...then meeting some old friends who were badgering me and wont stop...then a whole list of other things and now my dads trying to ground me again and make me clean my house tomorrow (well technically today)...for really stupid reasons...and its just been a tiring few weeks...so i havent been able to keep up to date with anything at all on the computer and it still might be hard the upcoming week or 2 because of school starting and my math book still hasnt shown up yet...then my gf should be coming into town either today or next weekend ... then i still havent resolved my problems with my friend...he has stupidity issues and wont listen to reason...and right my life is really busy...

Well you sound busy and don't worry I hope everything gets resolved and you can come back to us soon. And thanks fir posting anyway. Also to everyone else post! evil  

Lego Sex
Vice Captain

Crystal Guardian Girl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:45 am
3nodding He does seem busy, it'll all calm down sooner or later just give it time 3nodding *Hugz* but make sure you relax, it's always good to relax.. trust me.. stress is not good.. I think it did something to my stomach.. cause I have to wait 2-4 hours to eat in the mornings, and plus I can't eat peanut butter in the morning, no matter how many hours I wait.. Then there's milk.. Well anywho, just make sure you relax lock your door if you can. And I know how it feels with the dad part. My step dad nags at me and my older sister to do this do that, while my lil sister really.. does nothing.. *sighs*.. Well. I do hope it'll get better sooner. And thank you again for postin 3nodding .  
Number3

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff